Fox Raceway - Under Construction

Fox Raceway is rebuilding their Main track and are bringing back a new Amateur track. Here's a quick preview of their work in progress highlighting some features on the main layout.

|
10/30/2019 11:42am Edited Date/Time 10/30/2019 11:49am
Excellent. That amatuer track lay out is so tired, there isn't any good dirt left over there.
Just added an edit of the amateur track layout. It looks like its gonna be so fun. When i was there they were digging new water lines to route back by the amateur, so i'm suspecting that will help a lot with the dirt back there.
sandman768
10/30/2019 12:02pm
I rode the vet track yesterday.... First time there....I had a good time....
SrfNdirt
10/30/2019 12:12pm
Hmmm, do you know if it'll be done for this weekend?

The Shop

ledger
10/30/2019 12:25pm
Few parts of the main track look extremely fast. Good on Fox Raceway for their efforts.
xrmark
10/30/2019 12:38pm
They need to x the amateur track and leave the main long. Make pala great again
10/30/2019 4:54pm
xrmark wrote:
AMEN
Quality>Quantity
I think X that whole layout to begin with.
Silas444
10/30/2019 5:07pm
Wow, motocross sure has come a long way. Back when I was young, we had to built tracks in green, lush areas that had hills and grass and shade trees to rest under. Sounds horrible, I know, but it was all we had. Nowadays, you lucky guys get to ride on the moon!!! Wait - that is the moon, isn't it?
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
10/30/2019 5:18pm Edited Date/Time 10/30/2019 5:22pm
Silas444 wrote:
Wow, motocross sure has come a long way. Back when I was young, we had to built tracks in green, lush areas that had hills and...
Wow, motocross sure has come a long way. Back when I was young, we had to built tracks in green, lush areas that had hills and grass and shade trees to rest under. Sounds horrible, I know, but it was all we had. Nowadays, you lucky guys get to ride on the moon!!! Wait - that is the moon, isn't it?
Just move out here. You know you want too. No snow, humidity, black flies, mosquitoes, rain, mud season and massholes.

75 degrees most everyday and tons of tracks to ride.
10/30/2019 5:44pm
Silas444 wrote:
Wow, motocross sure has come a long way. Back when I was young, we had to built tracks in green, lush areas that had hills and...
In order to have luscious green areas with grass and trees, you need plentiful amounts of rain. It rains here like 5-10 times a year. The flip side is that tracks are open all year round.
Silas444
10/30/2019 7:40pm
Myke wrote:
Just move out here. You know you want too. No snow, humidity, black flies, mosquitoes, rain, mud season and massholes. 75 degrees most everyday and tons...
Just move out here. You know you want too. No snow, humidity, black flies, mosquitoes, rain, mud season and massholes.

I'll certainly agree with you regarding the Massholes, but they rarely make it up to where I am, so I think I'll just stay put. I mean, 75 degrees every day? Man, that's just too damn hot.
BobbyM
10/30/2019 8:38pm
Silas444 wrote:
Fantastic post. Back then we didn't make tracks, we found them and rode on them.
Brent
11/1/2019 3:38pm
Silas444 wrote:
Myke wrote:
Just move out here. You know you want too. No snow, humidity, black flies, mosquitoes, rain, mud season and massholes. 75 degrees most everyday and tons...

All his neighbors DID move out here, that is why we don't have tracks in the hills any more, there re all covered with houses bought by back east transplants...
11/1/2019 4:08pm
Myke wrote:

Yes, I was just thinking how awesome California was yesterday when I got to fill up my wife's minivan and had the privilege of paying ~$4.00 a gallon for 87 octane. California gas is WAY better than that crap gas you guys get in other states for $2.30 a gallon. Plus all the homeless people are really nice to have around (literally everywhere you go). They give me more confidence in the status of my own personal hygiene... Wink
RMT
11/1/2019 4:58pm
Yes, I was just thinking how awesome California was yesterday when I got to fill up my wife's minivan and had the privilege of paying ~$4.00...
Yes, I was just thinking how awesome California was yesterday when I got to fill up my wife's minivan and had the privilege of paying ~$4.00 a gallon for 87 octane. California gas is WAY better than that crap gas you guys get in other states for $2.30 a gallon. Plus all the homeless people are really nice to have around (literally everywhere you go). They give me more confidence in the status of my own personal hygiene... Wink
Then Move! The US is still a free country and you can move freely within its borders.

