Full Resto-Mod Honda CR250 Two Stroke Build

mXrevival
Edited Date/Time 12/9/2018 3:01am
What's up guys/ girls

Wanted to drop in and let the fine people at Vital know what I've got cooking right now with this CR250R.

I have wanted to do a build / giveaway forever & now it's going down! Very exciting & a ton of fun.

After seeing & participating in a Bay Chapter OTHG CRF450R raffle earlier this year, I decided to launch my own bike build & giveaway in the same fashion.

My buddy Justin actually ended up winning the CRF450R and I've never seen such a priceless look on someones face/ disbelief & I've never herd his wife scream so damn loud- before, or since!

Here's a little more info regarding the bike build...

The Bike:

-2002 CR250R, frame up resto. Highly customized & fully rebuilt. No stone un-turned.

I'm currently in the mid build stages and have about 1.5 months left or so before I select & announce a winner. I've also been doing a ton of fun giveaways via the @mXrevival Instagram page along the way.

Top end kits, handmade seats, graphics kits, plastic kits, custom Cerakote, mXrevival hats, now goggles are upcoming from Flowvision in the coming weeks & a full engine rebuild kit is on deck too.

Just fun, all free, no catch... Did I mention I am psychotic about motorcycles? No? Oh, well.... there it is

The Sponsors that have joined & have already been announced publicly are:

-Boyesen (Rad Valve, covers, exh flange)
-Bolt Motorcycle Hardware (pro pack, body fasteners, axle adjusters, etc)
-SM Pro Platinum (Trick & light wheel set)
-Lectron Fuel Systems (38HV Carb)
-ZR Throttle (cnc throttle w/ bearings)
-Apex Coatings (cerakote on brake systems, engine parts, powder coating, fork lugs, shock body, etc)
-Ride JBI (full rebuild & re-valve of fork and shock for MX)
-Haeseker Racing Engines (full rebuild of engine, vapor honed, transmission micro-polished)
-Langston Motorsports (OEM gaskets , bearings and seals for engine)
-VHM (racing cylinder head w/ interchangeable insert)
-DP Motorsports (triple clamps, only 10 sets EVER made for CR250! Incorporates HPSD capability & new number plate mounting as well)
-ICW Radiator (fixed OEM's)

Not yet showcased/ upcoming product announcements are:

-Mika
-No Toil
-Fresh Moto (formery Rub-It Decals, remember him?)
-All balls
-Pivot Works

More to come!!!

You're all welcome to check out the first round of mentions by way of photos, on Instagram. All the build photos are there, in nice high res photos. Before & afters, etc...

I'd also love to hear your thoughts, and would be happy to answer any questions that you may have.

If you'd like to view any other media related to this build, or enter to win the CR250R:

www.MXREVIVAL.com

@mXrevival on Instagram

-mXrevival on YouTube

-mXrevival on facebook

Email Charles@mXrevival.com

Thanks for reading,

Charles Lytle
mXrevival
|
ledger
12/6/2018 10:17pm
Props to you and the sponsors. Very cool.

The Shop

mXrevival
12/6/2018 10:21pm
ledger wrote:
Props to you and the sponsors. Very cool.
Thanks Ledger!

Years ago, I remember watching this kid push his old KX125 to the track (408MX RIP) from some busted houses nearby. He'd ride until his bike broke then push it back home.

Always though "man I want to hook him up, that's impressive" so I guess, this build is a bit of finally getting to do it for someone.

Thanks for the kind words.
H4L
12/6/2018 11:58pm
Hey Charles,
I can't commend you & the sponsors enough on this very, very awesome project. Hopefully someone who is in need of a bike wins it.
It's a shame that 408MX is closed as it was about 10-15 minutes from my house.
Have 4 of these 3rd gen AF CR250's with some extra parts that I can donate to a good cause like this. Send me a PM if you need parts. I might have it as a spare.
scrubbin
12/7/2018 3:42am
I don't understand the raffle. You say that I can enter for free but on the raffle page it say's tickets are $100.00. So if I buy a $100.00 ticket someone that enters for free can win the bike or is the winner a person that buys a $100 ticket?
mXrevival
12/7/2018 6:41am
H4L wrote:
Hey Charles, I can't commend you & the sponsors enough on this very, very awesome project. Hopefully someone who is in need of a bike wins...
Hey Charles,
I can't commend you & the sponsors enough on this very, very awesome project. Hopefully someone who is in need of a bike wins it.
It's a shame that 408MX is closed as it was about 10-15 minutes from my house.
Have 4 of these 3rd gen AF CR250's with some extra parts that I can donate to a good cause like this. Send me a PM if you need parts. I might have it as a spare.
That is too cool!

