Herlings 24-0

motoman98
Edited Date/Time 8/31/2017 9:01am
Yep.
|
JustMX
8/26/2017 5:47pm
He couldn't go 24-0 when he was cherry picking the mx2 class.

He put in an impressive ride but let's not get too excited.

The Shop

Hut
8/26/2017 6:07pm
I'd like to see him try it!
Really I would. I like his "No Fucks Given" attitude. Might be just what Tomac needs also to stay motivated and we'd see some great racing.
8/26/2017 6:08pm
JustMX wrote:

Yeah, exactly, just too much shit can go wrong.

And thank you for using the term "cherry-picking" (correct metaphor) instead of "sandbagging" (wrong metaphor). I used to think most people here were linguistically challenged.

Hut
8/26/2017 6:24pm
JustMX wrote:

Yeah, exactly, just too much shit can go wrong. And thank you for using the term "cherry-picking" (correct metaphor) instead of "sandbagging" (wrong metaphor). I used...
Yeah, exactly, just too much shit can go wrong.

And thank you for using the term "cherry-picking" (correct metaphor) instead of "sandbagging" (wrong metaphor). I used to think most people here were linguistically challenged.

I am pretty sure the term "sandbagging" was used for maximum irritation....lol
bvm111
8/26/2017 6:39pm
Whole lotta fail in this thread... starting with the OP!

Isn't JH 22 years old and just completed he first year racing 450s?

When should he have left the 250 class when he was 17... not sure what sand bagging or cherry picking was occurring?

It is Pretty tough to sandbag or cherry pick a professional class!
ehr400
8/26/2017 6:58pm
Soooo last year when Eli beat all the GP guys by 45 seconds at 2 races winning all 4 Motos, including AC222 who is beating Herlings in the WC. The internet must have quit working for Euros during that period. Herrings was good today, but if you think Eli was sending it you are delusional.
Paul333
8/26/2017 7:04pm
JustMX wrote:

LOL, thats damn funny.
ATKpilot99
8/26/2017 7:09pm
ehr400 wrote:
Soooo last year when Eli beat all the GP guys by 45 seconds at 2 races winning all 4 Motos, including AC222 who is beating Herlings...
Soooo last year when Eli beat all the GP guys by 45 seconds at 2 races winning all 4 Motos, including AC222 who is beating Herlings in the WC. The internet must have quit working for Euros during that period. Herrings was good today, but if you think Eli was sending it you are delusional.
Funny how that works.
whammy
8/26/2017 7:24pm
TFW you realize Roczen actually came to America to duck Herlings... Huh
whammy
8/26/2017 7:34pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 7:35pm
ehr400 wrote:
Soooo last year when Eli beat all the GP guys by 45 seconds at 2 races winning all 4 Motos, including AC222 who is beating Herlings...
Eli is faster that Herlings because he beat all the GP's guys in 4 motos(which Herlings didn't race in)

Makes sense... Unsure
8/26/2017 7:36pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 7:37pm
ehr400 wrote:
For starters, I thought Tomac was awesome in the USGPs last year. He looked particularly good over the waves at Charlotte. That said, let's clarify a few things:

• Tomac's average margin was about 15 seconds across those four races (as much as 24, as little as 6).

• Cairoli raced with injuries all year and was never in top form, not the way he is now.

• The MXGP title had been wrapped by Gajser at Assen, so nobody was taking any chances. (On the other hand, Tomac didn't have much incentive either; go figure.)

The Internet didn't quit working last September. I think Tomac got lots of respect after his four-moto sweep last year. Webb after Charlotte too. But ... it's still not the same as Herlings on short notice and a loaner bike. That was just spectacular. No one's ever crashed an American party like that.

KennyT
Fantasy
280th
8/26/2017 7:40pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 7:41pm
There has not been an American in a long time who could go overseas for a 1 off race and ride like Herlings did today. What he did is amazing and I'm pretty sure he would dominate in the US series much the way Roczen does when he is healthy. It would be great to have both series competing against one another full time now that it is obvious they are pretty equal with the current edge going to the GP regulars

And no this is not fishing....it's fact
8/26/2017 7:53pm
ehr400 wrote:
For starters, I thought Tomac was awesome in the USGPs last year. He looked particularly good over the waves at Charlotte. That said, let's clarify a...
For starters, I thought Tomac was awesome in the USGPs last year. He looked particularly good over the waves at Charlotte. That said, let's clarify a few things:

• Tomac's average margin was about 15 seconds across those four races (as much as 24, as little as 6).

