Friese

hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
Edited Date/Time 3/5/2018 2:52pm
I heard a small blurb on the broadcast about Friese being DQed for running a back up bike. Anyone know the story? I dont remember him wadding up the bike in the first race, so not sure why the need for a backup. I apologize if this has already been discussed.
|
3/4/2018 10:04am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 10:09am
Hopefully he was DQed for holding up Anderson on the last lap of the first race when he was being lapped

You can hold a guy up for your team mate when your fighting for position not a lap down.....
mxb2
3/4/2018 10:05am
hartebreak wrote:
I heard a small blurb on the broadcast about Friese being DQed for running a back up bike. Anyone know the story? I dont remember him...
I heard a small blurb on the broadcast about Friese being DQed for running a back up bike. Anyone know the story? I dont remember him wadding up the bike in the first race, so not sure why the need for a backup. I apologize if this has already been discussed.
It didnt go thru tech inspection ,
brocster
3/4/2018 10:19am
Was there not enough time between motos to get his inspected bike fixed???
bd
3/4/2018 3:53pm
brocster wrote:
Bingo. What to it happens to a contender

The Shop

3/4/2018 4:05pm
brocster wrote:
That's the first thing I thought of. After the first triple crown Mitch Payton said there needs to be more time in between races in case things go bad. And on the Pulp show one week Berluti said the same thing so I really hope that wasn't the case but one has to assume it was.

Are they allowed to tech two bikes? If not maybe they should allow that only for the triple crown? IMO you can't DQ someone for that if there wasn't enough time to get the bike ready.
3/4/2018 4:15pm
Another rule designed to help privateers that’s ends up hurting them. Cheaper to have a spare bike than the facilities to do a full motor swap in 45 minutes.
hamncheeze
3/4/2018 4:45pm
Hopefully he was DQed for holding up Anderson on the last lap of the first race when he was being lapped You can hold a guy...
Hopefully he was DQed for holding up Anderson on the last lap of the first race when he was being lapped

You can hold a guy up for your team mate when your fighting for position not a lap down.....
I just re-watched 450 Main #1 since the livestream took a crap last night for the start of it. Brayton's win was awesome and I'm pumped for him, but Friese was absolutely shameful in holding up Anderson. He rolls the rhythm lane while Brayton comes by, looks back and then wicks it up to stay in front of JA21 and even cross jumps him a bit.

If he had issues and didn't race the rest of the night, fine by me. That guy will never learn how to be sporting and a fair competitor out there. Tigers don't change....
bvm111
3/4/2018 5:09pm
Hopefully he was DQed for holding up Anderson on the last lap of the first race when he was being lapped You can hold a guy...

hamncheeze wrote:
I just re-watched 450 Main #1 since the livestream took a crap last night for the start of it. Brayton's win was awesome and I'm pumped...
I just re-watched 450 Main #1 since the livestream took a crap last night for the start of it. Brayton's win was awesome and I'm pumped for him, but Friese was absolutely shameful in holding up Anderson. He rolls the rhythm lane while Brayton comes by, looks back and then wicks it up to stay in front of JA21 and even cross jumps him a bit.

If he had issues and didn't race the rest of the night, fine by me. That guy will never learn how to be sporting and a fair competitor out there. Tigers don't change....
So you never help anyone out at work, you know ... to be a team player so to speak?
mx617
3/4/2018 6:05pm
brocster wrote:
bd wrote:
Bingo. What to it happens to a contender
The contender sits out moto 2 and buys the extra time to finish the motor swap. Assuming it wasn't done in time anyway.
hamncheeze
3/4/2018 6:06pm
bvm111 wrote:
So you never help anyone out at work, you know ... to be a team player so to speak?
What's the old adage again...."You're getting lapped, you're no longer in the race". Friese and the 800 have given MotoConcepts a massive black eye with their inability to see the colour blue. Go back through the history of that team with those 2 clowns and you can find so many examples of them ignoring the blue flag and RACING the guys lapping them. It's absolute BS, and the tactic last night was so very obvious. I still think JB10 wins without Vince's assist, but I would have like to see if El Hombre could have ran it in for the W. But good old eff-tard Friese denied us.

