Herlings next move...

Jeff alessi
Let's be real here guys, herlings at the end of the day won a national overall with ease, yes there was pressure on Eli closing the deal and yes Marvin had his long awaited moment with Jeffery after there years apart.. This thread is to point out the obvious, there is a big void at KTM losing THE Ryan dungey, where does ktm go from here, do they invest all in Marvin (very good decision) or continue ktm tradition of bringing in talent from Europe... marvin and roczen got the call, what happens now...
|
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
8/28/2017 5:22am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2017 5:25am
bullet goes back across the pond. mm and a healthy blake b. they will have 2 top guys already. the white ktms have Anderson and Zach attack coming as well. id say they are set.
tempura
8/28/2017 5:25am
What happens next? Pizza and a nap, I expect.
Seriously, he's signed up, makes huge money and likes being around Europe and home as much as possible, and It's his first season in the MXGP.
I can't see him moving over to the US just yet.
Ray_MXS
8/28/2017 5:25am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2017 5:26am
My prediction is that they invest all in Marvin next few years with Tickle as the perfect 2nd rider.
Marvin is a title contender in both SX and MX every year and would have been even with RD5 there.

Next big talent they´ll bring over from Europe is Jorge Prado but I cant really remember if he´s going for 2018 or waiting until 2019. That kid certainly has a bright future ahead.

Also Herling wont come over. He´s explained time and time again that he´s perfectly happy in the MXGP series and has made the decision to make his career there and not in the US.
Rowlands
8/28/2017 5:26am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2017 5:27am
Herlings has a 3 year contract for the MXGP.

Prado is likely to be the next guy KTM USA take on.

The Shop

early
Fantasy
2212th
8/28/2017 5:38am
Jeffrey stays in GPs until 2027 and KTM picks up Webb for 2019 season.
omalley
8/28/2017 5:48am
I would imagine Herlings accomplished what he wanted to accomplish this weekend as far as the US is concerned. Show up, mop the floor with our guys, leave. Yes, there will be plenty who will say "it was a one-off," "other guys had a title to worry about," "he had no pressure," etc. but the bottom line is that he went 1-1, and one of those was from the back. On a new track to him, in a country/series/format he's not used to. All anyone is going to remember years from now is "hey-remember that time Herlings came over from the GP's, decided to use a National as a warm-up for the USGP, and kicked our ass?"
agn5009
8/28/2017 5:51am
Ray_MXS wrote:
My prediction is that they invest all in Marvin next few years with Tickle as the perfect 2nd rider. Marvin is a title contender in both...
My prediction is that they invest all in Marvin next few years with Tickle as the perfect 2nd rider.
Marvin is a title contender in both SX and MX every year and would have been even with RD5 there.

Next big talent they´ll bring over from Europe is Jorge Prado but I cant really remember if he´s going for 2018 or waiting until 2019. That kid certainly has a bright future ahead.

Also Herling wont come over. He´s explained time and time again that he´s perfectly happy in the MXGP series and has made the decision to make his career there and not in the US.
Herlings did plan on coming over a few years ago. Watch the Moto 3 segment with him. He's actually pretty forward about it. He says he wants to win a few championships in the GP's then head to the USA to fight for a championship.

I don't think we'll see it for another 5 or 6 years, but he very well may come over and race the championship like Villopoto did with the GP's.
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
8/28/2017 5:54am
In his post race interview for Ironman he said he's not really interested in racing full time here.
Rowlands
8/28/2017 5:54am
omalley wrote:
I would imagine Herlings accomplished what he wanted to accomplish this weekend as far as the US is concerned. Show up, mop the floor with our...
I would imagine Herlings accomplished what he wanted to accomplish this weekend as far as the US is concerned. Show up, mop the floor with our guys, leave. Yes, there will be plenty who will say "it was a one-off," "other guys had a title to worry about," "he had no pressure," etc. but the bottom line is that he went 1-1, and one of those was from the back. On a new track to him, in a country/series/format he's not used to. All anyone is going to remember years from now is "hey-remember that time Herlings came over from the GP's, decided to use a National as a warm-up for the USGP, and kicked our ass?"
Wouldn't be surprised to see him back for another "one off" if the circumstances are right.
Flip109
8/28/2017 5:56am
He shows no interest in supercross, so there isn't really anything here for him to accomplish. Unless he just wants to live here in general and make his living. Which he does not. Most GP riders come here with the dream of racing supercross. If there was no interest in supercross then none would prob even come here. He'd rather chase world titles and records than a national one.
Jefro98
8/28/2017 5:57am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2017 5:57am
Rowlands wrote:
Herlings has a 3 year contract for the MXGP.

Prado is likely to be the next guy KTM USA take on.
Yep.
Herlings is happy where he is right now because it is where he grew up, went to school, has family and friends, raced the youth classes, EMX and now GP's.
All from his hometown in the Valkenswaard / Lierop / Lommel area, the center of motocross in Europe.
Why would he move to the USA if he has a future to be the topdog in MXGP and equally important, has no desire to race SX?

Prado spent most of his youth already away from his home in Spain to race the Euro races.
He went to school in Belgium and speaks perfectly Dutch and English by now.
Moving to the USA to pursue a career in SX and MX might be not too big of a deal to him anymore.
DP#201
8/28/2017 6:04am
Rowlands wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised to see him back for another "one off" if the circumstances are right.
I'm not so sure he will do it again. He proved a point! If he goes again, it will be very difficult to live up to the hype again, almost no matter how good he will do next time if he went, it will probably not be as good as Ironman 2017.

