Fill Ins? Who’s even worthy?

britt423
Edited Date/Time 2/25/2020 9:20am
Man I hate to see those injuries tonight. KTM was already one short and JGRs fill-in is now out. And Kawi too? Who’s yalls thoughts on fill ins while these riders are out hurt?
|
britt423
2/22/2020 9:02pm Edited Date/Time 2/22/2020 9:04pm
gregyou wrote:
Reed just for publicity
To JGR maybe? but I don’t see Kawi or KTM taking him even for the publicity. I’m not sure Chad’s even willing to move or do anything. He seems to just be ready to get through his season and retirement. But maybe. Kawi would rather watch what someone else can do for future years, in my opinion. Switching Marty around is possible but he’s crashy McCrasherson again so idk. Bowers is a possibility but with all the drama he’s had overseas and etc. he’s almost a blemish to any of their images unless he was in the top 5 every week and couldn’t be passed up. I can’t stand Bowers but.... 🤷🏼‍♀️

The Shop

mx617
2/22/2020 9:11pm
So if im doing the math right the fill in to jgrs fill in for the fill in to the original fill in to the guy they actually hired is hurt?
They have to be averaging less than one race per rider so far?
2/22/2020 9:28pm
No chance but would be awesome to see Josh Grant riding sx again.
britt423
2/22/2020 9:30pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
At this point, stay the fuck away from JGR.
Agreed. It’s like it’s cursed
britt423
2/22/2020 9:31pm Edited Date/Time 2/22/2020 9:31pm
mx617 wrote:
So if im doing the math right the fill in to jgrs fill in for the fill in to the original fill in to the guy...
So if im doing the math right the fill in to jgrs fill in for the fill in to the original fill in to the guy they actually hired is hurt?
They have to be averaging less than one race per rider so far?
Scary but yes I believe your math is right
2/23/2020 12:16am
What’s Josh Grant up to? He’s the only guy I can think of that could put it in the main and is relatively known.
gregyou
2/23/2020 12:40am
To bad Luke clout has 250 deal all ready. He has raced a 450 a lot
texasmoto423
2/23/2020 6:28am
With cooper just banged up I could see ktm parking for a week or 2. Surely the big green claw requires 2 bikes on the track. I’d imagine the few sponsors JGR has left would like to see at least one bike in either class out there. Bad weekend for some of the teams, but possibly some opportunities for a privateer or 2.
TymeMoto
2/23/2020 6:36am
What’s Josh Grant up to? He’s the only guy I can think of that could put it in the main and is relatively known.
Mike Alessi was faster than Grant last year when they both filled in, I don’t think Josh beat him in a single race. Grant even missed a couple mains. Dial 1-800-HOLESHOT if you’re looking for a fill in.
rhargrave431
2/23/2020 7:04am
Alessi posted on Instagram, tagging jgr, kawi and ktm, saying he was ready
Question
2/23/2020 7:07am

Seely, Weimer, Grant and Alessi could make the main.

But in all cases it is stacked.
agn5009
2/23/2020 7:22am
Question wrote:

Seely, Weimer, Grant and Alessi could make the main.

But in all cases it is stacked.
Weimer and Grant would have a hard time making mains. No offense to them but it ain't 2016. I never understood the logic of putting someone on a bike just to put them on.
4DAIVIPAI2K5
2/23/2020 7:27am
Seely is all I 've got... but I figure if he wanted to race honda would have kept him in place of brayton.
britt423
2/23/2020 7:31am
Alessi posted on Instagram, tagging jgr, kawi and ktm, saying he was ready
Oh no.... please no lol
Forty
2/23/2020 7:39am
Grant just put down his cheeseburger and is by the phone
MXMattii
2/23/2020 10:59am
Brian Hsu, Thomas Ramette, Charles LeFrancois, Cedric Soubeyras, Thomas Do, ... All guys who are race ready and don't need to come out of retirement.
2/23/2020 11:08am
agn5009 wrote:
Weimer and Grant would have a hard time making mains. No offense to them but it ain't 2016. I never understood the logic of putting someone...
Weimer and Grant would have a hard time making mains. No offense to them but it ain't 2016. I never understood the logic of putting someone on a bike just to put them on.
Perhaps teams do not get paid from sponsors, unless the have bikes on the track?
Adam43
2/23/2020 11:09am
If you're Kawasaki, why not give Forkner a shot at a few east coast races? He could do really well.

