Gary Jones not happy with His Bikes & memorabilia being sold without his Permission?

CalRMX
2/6/2020 10:09am
Honestly, doesn't matter. They're her bikes. She can sell them for whatever reason she wants to whoever she wants.
It would appear that it was done in a very underhanded fashion
500guy
2/6/2020 10:11am
He just knows the best way to get this post deleted is to make it political.
BobbyM
2/6/2020 10:33am
500guy wrote:
He just knows the best way to get this post deleted is to make it political.
What's Gman gotta say about this?
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
2/6/2020 11:03am
They are more than likely going to the international motocross museum that is opening soon along with lots of other works bikes from around the world , Hannahs, DeCosters, Tripes, joel roberts etc etc the list is endless. What kills me is the Vitards that just make up their own "facts" when they don't know shit they just pile on. Terry Good has spend over a million dollars of his money building a museum and doing it the right way. I am sure the dick heads that make up their own facts and then pile on will go to the museum when it opens and bitch because they have to pay to enter. Jones says he is upset with his family members and he may have a right to be but nobody here knows all the fact and I doubt they know any to begin with.

The Shop

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
2/6/2020 11:59am
Nothing brings family together quite like a disappointed heir.
anniebertmojo
2/6/2020 1:13pm
No titles... works bikes. Most likely sold as a Bill of Sale. Gary rode them since they were his bikes from the factory's. Don Jones was contracted to help build them. Remember back then times were different so legal contracts were not like they are today and how finances were transferred.

Sounds like they have been tried to be purchased multiple times in the past but GJ always said no. Which I wouldn't blame him since there is a personal connection to them. And they were true works bike from that era.

Seems that they approach his elder mother (and other parts of the family) and made the deal it seems because GJ wouldn't approve the sale. If the said new owner wanted to make it right, before the purchase he should contacted GJ to explain what he wanted to do and make it right for all. GJ is a pioneer of our sport and a 4x motocross champion, something to be said about that. I'm confident most of us will ever reach that type of history in our sport lol.

Sounds like more then bikes were taken also; such as trophies, photos, helmets, etc... I can see why the museum would want them and I bet GJ would want them in there too if the situation was right.
Red Crawford
2/6/2020 1:15pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2020 1:18pm
How easy will access to this proposed museum actually be for the general public? I have my doubts...

As an aside, no one---no one---hits big in the commodity pits by being honorable and upright.....place is literally a "pit" of snakes.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
2/6/2020 1:42pm
Please down vote before reading only because it's vital.

You can sell anything you own. No questions asked, you can sell what is yours.
devotid
Fantasy
315th
2/6/2020 2:12pm
Ok so let me get this straight..... He DID NOT own them? He DID NOT store them? Or he didnt even possess them and someone else who DID is now selling them and he is hurt?

He should have purchased them years ago when he was worried that the guy was after these items.... But apparently it wasnt that big of a deal to him.

Wow. This site is really weird sometimes.

OldPro277
2/6/2020 3:21pm
devotid wrote:
Ok so let me get this straight..... He DID NOT own them? He DID NOT store them? Or he didnt even possess them and someone else...
Ok so let me get this straight..... He DID NOT own them? He DID NOT store them? Or he didnt even possess them and someone else who DID is now selling them and he is hurt?

He should have purchased them years ago when he was worried that the guy was after these items.... But apparently it wasnt that big of a deal to him.

Wow. This site is really weird sometimes.

