Factory connection Aer 48

CM46
Edited Date/Time 8/3/2018 9:25pm
Anyone tried there performance revalve ? Price starts at 398.

|
Superdave19
1/30/2018 4:34pm
I'm dying to hear an un-biased review- Ready to send mine out, but skeptical as to where. Reason being is that they are pretty dang good... Don't want someone screwing them up and not be as good as stk!

They do have some noted flaws that I can't fix with clickers.
LumpDog841
1/30/2018 5:37pm
I felt my AER revalve was pretty good, though the settings they provided were way off. Got sick of the air and bought some CV forks. If I had to do it again I would have gotten the spring conversion.
1/30/2018 5:40pm
I'm dying to hear an un-biased review- Ready to send mine out, but skeptical as to where. Reason being is that they are pretty dang good...
I'm dying to hear an un-biased review- Ready to send mine out, but skeptical as to where. Reason being is that they are pretty dang good... Don't want someone screwing them up and not be as good as stk!

They do have some noted flaws that I can't fix with clickers.
I notice some flaws too. To me it feels like they are harsh on small bumps. Also feel like they ride high in the stroke while cornering. Im actually thinking of getting the spring conversion this week. What do you notice?
Bruce372
1/30/2018 6:18pm
someone in another thread said the FC modifications included a check valve on the mid valve, like the MXT piston for that bike.

The Shop

slipdog
1/30/2018 6:47pm
Bruce372 wrote:
someone in another thread said the FC modifications included a check valve on the mid valve, like the MXT piston for that bike.
So they're kind of making it like the 2 stroke fork? Funny, because I add a mid stack to the 2 stroke fork for better stand up and build a floating stack for the 4 stroke so the fork settles and absorbs the chop.

Gotta to be more to it than a check valve? Guess I just never thought to charge twice the normal price for it...
Bruce372
1/30/2018 6:56pm
Bruce372 wrote:
slipdog wrote:
So they're kind of making it like the 2 stroke fork? Funny, because I add a mid stack to the 2 stroke fork for better stand...
So they're kind of making it like the 2 stroke fork? Funny, because I add a mid stack to the 2 stroke fork for better stand up and build a floating stack for the 4 stroke so the fork settles and absorbs the chop.

Gotta to be more to it than a check valve? Guess I just never thought to charge twice the normal price for it...
sounds about right- ironically, as bad as i suck, ive always thought the front doesnt settle well... and has a bit of a twang on slap downs!

Factory Connection’s AER48 Performance Kit delivers a whole new level of plushness to one of the best air forks currently on the market. We took our already proven AER48 Revalve and set out to improve upon the initial comfort and front wheel traction of the fork. The results are something we are very excited about and test rider feedback supports our enthusiasm – riders raved about the drastic changes made to the fork.

“Hand Feel” is improved – the initial sharpness of the fork is eliminated, especially when the front end of the bike is light such as accelerating out of a turn with your weight back. As the fork glances across the tops of the bumps it will have a softer, plusher feel.

Additionally, the fork is now able to settle into turns better. Previously, some riders may have felt the fork rode high and was too restrictive to compressing into the turns. Better cornering performance could be achieved by drastically reducing air pressures, however that comes with a compromise on other areas of the track. The Factory Connection AER48 Performance Kit frees up the initial movement of the fork allowing it to settle, gain traction and still continue to run normal air pressures. Lighter riders and those looking to improve their cornering ability will benefit greatly from this new feature.

The AER48 Performance Kit gives you some great new features while still retaining the excellent, progressive qualities the fork already possesses. Contact us today to get started on making your AER48 fork one of the best you’ve ever ridden!

Revalve or Rebuild-Update
$225.00 or $119.95
Fluids
$28.95
Performance Kit
$145.00
2016 and 2017 forks we recommend updating to the 2018 parts listed below
18 piston 48601836S
$23.00
18 air seal 48601628S
$62.00
18 spring guide
$30.00
xr70
2/10/2018 8:42am
aedwards07 wrote:
What is in the actual performance kit for $145?
Probably something to have u spend more money on !
chrislauro134
2/10/2018 10:33am
Yeah so I know next to nothing about suspension but have been a long time FC customer and a consumer of their AER 48 ugrade kit.

Bottom line is, it works. Ziggy and all the guys at FC put in countless hours of R&D on these forks, and they are phennomenal.

Their setting is totally different than what KTM recommends, but it makes a world of a difference.

