Feld may finally have to pay the racers

aroark247
Edited Date/Time 2/5/2019 4:35pm
Lawsuit anyone? The VBT is flooded with new Esquires so let's get this rolling.
|
aroark247
2/4/2019 2:24pm
I’m referring to riders being physically harmed by chemicals put into the track
OldYZRider1
2/4/2019 2:25pm Edited Date/Time 2/4/2019 2:30pm
Well Feld owns Monster Jam and many of the teams (trucks) and it seems to be very profitable for them. I fear SX is on a path such that they may end up like MJ; less about the racing and more about the show.

Edit: missed your response enketchum. Apparently we're both thinking along the same lines.
dirtnut98
2/4/2019 2:48pm
I tried reaching out to Feld on how to do this the right way and no reply back . There are many things to use that are safe . I am an ex major league grounds keeper an we used a lot of products to dry athletic fields safely without causing harm to the athletes .

The Shop

enketchum
2/4/2019 2:49pm
Well Feld owns Monster Jam and many of the teams (trucks) and it seems to be very profitable for them. I fear SX is on a...
Well Feld owns Monster Jam and many of the teams (trucks) and it seems to be very profitable for them. I fear SX is on a path such that they may end up like MJ; less about the racing and more about the show.

Edit: missed your response enketchum. Apparently we're both thinking along the same lines.
One of my best threads was about this topic. People just dismissed it but I can imagine Feld looking at this option. Everyone could ride the same bike, then...

I can't find it
2/4/2019 2:58pm
Well Feld owns Monster Jam and many of the teams (trucks) and it seems to be very profitable for them. I fear SX is on a...

If Feld ever owns SX like they do Monster Jam it’s going to be a sad day in the dirtbike world. Monster Jam is a joke anymore. I’ve seen it first hand many times now
smrscott
2/4/2019 3:16pm Edited Date/Time 2/4/2019 3:19pm
IF the riders wanted to Stand Their Ground and get some sort of retribution for the "Lime Gate" in SD, If all of racers Boycotted the next race unless Field agreed to pay for doctor visits, suffering and destroyed motorcycles because of the dirt issues, Then something might happen.

That would really open the eyes of just how much power the riders and teams COULD have over supercross if they actually banned together against Field. With no riders, there is no show. Teams and riders actually have to pay Field so they can turn around and charge spectators to watch the race. It should be a balance but it's not. If there was a boycott then Feld would have to refund all of the ticket sales and all hell would break out. I just think teams an riders have too much invested to take that sort of stance and Feld knows it.

Feld need to be the bigger person and MAKE GOOD of what happened last Saturday - or the riders and teams need to stand up and ban together to show their potential power.

Just saying
gabrielito
2/4/2019 3:45pm
smrscott wrote:
IF the riders wanted to Stand Their Ground and get some sort of retribution for the "Lime Gate" in SD, If all of racers Boycotted the...
IF the riders wanted to Stand Their Ground and get some sort of retribution for the "Lime Gate" in SD, If all of racers Boycotted the next race unless Field agreed to pay for doctor visits, suffering and destroyed motorcycles because of the dirt issues, Then something might happen.

That would really open the eyes of just how much power the riders and teams COULD have over supercross if they actually banned together against Field. With no riders, there is no show. Teams and riders actually have to pay Field so they can turn around and charge spectators to watch the race. It should be a balance but it's not. If there was a boycott then Feld would have to refund all of the ticket sales and all hell would break out. I just think teams an riders have too much invested to take that sort of stance and Feld knows it.

Feld need to be the bigger person and MAKE GOOD of what happened last Saturday - or the riders and teams need to stand up and ban together to show their potential power.

Just saying
It's crazy how much power and leverage they have that they don't use because no one is willing to stick their neck out an inch. It's only like 20 or so guys you need onboard to make huge changes and nobody has even tried. It's pathetic really.
NITRODOG
Fantasy
1338th
2/4/2019 4:42pm
They might want to get out in front of it....but it's almost too late for that. The Airlines learned that lesson years ago...way cheaper in the long run...
Sierra Ranger
2/4/2019 4:55pm
This is really pissing me off. It's always been completely obvious that Feld does not give a crap about the riders. I am tired of seeing young men already facing incredible odds being treated like nothing more than cattle.
If this is the straw on the camel's back to start a rider's union- OF COURSE they should file a lawsuit if somebody doesn't pay damages. Nobody likes getting lawyers involved but they can't get away with just screwing everybody like this.
How is Trey's track safety organization doing these days? Didn't seem to get a lot of traction.
NITRODOG
Fantasy
1338th
2/4/2019 4:55pm
peltier626 wrote:
Integrity>feld
I know they ran the circus...but wait until one of the KTM kids' Mama Bear gets ahold of them.....
Steve 396
2/4/2019 5:11pm
Ok, what did I miss? Looked here and the dungeon. What happened at the SD round? I watched the race, so it was a mud race. What's the big deal?
peltier626
2/4/2019 5:11pm
peltier626 wrote:
Integrity>feld
NITRODOG wrote:
I know they ran the circus...but wait until one of the KTM kids' Mama Bear gets ahold of them.....
They ran the circus alright, right out of business.
Jrewing
2/4/2019 5:13pm

Being saying it for ages that a fucking circus promoter owns the rights to a world championship.

