Former World Champion racing Loretta Lynn's.......

APLMAN99
Edited Date/Time 8/4/2017 6:53am

|
mxjon454
8/3/2017 8:16pm
And.....? Theres also a former 125 national champ racing and a lot of people have thrown a fit about it, at least instagram. If former pros are racing a class that theyre allowed to race then by all means race. I understand why people are mad, but at the same time they are following the rules that are in place.
Ted722
8/3/2017 8:19pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2017 8:21pm
Awesome. 1982 Giant Slalom World Champ...

kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
8/3/2017 8:24pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2017 8:24pm
Did he race on his world championship skis?
APLMAN99
8/3/2017 8:24pm
mxjon454 wrote:
And.....? Theres also a former 125 national champ racing and a lot of people have thrown a fit about it, at least instagram. If former pros...
And.....? Theres also a former 125 national champ racing and a lot of people have thrown a fit about it, at least instagram. If former pros are racing a class that theyre allowed to race then by all means race. I understand why people are mad, but at the same time they are following the rules that are in place.
You must be fairly young.......

The Shop

Bultaco
8/4/2017 3:40am
The Mahre bothers always been pretty neat people very cool. Remember from a long time ago that they rode dirt bikes, but did not know that they were racing and at this level. Thanks for pointing it out.
Huckster
8/4/2017 4:30am
Thats awesome! Steve and Phil are good people. Spent some time with both of them back in my ski industry days and we would always talk moto. They were both passionate about it.
ns503
8/4/2017 4:48am
mxjon454 wrote:
And.....? Theres also a former 125 national champ racing and a lot of people have thrown a fit about it, at least instagram. If former pros...
Who's mad, dude?

This one went right over heads, whoooshhhh.....
APLMAN99
8/4/2017 5:53am
Bultaco wrote:
The Mahre bothers always been pretty neat people very cool. Remember from a long time ago that they rode dirt bikes, but did not know that...
The Mahre bothers always been pretty neat people very cool. Remember from a long time ago that they rode dirt bikes, but did not know that they were racing and at this level. Thanks for pointing it out.
I never met Steve or Phil, but I did meet a couple of their cousins many years ago and those dudes were absolutely crazy athletes. Crazy/good AND crazy/nutso!

The cousins' family used to, and may still for all I know, have orchards just south of Ellensburg on the N facing slope of Umptanum Ridge.
kott0n
Fantasy
3779th
8/4/2017 6:52am
I went to school with Mahre's kids. Small world.
kott0n
Fantasy
3779th
8/4/2017 6:53am
Bultaco wrote:
The Mahre bothers always been pretty neat people very cool. Remember from a long time ago that they rode dirt bikes, but did not know that...
APLMAN99 wrote:
I never met Steve or Phil, but I did meet a couple of their cousins many years ago and those dudes were absolutely crazy athletes. Crazy/good...
I never met Steve or Phil, but I did meet a couple of their cousins many years ago and those dudes were absolutely crazy athletes. Crazy/good AND crazy/nutso!

The cousins' family used to, and may still for all I know, have orchards just south of Ellensburg on the N facing slope of Umptanum Ridge.
Yep. Ellensburg canyon.
APLMAN99
8/4/2017 12:32pm
Bultaco wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
I never met Steve or Phil, but I did meet a couple of their cousins many years ago and those dudes were absolutely crazy athletes. Crazy/good...

kott0n wrote:
Yep. Ellensburg canyon.
Yeah, I think the orchard owner was Steve and Phil's uncle Tim. Can't remember the kids' names, but Toby seems about right. The orchard was just below I-82 as you headed up the hill.

Looks like Phil Mahre has a pretty cool place back in the canyon. Man made lake with some turnarounds, looks to be a water skiing pond or something.

When our local ski area was put up for sale about 10-12 years ago there was a rumor that the Mahre twins were putting a group together to buy it, but a guy out of Woodinville ended up purchasing it. I think that the Mahre rumor was just a rumor actually.

I'd always heard that the Mahre twins were such great athletes that they could have played at a high level in anything that they chose, and I don't doubt it.
8/4/2017 4:08pm
We pitted next to the Mahre family. Very personable. His bike ate a piston in moto one, but managed to rebuild it in time for the other motos.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
8/4/2017 5:09pm
We pitted next to the Mahre family. Very personable. His bike ate a piston in moto one, but managed to rebuild it in time for the...
We pitted next to the Mahre family. Very personable. His bike ate a piston in moto one, but managed to rebuild it in time for the other motos.
That sucks his bike let go first moto. What is he riding?

Post a reply to: Former World Champion racing Loretta Lynn's.......

The Latest