Funny thing is that many of the homeless people in California came from somewhere else.

mxracer71
Fantasy
2442nd
11/2/2019 8:54pm
Silas444 wrote:
Myke wrote:

obvisiouly you dont live in east sd. In cali where all the moto tracks are, 8 months out of the year its 90+ and summer time is 100-110. So unless you live in la jolla or somewhere over there by the ocean its nice. Dont let this guy fool you, california is summer and mild summer.
kawboy627
11/3/2019 2:15am
Silas444 wrote:
Myke wrote:

Brent wrote:
All his neighbors DID move out here, that is why we don't have tracks in the hills any more, there re all covered with houses bought...
All his neighbors DID move out here, that is why we don't have tracks in the hills any more, there re all covered with houses bought by back east transplants...
Just imagine how Texans feel about Californians flocking in and trying to make us play by California rules. Having historical statues removed, Trying to ruin 2nd amendment, making a whole city turn into a complete shit hole (Austin), you name it!
OLDMOTO
11/3/2019 11:09am Edited Date/Time 11/3/2019 11:54am
xrmark wrote:
AMEN
Quality>Quantity
Riding here today (Sunday). The vet track is unchanged.

The main track completely new and pretty good. It's a high speed sections and lots of jumps. I was getting in the way so Ill ride it more later in the day.

The amature track is not very good yet. They clearly didn't put much thought into it. It has one of the most dangerous, irresponsible things I have ever seen on a track. The right hand turn at the top of the first up hill has two lines. A elevated super tight inside line thats about 8ft above the outside line, and it's edge drops straight off in to the outside line. The out side line is blind and makes a super tight right.

It is a kill zone waiting to happen. You would have to see it to believe it. I was in the outside line. A guy shot through the inside turn, off the edge and came accross the top off my handlebars at a 90° angle. His rear wheel was in my face. He was screaming. Just missed me by an inch. I hope I'm wrong but something bad is going to happen there if they don't fix it.

I called Pala and asked to speak with the track manager to warn him. They told me they don't have a manger on weekends. I explained the dangerous problem to the man I was talking to but nothing was done. From the parking lot I've watched two other riders miss the turn and go over the top.

I hope no one gets hurt.
xrmark
11/3/2019 8:22pm
xrmark wrote:
AMEN
Quality>Quantity
OLDMOTO wrote:
Riding here today (Sunday). The vet track is unchanged. The main track completely new and pretty good. It's a high speed sections and lots of jumps...
Riding here today (Sunday). The vet track is unchanged.

The main track completely new and pretty good. It's a high speed sections and lots of jumps. I was getting in the way so Ill ride it more later in the day.

The amature track is not very good yet. They clearly didn't put much thought into it. It has one of the most dangerous, irresponsible things I have ever seen on a track. The right hand turn at the top of the first up hill has two lines. A elevated super tight inside line thats about 8ft above the outside line, and it's edge drops straight off in to the outside line. The out side line is blind and makes a super tight right.

It is a kill zone waiting to happen. You would have to see it to believe it. I was in the outside line. A guy shot through the inside turn, off the edge and came accross the top off my handlebars at a 90° angle. His rear wheel was in my face. He was screaming. Just missed me by an inch. I hope I'm wrong but something bad is going to happen there if they don't fix it.

I called Pala and asked to speak with the track manager to warn him. They told me they don't have a manger on weekends. I explained the dangerous problem to the man I was talking to but nothing was done. From the parking lot I've watched two other riders miss the turn and go over the top.

I hope no one gets hurt.
thats the mentality to not have. "I was getting in the way". No one is ever in the way. You payed an entry fee like the rest of us. Ride the good tracks, hold your line, fast dudes know how to go around people.

Post a reply to: Fox Raceway - Under Construction

The Latest