Feld

Thor34103
Edited Date/Time 3/20/2020 10:11am
|
EngIceDave
3/20/2020 10:17am
Now they can file for unemployment and get off the payroll while Feld is bleeding money
3/20/2020 10:18am
Ughhh.... You know that wasn't an easy move to make.

Actually, the scary part is from a business standpoint it probably WAS an easy move to make. On the people side, of course it is hard.
500guy
3/20/2020 10:26am
Actually, the scary part is from a business standpoint it probably WAS an easy move to make. On the people side, of course it is hard.
No it's not an easy choice, watching your business go to shit and sending people home is not taken lightly.

Like Dave said, they can go apply for unemployment hopefully have enough to get through and the company survives to rehire them.

The Shop

lukaitis9
3/20/2020 11:05am
Here are some details for Florida -
http://www.floridajobs.org/docs/default-source/ra-dua-documentation/dua-faqs-3-17-20-updates.pdf?sfvrsn=805543b0_4

Previously to file you would need to prove that you are ready, willing, able and actively seeking employment. Many states are suspending that responsibility temporarily. In NJ they are also providing temporary, partial unemployment if you are still working but have reduced hours.

Everyone should check with the website in your state regarding employment and not go by what they heard on social media or listening to some talk show.

Relax and get the facts, then make a plan on how you'll get through this.
hamncheeze
3/20/2020 11:16am
Man there are going to be some tough times all across this continent. Stay calm moto bros, keep your distances, and ride this out as best you can.
Adam43
3/20/2020 11:16am
This is the only choice to keep the company solvent and able to stage events in 2021 and beyond.
Sideways
3/20/2020 11:32am
hamncheeze wrote:
Man there are going to be some tough times all across this continent. Stay calm moto bros, keep your distances, and ride this out as best...
Man there are going to be some tough times all across this continent. Stay calm moto bros, keep your distances, and ride this out as best you can.
All across the world. Same things are happening in sweden. Volvo are letting go of 20.000 employees today.

This is crazy and not sure how i feel about all this. One side of me thinks this quarantinen is bull shit, this is not worse than the flu.

Another part of me thinks this might be necessary.
EngIceDave
3/20/2020 11:35am
Why would any Nation's leader tank their economy and citizens if not necessary?
EngIceDave
3/20/2020 12:20pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2020 12:20pm
PALMETTO, Fla. (WWSB ) - Feld Entertainment has shut down all of their tours and is laying off staff across the company.

In an email sent companywide Friday morning, company officials said due to "unprecedented and widespread government-mandated closures of public gatherings," they've been forced to shut down all of their tours.

Feld says they hope to resume operations, but they have no idea when that could be so officials made the "difficult decisions to reduce the size of our workforce through companywide layoffs."

At this point, it’s unclear how many people lost their jobs. Officials said affected employees would be contacted by their supervisor.

Feld Entertainment’s current productions are Monster Jam, Monster Energy AMA Supercross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live, Marvel Universe Live, Sesame Street Live, The Trolls Experience, and Jurassic World Live Tour.
C.Worthy
3/20/2020 12:36pm
That’s horrible for anyone involved. This is going to be rough for people. In CA unemployment is maxed out at $450 a week if you made enough to qualify for that amount. It can be a lot lower if you are minimum wage with no OT. You are only allotted a certain amount of money so when that amount runs out you have no more unemployment. Again, dependent on how much you made. Unemployment is also taxable.

I hope anyone who lost their jobs can land back on their feet during these crazy times. And I hope any of you that are still working are able to continue on to provide for your families!
3/20/2020 12:37pm
Doing the lay-off so we can get our money back for the canceled races haha. Anybody else still waiting for a refund?
gt80rider
3/21/2020 6:58am
Adam43 wrote:
This is the only choice to keep the company solvent and able to stage events in 2021 and beyond.
After decades of profits, why is this the "only" way?
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
3/21/2020 7:48am
It is just awful... I guess we all are in for a hell of a ride (even without bike)
Jardo
Fantasy
2053rd
3/21/2020 8:07am
"Sources tell FOX 13 nearly 90 percent of their staff was laid off. Many were entertainers."