Nobody really knows what agreement was made between Gary and his Dad, if any. And , if Terry Good DID actually have an agreement with Don, why would he have asked Gary on multiple occasion's to sell the bikes ?? If I were Terry, I would come on here and clear things up .....or AT LEAST he should have contacted Gary and tried to get his blessing.
kiwifan
2/6/2020 3:31pm
A nasty mess, feel sorry for Gary whatever the legalities are
plowboy
2/6/2020 3:37pm
Sad deal. I don't know the background enough to spout off about it though.
Mr. Info
2/6/2020 3:54pm
They were stored at a location the family owns, what Gary meant was he did not know anything was sold until he went there and found things gone. Things he told Terry he would never sell and several times at that.
Gary’s Mom is in her late 80’s or 90s and when Gary asked her she didn’t even know for how much they were sold for or know where the money was. She doesn’t need the money either.
This goes back to before Dewayne passed away so this is nothing new from Terry.
He tried to use Gary’s name for advertising of the addition of the bikes and Gary put a stop to that and he tried to use Honda’s name and Honda stopped that because those bikes are Honda’s.
It’s going to get nasty unless everything is returned and money goes back to Terry. Stay tuned
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
2/6/2020 4:28pm
Mr. Info wrote:
They were stored at a location the family owns, what Gary meant was he did not know anything was sold until he went there and found...
They were stored at a location the family owns, what Gary meant was he did not know anything was sold until he went there and found things gone. Things he told Terry he would never sell and several times at that.
Gary’s Mom is in her late 80’s or 90s and when Gary asked her she didn’t even know for how much they were sold for or know where the money was. She doesn’t need the money either.
This goes back to before Dewayne passed away so this is nothing new from Terry.
He tried to use Gary’s name for advertising of the addition of the bikes and Gary put a stop to that and he tried to use Honda’s name and Honda stopped that because those bikes are Honda’s.
It’s going to get nasty unless everything is returned and money goes back to Terry. Stay tuned
I think they both should really seek to resolve this. Instead of outright ownership, Terry could offer to accept them on loan by executing a museum loan agreement. Very common in the museum business and, I think, a way to reconcile everyone's concerns.
Crossup
2/6/2020 5:16pm
No titles... works bikes. Most likely sold as a Bill of Sale. Gary rode them since they were his bikes from the factory's. Don Jones was...
No titles... works bikes. Most likely sold as a Bill of Sale. Gary rode them since they were his bikes from the factory's. Don Jones was contracted to help build them. Remember back then times were different so legal contracts were not like they are today and how finances were transferred.

Sounds like they have been tried to be purchased multiple times in the past but GJ always said no. Which I wouldn't blame him since there is a personal connection to them. And they were true works bike from that era.

Seems that they approach his elder mother (and other parts of the family) and made the deal it seems because GJ wouldn't approve the sale. If the said new owner wanted to make it right, before the purchase he should contacted GJ to explain what he wanted to do and make it right for all. GJ is a pioneer of our sport and a 4x motocross champion, something to be said about that. I'm confident most of us will ever reach that type of history in our sport lol.

Sounds like more then bikes were taken also; such as trophies, photos, helmets, etc... I can see why the museum would want them and I bet GJ would want them in there too if the situation was right.

I can see bikes being owned and transferred through titles and sold. Only Gary earned his trophies, photos, helmets, etc. No one but Gary should be able to transfer the rights to those. Situation smells.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
2/6/2020 5:42pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2020 5:45pm
Crossup wrote:
I can see bikes being owned and transferred through titles and sold. Only Gary earned his trophies, photos, helmets, etc. No one but Gary should be...

I can see bikes being owned and transferred through titles and sold. Only Gary earned his trophies, photos, helmets, etc. No one but Gary should be able to transfer the rights to those. Situation smells.
Just like Ken Roczen doesn't own his Hondas, Gary may not have had clear title to them. At any rate, I think it would be in everyone's best interest to come to a fair settlement.
BobbyM
2/6/2020 6:37pm
Gary should be angry at mama Jones not Terry Good.
CalRMX
2/6/2020 10:44pm
As MXA and the GH crowd are good friends with Gary Jones, I wonder if they'll go to the museum?

I hope not, this isn't over yet
ledger
2/6/2020 11:15pm
I would hire a good attorney to get my personal belongings/achievements back. I hope that's an option for Gary...
Francis377
2/7/2020 12:18am
A museum where the bikes will be displayed and people who care about that time in racing can go see them doesn't sound too bad. This is the first I ever hear about the guy. Old bikes is the only thing that helps me relate to the early days because any footage just looks like guys going at a snails pace compared to modern guys. Bikes are really beautiful though
ledger
2/7/2020 12:41am
Is Good the guy that made a deal with DeCoster to acquire one of his bike's ?
Momus
2/7/2020 2:11am Edited Date/Time 2/7/2020 4:53am
ledger wrote:
Is Good the guy that made a deal with DeCoster to acquire one of his bike's ?
Good has purchased DeCosters entire collection of bikes and memorabilia- there were 2 full semi trailers delivered.
2/7/2020 4:41am
Why build museum in Chicago? If I travel to US and race mx, it will be to California at wintertime , what a waste of business!
crowe176
2/7/2020 5:38am
Why build museum in Chicago? If I travel to US and race mx, it will be to California at wintertime , what a waste of business!
California is the last place I’d travel to ride Moto. Head south to the real tracks
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
2/7/2020 7:50am
ledger wrote:
I would hire a good attorney to get my personal belongings/achievements back. I hope that's an option for Gary...
Reality check: I don't know Terry, but, merits on the facts aside, from what I gather am pretty sure he's got pockets with enough to defend himself and more.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
2/7/2020 7:51am
He lives there
2/7/2020 10:05am
In my opinion here's what probably happened, Terry Good wanted to buy bikes and memorabilia, contacted the various Jones family members and struck up a deal regardless of whether Gary wanted to sell or not the Don Jones estate had physical and apparently legal possession and control of the items in question. Terry Good may very well have contacted Gary and been rebuffed, without knowing what was said we can only go on what Gary says. Terry Good on the other hand I seriously doubt is going to engage in underhanded activity while trying to maintain a favorable public profile, my suspicion is Terry was "told" (for whatever reason) by Gary the bikes and memorabilia were in possession (control) of the estate and were not for sale.