I rode the bone stock setup on my KTM 350/250 for over a year at the Pro/expert level. Having FC do the updates and changing the settings makes a world of a difference. No more sitting high in the stroke, no more harsh feel through breaking bumps, but still providing the great bottoming resistance.

Doing the bladder kit with this setup on the rear shock is also the way to go! FC has set up 4 different sets of this stuff for me now, and I couldn't be any more satisfied

My settings: 5'9" 160lbs Pro/Expert Rider

Forks: 142psi, 22 comp, 17 rebound
Shock: Stock 4.2 spring. High speed 1.5 turns, low speed 12 turns, rebound 15

My previous setting on the bone stock stuff was
Forks: 156psi, 15 and 15
Shock: 2 and 1/4 turn, 15 low speed and 12 reb
opyguy
2/11/2018 10:27am
Yeah so I know next to nothing about suspension but have been a long time FC customer and a consumer of their AER 48 ugrade kit...
Yeah so I know next to nothing about suspension but have been a long time FC customer and a consumer of their AER 48 ugrade kit.

Bottom line is, it works. Ziggy and all the guys at FC put in countless hours of R&D on these forks, and they are phennomenal.

Their setting is totally different than what KTM recommends, but it makes a world of a difference.

I rode the bone stock setup on my KTM 350/250 for over a year at the Pro/expert level. Having FC do the updates and changing the settings makes a world of a difference. No more sitting high in the stroke, no more harsh feel through breaking bumps, but still providing the great bottoming resistance.

Doing the bladder kit with this setup on the rear shock is also the way to go! FC has set up 4 different sets of this stuff for me now, and I couldn't be any more satisfied

this is good to hear, shipped mine out last tuesday for same work. Im a shitty vet rider but i had a weird "vague" front end feeling, hoping this does the trick. For what its worth they reworked my 13 350sxf cc forks and they were indeed magic afterwards.
aedwards07
2/12/2018 11:54am
Yeah so I know next to nothing about suspension but have been a long time FC customer and a consumer of their AER 48 ugrade kit...

Do you know what is included in the performance kit? I keep seeing them mention it and that people need to buy it BUT they do not say what it actually is.
mikejones202
Fantasy
3184th
2/12/2018 12:38pm
I just picked mine up last week and waiting for winter weather to break so I can test em out. I know for myself I was able to get the fork good but not great and I couldn't get the shock to work that great for me as well. I will provide an update once I am able to ride it. I will say this was the biggest factory connection bill I ever received....
Superdave19
2/12/2018 1:01pm
I just picked mine up last week and waiting for winter weather to break so I can test em out. I know for myself I was...
I just picked mine up last week and waiting for winter weather to break so I can test em out. I know for myself I was able to get the fork good but not great and I couldn't get the shock to work that great for me as well. I will provide an update once I am able to ride it. I will say this was the biggest factory connection bill I ever received....
What'd you have done? Spring Conversion, or just the AER Upgrade?
mikejones202
Fantasy
3184th
2/12/2018 1:20pm
I just picked mine up last week and waiting for winter weather to break so I can test em out. I know for myself I was...
What'd you have done? Spring Conversion, or just the AER Upgrade?
I did the AER Upgrade, Upgrade to the 2018 Parts (I have a 2017 KTM 350 SXF), Bladder Kit, and I also needed a spring. With that being said, I have used a total of 3 different suspension companies and FC always seems to be spot on with my stuff and their customer service is great.
Superdave19
2/12/2018 2:25pm
I did the AER Upgrade, Upgrade to the 2018 Parts (I have a 2017 KTM 350 SXF), Bladder Kit, and I also needed a spring. With...
I did the AER Upgrade, Upgrade to the 2018 Parts (I have a 2017 KTM 350 SXF), Bladder Kit, and I also needed a spring. With that being said, I have used a total of 3 different suspension companies and FC always seems to be spot on with my stuff and their customer service is great.
That's exactly what I need to have done. Do you mind sharing what your total was? You can PM me if you prefer-
Braaaphole
6/25/2018 1:14pm
Any updates from people who have had the FC Performance update done on their forks? I'm considering having this done or send them to Powerband.
Superdave19
6/25/2018 1:34pm
Ok I 've been meaning to update- I have a good 10-12 hrs on mine.

It is better, but still a bit soft.
It does feel a bit more progressive, and bottoming resistance is also a bit better. Not sure if it's as good as the AER forks can get or not.

