Food Poisoning?

Zeke27G
1/6/2020 7:00am Edited Date/Time 1/8/2020 11:50am
Leigh mentioned during the broadcast that Jett Lawrence was recovering from food poisoning. Okay, what's the story here? And I'm sorry, as I'm sure this has been covered plenty of times here before, but the last time I got food poisoning was 10 years ago in Peru when I made the poor choice of eating some corn coated in unpasteurized cheese!! My diet is decent, but it's a far cry from what these pro athletes are consuming, so how is it these guys are constantly coming down with food poisoning? Is it code for something else, or are these guys just as susceptible to greasy street vendor grub, as the rest of us?

|
S.O.S.
Fantasy
2152nd
1/6/2020 7:23am
You can get it anywhere. Two of the FLY employees also got food poisoning and believe it came from one of the restaurants next to their hotel in Anaheim.
Forty
1/6/2020 7:32am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2020 7:44am
It’s code for arm pump.
And arm pump is code for I went the wrong way on settings
And I went the wrong way on settings is code for Epstein Bar *
And Epstein bar is code for food poisoning.

I went the wrong way on setting can also be code for I had a shitty race.

And so it goes.

These guys travel a lot and food poisoning is a real thing when you aren’t in control of your food prep as much as you’d like.
crowe176
1/6/2020 7:35am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2020 7:37am
He told mxvice he had some bad chick fil a

/end story
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
1/6/2020 7:50am
He probably just accidentally ate some fecal matter like we have all done at one time or another...

The Shop

agn5009
1/6/2020 7:58am
I got food poisoning at an expensive seafood place in Delaware while vacationing at the beach. It was absolutely awful. It can happen anywhere.
slipdog
1/6/2020 8:03am
disbanded wrote:
He probably just accidentally ate some fecal matter like we have all done at one time or another...
I blame Ronnie Mac
1/6/2020 8:38am
He accidentally grabbed a past due Krispy Kreme donut at the gas station.
kb228
1/6/2020 8:47am
Forty wrote:
It’s code for arm pump. And arm pump is code for I went the wrong way on settings And I went the wrong way on settings...
It’s code for arm pump.

And so it goes.

These guys travel a lot and food poisoning is a real thing when you aren’t in control of your food prep as much as you’d like.
I thought you were gonna go from epstein barr to epstein didnt kill himself
Camp332
1/6/2020 8:52am
disbanded wrote:
Damn bro...Just hit us with a truth bomb we didn't need to read. Sick
1/6/2020 8:54am
He looked terrible during race day live. I buy the food poisoning theory. I felt kind of bad that they kept him on the program as long as they did. Buddy looked like he was doing all he could to not shit himself.
mb60
1/6/2020 9:02am
Had it twice. Once from IHOP and once from Mc Donald's. Takes about 48 hours to flush through the body.
Gus
1/6/2020 9:10am
Sure, I think food poisoning is a broad term these guys use for having the poops. Could be food, could be some random GI illness, doesn’t matter the cause I suppose. They travel a lot and have lots of interaction with people. Lot of handshakes and high fives.
Wash hands, use hand sanitizer and don’t touch your face.
Coenmx
1/6/2020 9:23am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2020 9:23am
Gus wrote:
Sure, I think food poisoning is a broad term these guys use for having the poops. Could be food, could be some random GI illness, doesn’t...
Sure, I think food poisoning is a broad term these guys use for having the poops. Could be food, could be some random GI illness, doesn’t matter the cause I suppose. They travel a lot and have lots of interaction with people. Lot of handshakes and high fives.
Pretty sure wasn’t just the poops he was throwing up still on Friday as well , over heard Jett say was more of that than the poops .
ML512
Fantasy
36th
1/6/2020 9:27am
I've gotten food poisoning the day before A1....TWICE!

