Ferrandis thread

JustMX
1/19/2020 6:00am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2020 6:56am
OK

I have slogged through 9 pages of the comments, and if there is anything about how track design contributed to this incident.

Excessive use of high-speed 90 degree turns is going to contribute to these kinds of passes and the bad endings that often accompany them. There are plenty of passes last night that could have had the same result but for split second differences or a more experienced reaction by the rider getting passed.

Look at the overhead shots on page 6.

And for those that argue that df should have been more patient, remember when Dungey sometimes struggled to make it through the field?

Df was doing what a champion does, especially one that has been struggling in the previous rounds and feels like another title is slipping away.

As far as his race for first with Jett lawerence, Jett was starting to ride really ragged and making a lot of mistakes. Df could have taken a lot more advantage of that then he did.
1/19/2020 6:04am
If it was last lap for a championship then fine. If it’s round 3 and 10 minutes left in the race then it’s to dirty. Interested to see if he keeps that kind of riding up when he moves to 450. Those guys will park him pretty quick.
1/19/2020 6:09am
Craig should have went up on the podium and punched him in the face. Something like this sure makes Yamaha look bad.

The Shop

MudPup545
1/19/2020 6:15am
If it was last lap for a championship then fine. If it’s round 3 and 10 minutes left in the race then it’s to dirty. Interested...
If it was last lap for a championship then fine. If it’s round 3 and 10 minutes left in the race then it’s to dirty. Interested to see if he keeps that kind of riding up when he moves to 450. Those guys will park him pretty quick.
Is someone taking out another rider in qualifying too dirty as well?

https://youtu.be/jI4niXMRD2w
DPW
1/19/2020 6:19am
WFO
1/19/2020 6:22am
Back in the day a move like this just reinforced the fact that Craig owed Ferrandis a Pay-back and everyone knew it was coming. It seems only fair that if Craig does pay-back Ferrandis that the AMA only treats Craig the same, especially if Ferrandis ends up losing the Championship. The AMA has never been consistent and they can rest assured that You Reap what you Sow!
1/19/2020 6:31am
Is no one going to talk about how he came over on Lawrence mid jump face? To me Craig fucked himself by going for it in...
Is no one going to talk about how he came over on Lawrence mid jump face? To me Craig fucked himself by going for it in the outside and not checking up. What made Dylan dirty tonight was the move he tried to make on Lawrence. That shit was dangerous.
He gave Jett the option. Slow down or hit me... while also giving him enough room to still jump. What more do you want? The whole go outside to triple or go inside roll double scenario is as old as time. Jett's poor racecraft left the door open. You go inside of every 90 degree corner if someone is behind you and defend if you want to protect your position. This is one of the few motorsports where going wide in a 90 is even considered a " racing line."
NvHermit
Fantasy
4198th
1/19/2020 6:38am
It sucks the good guys with the white hats had a hard night, but that's racing and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

davistld01
1/19/2020 6:52am
Fonzarelli wrote:
It's all about who it is. If Webb did this to Musquin you'd all be voting him Man of the Year.
Pretty sure Webb DID do something similar to Marvin last year and everyone was fine with it.

https://youtu.be/T32K8zmldnU
That back & forth between Webb & Musquin was in no way similar to Dylan’s hit on Christian last night. I’m just happy Craig wasn’t hurt because of the torpedo job Ferrandis did on him. As a fan who’s seen far worse in 80’s & 90’s racing though...this incident, although absolutely dirty, pales in comparison to lots of what’s gone on in the decades past.

It’s over, no fatalities...Ferrandis pays a price. On to the next race.
chrisg19
Fantasy
4327th
1/19/2020 6:54am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2020 6:57am
A dumb move by Ferrandis, but who placed that red tough block? It clearly doesn't follow the arc set by the three on top of the berm, and had it been wider, this crash may have been lessened or avoided. Still a bone head move by Ferrandis, but that placement didn’t help the situation.
JustMX
1/19/2020 7:05am
chrisg19 wrote:
A dumb move by Ferrandis, but who placed that red tough block? It clearly doesn't follow the arc set by the three on top of the...
A dumb move by Ferrandis, but who placed that red tough block? It clearly doesn't follow the arc set by the three on top of the berm, and had it been wider, this crash may have been lessened or avoided. Still a bone head move by Ferrandis, but that placement didn’t help the situation.
Good point on the red tuff block.

It would be interesting to see if that is how it was placed through out the evening or if it was placed incorrectly or even moved there in an attempt to force riders away from the mechanic's area.

