Get to Know the Road to Supercross Class of 2015:Lorenzo Locurcio

PR
11/26/2014 8:37am Edited Date/Time 11/29/2014 4:34pm
AURORA, Ill. (November 26, 2014) - The 2015 season of AMSOIL Arenacross, featuring Ricky Carmichael's Road to Supercross, is fast approaching and while marquee names like Zach Ames, Jacob Hayes and Michael McDade are all preparing for the highly anticipated opening round, the talented contingent of Road to Supercross riders are also setting their sights on the upcoming season.

Venezuela native Lorenzo Locurcio is a sign of the sport's bright future on a global scale. Competing for Yamaha's bLU cRU factory race team, the 17-year-old rider recently became an AMA Amateur National Champion this past summer and went on to compete in the Amateur All-Stars at Las Vegas' Monster Energy Cup in October.

"AMSOIL Arenacross should be pretty fun. It's just like supercross, but it's a little bit tighter and in an arena," said Locurcio. "There's a lot of fast guys so it should be really fun. Racing with [AMSOIL Arenacross riders] is going to be pretty tough because they're fast, so I don't know where I'll stack up."

Currently residing in Georgia and training at the legendary Millsaps Training Facility, Locurcio was competitive in his first ever supercross-style race at the Monster Energy Cup and will use that experience to his advantage when the AMSOIL Arenacross season gets underway.

The 2015 AMSOIL Arenacross season kicks off on Saturday, January 10 from Cincinnati's U.S. Bank Arena and will travel the country over the course of 15 rounds before coming to a dramatic conclusion at the season finale in Las Vegas on May 1.
The television package on FOX Sports 1 will be announced soon. Live timing and scoring from each round of the AMSOIL Arenacross season returns for the 2015 season!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz9ODjxTO5w&feature=youtu.be

2015 AMSOIL Arenacross Schedule

Date(s) Venue City
Jan. 10-11 U.S. Bank Arena Cincinnati
Jan. 16- 18 Van Andel Arena Grand Rapids, Mich.
Jan. 23-25 World Arena Colorado Springs, Colo.
Jan. 31- Feb. 1 Bridgestone Arena Nashville, Tenn.
Feb. 6-8 Mohegan Sun Arena Wilkes-Barre, Pa.
Feb. 21-22 Amalie Arena Tampa, Fla.
Feb. 28- Mar.1 Sprint Center Kansas City, Mo.
Mar. 6-8 Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, Iowa
Mar. 13-15 Landers Center Southaven, Miss.
Mar. 21-22 Smoothie King Center New Orleans
Mar. 28-29 Frank Erwin Center Austin, Texas
April 11-12 Spokane Arena Spokane, Wash.
April 18-19 Tacoma Dome Tacoma, Wash.
April 25-26 Save Mart Center Fresno, Calif.
May 1-3 South Point Arena Las Vegas
|
Squid-mom
11/29/2014 4:00pm
I saw Lorenze DNF'ed in one of his motos at Mini O's, then did not make it back onto the gate. Is he ok? I hope nothing serious
11/29/2014 4:34pm
Squid-mom wrote:
I saw Lorenze DNF'ed in one of his motos at Mini O's, then did not make it back onto the gate. Is he ok? I hope...
I saw Lorenze DNF'ed in one of his motos at Mini O's, then did not make it back onto the gate. Is he ok? I hope nothing serious
I believe he hit a tuff block in the whoops and ate it pretty hard. Didn't watch long long enough to hear how he was afterwards.

Post a reply to: Get to Know the Road to Supercross Class of 2015:Lorenzo Locurcio

The Latest