Ferrandis thread

dkg
1/18/2020 11:14pm
How does one t-bone in a 90 degree corner going the same direction as the other rider? You mean v-bone? He was never going to make...
How does one t-bone in a 90 degree corner going the same direction as the other rider? You mean v-bone? He was never going to make the pass there. Bad judgement for sure. We've all done it. That's what makes it a racing incident. I doubt he planned on taking them both out to make the pass.
dkg wrote:
Yeah v-bone is a better description. It wasn’t a 90 degree impact. Probably something in the area of 45 degrees. I guess I hold the pros...
Yeah v-bone is a better description. It wasn’t a 90 degree impact. Probably something in the area of 45 degrees. I guess I hold the pros to a higher level of judgment. Difficult to reconcile this one and the black flagging of Reed. But then many of the AMA decisions are difficult to reconcile.
Fractions of a second regardless of the ability level. Once you decide to commit there's no going back.
Agreed. Its the decision to commit that I am questioning. Here's some screen captures to add to the discussion. At the very least it was an incredibly unwise decision by Ferrandis:

jemcee
1/18/2020 11:19pm
dkg wrote:
Agreed. Its the decision to commit that I am questioning. Here's some screen captures to add to the discussion. At the very least it was an...
Agreed. Its the decision to commit that I am questioning. Here's some screen captures to add to the discussion. At the very least it was an incredibly unwise decision by Ferrandis:

I don't think you'll find anyone saying it was a wise move haha
1/18/2020 11:21pm
Agree it was a very bad move... but if it was an American rider that did the punting there wouldn’t be half the crying going on in here.
Also the social media bashing isn’t cool.
1/18/2020 11:21pm
If Osborne on Savagty and many times Reed on Stewart is a "fair bump" this passes as one aswell.

The Shop

Racer111
1/18/2020 11:22pm
you’re all fucking pussies - racing incident move on
PRETTY sure I saw Tomac pass Roczen without touching anything. The true professionals can pass without making contact.
aeffertz
1/18/2020 11:23pm
Oh god, do not go look at his Instagram comments. Yikes.

Way too many “go back to where you came from” comments. People need to relax. weirdos.
Scott_Bate
1/18/2020 11:24pm
Dylan was riding awesome tonight he was definitely the fastest guy on the track he rides with great passion and keeps the racing interesting #TeamFerrandis ✊
1/18/2020 11:25pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2020 11:28pm
dkg wrote:
Yeah v-bone is a better description. It wasn’t a 90 degree impact. Probably something in the area of 45 degrees. I guess I hold the pros...
Yeah v-bone is a better description. It wasn’t a 90 degree impact. Probably something in the area of 45 degrees. I guess I hold the pros to a higher level of judgment. Difficult to reconcile this one and the black flagging of Reed. But then many of the AMA decisions are difficult to reconcile.
Fractions of a second regardless of the ability level. Once you decide to commit there's no going back.
dkg wrote:
Agreed. Its the decision to commit that I am questioning. Here's some screen captures to add to the discussion. At the very least it was an...

I was waiting for a move but not there. It was an irregular place to try an undercut. But hell. He did it to Jett in another 90 corner later on and Jett didn't back out either and Jett almost took them both out. It's fine margins at that speed.

These dudes need to learn that you protect the inside through a 90 with heat on your ass.
1/18/2020 11:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2020 11:30pm
Racer111 wrote:
PRETTY sure I saw Tomac pass Roczen without touching anything. The true professionals can pass without making contact.
Tell that to Stew and Reed. Or do you not consider them professionals? Honest question based on your logic.

It's easy to pass someone when your over a second a lap faster while doing it.
Fourth_Floor
1/18/2020 11:30pm
Racer111 wrote:
You must've missed Tomac hitting into Malcolm last week....
B Gotti
Fantasy
4184th
1/18/2020 11:30pm
Craig Definently owes him at least one. He will get him no doubt about it.
hamncheeze
1/18/2020 11:38pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2020 11:39pm
Can anyone at the race confirm the red tuff block was positioned like that all night long? It looks to me from the overhead stills here that it's pushed out into the track some. Not sure if Craig had a slightly different trajectory? Doesn't mean Dylan was not going for a VERY aggressive pass (he was), but maybe Craig was off the line DF was expecting? Who knows, as someone else said, it's split-second decision making with tight margins. Shit goes wrong sometimes.

And IIRC Baby Jesus Christian Craig put Amart out of the series that year in Detroit in PRACTICE. It's OK, I'm sure CC will get a 60 minute interview on SwapmotoLive this week so he can say how it's a shame but maybe next year he can put it together for the title. Dry
Nighttrain
1/18/2020 11:40pm
If Osborne on Savagty and many times Reed on Stewart is a "fair bump" this passes as one aswell.
Osborne punted Savatgy for the title in Vegas and permanently changed the trajectory of two careers. Those are facts.