If the block was repositioned mid-race, either by track crew or even another rider, that might explain why cc felt comfortable taking that outside line with df all over him.
flykay
1/19/2020 7:09am
Come on guys. Yes, Dylan came in a tad too hot into that corner. But hey, have you not seen that before in SX? Racing incident. I think in hindsight he would have waited a couple of turns and made the pass clean. Who are we to know and judge, most of us have not been at Pro level and the speed the carry into corners and with that slick surface, I can imagine its not easy to correct once you are committed to a pass in a corner.
Give Dylan a break and appreciate the great racer he is. Just as Christian Craig.
1/19/2020 7:12am
Justin Cooper probably the big winner with that pass. DF will be more cautious moving forward. And CC will probably have DF testing the soil soon.
tek14
1/19/2020 7:13am
People crying when it happens to their favorite rider.
Paul333
1/19/2020 7:14am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2020 7:24am
CPR wrote:
Or maybe because once upon a time it was just a part of racing.....
Paul333 wrote:
Trust me I don’t buy this crap for a second. It’s internet tough guy horseshit. Probably don’t race. Go to your local track, then clearly take...
Trust me I don’t buy this crap for a second. It’s internet tough guy horseshit.

Probably don’t race.

Go to your local track, then clearly take out two friends/teammates/whatever...

See what happens..

CPR wrote:
What the hell are you dribbling about??? You were talking about RC dismissing it and I said a reason for that is that it was once...
What the hell are you dribbling about???
You were talking about RC dismissing it and I said a reason for that is that it was once more common. In RCs era and earlier if someone left the door open, it was quite common for someone else to close it. Go watch some old races or bar to bar.
Now what that has that got to do with trusting you, buying anything, equestrian manure, me racing or going to my local track I have no idea?!

I don’t honestly care what GOAT says about it. He is merely protecting himself because he was notorious for it. Ever watch him clean out Travis Pastrana merely because GOAT felt threatened? The industry, sanctioning bodies, riders, teams, or whatever wouldn’t/couldn’t stand up to him because he was winning. Nobody including riders wants to rock the boat which is rampant in MX/SX. His T.V. coverage comments taint everyone of these incidents.

BUT let Alessi go dirty and clean out a rider on Carmichael’s team (Tickle) and it’s a travesty. The whole industry is up & arms because it’s an Alessi thus EASY to do the right thing now.

It’s selectivity cool, “Just Racing”, or whatever depending BS factors.

Let somebody do that to your kid at the local track...trust me it won’t be “Just Racing”...

Let some unknown privater at his 1st SX running 21st clean out Roczen and see how the industry reacts....

1/19/2020 7:25am
Paul333 wrote:
Trust me I don’t buy this crap for a second. It’s internet tough guy horseshit. Probably don’t race. Go to your local track, then clearly take...
Trust me I don’t buy this crap for a second. It’s internet tough guy horseshit.

Probably don’t race.

Go to your local track, then clearly take out two friends/teammates/whatever...

See what happens..

CPR wrote:
What the hell are you dribbling about??? You were talking about RC dismissing it and I said a reason for that is that it was once...
You were talking about RC dismissing it and I said a reason for that is that it was once more common. In RCs era and earlier if someone left the door open, it was quite common for someone else to close it. Go watch some old races or bar to bar.
Now what that has that got to do with trusting you, buying anything, equestrian manure, me racing or going to my local track I have no idea?!

Paul333 wrote:
I don’t honestly care what GOAT says about it. He is merely protecting himself because he was notorious for it. Ever watch him clean out Travis...
I don’t honestly care what GOAT says about it. He is merely protecting himself because he was notorious for it. Ever watch him clean out Travis Pastrana merely because GOAT felt threatened? The industry, sanctioning bodies, riders, teams, or whatever wouldn’t/couldn’t stand up to him because he was winning. Nobody including riders wants to rock the boat which is rampant in MX/SX. His T.V. coverage comments taint everyone of these incidents.

BUT let Alessi go dirty and clean out a rider on Carmichael’s team (Tickle) and it’s a travesty. The whole industry is up & arms because it’s an Alessi thus EASY to do the right thing now.

Let somebody do that to your kid at the local track...trust me it won’t be “Just Racing”...

Let some unknown privater at his 1st SX running 21st clean out Roczen and see how the industry reacts....

If my local track paid what these guys get paid to win I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen all the time. This shit is real life. Not a hobby that hopefully one day turns in to a career. You pay to race locally. These guys get paid to race globally.

