Has WADA been to the races yet this year?

Gringoe
2/3/2016 8:51pm Edited Date/Time 2/4/2016 6:15pm
Was just watching something on Armstrong so it spurred on the ped question everyone has in the sport. Curious to hear if there has been any movement yet this year?

And also another question. Who pays for WADA/USADA? The promotors correct?
|
zehn
2/3/2016 8:53pm
We haven't heard anything from the people that would know, so I'm going to assume that they haven't yet been to any of the races.

Gibby always makes a thread about it when they show up
Xeno
2/3/2016 9:52pm
No testing yet. The boys need some time to flush their system from the off-season loading phase. Pinch
500guy
2/4/2016 6:31am
Gringoe wrote:
Was just watching something on Armstrong so it spurred on the ped question everyone has in the sport. Curious to hear if there has been any...
Was just watching something on Armstrong so it spurred on the ped question everyone has in the sport. Curious to hear if there has been any movement yet this year?

And also another question. Who pays for WADA/USADA? The promotors correct?
FIM and AMA have to make a room and testing site for every round, WADA does not notify anyone of when or where the testing will be done.

Yes the Promoter pays for it and The Manufactures are the ones that asked for the testing.

The Shop

Matt Moto
2/4/2016 7:19am
Doc Bodnar at A2 riders meeting was going over the new rules WADA put in place. It is now a 4 yr rider suspension. Team member or even anyone associate with the rider/team could get the entire team suspended if caught. If I heard correctly.

Matt Moto
Trav138
2/4/2016 7:21am
Matt Moto wrote:
Doc Bodnar at A2 riders meeting was going over the new rules WADA put in place. It is now a 4 yr rider suspension. Team member...
Doc Bodnar at A2 riders meeting was going over the new rules WADA put in place. It is now a 4 yr rider suspension. Team member or even anyone associate with the rider/team could get the entire team suspended if caught. If I heard correctly.

Matt Moto
So they are testing the entourages and bff's? Here i thought it would be just for the athletes lol
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
2/4/2016 7:26am
Last test that I know of was in Lille.
IWreckALot
2/4/2016 7:39am
Matt Moto wrote:
Doc Bodnar at A2 riders meeting was going over the new rules WADA put in place. It is now a 4 yr rider suspension. Team member...

Matt Moto
Number one reason I cannot get on the WADA/USADA wagon. . . Their penalties are outrageous to the point they own the sport and offer no escalating penalties. . . No room for even legitimate mistakes. One slip up, intentional or sincere mistake, a rider can miss almost the prime of their career. . . Clearly, they're not doing ANYTHING for SX or MX except keeping the honest people honest.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
2/4/2016 7:43am
I know what I've heard on the issue, but what do you guys think? Are these guys really doing peds? I've heard the latest is a cream that you rub on like a lotion. I have to wonder though, say a guy like Dungey pisses dirty, do we ever hear about it? Or does red bull step in and throw a ton of money at WADA to keep their mouths shut? (Not picking dungey out, just using as an example)
IWreckALot
2/4/2016 7:53am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I know what I've heard on the issue, but what do you guys think? Are these guys really doing peds? I've heard the latest is a...
I know what I've heard on the issue, but what do you guys think? Are these guys really doing peds? I've heard the latest is a cream that you rub on like a lotion. I have to wonder though, say a guy like Dungey pisses dirty, do we ever hear about it? Or does red bull step in and throw a ton of money at WADA to keep their mouths shut? (Not picking dungey out, just using as an example)
I think Armstrong could have thrown 10x the money at WADA/USADA to keep it under wraps and they didn't keep it quiet for him. . .

When that whole Armstrong thing was going down, I had read somewhere that every time WADA was going to test, Lance would make a larger charitable donation to the organization and he either wasn't tested, or his results were swept under the rug. And when he stopped his donations, even after he retired from racing, that's when they started pursuing him. I wish I could find somewhere to validate or discredit that information.
Holigan
2/4/2016 7:58am
Matt Moto wrote:

Matt Moto
You heard correctly. He said the rider and team will be banned for four years.
motomike137
2/4/2016 8:01am
I don't even like reading about this crap. On one hand I don't like the idea of riders doping but I also wonder how clear the rules are, how complete the list is and what is the potential for ending up in trouble for something over the counter with some ingredient that you are unaware of? I also would be more comfortable if the sactioning body had control of the penalties and process of re joining the sport after (al la Nascar).
RG1
2/4/2016 8:04am
Matt Moto wrote:

Matt Moto
I'm all for drug testing and keeping the sport clean, but those punishments are frankly ridiculous. I know people might say that if you stick to the rules then you have nothing to worry about, but if you make a simple mistake, like take a tablet when you're ill or something, you might end up losing your career over it. The problem with WADA is that they do everything based on Olympic time frames, which just doesn't work in other sports.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
2/4/2016 8:09am
Matt Moto wrote:

Matt Moto
Holigan wrote:
Oh my!
Flatliner
2/4/2016 8:12am
Matt Moto wrote:

Matt Moto
Holigan wrote:
Which is absolutely insane.
kkawboy14
2/4/2016 8:12am
They already got James, they won't be around for awhile.......
kkawboy14
2/4/2016 8:13am
They already got James, they won't need to be around for awhile.......
Mikkis
2/4/2016 8:31am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2016 8:32am
4 years? What the fuck.. xc-ski, track&field, cycling or just any other sport they get only 2 years from first time they got caught, Second time gives them lifetime ban. I seriously think that FIM/AMA needs to get rid of WADA.
bh84
Fantasy
1853rd
2/4/2016 8:33am
what happens when they try to get a blood sample from Dungey and realize he's actually bionic? I'm pretty sure if you make Peick piss in a cup the things just going to melt..
RG1
2/4/2016 9:11am
Matt Moto wrote:

Matt Moto
Holigan wrote:
Imagine the fall out within the sport if a Pro Circuit or GEICO, or even worse, one of the factory teams rider tests positive for something over the counter and one of the biggest teams in the sport gets banned for 4 years. It's ridiculous.
ob
2/4/2016 9:13am
It's way to easy for a rider to fail, eighther by accident or contaminated food. The punishments are way to harsh in My opinion (not that that matters). And now the team is banned?? What the hell are they trying to do? Ruin the sport? What happens if team Ktm red bull is banned? Or Suzuki?
hvaughn88
2/4/2016 9:17am
Same shit, different year
JM485
2/4/2016 9:18am
Can someone please explain to me why we signed on to such a program, and even more so why we're still a part of it?! It's crazy that the sanctioning body themselves have no say in the penalties given, that should be a major red flag right there.
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
2/4/2016 9:38am
Mikkis wrote:
4 years? What the fuck.. xc-ski, track&field, cycling or just any other sport they get only 2 years from first time they got caught, Second time...
4 years? What the fuck.. xc-ski, track&field, cycling or just any other sport they get only 2 years from first time they got caught, Second time gives them lifetime ban. I seriously think that FIM/AMA needs to get rid of WADA.
WADA penalties have increased for every sport not just MX/SX, which includes all olympic sports,
ando
2/4/2016 9:50am
Matt Moto wrote:

Matt Moto
RG1 wrote:
I'm all for drug testing and keeping the sport clean, but those punishments are frankly ridiculous. I know people might say that if you stick to...
I'm all for drug testing and keeping the sport clean, but those punishments are frankly ridiculous. I know people might say that if you stick to the rules then you have nothing to worry about, but if you make a simple mistake, like take a tablet when you're ill or something, you might end up losing your career over it. The problem with WADA is that they do everything based on Olympic time frames, which just doesn't work in other sports.
Funny, a lot of people in a lot of other sports claim that the "system" doesn't fit their sport...
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
2/4/2016 9:57am
JM485 wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why we signed on to such a program, and even more so why we're still a part of it?! It's...
Can someone please explain to me why we signed on to such a program, and even more so why we're still a part of it?! It's crazy that the sanctioning body themselves have no say in the penalties given, that should be a major red flag right there.
If we could ever get rid of FIM WADA would no longer be in the picture, only USADA. I don't see anyone kicking FIM to the curb any time soon so I'm not going to hold my breath.
ando
2/4/2016 10:00am
JM485 wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why we signed on to such a program, and even more so why we're still a part of it?! It's...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
If we could ever get rid of FIM WADA would no longer be in the picture, only USADA. I don't see anyone kicking FIM to the...
If we could ever get rid of FIM WADA would no longer be in the picture, only USADA. I don't see anyone kicking FIM to the curb any time soon so I'm not going to hold my breath.
They operate under the same codes. MXSports does not engage WADA for the outdoors, they use USADA, but the processes and penalties are the same.
ando
2/4/2016 10:01am
JM485 wrote:
They do have a say. They looked at the WADA code and penalties, and decided that was appropriate.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
2/4/2016 10:07am
JM485 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
If we could ever get rid of FIM WADA would no longer be in the picture, only USADA. I don't see anyone kicking FIM to the...
ando wrote:
They operate under the same codes. MXSports does not engage WADA for the outdoors, they use USADA, but the processes and penalties are the same.
The way I understand it, and I could be wrong, because the AMA sanctions with FIM for supercross and AMA sanctions the outdoors USADA has to use the same processes and penalties as WADA. So the way I understand it is that if we were able to drop FIM and WADA then USADA would rule with their own processes and penalties. But I could be wrong. I believe it was last year when JS7's appeal was denied that all of the info came out about the WADA/USADA having to use the same rules because of the AMA/FIM shared sanctioning. Maybe DC or one of the others can clarify all of this.
Flatliner
2/4/2016 10:08am
ando wrote:
They do have a say. They looked at the WADA code and penalties, and decided that was appropriate.
Well then clearly nobody is thinking.

Post a reply to: Has WADA been to the races yet this year?

The Latest