Herlings at Southwick

drt410
Edited Date/Time 1/12/2019 6:35pm
As the track with probably the greatest one off rides can you imagine if he showed up at our sand track. That would be absolutely legendary. We need to start a petition to give this treat to the world lol. You know he wants to have an encore to the Ironman race to say once and for all “I smash dem” and what would be better?
|
Bidirella
1/12/2019 3:51am
That would be amazing! But it will never happend i think, Soutwick is always in the middle of the year and both series are going on. KTM got Herlings to win the title in the MXGP and Musquin over in the US.

This year he has no GP the weekend of the Soutwick National, but a weekend after that there is the GP of Asia. I dont see him across the world in less then a week when the battle with Cairoli is going on...
drt410
1/12/2019 4:08am
Maybe an injury year if hes out of the championship or has to start late.
Fresh
Fantasy
3304th
1/12/2019 4:18am
Bidirella wrote:
That would be amazing! But it will never happend i think, Soutwick is always in the middle of the year and both series are going on...
That would be amazing! But it will never happend i think, Soutwick is always in the middle of the year and both series are going on. KTM got Herlings to win the title in the MXGP and Musquin over in the US.

This year he has no GP the weekend of the Soutwick National, but a weekend after that there is the GP of Asia. I dont see him across the world in less then a week when the battle with Cairoli is going on...
As we have seen he can miss a round of MXGP and still take the title

The Shop

Flip109
1/12/2019 4:40am
Why would he do that? He Would be “sand”bagging. Everyone knows Americans are amateur sand riders. And as we saw at mxon, God forbid it rains LaughingLaughing
Bidirella
1/12/2019 4:47am
Fresh wrote:
Yes ofcourse, but will KTM let it happend? I dont think so
drt410
1/12/2019 5:13am
It would be so great just for the sport. Just like MXON is no pay but just for pride this would be a ride just for the sport of mx and the fans. A race that once its over its on tape forever and goes into the history books.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
1/12/2019 5:19am
Fresh wrote:
Maybe he could race both series at the same time and win them both? Blink
downard254
1/12/2019 7:28am
I’d rather see one or two of the top US riders go and hit the last 1 or 2 GP’s before the MXoN. Keep them sharp and just to see how they’d do without championship pressure. Maybe they’d get spanked, maybe they might surprise. But still worth the watch.
DonM
1/12/2019 7:30am
Southwick isn't the only sand track national anymore....
cbuehler767
1/12/2019 7:41am
Why is it always so and so from the GP's should come do a National? They clearly have us covered why don't our guys go do a GP?
1/12/2019 7:49am
Bidirella wrote:
That would be amazing! But it will never happend i think, Soutwick is always in the middle of the year and both series are going on...

Agreed on Jeff and the schedule which is a shame as i see no AMA racers coming to the GP's for a few races when they have chance. The final run in to MXDN is brutal again this year for the MXGP guys - i cannot believe the travel couldn't be better organised with at least a lay off week - there are gaps everywhere that could have been utilised, i know it is a lot to organise and they are pro's but it just seems.......

Let us not do injustice to other racers in the series though by only mentioning AC as his competition, in 2015 i had to keep insisting it wasn't just going to be the RV and AC show, low and behold Febvre came out and whooped everybody, it is racing after all. I expect Gajser among others to give a better fight for the title this year and fingers crossed it is a multi man battle at least for the majority of the season (i would pick and prefer jeff to win though, unless Max can get it), last year especially for Tim started badly with the Italy crash and lost him any hope of being anywhere close.

BTW guys - early bird deal on MXGP is expiring soon £89 quid all year , all events inc. practice and quali, including MXDN is a NOOOOOO brainer
ob
1/12/2019 7:53am
Pretty sure he has already proven the point. That's a lot of effort to smoke everybody again. I'd love to se it but that's not likely.
ob
1/12/2019 7:54am
DonM wrote:
It's not?
1/12/2019 7:54am
DonM wrote:
ob wrote:
It's not?
florida is on the circuit i believe, about bloody time
ob
1/12/2019 8:00am
DonM wrote:
ob wrote:
It's not?
Is that sandy like southwick? I need to see some footage of that, always cool when they add a new track.
ruy
1/12/2019 8:00am
Bidirella wrote:

If he wanted, he go to this race, there have been cases of GP riders doing races of the AMA, SX and MX and cases of US riders who have ride GP in the USA and outside the USA.

