Related:
Create New Tag
68 68
9/4/2017 11:55 PM

I miss the days of the top guys having there own programs, Chad, RC, JS

I feel like everybody in the top 20 is bro's with each other, Alot the top guys train with each other - Where are the rivalries in our sport?

I think it creates boring racing, I mean who is gonna takeout their Monday training partner?

The best we had all year was JA's tweet about Roczen after A1 conference and a couple small digs over IG...

thoughts?

hyler199 hyler199
9/5/2017 12:16 AM

very true, i mean the rivalries were cool and all but i never really invested too much stock on those vibes. I mean i like when they battle aggressively on the track in a semi safe manner but off track antics is wtvr to me.

I think rivalries form with there being a couple GREAT riders competing at the same time. JS7, RC4, CR22, KW14 battles will never be the same. RV2 and Dung had an softspoken rivalry as Dung has admitted he didnt like to be 2nd but RV2s only choice to beat Dung is to literally win every race cause Dung will be right there in 2nd place.

We need 3 to 5 more 250 riders to bump to the 450s and i think that season will be epic. I also like Jason Anderson out there on the track. We need that guy, some people dont like him but i bet you fucks miss him when hes gone420

Fearo Fearo
9/5/2017 1:13 AM

Could not disagree more. Riders hating on each other for no reason other than their ego (see Mcgregor vs Mayweather) is the last thing we need.

Racing hard and being able to shake a guy's hand afterwards is the epitome of a true sportsman in my opinion.

*Anyone but Reed or Webb Crew*

kkawboy14 kkawboy14
9/5/2017 1:15 AM

Blake Baggett didn't make many friends

Bosco Bosco
9/5/2017 1:39 AM
Fearo wrote:

Could not disagree more. ...more

Couldn't agree more. I'm a fan of motocross, not drama. It's unnecessary.

Rowlands Rowlands
9/5/2017 1:47 AM

Barcia likes making friends on track.

Goodoldbloke Goodoldbloke
9/5/2017 2:26 AM

They are still rivals, but most of them are also true gentlemens. Think about it.

Also, violence and bad manners is'nt sports.
Last real incident was Weston Peick vs Vince Friese, for me that is a immidiate disqualify and maybe lifetime banned from supercross on Weston. Fuck that shit.

I do though think MMA and etc is good though, the rules are simple beat eachother as much as possible under safe circumstances and they are both in on it.

Edit: But dont we still hear from now and then, I can remember Cooper Webb #2 wasnt happy about Bowers some year ago.

ruy ruy
9/5/2017 8:35 AM

Osborne also is not happy with Bowers

hellbillyohio hellbillyohio
9/5/2017 8:40 AM

This thread made me think of Tyler Evans

ruy ruy
9/5/2017 8:40 AM

Herlings is in the same category as Cairoli and the same team, KTM, but he is with 250 riders with Joel Smets and not with Claudio de Carli

Park Boys Park Boys
9/5/2017 8:43 AM
kkawboy14 wrote:

Blake Baggett didn't make ...more

He has back tracked quite a bit though but he has had to racing with one hand.

ruy ruy
9/5/2017 8:44 AM

SKlein SKlein
9/5/2017 8:48 AM

Hopefully Webb can get back to the top so we can get more Marvin vs Cooper battles.

Might order a pizza, take a nap, doesn't really matter.

ruy ruy
9/5/2017 8:49 AM

GuyB GuyB
9/5/2017 1:52 PM

As much as we'd like to see good battles, riders stuffing each other in every corner, and fire-breathing rivalries, I also get the need for some restraint.

We don't often see corner-after-corner of passing and repassing. Very often it devolves into a brake-checking slow race, like some of the Herlings/Cairoli examples above. (And yes, it happens here, too.)

But as the speeds and skill have gone up, so have the risks. No one wants to land on someone else, or be the one that gets landed on. There has to be at least a minimum level of trust (and yes, respect), among the riders.

I don't think it's all flowers and rainbows out there, but if everyone is in full attack mode every weekend, there are going to be a whole lot more short(er) careers.

dsmith dsmith
9/5/2017 2:18 PM

what about peick beating vince?.....tomac flipping someone off?...Anderson falling down shoving people?

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

Acidreamer Acidreamer
9/5/2017 2:22 PM

Drama brings attention.

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

peelout peelout
9/5/2017 2:33 PM

i rode with my buddies all the time away from the races, but when it came time to race i wouldn't hesitate to put them on the ground if i had to. too many pussies that don't crossfit today bro.

JohnMatrix JohnMatrix
9/5/2017 3:38 PM

I don't think we really need rivalries as in having a rift between riders, but I do think promoters of the sport need to play up the ideas of rivalries. These are the things that often draw folks who know nothing about a sport into watching it. Marketing for motocross and supercross to the masses is pathetic and conservative. If the sport needs money, something different has to be done to market the competition between teams and individuals. People who know little about a sport need to at least have something to latch onto to gain interest. Sorry, getting carried away here...

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry