Hating a pro rider

bd
Edited Date/Time 8/21/2012 2:21pm
If you hate a rider such as JS7 or Alessi800..... why?

I want to know the thought process and purpuse behind hating a rider and rooting for injury. There are people on this board who do....
|
P
8/20/2012 1:31pm
Wait, wait I know the answer!! I don't hate the rider I just don't like his fans.............

Personally, I don't hate any rider. There may be some that I don't care for, but I can't really think of any current racers that bother me much.

P
bd
8/20/2012 1:37pm
P....

I think its getting worse. I def have my favorites. My dream race is to see to RD5, TC41, CR22, RV2, MA800, JS7 all bundled up during the white flag at a National. Let best man win.

There are folks who want serious injury so they can say I told so, or because they do not like them. I do not get it.

As far as the fans..... the crazies are what makes it fun.

I thought the WW RC 2002 deal was out a line. At least he didnt wish injury on RC.
IWreckALot
8/20/2012 2:09pm
I don't like Barcia. He comes across as a stereotypical yankee. Like his crap doesn't stink and he's so cocky in his interview. I would be a grand richer if I had a dollar for every time he said "I rode a smart race" yada yada yada. He comes across as wanting to be a hard ass like former racers. Like he's afraid to develop his own personality.

Racers that impress me are Tomac and Dungey. They're champions AND humble with their personality. The biggest factor for me deciding whether I like a rider is their off track personality and maybe some of the moves they make on the track. Dungey is one of the most respectable people to race against. And Tomac proved that he has to be provoked before he starts punting people off the track. Ask Deano. . .
DPR250R
8/20/2012 3:15pm
IWreckALot wrote:
I don't like Barcia. He comes across as a stereotypical yankee. Like his crap doesn't stink and he's so cocky in his interview. I would be...
I don't like Barcia. He comes across as a stereotypical yankee. Like his crap doesn't stink and he's so cocky in his interview. I would be a grand richer if I had a dollar for every time he said "I rode a smart race" yada yada yada. He comes across as wanting to be a hard ass like former racers. Like he's afraid to develop his own personality.

Racers that impress me are Tomac and Dungey. They're champions AND humble with their personality. The biggest factor for me deciding whether I like a rider is their off track personality and maybe some of the moves they make on the track. Dungey is one of the most respectable people to race against. And Tomac proved that he has to be provoked before he starts punting people off the track. Ask Deano. . .
I was called a "yankee" in 2001. I laughed then too...

The Shop

motomike137
8/20/2012 3:23pm
I hated Kent Howerton because he had the audacity to beat Hannah!
chrisbuehler
8/20/2012 3:34pm
Anyone who roots for a rider to get hurt is a d-bag and I hope they do that shit when I happen to be at the race. The only reason I start to dislike a rider is if they pull the SX only card. I'm a huge Dungey fan but was pulling hard for Bubba to wax ass this past weekend. Who the heck wants to see 30sec whupping every race?
mrquick
8/20/2012 3:37pm
Thats how I felt about Hannah for beating Marty Smith....But Hannah became one of my all time favorites.

Only two riders I dont like ...James Stewart and Josh Grant.

My favorite riders are Hannah,Carmichael and Canard.

I like Dungey,Poto,Reed, Alessi,Windham,short,KRoc,Tomac,Bogel and Baggett.
ATKpilot99
8/20/2012 3:47pm
I hate them all because they ride way faster than me.
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2069th
8/20/2012 3:53pm
IWreckALot wrote:
I don't like Barcia. He comes across as a stereotypical yankee. Like his crap doesn't stink and he's so cocky in his interview. I would be...

My six year old son and I were stoked on Dungey in '09-'10, my son wanted to go watch him at Pala so I took him. I bought him a Dungey shirt at the race and we went into the pits afterwards to have him sign it. My son was one of six kids who waited outside the rig for two hours for him, when he did give autographs he didn't so much as look at or speak to one of them. The really awesome thing that came out of this was that Metty chose to hang out with those kids while they patiently waited. I'll cheer for him any day.

I like and respect everyone who lines up on the gate for our enjoyment. The thing is, they can do everything to please everyone then have one bad day where they alienate others. They are all human and prone to mistakes.
MR. X
8/20/2012 3:57pm
IWreckALot wrote:

HA , that reminded me of the D-bag i saw on the way to work today driving a jacked up dodge with a big confederate flag flying off the back.
Drtbykr
8/20/2012 3:58pm
lol.....it is stupid to hate a sports figure, your relationship is not intimate enough with them to bring on that emotion, unless you see an incident like Chris Brown on Rhinna, then you can hate their actions.. Even she has forgiven him! (just because she can sing some doesn't make her bright).

I was disappointed with RV for snubbing the hard core fans in the autograph line in TO, but I'll get over it in acouple of years. Another rider or team manager or even parent can hate another due to a tangible event or series of events. Fans, no. Dislike, sure.

I didn't like Barcia until I saw him handle himself in an autograph line. He might be a great guy to go fishing for the afternoon with, or a dick....you will never know.

Also, these people are racers, not necessarily good public speakers or writers (true dat!).

Like, dislike yes. Hate, love...no.

Dr. Tom
bobby397
8/20/2012 4:03pm
hate is such a strong word! dont really hate any rider on the track except vince59, just because he dangerous to others.
watson
8/20/2012 4:05pm
The only rider I can't stand is Vince Friese. When he stops racing like a jackass habitually I'll change my tune. There are others riders that I haven't liked some of their ACTIONS in the past, but everyone messes up and there aren't many (if any) truly bad people who throw a leg over a dirt bike. Motocross is good people.

As far as fanboyism and hating riders because they're fast and popular, I have a hard time understanding that as well. Just watch your motorcycle racing and cheer for who you want but hating riders you don't cheer for? C'mon.
stantdm
8/20/2012 4:20pm
I don't hate any of the riders. There are some, especially 7 and 800, that I don't care about and, for me, it is easy to figure out why. Others, like 29, 17, 70, 38, and 5 are riders that I enjoy watching and following what they have done. Most of the riders are on the like side, some are not. Reed used to be one I did not care much about but now I do. Part of it is attitude and behavior. Guys like Lawrence and Hanson were never anybody I would root for. I'm older than almost all of you on this board and that is part of it. Like/don't like is just a personal thing. I like who I like cause I like em.
dcg141
8/20/2012 4:22pm
I don't hate on any racers, but the Dallas Cowboys....
IWreckALot
8/20/2012 4:38pm
IWreckALot wrote:

MR. X wrote:
HA , that reminded me of the D-bag i saw on the way to work today driving a jacked up dodge with a big confederate flag...
HA , that reminded me of the D-bag i saw on the way to work today driving a jacked up dodge with a big confederate flag flying off the back.
Maybe the yankee comment was a bit over the top. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just think Barcia comes across as cocky and not the personality I like. Having said that, I would never wish a rider to get injured and I want more competitive riders on the line. I imagine Barcia is completely different when the cameras aren't around. Probably a good kid and you can tell he trains hard. All I have to base my judgements on are what I see on TV and it doesn't seem like his greatest comes out then.

I'll go back to living my hick life butI don't drive around a big lifted dodge. It's a horse and the saddle has a confederate flag motif to it. Get it right next time!
IWreckALot
8/20/2012 4:39pm
dcg141 wrote:
I don't hate on any racers, but the Dallas Cowboys....
Don't get me going on this. I try to root for the home team but there is just something too consistent over the last 10 years or so that needs to go. Initials are JJ. . .

Back on topic.
slipdog
8/20/2012 4:41pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2012 4:44pm
I hate Mondays!

Switch
8/20/2012 5:01pm
P shut alot of people up with just the second post in this thread. Cool Well played sir. Notice we don't see the extreme fanboys in here? He took their "excuse" and made fun of it...
8/20/2012 5:14pm
Hate is a strong word. I have never seen another poster say that they wish a professional rider was injured or had some life-altering bad luck in some way. But when did sports become so watered-down that fans can't have favorite riders with a dislike for their rivals without being labeled a "non-fan"?
montesagold
8/20/2012 5:27pm
IWreckALot wrote:

MR. X wrote:
HA , that reminded me of the D-bag i saw on the way to work today driving a jacked up dodge with a big confederate flag...
IWreckALot wrote:
Maybe the yankee comment was a bit over the top. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just think Barcia comes across as cocky and not...
Maybe the yankee comment was a bit over the top. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just think Barcia comes across as cocky and not the personality I like. Having said that, I would never wish a rider to get injured and I want more competitive riders on the line. I imagine Barcia is completely different when the cameras aren't around. Probably a good kid and you can tell he trains hard. All I have to base my judgements on are what I see on TV and it doesn't seem like his greatest comes out then.