I appreciate that greatly. Hoping the same thing! Thanks for the kind words. It's been such a good time doing this and building up relations with some of the guys I really admire in the industry.

Man I miss 408 so much.... Club & Diablo have been great for the most part at least. Do you ever get out to those tracks now?

Let me know if you do.. In fact, we will be at Diablo this Saturday.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
12/7/2018 6:47am
How many times has Shelby entered already? Laughing
mXrevival
12/7/2018 6:59am
ML512 wrote:
How many times has Shelby entered already? Laughing
Haha!

That's too funny. Right? Considering how badly he wants a Honda 2 stroke...

WHERE YOU AT GIN GIN?

I noticed he doesn't even have a bike in one of the latest Vital photos.... Looks to be in the riding position though Silly
H4L
12/7/2018 7:34am
mXrevival wrote:
That is too cool! I appreciate that greatly. Hoping the same thing! Thanks for the kind words. It's been such a good time doing this and...
That is too cool!

I appreciate that greatly. Hoping the same thing! Thanks for the kind words. It's been such a good time doing this and building up relations with some of the guys I really admire in the industry.

Man I miss 408 so much.... Club & Diablo have been great for the most part at least. Do you ever get out to those tracks now?

Let me know if you do.. In fact, we will be at Diablo this Saturday.
I haven't been to either of those tracks in a while & need to make the trip out that way. Have Christmas stuff going on with the wife & family this weekend. Hoping to do some cardio laps on Sat. morning for about a 1/2 hr at the Metcalf tracks. It's convenient since it's about a 20 minutes drive. Enjoy your ride !
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
12/7/2018 7:53am
scrubbin wrote:
I don't understand the raffle. You say that I can enter for free but on the raffle page it say's tickets are $100.00. So if I...
I don't understand the raffle. You say that I can enter for free but on the raffle page it say's tickets are $100.00. So if I buy a $100.00 ticket someone that enters for free can win the bike or is the winner a person that buys a $100 ticket?
also confused on that.
jbrass715
12/7/2018 8:01am
Where was you able to get the VHM head? I couldn't find them when I was looking
mXrevival
12/7/2018 8:16am
jbrass715 wrote:
Where was you able to get the VHM head? I couldn't find them when I was looking
This one was supplied straight from VHM Netherlands for the project BUT, I am also a dealer.

I can be reached via contact link any time on the mXrevival website.

They are on backorder once in a while but still in production.
mXrevival
12/7/2018 8:21am Edited Date/Time 12/7/2018 8:22am
scrubbin wrote:
I don't understand the raffle. You say that I can enter for free but on the raffle page it say's tickets are $100.00. So if I...
The official contest rules can be viewed via the website. Thanks Scrubbin!

Have an excellent weekend & ride safe!
12/7/2018 9:00am
scrubbin wrote:
mXrevival wrote:
The official contest rules can be viewed via the website. Thanks Scrubbin!

Have an excellent weekend & ride safe!
Or, you could just explain here that there's nothing free about it....

"I have wanted to do a build / giveaway forever & now it's going down! Very exciting & a ton of fun."

"Just fun, all free, no catch... "

So is it a giveaway/free or not?
mXrevival
12/7/2018 9:41am Edited Date/Time 12/7/2018 4:26pm
You are fabricating your own version & twisting verbage up between the "giveaway" of fun & free moto parts VS the actual "raffle".

Read more slowly. It will give you a fighting chance at being right.

I created this post to share something fun & special with guys who ride & love bikes on a similar level.

They take a lot of time, planning, energy, funding, and in some cases the perfect circumstance to pull off.

If you cannot take the time to review the contest verbage, on your own and come at me with just a little more tact, then please know you've not earned enough of my respect to warrant the answers you seek to forcefully pry from me.

It's unfortunate that there are some guys so jaded that I cannot share this with them the way it was intended to be shared.

The answers are literally right in your hands.

To everyone else with positive feedback & those excited about this gig... This is for you. Means a ton to me.

Be safe on your motos this weekend guys!

-Charles

langhammx
Fantasy
455th
12/7/2018 10:02am
mXrevival wrote:
You are fabricating your own version & twisting verbage up between the "giveaway" of fun & free moto parts VS the actual "raffle". Read more slowly...
You are fabricating your own version & twisting verbage up between the "giveaway" of fun & free moto parts VS the actual "raffle".

I created this post to share something fun & special with guys who ride & love bikes on a similar level.

They take a lot of time, planning, energy, funding, and in some cases the perfect circumstance to pull off.