Would Craig still have that ride if he wasn't married in to the team? It's probably hard to let a guy go knowing it directly effects your grandson as well.
1/19/2020 7:29am
If my local track paid what these guys get paid to win I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen all the time. This shit is...
If my local track paid what these guys get paid to win I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen all the time. This shit is real life. Not a hobby that hopefully one day turns in to a career. You pay to race locally. These guys get paid to race globally.

Would Craig still have that ride if he wasn't married in to the team? It's probably hard to let a guy go knowing it directly effects your grandson as well.
I'd say he would have a ride somewhere. He wins heat races and is a podium possibly every race. There are a lot of other guys on the gate getting paid to race that you can't say the same for.
Paul333
1/19/2020 7:35am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2020 7:38am
CPR wrote:

Paul333 wrote:
I don’t honestly care what GOAT says about it. He is merely protecting himself because he was notorious for it. Ever watch him clean out Travis...

If my local track paid what these guys get paid to win I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen all the time. This shit is...

I get the hint you don’t race. Or just talking crap on the internet. Dirty riding is dirty riding. If some moron cleans me out intentionally there will be consequences. I could get hurt and miss paychecks. Same goes for 95% of the riders in any SX.

Also ride like this at any local track and owner will kick your ass out. Probably ban you ASAP.
Silas444
1/19/2020 7:53am
If you watched that race (and you aren't related to or are dating Christian Craig and/or Jett Lawrence), you'll see that the track design had a major flaw in more than one place, the flaw being a 90 degree corner directly following a jump where, if you landed off the jump on the inside line, your momentum took you directly into the path of the rider railing the outside. There could easily have been numerous crashes on that track all night in the corners that featured this egregious flaw, but if you actually look, you'll notice the rider railing the outside shut off and avoided contact with the rider landing on that inside line. It happened time and time and again. Craig didn't, for whatever reason. One other thing: Ferrandis had but one goal - to win the race, come what may - and we on this site either admire that quality in a racer or despise that quality, all depending on whether or not we like the racer displaying that quality, and in doing so we fail to notice an unfortunate quality WE are displaying, a quality I loathe more than any other:

Hypocrisy.
Ultra54
1/19/2020 8:01am
Yes, there was a door. The door was never open, it wasn't even unlocked. Ferrandis used a battering ram to burst into somewhere he didn't deserve to be.
1/19/2020 8:13am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2020 8:13am

I'd say he would have a ride somewhere. He wins heat races and is a podium possibly every race. There are a lot of other guys...
I'd say he would have a ride somewhere. He wins heat races and is a podium possibly every race. There are a lot of other guys on the gate getting paid to race that you can't say the same for.
...I personally think going elsewhere years ago would have been better for him. Sometimes the easy option isn't the most productive one.
1/19/2020 8:21am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2020 8:22am
Paul333 wrote:

Paul333 wrote:
I get the hint you don’t race. Or just talking crap on the internet. Dirty riding is dirty riding. If some moron cleans me out intentionally...
I get the hint you don’t race. Or just talking crap on the internet. Dirty riding is dirty riding. If some moron cleans me out intentionally there will be consequences. I could get hurt and miss paychecks. Same goes for 95% of the riders in any SX.

Also ride like this at any local track and owner will kick your ass out. Probably ban you ASAP.
I do race... as an amateur in 30+ with a bunch of other people who have a day job that pays the bills. That's where the level of respect is heightened. I'm there for fun, not to make a living based on my results. If amateur racing is what put food on my families table my outlook would be different.

I've been taken out and taken people out. If it's unintentional I usually try and find them after the race to apologize. If they refuse then it reflects more on them than me. I can't speak for Dylan or Christian. He played the victim on social media and Dylan didn't immediately apologize. Blame that on the generation, social media age, pride or whatever but this incident was far from extreme. Y'all are getting panties in a wad because that tuff Blok gripped Craig's rear wheel and turned the bike sideways with him on it, ejecting him. That's not Dylan's fault. How the fuck could a human being orchestrate all that?
vetmxr
1/19/2020 8:42am
Great racing last night...both classes.....wish the officials would let these guys handle this stuff themselves. It's not good when people that don't race, like to tell the ones that do put their lives on the line for a living, whats right and wrong.

Believe me, in the near future, Ferandis is going to get what he's got coming from Craig. This is between those two racers. Not armchair quarterbacks.

And that was an unbelievable ride by Jett, 16 year old rookie puts almost 10 seconds on the field????