It doesn't look like the West title is happening, and he's no teenage rookie. There isn't much to lose.
agn5009
2/23/2020 11:26am
agn5009 wrote:
Weimer and Grant would have a hard time making mains. No offense to them but it ain't 2016. I never understood the logic of putting someone...
1911 wrote:
Perhaps teams do not get paid from sponsors, unless the have bikes on the track?
Teams arent making any money anyways. Team Factory KTM has two options. Pay someone a salary, health insurance, bikes, parts, mechanic, truck driver etc etc etc to go out and "maybe" make a main event or just dont pay anyone new and wait for Coop/Musquin to return.

Honestly, you guys act like theres tons of people out there capable of making the 450 mains every single week. There simply isn't. We're not talking about a fill in rider for a 250 east/west coast series. We're talking about the 450 class which has 12+ past champs in it. I love guys like Hsu, Ramette, Do etc and I would love to see them come over and give it a shot. But honestly, is it worth ktm doing that? Are they really gonna gain anything financially by having one of those guys who may squeak into the main racing for them?

No. They're not. Think with your heads, not your heart's. This is a business for KTM, not a charity.
2/23/2020 11:42am
agn5009 wrote:
Teams arent making any money anyways. Team Factory KTM has two options. Pay someone a salary, health insurance, bikes, parts, mechanic, truck driver etc etc etc...
Teams arent making any money anyways. Team Factory KTM has two options. Pay someone a salary, health insurance, bikes, parts, mechanic, truck driver etc etc etc to go out and "maybe" make a main event or just dont pay anyone new and wait for Coop/Musquin to return.

Honestly, you guys act like theres tons of people out there capable of making the 450 mains every single week. There simply isn't. We're not talking about a fill in rider for a 250 east/west coast series. We're talking about the 450 class which has 12+ past champs in it. I love guys like Hsu, Ramette, Do etc and I would love to see them come over and give it a shot. But honestly, is it worth ktm doing that? Are they really gonna gain anything financially by having one of those guys who may squeak into the main racing for them?

No. They're not. Think with your heads, not your heart's. This is a business for KTM, not a charity.
Wut? Your first sentence says, teams aren’t making money anyways. Which I agree. But with your logic, why field a team at all?
texasmoto423
2/23/2020 11:48am
agn5009 wrote:
1911 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Teams arent making any money anyways. Team Factory KTM has two options. Pay someone a salary, health insurance, bikes, parts, mechanic, truck driver etc etc etc...

The riders are subcontractors. The teams 1099 them. No health insurance cost to the team. Also almost all fill ins are bonus only. Zero salary. It’s basically a chance for someone to get a shot on factory equipment and for the teams to fulfill their responsibilities to the sponsors. The mechanic and truck drivers on on salary and getting paid regardless and are figured in in the yearly budget. I’d imagine the fine from Red Bull or Monster would be much higher than the cost of putting a 12-22 place guy on the bike a few rounds.
agn5009
2/23/2020 11:53am
agn5009 wrote:

1911 wrote:
Wut? Your first sentence says, teams aren’t making money anyways. Which I agree. But with your logic, why field a team at all?
Why would a factory team such as KTM put a rider who probably wont qualify on their team. That's what I'm saying. There is absolutely no point for them to do that. If a solid top 15 guy was available then sure, they may pull the trigger. But they're not going to dump a pile of money into bringing in someone who will be on the cusp of not qualifying each week. They have nothing to gain and lots of money to lose.

I know guys love to see former pros like Weimer and Grant come back but let's be realistic, they may not be able to qualify consistently anymore. It's been a long time (in racing years) since they've done it.
RTDRacing
2/23/2020 11:57am
MXMattii wrote:
Brian Hsu, Thomas Ramette, Charles LeFrancois, Cedric Soubeyras, Thomas Do, ... All guys who are race ready and don't need to come out of retirement.
Yes, yes and yes. Would love to see these guys over here. They run yellow, and run them well

Post a reply to: Fill Ins? Who’s even worthy?

The Latest