FYI, it is expensive tho- Ain't gonna be cheap.
katoom350
6/25/2018 9:25pm
I’ve got mine done. Performance kit it in the forks and bladder conversion in the rear. 5’10” 180lbs. I believe it’s a 46 spring in the rear. I really like my setup. Have been messing around with the sag a bit as they recommend 110mm. I had them set it up for WORCS type racing. I can Moto as well as off-road with it just fine. MUCH improved over stock.
fluxracing223
7/20/2018 4:21pm
Ok I 've been meaning to update- I have a good 10-12 hrs on mine. It is better, but still a bit soft. It does feel...

It does feel a bit more progressive, and bottoming resistance is also a bit better. Not sure if it's as good as the AER forks can get or not.

Do you mind sharing what you paid? Looking between the upgrade, spring conversion, or CV’s.
mx317
8/3/2018 3:28am
Ok I 've been meaning to update- I have a good 10-12 hrs on mine. It is better, but still a bit soft. It does feel...

What oil level did they put in yours? I just got mine done and haven't ridden with them yet, but noticed they went from stock 200cc to 275cc.
chrislauro134
8/3/2018 5:35am
mx317 wrote:
What oil level did they put in yours? I just got mine done and haven't ridden with them yet, but noticed they went from stock 200cc...
What oil level did they put in yours? I just got mine done and haven't ridden with them yet, but noticed they went from stock 200cc to 275cc.
When I got mine done they put the oil level to 270cc as well. I believe they do that for everyone and recommend a clicker setting of 6 out on the compression and 20 out on the rebound. Ultimately, the extra oil and different mid-valve they use allows the fork to be run using much less air pressure than what is recommended from the factory, causing it to ride in more of the stroke similar to a spring fork.
ama530
8/3/2018 6:47am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2018 6:50am
If you want your AER forks done go to Kreft Moto. They specialize and are the best at WP suspension. The other companies come up with these 'upgrade' kits that are always hush-hush for allot of $$$. I don't get it. It is like this big secret. This isn't rocket science. Do some reading, watch some videos, and you can do it yourself for a whole lot cheaper. And you also get to to learn how everything works and how to make changes. MX-Tech makes some good stuff for the DIY crowd.

I personally have done my own suspension. Upgraded the fork to the '18 components. Both damper and air side. Was less than $100 from RMA. Did the SDI bladder conversion and went up to a 4.6 spring on the shock. That worked out great also. 205# Senior A level Off-Road and MXer. Valving is actually pretty good but you need to play with the oil heights. I am at 150cc in each fork leg for eastern PA scrambles and trails. Comp all the way out, about 20 out on the rebound, and 139psi. Pretty much the same settings on the rear. This works great in the rocks and even when the pace gets up. This oil height allows the fork to drop into the midstroke without the harshness of the stock level. For mx I'll go to 200-220cc, 145 psi, 15 comp., & 12 rebound. It is a little on the soft side but I prefer it that way.
Solidkm
8/3/2018 9:28am
Heard good stuff about the mxt piston
TJMX947
8/3/2018 9:30am
Not to bag on FC but the price they quoted me was more expensive (staying with an air spring) than to do a coil spring conversion/revalve/respring with a reputable NC tuner by a couple hundred dollars. This was before the $100 shipping was figured in.

Would love to try FC, maybe on the next bike which should come with a coil springs from the factory.
MotoMatt_928
8/3/2018 9:53am
I love the MX-Tech Lucky system in my AER48's. I had previously ran their AER48-R and liked that as well, just wanted to go back to a spring setup.
Solidkm
8/3/2018 10:12am
I love the MX-Tech Lucky system in my AER48's. I had previously ran their AER48-R and liked that as well, just wanted to go back to...
I love the MX-Tech Lucky system in my AER48's. I had previously ran their AER48-R and liked that as well, just wanted to go back to a spring setup.
Ya but your lucky system is no longer AER. the only thing you got AER now are you fork tubes.

Just got the lucky in my 15s 4cs. Haven’t ridden it yet tho. Glad to hear you like it.
MotoMatt_928
8/3/2018 9:25pm
I love the MX-Tech Lucky system in my AER48's. I had previously ran their AER48-R and liked that as well, just wanted to go back to...
Solidkm wrote:
Ya but your lucky system is no longer AER. the only thing you got AER now are you fork tubes. Just got the lucky in my...
Ya but your lucky system is no longer AER. the only thing you got AER now are you fork tubes.

Just got the lucky in my 15s 4cs. Haven’t ridden it yet tho. Glad to hear you like it.
That is correct. And I wouldn't go back!! Cool

Post a reply to: Factory connection Aer 48

The Latest