Once from Panda Express and the second time from some Mediterranean restaurant
omalley
1/6/2020 9:31am
Got it from a BBQ chicken pizza at a hotel/water park (Western WA peeps know it as the place on the west side of I-5 in grand mound)...had to survive a several-hour trip in Monday holiday traffic up I-5, with toddler son puking repeatedly. Then-wife and I made it home before we lost it. Threw up so hard and so many times that night that I couldn’t move my neck for three days, and almost blacked out twice. Food poisoning is no joke. Only way we knew was my daughter had cheese pizza and was fine.
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
1/6/2020 9:51am
omalley wrote:
Got it from a BBQ chicken pizza at a hotel/water park (Western WA peeps know it as the place on the west side of I-5 in...
Got it from a BBQ chicken pizza at a hotel/water park (Western WA peeps know it as the place on the west side of I-5 in grand mound)...had to survive a several-hour trip in Monday holiday traffic up I-5, with toddler son puking repeatedly. Then-wife and I made it home before we lost it. Threw up so hard and so many times that night that I couldn’t move my neck for three days, and almost blacked out twice. Food poisoning is no joke. Only way we knew was my daughter had cheese pizza and was fine.
I had it, it was extreme cramps and shitting every 10 min like Jett said on Race Day Live. Not a good day at all.
Wade221
1/6/2020 9:53am
omalley wrote:
Got it from a BBQ chicken pizza at a hotel/water park (Western WA peeps know it as the place on the west side of I-5 in...
🐺
Gus
1/6/2020 10:01am
Gus wrote:
Sure, I think food poisoning is a broad term these guys use for having the poops. Could be food, could be some random GI illness, doesn’t...
Coenmx wrote:
Pretty sure wasn’t just the poops he was throwing up still on Friday as well , over heard Jett say was more of that than the...
Pretty sure wasn’t just the poops he was throwing up still on Friday as well , over heard Jett say was more of that than the poops .
At either rate I guess my point is these guys are exposed to tons of germs and have a busy schedule. I’m more inclined to think that they have a viral illness than food poisoning. Be it food poisoning or a viral course the end result is treated the same.
1/6/2020 10:13am
I've always wondered about the 'food poisoning' thing too. I've never had it myself.
zehn
1/6/2020 10:15am
Never had food poisoning either. I kinda wonder if that term is just used as an umbrella term for a whole host of different sicknesses/illnesses
Gus
1/6/2020 10:17am
zehn wrote:
Never had food poisoning either. I kinda wonder if that term is just used as an umbrella term for a whole host of different sicknesses/illnesses
Bingo
zehn
1/6/2020 10:21am
Gus wrote:
Bingo
It's pretty common in cycling too
1/6/2020 10:28am
disbanded wrote:
Camp332 wrote:
Damn bro...Just hit us with a truth bomb we didn't need to read. Sick
#A$$EatinSzn
Momus
1/6/2020 10:43am
Forty wrote:
It’s code for arm pump. And arm pump is code for I went the wrong way on settings And I went the wrong way on settings...
It’s code for arm pump.

And so it goes.

It's code for 'gastro'. Food poisoning is an order of magnitude worse than the sluices opening simultaneously.
kNewc
1/6/2020 10:43am
zehn wrote:
Gus wrote:
Bingo
Just because you haven't had it doesn't mean it isn't real or a blanket term lol. I got sick from my own homemade jerky once. Also once from Ci-Ci's. It happens man. You'll know if you get it, shitting and puking the whole works, it sucks bad. I don't doubt Lawrence at all.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
1/6/2020 10:52am
I've had food poisoning quite a few times. Most lasted between 24-48 hours, but had it really bad in 2017 from a chicken sandwich from Wendy's and that was a severe case that lasted months and put me in the hospital for a night.
Gus
1/6/2020 11:09am
zehn wrote:
Gus wrote:
Bingo
kNewc wrote:
Just because you haven't had it doesn't mean it isn't real or a blanket term lol. I got sick from my own homemade jerky once. Also...
Just because you haven't had it doesn't mean it isn't real or a blanket term lol. I got sick from my own homemade jerky once. Also once from Ci-Ci's. It happens man. You'll know if you get it, shitting and puking the whole works, it sucks bad. I don't doubt Lawrence at all.
My wife had it once. It happens. I’m saying that I think everything that pukes and poops isn’t food poisoning, but everything that pukes and poops is called food poisoning.
1/6/2020 11:37am
why are they not bringing there own pre-packed food with them for race weekend? food they know they need/works for there body. body builders do it cant be difficult.
wisey
Fantasy
1457th
1/6/2020 11:57am
I got food poisoning New Years Eve from the Jack we were drinking
Motox627!
1/6/2020 12:01pm
mb60 wrote:
Had it twice. Once from IHOP and once from Mc Donald's. Takes about 48 hours to flush through the body.
Which is the reason i still to this day cant eat McDonalds! lol Put my ass in the emergency room on x-mas eve about 15 years ago and i haven't touched it since!

I know, i know, it can happen anywhere - but that shit scarred me for life! SickSickSick

Post a reply to: Food Poisoning?

The Latest