GoPro 7 HyperSmooth vs Gimbal/Karma Grip & older GoPros for Shooting Moto

10/4/2018 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 10/8/2018 12:26pm
Had a buddy visiting the past few days and he just posted a pretty cool video comparing the new GoPro 7's smoothing abilities against some other set ups.

https://youtu.be/rbaFvqxc8Pg

Definitely going to sell my Session and try to pick up a 7 sometime soon—always found my footage using it on the dirt bike or mountain bike to be borderline unwatchable.
|
10/4/2018 4:27pm
My GP Hero5 footage looks good on my computer but on YouTube it looks like garbage. Doesn’t he have any tips on getting it to look best online?
T-Fish
Fantasy
199th
10/4/2018 5:18pm
I grabbed one yesterday.
Millerrr973
10/4/2018 6:33pm
I have a hero 6 with a karma grip. I honestly don’t use the grip enough. I’m wondering if I should upgrade to the hero 7. Good video.
10/5/2018 10:40am
My GP Hero5 footage looks good on my computer but on YouTube it looks like garbage. Doesn’t he have any tips on getting it to look...
My GP Hero5 footage looks good on my computer but on YouTube it looks like garbage. Doesn’t he have any tips on getting it to look best online?
I actually had the same issue the only time I've uploaded something. I'm going to send him the video I used and see what he thinks. His hunch is I uploaded too large a file, and instead should have compressed it out of the editor instead of leaving that up to YouTube.

What are you using to edit? And what file format are you exporting for YouTube?

The Shop

Stuntman949
10/5/2018 10:44am
The hypersmooth is a shame for the fact that it'll make the onboards look overly smooth. Helmet cams already do dis-justice to jump sizes too. It'll be a bitchin camera for the other 99.9% of things
Froggy76
10/5/2018 5:13pm
I don t use a GoPro as I don t like looking at the footage. It s doesn’t really do justice.
What I have now, is a drone. Much better, I film my son from any angle I want, keeps everything in proportion and when I want to film myself, I just use the follow me function.
Fantastic.
Great tool for self analysis. I fo over my riding, and notice all my flaws, then next time u ride I concentrate on what I was doing wrong.
Just my 2 cents
10/8/2018 12:26pm
I understand the complaints, but if we're talking about shaky, nauseating footage that doesn't do the terrain or jumps justice, or smooth footage that doesn't do it justice—I'll take the latter every time.

Post a reply to: GoPro 7 HyperSmooth vs Gimbal/Karma Grip & older GoPros for Shooting Moto

The Latest