Whatever issues in the Jones family that prevented Gary from controlling the sold items is not really the the buyer's province, having said this I seriously doubt this was done under a cloak of secrecy. Issues in settling estates through probate can take years, sometimes are actually never really "settled" to satisfy all parties, ongoing bickering among family members can drag the process on seemingly forever.

I think Gary Jones was shafted but not by Terry Good, for all anyone knows (I'd bet) the "Don Jones estate" executor(s) held 100% or majority control of what was legally defined as "in possession of the estate" during the finalization of probate, evidently Gary was not an executor or was not given enough input if he was to override others that were named executors.

Not picking sides but pointing out how this type of thing evolves, from the voice of my own experience (yes I was shafted too), settling my late father's estate took over 10 years of legal wrangling (with lots of back stabbing) and compared to the size of the Don Jones estate was a drop in the bucket.

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
2/7/2020 10:20am
In my opinion here's what probably happened, Terry Good wanted to buy bikes and memorabilia, contacted the various Jones family members and struck up a deal...
In my opinion here's what probably happened, Terry Good wanted to buy bikes and memorabilia, contacted the various Jones family members and struck up a deal regardless of whether Gary wanted to sell or not the Don Jones estate had physical and apparently legal possession and control of the items in question. Terry Good may very well have contacted Gary and been rebuffed, without knowing what was said we can only go on what Gary says. Terry Good on the other hand I seriously doubt is going to engage in underhanded activity while trying to maintain a favorable public profile, my suspicion is Terry was "told" (for whatever reason) by Gary the bikes and memorabilia were in possession (control) of the estate and were not for sale.

Whatever issues in the Jones family that prevented Gary from controlling the sold items is not really the the buyer's province, having said this I seriously doubt this was done under a cloak of secrecy. Issues in settling estates through probate can take years, sometimes are actually never really "settled" to satisfy all parties, ongoing bickering among family members can drag the process on seemingly forever.

I think Gary Jones was shafted but not by Terry Good, for all anyone knows (I'd bet) the "Don Jones estate" executor(s) held 100% or majority control of what was legally defined as "in possession of the estate" during the finalization of probate, evidently Gary was not an executor or was not given enough input if he was to override others that were named executors.

Not picking sides but pointing out how this type of thing evolves, from the voice of my own experience (yes I was shafted too), settling my late father's estate took over 10 years of legal wrangling (with lots of back stabbing) and compared to the size of the Don Jones estate was a drop in the bucket.

"In my opinion here's what probably happened" = I'm speculating, so this is imaginary and only one of maybe a million inferences one might imagine from the basic fact that apparently Terry has the stuff and Gary is disappointed about that.

WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
2/7/2020 10:30am
It's probably time for everyone to do something few around here are very good at: Wait a little while and see what happens. (Yeah. Right.) It sounds (from Facebook, others in the know) like Mr. Good has made a sh*t-ton of money as a commodity trader and is a rabid motohead. He has decided to invest in the International Motocross Museum and has acquired a *staggering* inventory of classic iron and gear. From names like Robert and DeCoster. It is truly an amazing collection and it is intended to be a shrine for other motoheads, like us, to enjoy. That's my take. As far as that goes, good on him.

It *sounds* like the dispute involving Gary was facilitated by a family member. But, regardless of that, I'm guessing that Mr. Good didn't get where he is without understanding that something like this needs to be resolved amicably and there are clear options remaining for doing just that where everyone comes away happy.

Momus
2/7/2020 10:33am
"In my opinion here's what probably happened" = I'm speculating, so this is imaginary and only one of maybe a million inferences one might imagine from...
"In my opinion here's what probably happened" = I'm speculating, so this is imaginary and only one of maybe a million inferences one might imagine from the basic fact that apparently Terry has the stuff and Gary is disappointed about that.

What Peter Villicaro wrote fits in quite closely with the open letter that Terry Good posted on Facebook, and now, unfortunately, seems to have been removed.

Compared to Gary's letter Good used more precise, business like language.

He mentioned that several bikes and other gear that he had arranged to buy- perhaps from Don Jones or from the estate executor had been removed by Gary and he expected to recover them though he was not taking a hard line about it.

Post a reply to: Gary Jones not happy with His Bikes & memorabilia being sold without his Permission?

The Latest