I'll go back to living my hick life butI don't drive around a big lifted dodge. It's a horse and the saddle has a confederate flag motif to it. Get it right next time!
Don't worry about it, most don't understand that northern/ southern thing has nothing to do with a Confederate flag. The redneck he mentioned with the flag in his truck in New York...that guy is a Yankee too, just a redneck at the same time.
So yea, Narcissus has a bit of that northern attitude, be it good or bad.
8/20/2012 5:32pm
Hate is a strong word. I have never seen another poster say that they wish a professional rider was injured or had some life-altering bad luck...
Hate is a strong word. I have never seen another poster say that they wish a professional rider was injured or had some life-altering bad luck in some way. But when did sports become so watered-down that fans can't have favorite riders with a dislike for their rivals without being labeled a "non-fan"?
Agree with this. I'm one of those who DISLIKES both #7 and #800, but not because I'm a racist or anti - Navy Seal. I just don't like uber-talented slackers and because Alessi always reminded me of Eddie Haskell. Of course I would never hope for injury to anyone. Hell, in Bubba's case, I'm praying for a healthy season next year so I can see him get beat straight up.
LoudLove
8/20/2012 5:52pm
Broc Glover. Ooohh, here comes the Golden Boy, with his shiny hair and Cali-tude! Stealing, yes stealing! the '77 125 title from one of my favorites Danny LaPorte. "Let Brock Bye" and the whole deal with Hannah, just so Mr. Sunshine could get the big trophy for those Yama-thieves over my beloved Team Suzuki! I'm still bitter!
DPR250R
8/20/2012 6:07pm
Don't worry about it, most don't understand that northern/ southern thing has nothing to do with a Confederate flag. The redneck he mentioned with the flag...
Don't worry about it, most don't understand that northern/ southern thing has nothing to do with a Confederate flag. The redneck he mentioned with the flag in his truck in New York...that guy is a Yankee too, just a redneck at the same time.
So yea, Narcissus has a bit of that northern attitude, be it good or bad.
Hmmm.... so we all think our shit don't stink and have attitudes? Is that what you guys think of us "Yankees"?

I am really curious where this comes from.
8/20/2012 6:37pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2012 6:40pm
The hating of riders came when the sport became NASCARized and the riders became commodities and not people. Before that everyone had favorite riders and riders they didnt care for, but I never heard anyone wish harm on a rider, we were fans of the SPORT first, and riders second because almost 100% of MX/SX fans rode and raced themselves. That is different now and you have too many that only have personal experience with watching the sport on TV. I would bet 99% of the "haters" on here are not riders at all, much less racers.
Hando
8/20/2012 6:45pm
lol @ hating riders

who the fuck cares??

barcia is a dick...js7 is a prima donna..chad reed a douche...guess what..pro athletes who get $$ are cocky assholes
machine
8/20/2012 6:54pm
Hando wrote:
lol @ hating riders who the fuck cares?? barcia is a dick...js7 is a prima donna..chad reed a douche...guess what..pro athletes who get $$ are cocky...
lol @ hating riders

who the fuck cares??

barcia is a dick...js7 is a prima donna..chad reed a douche...guess what..pro athletes who get $$ are cocky assholes
Uh Oh...the PC crowd around here is going to lynch you dude.....Grinning
mrquick
8/20/2012 7:01pm
Thats is exactly whats wrong with the world today...everyone is too damn PC for their own good.
zippy895
8/20/2012 7:04pm
the second another rider screws over ur fav rider,he becomes hated.
the first time u notice a fast rider who is not your popular shade of skin color,he is transfered to the hate list.
the first time u listen to a certain rider speak and he does not jive with your way of thinking and comments in a negative light in your eyes,he is now hated.
the moment when u feel you know more about what it takes to race or win and its not telepathically setting into that rider.....

THEN add drugs or alcohol to said person,and sit back and watch the freak show
its then when the asshat feels its necessary to yell or laugh at said riders during a crash.
....or it could be that the hater has a small penis
TerryK
8/20/2012 7:25pm
In 40 years as a fan and racer for a good part of that, I've never hated any pro rider. I disapproved of some and the way they took their careers for granted (JLaw among others) and others for actions and words, but never hated anyone I love the sport too much to hate anyone involved in it.....well except for a couple of forum members Tongue

Post a reply to: Hating a pro rider

The Latest