First supercross

Merida
Hey, im going from Sweden too watch my first supercross race, which do you think is best, Daytona or Tampa?
Im going alone so do you know where to find raceday buddies?
|
BirtDikes
Fantasy
2717th
7/31/2017 5:46am
I live in florida and i think either will be good. Daytona is a long track with more mx platform and high speed, more sketchy, which is fun to watch. But tampa you will be able to see most of the track, itll be more of a traditional supercross race. Personally i am going to tampa sx for sure and still deciding on daytona, because at tampa you will be closer to the action due to it being more of a stadium format.
Fonzarelli
7/31/2017 5:56am Edited Date/Time 7/31/2017 5:56am
Daytona is during Daytona bike week. So you have the Supercross but you also have one of the biggest motorcycle events on the planet going on. There is so much happening all week, I am not even going to try and make a list. Use Google and Youtube to see for yourself.
DoctorJD
7/31/2017 6:01am
Atlanta. First year in the new Mercedes Dome, that place looks killer.

The Shop

resetjet
7/31/2017 6:51am
Daytona for sure.....cheap tix free parking and camping in infield. But both good.
Merida
7/31/2017 7:13am
motoxxx599 wrote:
Atlanta
JRT812 wrote:
x2
I was planing to travel a week and see florida too and atlanta is kind of far
away.
agn5009
7/31/2017 7:17am
Daytona during bike week is cool. I would recommend that.
brocster
7/31/2017 7:24am
Daytona is not really a supercross per say. If you are coming from Sweden for your "first supercross" I would reccomend Tampa if that is the supercross experience you are looking for but if you want to see all forms of motorcycle recing and other shenanigans Daytona bike week is it. Also, folks are throwing out Atlanta because it kicks ass and always has a good crowd. Pick your poison.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
7/31/2017 9:40am
motoxxx599 wrote:
Atlanta
JRT812 wrote:
x2
Merida wrote:
away.
Atlanta is not far. Where you staying?
HuskyEd
7/31/2017 9:46am
A1 if you can make it there.
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
7/31/2017 9:49am
buy everything you can at the race ... shirts,cups,etc...
Swann
7/31/2017 10:43am
If you're coming from Sweden and intend on doing some additional sight-seeing, in addition to a Supercross event then I would highly recommend Tampa. I personally think Tampa and the South Western coast of Florida is more appealing than the East. Southeast Florida (Miami) is a shit-hole and there are pockets of nice beach areas up to Daytona but if you're wanting to see more of Florida while you're there, I think Tampa would be a better experience. Orlando isn't too far away or you can simply drive South along the coast. If you want to get real adventurous, get down to Key West somehow. Bring your best speedo.
Merida
8/1/2017 4:00am
JRT812 wrote:
x2
Merida wrote:
away.
motoxxx599 wrote:
Atlanta is not far. Where you staying?
its till 6hour drive. maybe the best thing is to fly to atlanda and home from orlando then i get to see both races.
8/1/2017 4:24am
Swann wrote:
If you're coming from Sweden and intend on doing some additional sight-seeing, in addition to a Supercross event then I would highly recommend Tampa. I personally...
If you're coming from Sweden and intend on doing some additional sight-seeing, in addition to a Supercross event then I would highly recommend Tampa. I personally think Tampa and the South Western coast of Florida is more appealing than the East. Southeast Florida (Miami) is a shit-hole and there are pockets of nice beach areas up to Daytona but if you're wanting to see more of Florida while you're there, I think Tampa would be a better experience. Orlando isn't too far away or you can simply drive South along the coast. If you want to get real adventurous, get down to Key West somehow. Bring your best speedo.
Listen to Swannbro. He's exactly right. I love the Daytona race, but if you're planning on going, you better get your hotel reservation now. Expect to pay $300 a night to stay anywhere near the track. Tampa will be cheaper, and as Swann says, lots of nice beaches that way.

Don't even think about camping at Daytona unless you like to be woken up at all hours to loud drunken frat boys and red necks as they cruise around the campgrounds on their golf carts and motorcycles. Many of them also have giant trucks that they like to do massive burn outs in. There's absolutely no rules there (in spite of the many signs pointing out plenty of rules) and nothing is enforced. It's like the Wild West but without the six-shooters - though a murder or two wouldn't surprise me in that campground because some of those idiots could use a long drop on the end of a short rope.
Merida
9/26/2017 5:50am
Swann wrote:
If you're coming from Sweden and intend on doing some additional sight-seeing, in addition to a Supercross event then I would highly recommend Tampa. I personally...
Listen to Swannbro. He's exactly right. I love the Daytona race, but if you're planning on going, you better get your hotel reservation now. Expect to...
Listen to Swannbro. He's exactly right. I love the Daytona race, but if you're planning on going, you better get your hotel reservation now. Expect to pay $300 a night to stay anywhere near the track. Tampa will be cheaper, and as Swann says, lots of nice beaches that way.

Don't even think about camping at Daytona unless you like to be woken up at all hours to loud drunken frat boys and red necks as they cruise around the campgrounds on their golf carts and motorcycles. Many of them also have giant trucks that they like to do massive burn outs in. There's absolutely no rules there (in spite of the many signs pointing out plenty of rules) and nothing is enforced. It's like the Wild West but without the six-shooters - though a murder or two wouldn't surprise me in that campground because some of those idiots could use a long drop on the end of a short rope.
I decided to go to both Atlanta and Daytona, flights are booked and super pumped! :D
endurox
9/26/2017 7:58am
HuskyEd wrote:
A1 if you can make it there.
Ditto on Anaheim 1
kkawboy14
9/26/2017 8:03am
For a first sx, Tampa. You can see everything there.
solbikerider
Fantasy
2462nd
1/25/2018 6:29pm
Anybody got hotel recommendations for Tampa? The wife surprised me with tickets so we’re flying in on Friday.
Yo Yo
1/25/2018 6:54pm
Same here but hoping to go to the San Diego Race
Any advice on Hotel near or within reasonable distance to Stadium please.

Do the top Tickets allow access to Practice and press day pls.

Post a reply to: First supercross

The Latest