• Cairoli raced with injuries all year and was never in top form, not the way he is now.

• The MXGP title had been wrapped by Gajser at Assen, so nobody was taking any chances. (On the other hand, Tomac didn't have much incentive either; go figure.)

The Internet didn't quit working last September. I think Tomac got lots of respect after his four-moto sweep last year. Webb after Charlotte too. But ... it's still not the same as Herlings on short notice and a loaner bike. That was just spectacular. No one's ever crashed an American party like that.

And your not the smartest.

1: the loaner bike is a full factory Ktm race bike at US spec.

2: if you don't agree Tomac was playing it safe the second moto yoy are high.

3: wait until next week when Tomac doesn't have to worry about a championship that needs to be won after he threw 2 away in the past.

4: Herlings was great, but until we see him smoke our top rider when the championship isnt on the line like Tomac did to the GP field 4 times in a row then it isn't relevant.

8/26/2017 7:59pm
And your not the smartest. 1: the loaner bike is a full factory Ktm race bike at US spec. 2: if you don't agree Tomac was...

3: wait until next week when Tomac doesn't have to worry about a championship that needs to be won after he threw 2 away in the past.

4: Herlings was great, but until we see him smoke our top rider when the championship isnt on the line like Tomac did to the GP field 4 times in a row then it isn't relevant.

Everything I wrote was fact. No one said Tomac was going flat out in the second moto. I didn't, anyway. I thought he should've pulled up in the first moto.

And let me give you some advice, Einstein. If you're going to judge the "smarts" of others, learn to use "you're." (On the other hand, I do love irony.)

USMCMXer
8/26/2017 8:12pm
Are we forgetting 2 names...Tomac and Kenny. Both IMO are faster.
Let it go, neither of them were today! To the OP: you prob thought the same of Tomac and look what a summer he had. Say what you want but he backed into this title through attrition and actually rode better last summer! ET3 does not do well under pressure. The examples are piling up.

Last point, if you know anything about MX and don't appreciate the enormity of what Herlings did today, you very likely have never raced a dirt scooter. Amazing ride, but he would never go 24-0 here. Having the speed to do it and actually doing it are two wildly different things!
struth
8/26/2017 8:16pm
ehr400 wrote:
He was sending straight into a dirt sample in first moto,,,
RandyS
8/26/2017 8:16pm
Are we forgetting 2 names...Tomac and Kenny. Both IMO are faster.
I like America too, but lets be real. American motocross got handed it's ass today by a guy on vacation.
St Ann More
8/26/2017 8:21pm
KennyT wrote:
There has not been an American in a long time who could go overseas for a 1 off race and ride like Herlings did today. What...
There has not been an American in a long time who could go overseas for a 1 off race and ride like Herlings did today. What he did is amazing and I'm pretty sure he would dominate in the US series much the way Roczen does when he is healthy. It would be great to have both series competing against one another full time now that it is obvious they are pretty equal with the current edge going to the GP regulars

And no this is not fishing....it's fact
Exactly, it was an impressive ride by Herlings!

Eli's moto's in Europe - 4th, 16th, 2nd, 8th, 6th, 3rd.

8/26/2017 8:30pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 8:31pm
And your not the smartest. 1: the loaner bike is a full factory Ktm race bike at US spec. 2: if you don't agree Tomac was...

Everything I wrote was fact. No one said Tomac was going flat out in the second moto. I didn't, anyway. I thought he should've pulled up...
Everything I wrote was fact. No one said Tomac was going flat out in the second moto. I didn't, anyway. I thought he should've pulled up in the first moto.

And let me give you some advice, Einstein. If you're going to judge the "smarts" of others, learn to use "you're." (On the other hand, I do love irony.)

grammar is important to who? It's a forum...

Idgaf about grammar when trying to type fast as possible on a phone.

4 out of 4 vs the entire GP field LAST YEAR. We will see what happens next week.

Also no one starts a sentence with and.......
8/26/2017 8:42pm
American series riders spend around 7 months of the year riding sx. Just saying
steed 2.0
8/26/2017 9:15pm
RandyS wrote:
I like America too, but lets be real. American motocross got handed it's ass today by a guy on vacation.

Sorry, couldn't resist Wink
Mr. G
8/26/2017 9:41pm
Some on this board knew how incredible Herlings is. Now we all know.

Post a reply to: Herlings 24-0

The Latest