Forkner and penalty

500guy
1/4/2020 9:35pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2020 4:47am
Part of me say's DQ him, part say's 2 position or time penalty

The other part say's He didn't gain a position or pass anyone in front of him and probably didn't break any real rule.
|
PRM31
1/4/2020 9:36pm
He gained time.

I’d say 10 sec penalty.
slipdog
1/4/2020 9:36pm
I'll guess he's docked 5 seconds
ATKpilot99
1/4/2020 9:37pm
Forget about how much time he did or didn't gain . It was blatant cutting of the track. Dock him a lap.
level
1/4/2020 9:41pm
Dock a position or 5 to 10 seconds. Doesn’t need to be dramatic just dock the time he gained is all.

The Shop

Moto-Head
1/4/2020 10:16pm
I would give him a 10 second penalty
Radical
Fantasy
2321st
1/4/2020 10:20pm
He was already facing the wrong direction and it would've been difficult to turn around safely and enter where he exited. After watching the replay where they showed how close to the turn he was when he hit the hay bail, it appears he gained very little.
I say give him a pass on this one.
str8line
1/4/2020 10:23pm
Radical wrote:
He was already facing the wrong direction and it would've been difficult to turn around safely and enter where he exited. After watching the replay where...
He was already facing the wrong direction and it would've been difficult to turn around safely and enter where he exited. After watching the replay where they showed how close to the turn he was when he hit the hay bail, it appears he gained very little.

Good post but 5-second penalty seems right to me.
1/4/2020 10:23pm
Radical wrote:
He was already facing the wrong direction and it would've been difficult to turn around safely and enter where he exited. After watching the replay where...
Disagree entirely.

He had time, could have easily spun the bike around and continued. That was an awful judgement on his part - If he doesn't get a penalty I will be shocked.

slipdog
1/4/2020 10:24pm
250 results still aren't posted so they're working something up
kylemenz1
Fantasy
956th
Radical wrote:
Disagree entirely. He had time, could have easily spun the bike around and continued. That was an awful judgement on his part - If he doesn't...
Disagree entirely.

He had time, could have easily spun the bike around and continued. That was an awful judgement on his part - If he doesn't get a penalty I will be shocked.

If it was Anderson he would be docked 13 positions!
gt80rider
Any news yet?? Slap on the wrist is my guess.... "Don't do that again"
Crush
1/4/2020 10:25pm
Radical wrote:
WTF.

Bro. Every kid's right of passage on a dirtbike is a fuckin doughnut.
Janus9
1/4/2020 10:26pm
When he first got back on the track he was actually ahead of Ferrandis.

They have to penalize him something.
Mit12
1/4/2020 10:26pm
I believe that the book says 2 position penalty. 5th place.
Racer111
1/4/2020 10:28pm
I vote no penalty. He only cut about 10 feet of Track and it would have been more dangerous to try and spin the bike a second time around in a rhythm lane. That would have been more dangerous.
1/4/2020 10:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2020 10:32pm
Here is what I think the possible calls for blatantly cutting the track while not gaining a position could be.

Option #1: Do nothing. Not a great option especially with RC calling out the track cutting on live broadcast.

Option #2: He should be docked one position.

Option #3: He should lose the lap he cut the track on and be docked one lap.

Option #4: DQ for the whole race.

I think Option #2 is the most reasonable.
ts.p311
1/4/2020 10:30pm
I could be way off here, but would it make any sense to Black flag, and pull someone off the track in that situation? I get that might be overkill, but by letting him stay out there he can effect other riders race, when he's not even really battling for said position.
BS12
1/4/2020 10:32pm
Whatever it is will need to be something that can be/is consistently upheld for the rest of the season, with this incident as a reference.
toroP
1/4/2020 10:32pm
Radical wrote:
He didn’t have to enter the track. He was on the track, then rode the track backwards to exit the the track and cut to the next lane.

Ferrandis blew past AF then had to battle AF again after he cut the track.
Racer111
1/4/2020 10:35pm
ts.p311 wrote:
I could be way off here, but would it make any sense to Black flag, and pull someone off the track in that situation? I get...
I could be way off here, but would it make any sense to Black flag, and pull someone off the track in that situation? I get that might be overkill, but by letting him stay out there he can effect other riders race, when he's not even really battling for said position.
Welcome to your first day of Supercross. 🙄🙄

What a COMPLETELY asinine suggestion.
1/4/2020 10:38pm
If he cut five seconds worth of track, he shouldn't be docked just five seconds. Didnt he get right back on the track as Ferrandis was going by? Penalties are to discourage people from doing this shit. If the penalty matches the amount of time gained from cutting the track, you'll have others doing shit like this and putting riders at risk, because why not?

A five second advantage should get a ten second penalty.
VoR
1/4/2020 10:38pm
Having Dylan go by then cutting in front of him, they've got to throw something at him. All those dudes can spin a bike around in no time.
HusqFan3
1/4/2020 10:39pm
Radical wrote:
Enter where he exited? Haha. He existed the track voluntarily... And he’s a pro, he could spin that bike around on a dime If he wanted with a simple flick of the wrist...
Racer111
1/4/2020 10:41pm
If he cut five seconds worth of track, he shouldn't be docked [i]just[/i] five seconds. Didnt he get right back on the track as Ferrandis was...
If he cut five seconds worth of track, he shouldn't be docked just five seconds. Didnt he get right back on the track as Ferrandis was going by? Penalties are to discourage people from doing this shit. If the penalty matches the amount of time gained from cutting the track, you'll have others doing shit like this and putting riders at risk, because why not?

Sure! Let’s spin the bike around a second time in a rhythm lane with 18 dudes coming through. What could possibly go wrong?

This isn’t much different than last year when Cooper Webb cut the track last year to pass Tomac.
Crush
1/4/2020 10:42pm
In fact... if you're Geico and Star you might highlight that he not only cut the track, but also rode backwards on it...

Somewhere Glover is yelling!
Hoseclamp
Fantasy
632nd
1/4/2020 10:46pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2020 10:48pm
If he cut five seconds worth of track, he shouldn't be docked [i]just[/i] five seconds. Didnt he get right back on the track as Ferrandis was...

I agree with this theory, if a five sec advantage gets a five sec penalty whats the penalty? Maybe "guestemate" the time of track cut and double it as the penalty? Consistancy is key here at the beginning of the season when we're sure to see this sort of thing again.
toroP
1/4/2020 10:50pm

If AF would’ve rolled the single, and taken the corner, Ferrandis would’ve been gone, through the next corner, when AF made it to his track cut te-entry.
1/4/2020 10:51pm
He should be penalized a position at the very least. What precedent does it set if a rider can literally lop off a whole turn after looping out? Ridiculous. Austin needs to take the rap and get his head back in the game.
crockett
1/4/2020 10:51pm
What about rider safety? It was much safer for forkner to cut the track, if he had to re enter safely it could have caused a big pile up?
Although it barely looked like he checked for oncoming traffic

Post a reply to: Forkner and penalty

The Latest