Ferrandis overjumped and took out Craig plus himself in a turn at A2. Ferrandis recovered to then pass Aussie wonderboy Jett Lawrence who subsequently wads up with a collarbone cracked. Ferrandis was the fastest 250 rider by far margin and won. Next week is Glendale.
B Gotti
Fantasy
4184th
In my opinion, I consider it dirty if they both crash.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
B Gotti wrote:
No position to talk.

mx216
B Gotti wrote:
Cant hit what you cant catch unfortunately.
CPR
1/18/2020 11:42pm
dkg wrote:

I was waiting for a move but not there. It was an irregular place to try an undercut. But hell. He did it to Jett in...
I was waiting for a move but not there. It was an irregular place to try an undercut. But hell. He did it to Jett in another 90 corner later on and Jett didn't back out either and Jett almost took them both out. It's fine margins at that speed.

These dudes need to learn that you protect the inside through a 90 with heat on your ass.
Agreed.....what this sequence also shows is that both are in well worn lines that come together.
Poor split second decision by DF but also poor by CC to go wide and leave it open.
B Gotti
Fantasy
4184th
1/18/2020 11:42pm
B Gotti wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
No position to talk.
No position to talk.

I don't see Craig hitting the ground like 1w did. Big difference imo.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
1/18/2020 11:42pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2020 11:44pm
Can we atleast once have non-controversial 250 main in Anaheim?

idk if there is something in the water that causes it or the concentration of smackheads per square feet is causing it but as an euro i have to say that Ferrandis did an oopsie followed by big oof.

Also interesting point is seeing Auberson (fringe MX2 points scorer - mean really fringe back in the day) scoring top10. If MX2 lacks depth idk what it says about 250 SX. Cool
1/18/2020 11:43pm
aeffertz wrote:
Oh god, do not go look at his Instagram comments. Yikes. Way too many “go back to where you came from” comments. People need to relax...
Oh god, do not go look at his Instagram comments. Yikes.

Way too many “go back to where you came from” comments. People need to relax. weirdos.
He's probably sleeping in his American bed inside his American house bought with his American money after American taxes are taken out. More than could be said for many of them I'm sure.
mxpro252
1/18/2020 11:44pm
kongols wrote:
Awesome thread. For a bunch of tough guys you sure act like a bunch of pussies. If the roles was reversed, Craig would be all american...
Awesome thread. For a bunch of tough guys you sure act like a bunch of pussies.
If the roles was reversed, Craig would be all american hero.
Lol Vital is all about riding like a badass and being tough until it happens to one of the golden boys
You have an interesting definition of being a “badass”
mx216
1/18/2020 11:46pm
B Gotti wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
No position to talk.
No position to talk.

B Gotti wrote:
That was in a qualifying session, not even a race, just in case you are blind.....
Ray_MXS
1/18/2020 11:47pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
No position to talk.
No position to talk.

B Gotti wrote:
mx216 wrote:
That was in a qualifying session, not even a race, just in case you are blind.....
Which makes it.... way worse
B Gotti
Fantasy
4184th
1/18/2020 11:53pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
No position to talk.
No position to talk.

B Gotti wrote:
mx216 wrote:
Hey you guys are entitled to you option as well am I. Like the Jump Smokers said, don't be a douche bag.
mx216
1/18/2020 11:57pm
B Gotti wrote:
mx216 wrote:
B Gotti wrote:
Hey you guys are entitled to you option as well am I. Like the Jump Smokers said, don't be a douche bag.
No douche bag about it, guy cleaned out someone in practice, rolls away looking at the guy, and now when it happens to him he has to cry almost immediately on IG about cheap shots Unsure
block75
1/18/2020 11:58pm
B Gotti wrote:
mx216 wrote:
B Gotti wrote:
Also Craig is mid corner here, Ferrandis was past the end of the corner
Mr. Afterbar
1/19/2020 12:10am
ZI72 wrote:
Oh? So DF riding hard into the line, making wheel to wheel contact with a SLOWER rider...is now dirty...please if Elito did that he would a...
Oh? So DF riding hard into the line, making wheel to wheel contact with a SLOWER rider...is now dirty...please if Elito did that he would a savior...
Not true. Eli would never ride like that so we will never know.
Paul333
1/19/2020 12:15am
Carmichael doesn’t do these situations any favors being the T.V. commentator. He always condones dirty riding. As in 100% of time UNLESS a rider on his team is the victim. Otherwise it’s 100% fine.

Maybe because he rode like an ass? Getting away with it because nobody in charge had the balls to call him out?

Goon126
1/19/2020 12:20am
No way they could have penalized Ferrandis on this block pass. They have let several block passes equal to or more aggressive go in the past. Not saying I agree or disagree with the pass

Post a reply to: Ferrandis thread

The Latest