Feld and Monster Energy Supercross Announce 2019 Western Power Sports Partnership

twotwosix
https://www.vitalmx.com/news/press-release/Feld-Entertainment-and-Monst…

BOISE, ID, (February 8, 2018) -Feld Entertainment announces a new long-term partnership deal with Western Power Sports and Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship. Starting in 2019,Western Power Sports (WPS) will become the official and exclusive Power Sports Parts and Accessories Distributor for Monster Energy Supercross, the most competitive and highest-profile motorcycle racing championship in the world.

The FLY Racing brand will also become the official and exclusive gear sponsor, including helmet, gloves, jersey, pants and boots. "WPS/FLY Racing is honored to announce our long-term partnership with Monster Energy Supercross and Feld Entertainment. Our goal at WPS is to always provide the highest quality service to our dealers and the very best products to their customers. WPS has a passion for the power sport industry, and this is another way to show our long-term commitment to the growth of the sport. Teaming up with Monster Energy Supercross is a proud day in our company's history," said Western Power Sports President and CEO, Craig Shoemaker.

As part of the long-term agreement, Western Power Sports will provide significant experiential marketing activations within the weekly Pit Party at each event for the thousands of fans to enjoy fully-immersive experiences. WPS will also host and engage their robust dealer network each week. "There is a vision for the long-term health and growth of Monster Energy Supercross that we share with Western Power Sports. That like-minded thinking, coupled with the entire organization's passion for the sport, made them an ideal long-term partner that all of us at Feld entertainment are pleased to welcome," said Jason Bitsoff, Senior Vice President of Global Partnerships for Feld Entertainment.
|
twotwosix
2/8/2018 1:39pm
Parts Unlimited has held that spot for many years. Seems like quite a power move for WPS.
kkawboy14
2/8/2018 1:40pm
Is it me or is Thor and the other big power slowing things way down for themselves?
FiendzCC
2/8/2018 1:45pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Is it me or is Thor and the other big power slowing things way down for themselves?
You're not imagining things. The industry is shifting in a lot of ways right now.
akillerwombat
2/8/2018 1:54pm
Sounds like it'll set Feld to sell more tickets, WPS to sell more bikes, and the riders will get.... what?

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/8/2018 2:00pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2018 2:00pm
Sounds like it'll set Feld to sell more tickets, WPS to sell more bikes, and the riders will get.... what?
WPS doesn't sell bikes and the riders will get the same thing they are getting now...not much!
2/8/2018 2:17pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Definitely isn't you. The past year alone Thor has lost Anderson and Villopoto, and obviously a few years ago lost the PC team. I guess they just aren't willing to spend the money they used to?
twotwosix
2/8/2018 2:18pm
Moving from one title sponsor to another won't really do much to sell more tickets and WPS distributes powersports products to dealers, they don't make bikes.
akillerwombat
2/8/2018 2:28pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
WPS doesn't sell bikes and the riders will get the same thing they are getting now...not much!
I know – should have said parts, gear, accessories, etc but I chose to just lump it all together – but what amazes me the most is how big of an opportunity all these revolving sponsors (as well as Feld) miss out on when doing these deals.

I highly doubt that WPS stepped in to pay less than what the previous deal was that they took over and if they (and Feld) were smart they would announce that a small portion of this new deal will be set aside to increase purse money.
mauidex
2/8/2018 4:51pm
I know – should have said parts, gear, accessories, etc but I chose to just lump it all together – but what amazes me the most...
I know – should have said parts, gear, accessories, etc but I chose to just lump it all together – but what amazes me the most is how big of an opportunity all these revolving sponsors (as well as Feld) miss out on when doing these deals.

I highly doubt that WPS stepped in to pay less than what the previous deal was that they took over and if they (and Feld) were smart they would announce that a small portion of this new deal will be set aside to increase purse money.
not necessarily so...........very few potential "distributor" clients, and just a few more gear ones.........very likely Feld took what they could get as aftermarket industry is not exactly setting the world on fire these days

good idea but Feld isn't going to take their sponsor money to increase purses..............WPS/FLY could have cut that into the deal maybe?? but why pay guys not wearing your stuff??
kkawboy14
2/8/2018 5:08pm
This sponsorship does just about nothing for the company paying the money, it may give them better parking and entertainment opportunities to their own dealers at the events.
Spooner
2/8/2018 5:27pm
The money saved will be used in more grass roots type of promotions.

Post a reply to: Feld and Monster Energy Supercross Announce 2019 Western Power Sports Partnership

The Latest