If you cannot take the time to review the contest verbage, on your own and come at me with just a little more tact, then please know you've not earned enough of my respect to warrant the answers you seek to forcefully pry from me.

It's unfortunate that there are some guys so jaded that I cannot share this with them the way it was intended to be shared.

To everyone else with positive feedback & those excited about this gig... This is for you. Means a ton to me.

-Charles

Charles,
To be fair... I copy/pasted this from your first post-

“I'd also love to hear your thoughts, and would be happy to answer any questions that you may have”.

I realize that MxRacerCam didn’t just ask a question, but you could have just answered the question, without all the extra verbiage. It was a little confusing if you don’t follow social media and just read your post. Just sayin’... Wink

Congrats on what you’re doing, sounds like a lot of work on your part.
ga_pike
12/7/2018 10:19am
I got this:

"You may enter this raffle without a purchase or donation. A purchase or donation will not increase your odds of winning. To obtain a free entry, send in a postcard or letter with your contact information to: mXrevival , mXrevival's 2002 Honda CR250R Bike Build & Giveaway #ProjectGunShow - "AME" , 1177 North Linder Rd. #139, Kuna, Idaho 83634. Requests for mail-in entries must be received prior to the drawing on February 1, 2019. Stated ticket limits apply equally to purchased tickets and mail-in entries."

Not sure how difficult it was to just share that as the answer instead of being a jerk about it.
mXrevival
12/7/2018 10:21am
mXrevival wrote:
You are fabricating your own version & twisting verbage up between the "giveaway" of fun & free moto parts VS the actual "raffle". Read more slowly...

-Charles

langhammx wrote:
Charles, To be fair... I copy/pasted this from your first post- “I'd also love to hear your thoughts, and would be happy to answer any questions...
Charles,
To be fair... I copy/pasted this from your first post-

“I'd also love to hear your thoughts, and would be happy to answer any questions that you may have”.

I realize that MxRacerCam didn’t just ask a question, but you could have just answered the question, without all the extra verbiage. It was a little confusing if you don’t follow social media and just read your post. Just sayin’... Wink

Congrats on what you’re doing, sounds like a lot of work on your part.
You know what, you're right 100%.

I get frustrated when people try to forcefully pry what they want to hear out of others for momentary satisfaction. I'll stand my ground on that. But, overkill on my end yes.

Thanks for leveling me out. My stubborn side got the best of me.

As for the work, I love it to death so it never feels like work.

I hope from here on out it can be enjoyed by others too.

Thanks for the reply!

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
12/7/2018 10:21am Edited Date/Time 12/7/2018 10:23am
scrubbin wrote:
Open to legal US residents of all 50 States only.

$100 ticket/donation OR Free.

mXrevival
12/7/2018 10:24am
ga_pike wrote:
I got this: "You may enter this raffle without a purchase or donation. A purchase or donation will not increase your odds of winning. To obtain...
I got this:

"You may enter this raffle without a purchase or donation. A purchase or donation will not increase your odds of winning. To obtain a free entry, send in a postcard or letter with your contact information to: mXrevival , mXrevival's 2002 Honda CR250R Bike Build & Giveaway #ProjectGunShow - "AME" , 1177 North Linder Rd. #139, Kuna, Idaho 83634. Requests for mail-in entries must be received prior to the drawing on February 1, 2019. Stated ticket limits apply equally to purchased tickets and mail-in entries."

Not sure how difficult it was to just share that as the answer instead of being a jerk about it.
I like you, you took your time to read.

Thanks for going the extra mile also posting it here.

12/7/2018 10:25am
ga_pike wrote:
I got this: "You may enter this raffle without a purchase or donation. A purchase or donation will not increase your odds of winning. To obtain...
I got this:

Thanks GA!
ga_pike
12/7/2018 10:27am Edited Date/Time 12/7/2018 10:28am
ga_pike wrote:
I got this:

mXrevival wrote:
I like you, you took your time to read.

Thanks for going the extra mile also posting it here.

It's cool. I'm more of an asshole than a jerk. But we all have off days.

Good luck with your contest!
mXrevival
12/7/2018 4:22pm
so if I win you give me a $100?Silly
Actually not a horrible ideaCool it'll pay the taxes on the big W!
12/8/2018 3:17pm
It's probably because I'm getting old but man, the world sure seems to be getting more complicated every day.
H4L
12/8/2018 4:53pm
It's probably because I'm getting old but man, the world sure seems to be getting more complicated every day.
You're not alone in that thought process. I think social media is a double edge sword. In this case It's sad to see a member doing something positive for the moto community, yet it somehow turns into some negativity.

Post a reply to: Full Resto-Mod Honda CR250 Two Stroke Build

The Latest