Only is need he wanted, he knows there are this race and the calendar

Herlings if you do you like smash the yankees, go, Jeffry go, go, go.
If he d´ont go, is because he like smash the yankees, but not to much, maybe is hoping yankees provocation for to go and smasch yankees another time

Or maybe he d´ont want left they the oportunity of revenge, Tomac in Soutwick is very fast...And Herlings know that...And also Rocen..Yes he is German, but ride in the US and always rival in the top mx world escene.

Herlings, smash o to be smash, this is the question.

If he does not go, it's because sometimes he talks too much,

Because there is a good chance of crushing the Yankees at home, if he misses this opportunity, he shows that he is not a real leader. A true leader whenever he has a chance, he shows it.

DonM
1/12/2019 8:11am
ob wrote:
It's not?
ob wrote:
Is that sandy like southwick? I need to see some footage of that, always cool when they add a new track.
Depends on how much clay they bring in naturally it's way sandier than the wick...they had the GP there.

1/12/2019 8:24am
Southwick is samdy but that's not what makes it such a tough track. A lot of abrupt elevation change, constant g-outs, lots of off camber areas and a lot of corners leaves the rider with nowhere at all to rest, there is barely time to take a breath. You are fighting 100% of that track.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
1/12/2019 8:27am
Bidirella wrote:

ruy wrote:
If he wanted, he go to this race, there have been cases of GP riders doing races of the AMA, SX and MX and cases of...
If he wanted, he go to this race, there have been cases of GP riders doing races of the AMA, SX and MX and cases of US riders who have ride GP in the USA and outside the USA.

Only is need he wanted, he knows there are this race and the calendar

Herlings if you do you like smash the yankees, go, Jeffry go, go, go.
If he d´ont go, is because he like smash the yankees, but not to much, maybe is hoping yankees provocation for to go and smasch yankees another time

Or maybe he d´ont want left they the oportunity of revenge, Tomac in Soutwick is very fast...And Herlings know that...And also Rocen..Yes he is German, but ride in the US and always rival in the top mx world escene.

Herlings, smash o to be smash, this is the question.

If he does not go, it's because sometimes he talks too much,

Because there is a good chance of crushing the Yankees at home, if he misses this opportunity, he shows that he is not a real leader. A true leader whenever he has a chance, he shows it.

Well that was a waste of time reading this post...
DPR250R
1/12/2019 9:15am
Southwick is samdy but that's not what makes it such a tough track. A lot of abrupt elevation change, constant g-outs, lots of off camber areas...
Southwick is samdy but that's not what makes it such a tough track. A lot of abrupt elevation change, constant g-outs, lots of off camber areas and a lot of corners leaves the rider with nowhere at all to rest, there is barely time to take a breath. You are fighting 100% of that track.
The weather can be a factor as well. I have been there many times when the heat and humidity is brutal.
1/12/2019 9:31am
He holds the belts, up to the challengers to step up and pay him a visit on the GP circuit.
1/12/2019 9:34am
DonM wrote:
It’s not really much of a sand track these days.
Just curious, how much seat time do you guys have at there?
RacerX8
1/12/2019 9:38am
I think we're almost at the point where Herlings at anywhere on earth = game over.
mxb2
1/12/2019 9:45am
RacerX8 wrote:
I think we're almost at the point where Herlings at anywhere on earth = game over.
Except florida and michigan.
MXMattii
1/12/2019 9:48am
I think Coldenhoff & Simpson would be nice additions to an Southwick race. Idem with Jago Geerts in 250.

Post a reply to: Herlings at Southwick

The Latest