Fantasy
665th
Edited Date/Time 7/6/2017 3:10pm
|
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
7/6/2017 1:47pm
Not a big Honda guy here, but man thosw Geico bike's are sexy.
newmann
7/6/2017 3:10pm
Hard to imagine someone paying that for a bike that is several years old. How much trick stuff is left when they are sold? From a collectable standpoint, which race bikes would be the ones to try and snap up these days? It's not exactly the same as the real works bikes of old where everything was one off. I've seen some gems at the Fox HQ.

Oh how I wanted to find a tooth brush and some WD 40 to clean up that magnesium...

T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
7/6/2017 4:43pm
newmann wrote:
Hard to imagine someone paying that for a bike that is several years old. How much trick stuff is left when they are sold? From a...
Hard to imagine someone paying that for a bike that is several years old. How much trick stuff is left when they are sold? From a collectable standpoint, which race bikes would be the ones to try and snap up these days? It's not exactly the same as the real works bikes of old where everything was one off. I've seen some gems at the Fox HQ.

Oh how I wanted to find a tooth brush and some WD 40 to clean up that magnesium...

There's nothing trick left on them when they sell them. A guy I know bought KW's bike. Looked sweet as can be though!
Swann
7/6/2017 4:45pm
Won't have any of the trick suspension or motor stuff but that's still a good price for a very well maintained and "fresh" race bike.

The Shop

sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1957th
7/8/2017 3:58am
If it is legit, I think it is a good deal, you couldn't even buy a nice used stock bike and put half those parts on it for that price. If it was close to me it probably be in my collection lol!
onezeronine
7/9/2017 2:29am
I am from Minnesota and can tell you right now that the bike isn't a "factory" race bike. It was owned by CC and/or geico but definitely isn't a spec race bike they use.
7/9/2017 4:18am
newmann wrote:
Hard to imagine someone paying that for a bike that is several years old. How much trick stuff is left when they are sold? From a...

Toothbrush to clean the magnesium... Smile

I thought I heard you were a wire brush cleaning kind of guy, especially after a mud race. Evil
Mini Elsinore
7/9/2017 6:36am
newmann wrote:

Toothbrush to clean the magnesium... Smile

I thought I heard you were a wire brush cleaning kind of guy, especially after a mud race. Evil
We are going to need a picture of wire brush cleaning going on. Wink
mxb2
7/9/2017 6:56am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
If it is legit, I think it is a good deal, you couldn't even buy a nice used stock bike and put half those parts on...
If it is legit, I think it is a good deal, you couldn't even buy a nice used stock bike and put half those parts on it for that price. If it was close to me it probably be in my collection lol!
It's a crf with some nice parts that anyone can buy.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
7/9/2017 7:36am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
If it is legit, I think it is a good deal, you couldn't even buy a nice used stock bike and put half those parts on...
mxb2 wrote:
It would not be hard to buy similar bikes and make em look the same for less money. This will likely sell to someone with a hard on for CC or just a collector. Non the less, that is one good looking dirtbike. Wouldnt it be a shame to have to be the first out on a local race day for a warm up in a nice, wet loamy track ? Leave staging pinned and hanging off the back, 2 strokes or 4, fuck ya!
mxb2
7/9/2017 8:21am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
imoto34 wrote:
It would not be hard to buy similar bikes and make em look the same for less money. This will likely sell to someone with a...
It would not be hard to buy similar bikes and make em look the same for less money. This will likely sell to someone with a hard on for CC or just a collector. Non the less, that is one good looking dirtbike. Wouldnt it be a shame to have to be the first out on a local race day for a warm up in a nice, wet loamy track ? Leave staging pinned and hanging off the back, 2 strokes or 4, fuck ya!
Agreed, good bike to have ride or collect.
7/9/2017 8:57am
Nice ,clean bike. Agreed it's not trick but Honda's just look good. The problem for this gentlemen, myself or any other old guy is that the "NEW" models come out which makes the value drop drastically.
I have $4500 in parts alone on my 12 RMZ450 with 18 hours and I'd be lucky to get $4500 for the bike. Dizzy

Post a reply to: Former factory pro bike for sale

The Latest