First Issue with RMATVMC...

Edited Date/Time 1/31/2019 10:28pm
I ordered new hand guards for my Husky 300 from the OEM Catalog on their site. Here's what it shows...

Wouldn't you assume it came with the hand shields? Before they shipped my order, a rep called and asked to clarify what I was ordering. Shields, or mounting brackets. All I needed was the shields. He said ok and got the order out. Well I only received the mounting brackets. After 30 minutes on the phone and the lady trying to tell me that it says it only includes the brackets, she finally finds the correct piece I need and I have to order that and return the other part. Huge hassle. And even after ordering the right part, I can't even find it on their website. Pretty frustrating to say the least.

tl;dr - If you need OEM Handguards for a Husky, Call them or you won't get the right part.
|
Titan1
1/31/2019 3:55pm
I would assume a "handguard assembly kit" is the mounting bracket, not the shield.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/31/2019 3:56pm
Titan1 wrote:
I would assume a "handguard assembly kit" is the mounting bracket, not the shield.
Also, that is Husky's diagram, not RM's.
1/31/2019 3:56pm
Titan1 wrote:
Why would the picture show the shields then? And not have them as a separate part?

The Shop

1/31/2019 3:57pm
Seems like they reconciled it without any hassle...
it was a hassle. I didn't get the part I needed even after confirming with them what I needed.
Titan1
1/31/2019 3:58pm
Titan1 wrote:
Why would the picture show the shields then? And not have them as a separate part?
So you can see how it all mounts together? Where the bolts go, where/how the mounts attached to the shields.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/31/2019 3:59pm
Titan1 wrote:
That's a question for Husky, not Rocky Mountain.
1/31/2019 4:01pm
Titan1 wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
So you can see how it all mounts together? Where the bolts go, where/how the mounts attached to the shields.
find me another example where the parts shown are not included. but, again, why aren't the shields listed as a possible part to order?
brody
1/31/2019 4:06pm
i order an pivot works fork rebuilt kit( first mastake) so it shows up one of the oil seals was destroyed. i called sent me out all balls dust seals after 35 min on the phone the lady is like "well pvot works and all balls is the same company"
i was like and? i still need oil seals and i ordered PIVOT WORKS. sent me some more all balls dust seals called again then got all balls oil seals(month later) so i called and they were like "there the same bs bs" i went off. They wanted me to send all the stuff back for a refund so i said ship me package, they refunded it and said i want some sks seals send them or i want our managers manager, because you cussed at me.
So now i got 2 extra sets of dust seals and oil seas
now i order from moto sport

there is also a 20 page fourm on thumper about this
1/31/2019 4:10pm
Vitals not going to have your back on this one bud
A few guys have my back. I'm still going to order from RM, no doubt. The worst part is that they don't even have the part listed I needed. After doing some research, the new part they sent says it's only for 18-19 TX300. so crossing my fingers it fits.
Titan1
1/31/2019 4:11pm
Titan1 wrote:
find me another example where the parts shown are not included. but, again, why aren't the shields listed as a possible part to order?
I'm not going to waste time doing that...You're making a mountain out of a mole hill bro.

Take some deep breaths and let it go.

Its a mounting kit...all the stuff needed to mount the guards. That's how I'd understand what that was. You understood it differently...no big deal.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
1/31/2019 4:13pm
This needed its own thread?! Wtf
C.Worthy
1/31/2019 4:16pm
brody wrote:
i order an pivot works fork rebuilt kit( first mastake) so it shows up one of the oil seals was destroyed. i called sent me out...
i order an pivot works fork rebuilt kit( first mastake) so it shows up one of the oil seals was destroyed. i called sent me out all balls dust seals after 35 min on the phone the lady is like "well pvot works and all balls is the same company"
i was like and? i still need oil seals and i ordered PIVOT WORKS. sent me some more all balls dust seals called again then got all balls oil seals(month later) so i called and they were like "there the same bs bs" i went off. They wanted me to send all the stuff back for a refund so i said ship me package, they refunded it and said i want some sks seals send them or i want our managers manager, because you cussed at me.

Maybe proper English would have cleared up the confusion....
brody
1/31/2019 4:21pm
brody wrote:
i order an pivot works fork rebuilt kit( first mastake) so it shows up one of the oil seals was destroyed. i called sent me out...

C.Worthy wrote:
Oh the grammer police is here everyone run before he gets you
Titan1
1/31/2019 4:57pm
brody wrote:

C.Worthy wrote:
brody wrote:
*are here
brody
1/31/2019 5:00pm
C.Worthy wrote:
brody wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
*are here
i did that on purpose just to mess with u
your a troll
C.Worthy
1/31/2019 5:01pm
brody wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
*are here
brody wrote:
your a troll
*you're
ZB93
1/31/2019 5:17pm
brody wrote:
your a troll
C.Worthy wrote:
*you're
-MAVERICK- wrote:
* I
* you
* You're
*Y'all
TeamGreen
1/31/2019 5:18pm
I ordered new hand guards for my Husky 300 from the OEM Catalog on their site. Here's what it shows... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/01/31/322294/s1200_Schematic.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/01/31/322295/s1200_Description.jpg[/img] Wouldn't you assume it...
I ordered new hand guards for my Husky 300 from the OEM Catalog on their site. Here's what it shows...

Wouldn't you assume it came with the hand shields? Before they shipped my order, a rep called and asked to clarify what I was ordering. Shields, or mounting brackets. All I needed was the shields. He said ok and got the order out. Well I only received the mounting brackets. After 30 minutes on the phone and the lady trying to tell me that it says it only includes the brackets, she finally finds the correct piece I need and I have to order that and return the other part. Huge hassle. And even after ordering the right part, I can't even find it on their website. Pretty frustrating to say the least.

tl;dr - If you need OEM Handguards for a Husky, Call them or you won't get the right part.
"Ass'y" per the picture of item 4 seems to show THE ENTIRE ASSY.

So, I get what Kenny is saying .

This is confusing...which is why I like to get stuff like this from my local Husky dealer...
Fator's in Redding, CA
Donnell's in Independence, MO
Harv379
Fantasy
1988th
1/31/2019 5:19pm
I ordered an OEM rear sprocket for my KLR 650, they sent out a primary drive, and it took a month to get it fixed. I ended up ordering it through someone else in the meantime. Their customer service isn't awesome, but their prices are. If you do need assistance, ask for Gage or Cleon, they're about the only one's with a brain who work there in customer service. I dealt with 5 or 6 different people before finally getting the situation handled.
1/31/2019 5:21pm
I ordered new hand guards for my Husky 300 from the OEM Catalog on their site. Here's what it shows... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/01/31/322294/s1200_Schematic.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/01/31/322295/s1200_Description.jpg[/img] Wouldn't you assume it...

TeamGreen wrote:
"Ass'y" per the picture of item 4 seems to show THE ENTIRE ASSY. So, I get what Kenny is saying . This is confusing...which is why...

This is confusing...which is why I like to get stuff like this from my local Husky dealer...
Fator's in Redding, CA
My closest dealer is 2 hours away. And probably don’t stock many parts
Titan1
1/31/2019 6:18pm
brody wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
*are here
brody wrote:
your a troll
Suuuuuuure you did.

Lol
rohleder644
1/31/2019 6:19pm

TeamGreen wrote:
"Ass'y" per the picture of item 4 seems to show THE ENTIRE ASSY. So, I get what Kenny is saying . This is confusing...which is why...

Fator's in Redding, CA
You, sir, have excellent taste in dealers. But since when is the 816 your locale?

Post a reply to: First Issue with RMATVMC...

The Latest