That tells me that they laid off a bunch of ice skaters.
MOTO1313
3/21/2020 8:18am
Basically less than a month into this and Feld lays off 90% of its employees? NINETY friggin percent? What a horseshit company. Fuck Feld.
Motoxdoc
3/21/2020 8:38am
You don’t need to fuck Feld as they already have been....You might as well say fuck all the teams and their racers too. How about fuck all the mom and pop hop-up shops for laying off their employees?Dry ...can we say fuck everyone that can’t pay their bills while they’re out of work?...or maybe they’re just doing what they can to survive to work another day.
MOTO1313
3/21/2020 8:59am
FE had over $1B in revue last year alone. And they dump 90% of their employees. Real family entertainment company.
Hank_Thrill
3/21/2020 9:09am
I have a friend who skated for Disney on Ice. She and all her other fellow skaters found out the news from the press. Not one notification by email or any of her higher ups. Sad deal.
3/21/2020 9:46am
MOTO1313 wrote:
Basically less than a month into this and Feld lays off 90% of its employees? NINETY friggin percent? What a horseshit company. Fuck Feld.
You're kidding right? Take a look around and see how many companies are laying off people due to the economic death spriral we're in. It's called survival...or at least attempting to survive.
Motoxdoc
3/21/2020 10:04am
How angry will some of you be when you find out Feld laid off 90% of their staff....but Ralph Sheehan wasn’t one of them?!Laughing
MOTO1313
3/21/2020 10:15am Edited Date/Time 3/21/2020 10:16am
MOTO1313 wrote:
You're kidding right? Take a look around and see how many companies are laying off people due to the economic death spriral we're in. It's called...
You're kidding right? Take a look around and see how many companies are laying off people due to the economic death spriral we're in. It's called survival...or at least attempting to survive.
I guess. Businesses that rely on large groups to survive are basically in huge trouble. But a multi-billion dollar company you'd think would treat their employees a bit better than this.
TPforsale
3/21/2020 10:38am
MOTO1313 wrote:
You're kidding right? Take a look around and see how many companies are laying off people due to the economic death spriral we're in. It's called...
MOTO1313 wrote:
I guess. Businesses that rely on large groups to survive are basically in huge trouble. But a multi-billion dollar company you'd think would treat their employees...
I guess. Businesses that rely on large groups to survive are basically in huge trouble. But a multi-billion dollar company you'd think would treat their employees a bit better than this.
Unless you see their books you have no idea what they can or can’t afford to do
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
3/21/2020 10:41am
MOTO1313 wrote:
Are you just stupid or do you have a mental disability of some sort ? No money coming in means no money to go out. When they can start putting on races and shows again then they will bring back employees and this way the laid off employees can get unemployment so they have some cash flow until things start getting back to normal.
MOTO1313
3/21/2020 11:30am
MOTO1313 wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
Are you just stupid or do you have a mental disability of some sort ? No money coming in means no money to go out. When...
Are you just stupid or do you have a mental disability of some sort ? No money coming in means no money to go out. When they can start putting on races and shows again then they will bring back employees and this way the laid off employees can get unemployment so they have some cash flow until things start getting back to normal.
I'm a CPA dude. So, people better hope I don't have a mental disability. My point was... it was REAL fast to dump 90% of its employees for a company as big as FELD and some (most) employees didn't even know they were let go from FELD until they found out third hand. FELD is a shit company for doing what and how they did it. Get it genius??? Now...I'm just throwing out a word...it means nothing to anyone except one person. FUCKTARD.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/21/2020 11:37am
Motoxdoc wrote:
How angry will some of you be when you find out Feld laid off 90% of their staff....but Ralph Sheehan wasn’t one of them?!Laughing
Ralph doesn't work for Feld.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
3/21/2020 12:05pm
MOTO1313 wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
Are you just stupid or do you have a mental disability of some sort ? No money coming in means no money to go out. When...
MOTO1313 wrote:
I'm a CPA dude. So, people better hope I don't have a mental disability. My point was... it was REAL fast to dump 90% of its...
I'm a CPA dude. So, people better hope I don't have a mental disability. My point was... it was REAL fast to dump 90% of its employees for a company as big as FELD and some (most) employees didn't even know they were let go from FELD until they found out third hand. FELD is a shit company for doing what and how they did it. Get it genius??? Now...I'm just throwing out a word...it means nothing to anyone except one person. FUCKTARD.
Then you must just be stupid. Believe me Feld has their own accounting departments and they are a hell of a lot smarter than you and they make business decisions based on the market and what is going on right now and not on emotions. Feld will be back and so will their employees buy you unfortunately will still be just plain stupid, and no Feld is not a"shit" company like you want to believe.
MOTO1313
3/21/2020 12:36pm
lostboy819 wrote:
MOTO1313 wrote:
I'm a CPA dude. So, people better hope I don't have a mental disability. My point was... it was REAL fast to dump 90% of its...
lostboy819 wrote:
Then you must just be stupid. Believe me Feld has their own accounting departments and they are a hell of a lot smarter than you and...
Then you must just be stupid. Believe me Feld has their own accounting departments and they are a hell of a lot smarter than you and they make business decisions based on the market and what is going on right now and not on emotions. Feld will be back and so will their employees buy you unfortunately will still be just plain stupid, and no Feld is not a"shit" company like you want to believe.
Lol...you must be a financial fucking genius. You better learn what reading comprehension means lostgirl.
3/22/2020 12:37am
MOTO1313 wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
MOTO1313 wrote:
I am a CPA and do has a mental disability/illness. It’s possible. However, I am a very good accountant and I agree with your post. Unfortunately, my opinion is that Feld still functions as they did back in the Circus/Carny days, where labor wasn’t valued and Feld was all about the shareholders (themselves). You would think that Feld would have the financial means to hold on a little longer. They better not expect a taxpayer bailout.
Ray_MXS
3/22/2020 1:30am
Sideways wrote:
All across the world. Same things are happening in sweden. Volvo are letting go of 20.000 employees today. This is crazy and not sure how i...
All across the world. Same things are happening in sweden. Volvo are letting go of 20.000 employees today.

This is crazy and not sure how i feel about all this. One side of me thinks this quarantinen is bull shit, this is not worse than the flu.

Another part of me thinks this might be necessary.
Volvo did not let 20 000 people go. Stop spreading misinformation

Post a reply to: Feld

The Latest