And I'm not a team player bro, I'm retired.
Akira
3/4/2018 7:38pm
Give Friese a break, stop bullying the guy. He's still there doing his best and JA won anyway. Yeap Friese is the perfect bullying target and he hasn't help himself a bit but we gotta respect the fact that he still there doing wayyyyy better than any of us.
3/4/2018 9:36pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 9:38pm
bvm111 wrote:
You can be a team player if you have skin in the game.... if your in second place holding off third so your teammate can take home the win that's helping a co-worker out but blocking a lap down is horse sh$t. Factory Husky give me a call; I wont be in title contention ever but i promise to be lapped (more then once) and i will make sure I slow down anyone that gets close to your prize winner. I'm surprised Ralph/Emig didn't accidentally think 17th place was battling with 2nd to the flag since Anderson was on a charge then magically had another Honda in front of him. These guys are in the premier class; playing dumb doesn't work anymore...Well at least it shouldn't.

It also stole the thunder I had for Brayton's ride because it went from earned to potentially handed and after seeing his second moto performance I'm thinking there was a good chance JA could have done a last turn upset on him.
hamncheeze
3/4/2018 9:47pm
Akira wrote:
Give Friese a break, stop bullying the guy. He's still there doing his best and JA won anyway. Yeap Friese is the perfect bullying target and...
Give Friese a break, stop bullying the guy. He's still there doing his best and JA won anyway. Yeap Friese is the perfect bullying target and he hasn't help himself a bit but we gotta respect the fact that he still there doing wayyyyy better than any of us.
If we are bullying Friese then what do we call Peick at A1 in 2016?
mx317
3/5/2018 3:53am
It looked like Davalos did the same to Hampshire in the 250s and allowed Fortner to pass him. This gave Fortner the win.
MelonFan123
3/5/2018 11:02am
did Friese crash in the first main? why did they need the back up bike?
lumpy790
3/5/2018 11:35am
did Friese crash in the first main? why did they need the back up bike?
I remember his bike was missing the rear fender so would guess frame damage too.

Team manager should file an appeal IMO it would be the right thing to do to get it turned around.

I dont think I have ever seen a team or rider take more than 1 bike through tech before. They now make them go through with a different 2nd muffler on the same bike.
gt80rider
3/5/2018 1:11pm
109 wrote:
Another rule designed to help privateers that’s ends up hurting them. Cheaper to have a spare bike than the facilities to do a full motor swap...
Another rule designed to help privateers that’s ends up hurting them. Cheaper to have a spare bike than the facilities to do a full motor swap in 45 minutes.
I am a 2 smoke guy, what would be a fast time for switching out a 4 stroke motor? I have never tried to do that in a hurry, but with a couple practice runs I feel like a could swap out a smoker in under 45 minutes by myself with just a handful of basic tools.
BobbyM
3/5/2018 2:50pm
109 wrote:
Another rule designed to help privateers that’s ends up hurting them. Cheaper to have a spare bike than the facilities to do a full motor swap...
gt80rider wrote:
I am a 2 smoke guy, what would be a fast time for switching out a 4 stroke motor? I have never tried to do that...
I am a 2 smoke guy, what would be a fast time for switching out a 4 stroke motor? I have never tried to do that in a hurry, but with a couple practice runs I feel like a could swap out a smoker in under 45 minutes by myself with just a handful of basic tools.
With harbor freight powers tools under ten minutes.
Motofinne
3/5/2018 2:52pm
I think it's 100% amateur hour that the teams and the riders are only allowed one bike.

Riders in small national championships have 2 bikes, sometimes 3.

Post a reply to: Friese

The Latest