He proved what he had to, if he can do it at the MXGP of US next week it will be the perfect story, and impossible to live up to in years to come..
Ray_MXS
8/28/2017 6:13am
agn5009 wrote:
Herlings did plan on coming over a few years ago. Watch the Moto 3 segment with him. He's actually pretty forward about it. He says he...
Herlings did plan on coming over a few years ago. Watch the Moto 3 segment with him. He's actually pretty forward about it. He says he wants to win a few championships in the GP's then head to the USA to fight for a championship.

I don't think we'll see it for another 5 or 6 years, but he very well may come over and race the championship like Villopoto did with the GP's.
Have you read any interview before, during or after the Ironman National? He´s stated multiple times the last year and especially the last few weeks that he is happy racing MXGP. He once had a thought of going to the US but decided its too late now and he´s making his career in MXGP, end of story.

You´ll just have to settle with Tim Gajser which honestly when he is healthy and on game can be just as fast as Herlings. He´s starting to show his real self slowly now and dont be surprised if he comes out in the USGP with ferocious speed. He actually is aiming for the US scene and wanna show the folks there what he can really do.
TXDirt
8/28/2017 6:35am
If you can make a living doing MX only then why come over and race deathcross. He probably sees what happened to Ken and just says fuck that. Stick to the outdoors and make your millions.
philG
8/28/2017 6:40am
He realises , like most people , that the US is the place to be if you want to race SX,and if thats not your thing , its pointless.

My feeling is that most decent riders in europe are not interested in coming to the US like they used to be, like was said Prado may well be . but i feel that if he wins in MX2 , he wont throw up a career in GP's like Roczen did.

agn5009
8/28/2017 6:58am
agn5009 wrote:
Herlings did plan on coming over a few years ago. Watch the Moto 3 segment with him. He's actually pretty forward about it. He says he...

Ray_MXS wrote:
Have you read any interview before, during or after the Ironman National? He´s stated multiple times the last year and especially the last few weeks that...
Have you read any interview before, during or after the Ironman National? He´s stated multiple times the last year and especially the last few weeks that he is happy racing MXGP. He once had a thought of going to the US but decided its too late now and he´s making his career in MXGP, end of story.

You´ll just have to settle with Tim Gajser which honestly when he is healthy and on game can be just as fast as Herlings. He´s starting to show his real self slowly now and dont be surprised if he comes out in the USGP with ferocious speed. He actually is aiming for the US scene and wanna show the folks there what he can really do.
There's no point in arguing about something that neither one one of us actually know the answer to. I have heard what Herlings says about coming over. I also know he's in a 3 year contract. All I said was he has shown interest before. He talked about wanting to do SX and wanting to come here. That's all.

Herlings strikes me as the type of guy who wants to conquer everything. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes here to chase an MX championship before he retires. Like I said, neither one of us know the answer. Jeffrey probably doesn't even know the answer. But I'll continue to hope I get the chance to see Jeffrey come here and spank everyone for a championship.
Ray_MXS
8/28/2017 7:15am
agn5009 wrote:
There's no point in arguing about something that neither one one of us actually know the answer to. I have heard what Herlings says about coming...
There's no point in arguing about something that neither one one of us actually know the answer to. I have heard what Herlings says about coming over. I also know he's in a 3 year contract. All I said was he has shown interest before. He talked about wanting to do SX and wanting to come here. That's all.

Herlings strikes me as the type of guy who wants to conquer everything. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes here to chase an MX championship before he retires. Like I said, neither one of us know the answer. Jeffrey probably doesn't even know the answer. But I'll continue to hope I get the chance to see Jeffrey come here and spank everyone for a championship.
Well considering Herlings himself has said in MULTIPLE interviews that he WONT go the the US I´d say that unless Herling himself is lying (which I assume he isnt) that we actually know the answer to this question.

Could you please link me the articles where he said all the things you´re claiming he said?
mccread
8/28/2017 7:16am
philG wrote:
He realises , like most people , that the US is the place to be if you want to race SX,and if thats not your thing...
He realises , like most people , that the US is the place to be if you want to race SX,and if thats not your thing , its pointless.

My feeling is that most decent riders in europe are not interested in coming to the US like they used to be, like was said Prado may well be . but i feel that if he wins in MX2 , he wont throw up a career in GP's like Roczen did.

Yeah, if you want to be the best motocross guy you race MXGP, if you want to be the best SX guy and enjoy glamour of supercross, you go to the USA.
jeffro503
8/28/2017 7:17am
Yeah I don't see Herling's coming over here for an entire series. Really no need to on his end , and besides I think AC was planning on retiring at the end of 2019 I think? They'll need someone to fill that void. If Herlings can make a great living out of racing the MXGP's , why bother with learning SX?
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
8/28/2017 7:20am
Marvin has turned into what he needs to be to battle for championships (sx and mx) so I think it makes most sense for KTM to have him here and Herlings stay put in Europe.
As mentioned, he wasn't even really considering coming over here full time for now anyway.

Post a reply to: Herlings next move...

The Latest