Slightly off topic but it was gay me when Emig on the whisky throttle show referred to his championship as the Monster Sx title...
gabrielito
2/4/2019 5:14pm Edited Date/Time 2/4/2019 5:16pm
Steve 396 wrote:
Ok, what did I miss? Looked here and the dungeon. What happened at the SD round? I watched the race, so it was a mud race...
Ok, what did I miss? Looked here and the dungeon. What happened at the SD round? I watched the race, so it was a mud race. What's the big deal?
The riders caught small pox from the lime in the dirt.
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
2/4/2019 5:29pm
Steve 396 wrote:
Ok, what did I miss? Looked here and the dungeon. What happened at the SD round? I watched the race, so it was a mud race...
gabrielito wrote:
You sure it wasnt measles?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/4/2019 5:30pm
dirtnut98 wrote:
I tried reaching out to Feld on how to do this the right way and no reply back . There are many things to use that...
I tried reaching out to Feld on how to do this the right way and no reply back . There are many things to use that are safe . I am an ex major league grounds keeper an we used a lot of products to dry athletic fields safely without causing harm to the athletes .
I would expect to hear something from them on this tomorrow.
Steve 396
2/4/2019 5:32pm
Steve 396 wrote:
gabrielito wrote:
I just found the "lime" thread. Got to read the last 8 pages now.

BTW, the pics on the first page look horrible. Heath Harrison is somewhat local and we used to see him at local races when he wasn't out at the bigger races. Super nice and approachable dude. Tough for factory teams but 10x worse for the privateers. ...
OldYZRider1
2/4/2019 5:38pm
Of course if there wasn’t the rain then there wouldn’t have been the chemical burns? So maybe Feld just drops the open stadium rounds to avoid future problems and liability.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
2/4/2019 5:43pm
Of course if there wasn’t the rain then there wouldn’t have been the chemical burns? So maybe Feld just drops the open stadium rounds to avoid...
Of course if there wasn’t the rain then there wouldn’t have been the chemical burns? So maybe Feld just drops the open stadium rounds to avoid future problems and liability.
That would mean no races in California. That's ~150,000 ticket buyers they'll need to replace, to get out of a state where it rarely rains. Good luck.

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/4/2019 5:47pm
RichieW13 wrote:
That would mean no races in California. That's ~150,000 ticket buyers they'll need to replace, to get out of a state where it rarely rains. Good...
That would mean no races in California. That's ~150,000 ticket buyers they'll need to replace, to get out of a state where it rarely rains. Good luck.

Maybe until the new Rams Stadium is done.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
2/4/2019 5:52pm Edited Date/Time 2/4/2019 5:56pm
RichieW13 wrote:
That would mean no races in California. That's ~150,000 ticket buyers they'll need to replace, to get out of a state where it rarely rains. Good...

GuyB wrote:
Maybe until the new Rams Stadium is done.
There are 10 outdoor rounds this year. If SX chooses to move from Anaheim to Rams stadium for one or both rounds, that would turn SX into 8 outdoor rounds.

And if SX moves from Sam Boyd to the new Raiders stadium (I think that one will have a roof), we can get down to 7 outdoor rounds.

How often is the weather really an issue for these outdoor rounds anyway? Maybe once per year on average?

Other currently unused domed stadiums this year:
St Louis
Tampa
New Orleans
San Antonio
Syracuse
Montreal
Toronto
Milwaukee
Seattle (Safeco field)
Miami

I think everything else is under 35,000 capacity.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/4/2019 6:00pm
RichieW13 wrote:
There are 10 outdoor rounds this year. If SX chooses to move from Anaheim to Rams stadium for one or both rounds, that would turn SX...
There are 10 outdoor rounds this year. If SX chooses to move from Anaheim to Rams stadium for one or both rounds, that would turn SX into 8 outdoor rounds.

And if SX moves from Sam Boyd to the new Raiders stadium (I think that one will have a roof), we can get down to 7 outdoor rounds.

How often is the weather really an issue for these outdoor rounds anyway? Maybe once per year on average?

Other currently unused domed stadiums this year:
St Louis
Tampa
New Orleans
San Antonio
Syracuse
Montreal
Toronto
Milwaukee
Seattle (Safeco field)
Miami

I think everything else is under 35,000 capacity.
Tampa is an open stadium...or at least it was when we were there, last year. Wink

Seattle's almost always an issue. My guess is that with where it falls during the season, it's too close to baseball to use Safeco.

Post a reply to: Feld may finally have to pay the racers

The Latest