Anyone that's ever raced successfully knows exactly what it feels like to have the wheels fall off for no reason other than inexperience in the last few laps of the race when your leading and your mind starts wandering. Make a few dumb mistakes and feel things slipping away.. all of a sudden you hear a screaming bike behind you ..so you panic and ride like crazy trying to keep the lead....only to seemingly forget how to ride fast all of a sudden.....That was awesome to watch....Great racing...
Paul333
1/19/2020 9:07am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2020 9:09am
I do race... as an amateur in 30+ with a bunch of other people who have a day job that pays the bills. That's where the...
I do race... as an amateur in 30+ with a bunch of other people who have a day job that pays the bills. That's where the level of respect is heightened. I'm there for fun, not to make a living based on my results. If amateur racing is what put food on my families table my outlook would be different.

I've been taken out and taken people out. If it's unintentional I usually try and find them after the race to apologize. If they refuse then it reflects more on them than me. I can't speak for Dylan or Christian. He played the victim on social media and Dylan didn't immediately apologize. Blame that on the generation, social media age, pride or whatever but this incident was far from extreme. Y'all are getting panties in a wad because that tuff Blok gripped Craig's rear wheel and turned the bike sideways with him on it, ejecting him. That's not Dylan's fault. How the fuck could a human being orchestrate all that?
So it was the Tuff Block’s fault?

Get real
1/19/2020 9:18am
I do race... as an amateur in 30+ with a bunch of other people who have a day job that pays the bills. That's where the...

Paul333 wrote:
So it was the Tuff Block’s fault?

Get real
Many things influenced the final outcome. I'd say it's Craig's fault for leaving the inside open in a 90 degree sweeper but how dare I accuse him of poor racecraft proven over years of piss poor results below his potential. That is exhibit R in a long list of poor decisions that have cost him a more successful career. He's on the down slope and he knows it. This year may have been his last real chance before going in to Marty territory.
Ray_MXS
1/19/2020 9:20am
vetmxr wrote:
Great racing last night...both classes.....wish the officials would let these guys handle this stuff themselves. It's not good when people that don't race, like to tell...
Great racing last night...both classes.....wish the officials would let these guys handle this stuff themselves. It's not good when people that don't race, like to tell the ones that do put their lives on the line for a living, whats right and wrong.

Believe me, in the near future, Ferandis is going to get what he's got coming from Craig. This is between those two racers. Not armchair quarterbacks.

And that was an unbelievable ride by Jett, 16 year old rookie puts almost 10 seconds on the field????

Anyone that's ever raced successfully knows exactly what it feels like to have the wheels fall off for no reason other than inexperience in the last few laps of the race when your leading and your mind starts wandering. Make a few dumb mistakes and feel things slipping away.. all of a sudden you hear a screaming bike behind you ..so you panic and ride like crazy trying to keep the lead....only to seemingly forget how to ride fast all of a sudden.....That was awesome to watch....Great racing...
So you'd rather not have any rules and let the riders "handle stuff themselves"? Because anarchy usually works out fantastic.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
1/19/2020 9:25am
10k reward on frenchies ass
Buh-bye.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
1/19/2020 9:26am
Maybe it was clicked because some people were throwing insults about nationalities, and making a lot of generalizations. A lot of heated emotions are going on...
Maybe it was clicked because some people were throwing insults about nationalities, and making a lot of generalizations. A lot of heated emotions are going on, but there is no need to get personal about any particular nationality. Just my 2 cents.
Hey, look. Someone gets it.

Now to go through the 1000+ IG comments...
DB505
1/19/2020 9:32am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2020 9:34am
Silas444 wrote:
If you watched that race (and you aren't related to or are dating Christian Craig and/or Jett Lawrence), you'll see that the track design had a...
If you watched that race (and you aren't related to or are dating Christian Craig and/or Jett Lawrence), you'll see that the track design had a major flaw in more than one place, the flaw being a 90 degree corner directly following a jump where, if you landed off the jump on the inside line, your momentum took you directly into the path of the rider railing the outside. There could easily have been numerous crashes on that track all night in the corners that featured this egregious flaw, but if you actually look, you'll notice the rider railing the outside shut off and avoided contact with the rider landing on that inside line. It happened time and time and again. Craig didn't, for whatever reason. One other thing: Ferrandis had but one goal - to win the race, come what may - and we on this site either admire that quality in a racer or despise that quality, all depending on whether or not we like the racer displaying that quality, and in doing so we fail to notice an unfortunate quality WE are displaying, a quality I loathe more than any other:

Hypocrisy.
Everyone rides the same track, DF is a good enough rider to know where he was goin &what he was doing

Post a reply to: Ferrandis thread

The Latest