Gatorback Moving Locations

wasummer46
The owner of Gatorback was interviewed during one the Motos at Loretta's.
Claims to have purchased 100+ acres a few miles away from their original location.
And will be holding the Mini O's this year as well.
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/1/2017 12:31pm
Mini O's at the new location? Better get his ass in gear if that's the case.
kkawboy14
8/1/2017 12:34pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 12:34pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Starting gates from the old place and if they can build a sx in 2 days they can build a sweet flat oval or TT track pretty quick!

The Shop

kkawboy14
8/1/2017 12:37pm
How much stupid money do these guys make on these amateur events?
If the pro series doesnt make money, the amateurs have got to be killing it!
8/1/2017 12:56pm
Talking about the Promoter, Wyn?
Yep he was on there saying there are people at the new location getting it ready right now.. sucks that the old place is gone but pretty cool what he's been able to do.
8/1/2017 1:03pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 1:06pm
Cool. I'm sure Wyn had to of been absolutely furious not to mentioned embarrassed as hell over how this GP debacle went down. I'm sure there's more than we know to that story on both sides; either way, seems like the greedy land owners of Gatorback won't be generating any revenue from the track anytime soon, if ever again
8/1/2017 1:05pm
I very well could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I heard someone in authority over these matters state that the Mini Olympics was going to be at WW - at least the one coming up in November.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/1/2017 1:14pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
Starting gates from the old place and if they can build a sx in 2 days they can build a sweet flat oval or TT track...
Starting gates from the old place and if they can build a sx in 2 days they can build a sweet flat oval or TT track pretty quick!
Not sure what kind of property he has but there's a lot that goes into building a new facility. Land clearing, tracks, bleachers, ponds, sprinkler systems, RV hookups, fences, parkings, buildings, all the behind the scene stuff, website, permits, etc.

That takes a lot of hours, man power and money. I know the event is still a few months away but still.

Either way pretty cool that the event is not disappearing.
Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
8/1/2017 1:18pm
I very well could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I heard someone in authority over these matters state that the Mini Olympics was going to...
I very well could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I heard someone in authority over these matters state that the Mini Olympics was going to be at WW - at least the one coming up in November.
Wyn himself (the owner of gatorback cycle park/unlimited sports mx) announced he purchased land (now the owner of said land where gatorback cycle park will be located) and will have mini os there. He is the authority when it comes mini os. So no, it will not be at WW Ranch like the rumors were saying.
8/1/2017 1:21pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
Starting gates from the old place and if they can build a sx in 2 days they can build a sweet flat oval or TT track...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not sure what kind of property he has but there's a lot that goes into building a new facility. Land clearing, tracks, bleachers, ponds, sprinkler systems...
Not sure what kind of property he has but there's a lot that goes into building a new facility. Land clearing, tracks, bleachers, ponds, sprinkler systems, RV hookups, fences, parkings, buildings, all the behind the scene stuff, website, permits, etc.

That takes a lot of hours, man power and money. I know the event is still a few months away but still.

Either way pretty cool that the event is not disappearing.
It's not disappearing, MAVBro. Like I said above, it is (or was) moving to WW.

That said, man are you right. Building an MX facility out of Florida scrub land is going to be exceedingly hard and fairly expensive. I know, because I've watched my best bud, Alan Andreu, do it for decades at North Florida MX. It hasn't been cheap or easy. Wyn probably has a head start with tractors and that sort of thing. None of that stuff is cheap.
8/1/2017 1:21pm
I very well could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I heard someone in authority over these matters state that the Mini Olympics was going to...
Renner153 wrote:
Wyn himself (the owner of gatorback cycle park/unlimited sports mx) announced he purchased land (now the owner of said land where gatorback cycle park will be...
Wyn himself (the owner of gatorback cycle park/unlimited sports mx) announced he purchased land (now the owner of said land where gatorback cycle park will be located) and will have mini os there. He is the authority when it comes mini os. So no, it will not be at WW Ranch like the rumors were saying.
Right on. Thank you for the info.

Post a reply to: Gatorback Moving Locations

The Latest