Herlings to train with Aldon baker and saying Tomac is Gnarly

mccread
8/10/2017 9:27am
Good for Herlings. And he is right, Tomac has incredible speed in the USA and when he is 'on'. It's simple - most riders are at their best in their own country.

Herlings recognises that. Eli racing Jeffrey in Holland is harder than racing Jeffrey in the USA too.

But racing MXGP is different. So let's not go putting any crowns or presumptions on how Tomac would beat Cairoli/Herlings to a world title - the true measuring stick for outdoor motocross. You guys tried to say RV was better than AC for years, and look how that worked out when he finally raced MXGP - it's just totally different than US racing with all the variety in tracks, travel, and different countries every week, with no-one having constant home country advantage.

The world champ is the best in the world. The US champ the best in the US. Both are great but different series.

The MXGP series is a different ballgame to racing in your own country and even racing MXoN. But Tomac has the "wow" speed on his day especially on fast US style tracks, just like Herlings/Gajser and AC are incredible on their day too.

Eli knows where to go if he wants to be the best motocross rider in the world and that's winning an MXGP world title.

But right now he wants to be the best supercross rider in the world, because that's what it's all about in the USA, winning that 450 supercross title!

ATKpilot99
8/10/2017 10:20am
mccread wrote:
Good for Herlings. And he is right, Tomac has incredible speed in the USA and when he is 'on'. It's simple - most riders are at...
Good for Herlings. And he is right, Tomac has incredible speed in the USA and when he is 'on'. It's simple - most riders are at their best in their own country.

Herlings recognises that. Eli racing Jeffrey in Holland is harder than racing Jeffrey in the USA too.

But racing MXGP is different. So let's not go putting any crowns or presumptions on how Tomac would beat Cairoli/Herlings to a world title - the true measuring stick for outdoor motocross. You guys tried to say RV was better than AC for years, and look how that worked out when he finally raced MXGP - it's just totally different than US racing with all the variety in tracks, travel, and different countries every week, with no-one having constant home country advantage.

The world champ is the best in the world. The US champ the best in the US. Both are great but different series.

The MXGP series is a different ballgame to racing in your own country and even racing MXoN. But Tomac has the "wow" speed on his day especially on fast US style tracks, just like Herlings/Gajser and AC are incredible on their day too.

Eli knows where to go if he wants to be the best motocross rider in the world and that's winning an MXGP world title.

But right now he wants to be the best supercross rider in the world, because that's what it's all about in the USA, winning that 450 supercross title!

The fact it's even a discussion is telling . It's debatable who the best mxer in the world is .
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/10/2017 10:21am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2017 10:23am
mccread wrote:
Good for Herlings. And he is right, Tomac has incredible speed in the USA and when he is 'on'. It's simple - most riders are at...

Just to point it out to you, Eli hasn't had the results he has wanted but in all 4 MxDN motos he had the speed. He posted the fastest lap in every moto he raced. Hell on a 250 on the most un American track in Germany he was over two seconds a lap faster then the closest GP guy. Point I'm making is apperaitnly Tomac has Wow speed everywhere...

The Shop

F.B
8/10/2017 10:32am
Park Boys wrote:
Pathetic isint it. If i lived in Europe I wouldn't think so, I will say that. Will be the 6th time in History it's left Europe...
Pathetic isint it. If i lived in Europe I wouldn't think so, I will say that. Will be the 6th time in History it's left Europe, if it actually goes through but will see maybe Red Bud dosent want to lose money like Budds and thunder valley. Not just saying it should come to the states either. Ironic that the 18 location is announced yet. The world is a big place but it's pretty compact when it comes to the MxDN.
So next year will only be the 6th time in 72 editions it's left Europe and you think the real MXDN died in 99 because it's been in Europe almost exclusively since then.

Great logic.

ATKpilot99
8/10/2017 10:40am
Park Boys wrote:
Pathetic isint it. If i lived in Europe I wouldn't think so, I will say that. Will be the 6th time in History it's left Europe...
Pathetic isint it. If i lived in Europe I wouldn't think so, I will say that. Will be the 6th time in History it's left Europe, if it actually goes through but will see maybe Red Bud dosent want to lose money like Budds and thunder valley. Not just saying it should come to the states either. Ironic that the 18 location is announced yet. The world is a big place but it's pretty compact when it comes to the MxDN.
F.B wrote:
So next year will only be the 6th time in 72 editions it's left Europe and you think the real MXDN died in 99 because it's...
So next year will only be the 6th time in 72 editions it's left Europe and you think the real MXDN died in 99 because it's been in Europe almost exclusively since then.

Great logic.

MXdEurope Smile
robkinuk
8/10/2017 12:37pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2017 12:39pm
Park Boys wrote:
F.B wrote:
So next year will only be the 6th time in 72 editions it's left Europe and you think the real MXDN died in 99 because it's...

Great logic.

ATKpilot99 wrote:
MXdEurope Smile
You guys were late to the party and America didn't even start competing till late 70's, so trying to use total numbers of years the race has run vs number of times America has hosted it is misleading. As the old quote, there are statistics, damm statistics and lies!".
Perhaps you guys also forget American promoters cancelled the race in 2003 in SoCal and again this year but just ask any of the 40,000 + fans who flooded into Budds Creek to witness Ryan Vilopoto dominate and lead Team USA to victory if this is just a meaningless race?
ATKpilot99
8/10/2017 12:48pm
robkinuk wrote:
You guys were late to the party and America didn't even start competing till late 70's, so trying to use total numbers of years the race...
You guys were late to the party and America didn't even start competing till late 70's, so trying to use total numbers of years the race has run vs number of times America has hosted it is misleading. As the old quote, there are statistics, damm statistics and lies!".
Perhaps you guys also forget American promoters cancelled the race in 2003 in SoCal and again this year but just ask any of the 40,000 + fans who flooded into Budds Creek to witness Ryan Vilopoto dominate and lead Team USA to victory if this is just a meaningless race?
You're correct we were late to the party ....and yet our guys have won it the most times....weird.
robkinuk
8/10/2017 12:49pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2017 12:50pm
Park Boys wrote:
He won three motos in the AMA nationals last year and then dominated both GP's held in the states...
robkinuk wrote:
You septic tanks (Yanks) put far too much emphasis on Tomac's USGP victories when the rest of the MXGP regulars were in holiday mode at Charlotte...
You septic tanks (Yanks) put far too much emphasis on Tomac's USGP victories when the rest of the MXGP regulars were in holiday mode at Charlotte and Glen Helen, just riding out the end of their long 17 race series.
I'd be far more impressed if he stood up like a man and represented his country at the MXoN.
How come it's now a meaningless race to many American fans?, the same fans who basked in Team USA domination for many years?
You can't have it both ways or re-write history and forget the MXDN legacy that is surely worth more!
Once Team USA stopped winning the MXDN lost it's shine for many US fans, substituted by a meaningless Monster money race in tinsel town Las Vegas.
Feel sorry for Eli, but karma can be a bitch and come back to haunt him when still chasing that elusive SX title in 2018.
APLMAN99 wrote:
Septic tanks?

Are you 12?
It was a nickname Brits gave to American soldiers in World War 2 as it rhymes with Yanks only meant in jest, so don't get all upset over a bit of ribbing!WinkTongue
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/10/2017 1:12pm
F.B wrote:

Great logic.

ATKpilot99 wrote:
MXdEurope Smile
robkinuk wrote:
You guys were late to the party and America didn't even start competing till late 70's, so trying to use total numbers of years the race...
Your right it is misleading. 70 editions so far.
Europe - 65
North America - 3
South America - 1
Ausrtrilla - 1
Asia - 0
Africa - 0, this one is a stretch unitil you consider South Africa.
This is the "Olympics" of our sport.
8/10/2017 1:33pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
MXdEurope Smile
robkinuk wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
Your right it is misleading. 70 editions so far. Europe - 65 North America - 3 South America - 1 Ausrtrilla - 1 Asia - 0...
Europe - 65
North America - 3
South America - 1
Ausrtrilla - 1
Asia - 0
you forgot USSR ..
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/10/2017 2:29pm
robkinuk wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
Your right it is misleading. 70 editions so far. Europe - 65 North America - 3 South America - 1 Ausrtrilla - 1 Asia - 0...
Europe - 65
North America - 3
South America - 1
Ausrtrilla - 1
Asia - 0
you forgot USSR ..
That is in Eastern Europe.
DonM
8/10/2017 3:01pm
mccread wrote:

MXDouche Jr jumps in with his us vs them rhetoric....too bad you lost all your credibility last January....
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/10/2017 3:35pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2017 3:37pm
Park Boys wrote:
oh really ?
I would have changed your original response too.
Sodipop
8/10/2017 3:40pm
Park Boys wrote:
oh really ?
Park Boys wrote:
You have dedicated your life to minimalizing how good professional European motocross riders are.
8/10/2017 3:44pm
Park Boys wrote:
didnt feel the need to explain anything this time , so this was just right
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/10/2017 4:44pm
oh really ?
Park Boys wrote:
Sodipop wrote:
You have dedicated your life to minimalizing how good professional European motocross riders are.
Really? I have been saying Roczen is the best overall rider in the world for a few years now and Super Tony is my fav rider on either side of the pond.
PressPassP
8/11/2017 1:38am
mccread wrote:

Park Boys wrote:
Just to point it out to you, Eli hasn't had the results he has wanted but in all 4 MxDN motos he had the speed. He...
Just to point it out to you, Eli hasn't had the results he has wanted but in all 4 MxDN motos he had the speed. He posted the fastest lap in every moto he raced. Hell on a 250 on the most un American track in Germany he was over two seconds a lap faster then the closest GP guy. Point I'm making is apperaitnly Tomac has Wow speed everywhere...
I've often argued these points too, the fastest guy doesn't always win,him and Roczen pushed a blistering pace in an epic race together.We won't know quite how much Cairoli had in the tank in the other Moto though.
In the final race of the day Christophe Charlier set the fastest time by a clear margin too.
My argument was often against those back then slamming Cairoli as a failure and a loser because he hit a hay bayle in the first Moto and broke his wrist etc
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/11/2017 10:28am
mccread wrote:

Park Boys wrote:
Just to point it out to you, Eli hasn't had the results he has wanted but in all 4 MxDN motos he had the speed. He...
PressPassP wrote:
I've often argued these points too, the fastest guy doesn't always win,him and Roczen pushed a blistering pace in an epic race together.We won't know quite...
I've often argued these points too, the fastest guy doesn't always win,him and Roczen pushed a blistering pace in an epic race together.We won't know quite how much Cairoli had in the tank in the other Moto though.
In the final race of the day Christophe Charlier set the fastest time by a clear margin too.
My argument was often against those back then slamming Cairoli as a failure and a loser because he hit a hay bayle in the first Moto and broke his wrist etc
Yeah people think Tomac would have won Moto 1 without his crash, I don't. AC ran a touch slower times then Tomac but you could set a watch to those times. He wasn't pushing to hard it seemed.

Being a massive AC fan I was only happy that team USA won des nations for a few minutes and then I was just pissed when everyone would start slamming AC. It seemed like for years it was our guy vs AC and he shit the bed quite a few times, I would go from arguing about team USA being bad ass to slamming my country men for thinking AC couldn't hack it, until 2012 of course and then by 2014 people that used to say he sucked were on his nuts by then.
Rowlands
8/11/2017 11:24am
I wounder who would win if it genuinely was MXGP vs AMA on a neutral track.

Top 5 from each class in both series go head to head as a team race who wins ?

And I know GBR suck but my excuse is the population of the USA is almost 5 times as much as GBR so there is no doubt you will beat us. Just look at Olympic medals won, strong correlation between medals won and country population.
ATKpilot99
8/11/2017 11:40am
Rowlands wrote:
I wounder who would win if it genuinely was MXGP vs AMA on a neutral track. Top 5 from each class in both series go head...

And I know GBR suck but my excuse is the population of the USA is almost 5 times as much as GBR so there is no doubt you will beat us. Just look at Olympic medals won, strong correlation between medals won and country population.
Population is a factor but not the only factor. Belgium for instance has had more recent success than GBR and they have 11 million people. China has a billion and they suck. Top 5 AMA vs. MXGP would be interesting though.
Rowlands
8/11/2017 12:46pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Population is a factor but not the only factor. Belgium for instance has had more recent success than GBR and they have 11 million people. China...
Population is a factor but not the only factor. Belgium for instance has had more recent success than GBR and they have 11 million people. China has a billion and they suck. Top 5 AMA vs. MXGP would be interesting though.
Agreed I'm British though so always have an excuse.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/11/2017 1:25pm
Park Boys wrote:
Europe - 65
North America - 3
South America - 1
Ausrtrilla - 1
Asia - 0
Do you ever consider logistics?
This is not summer olympics where you take a pair of shoes and you're ready to go.
Where do 90% of the A-Final qualifiers come from?
DonM
8/11/2017 2:53pm
Rowlands wrote:
I wounder who would win if it genuinely was MXGP vs AMA on a neutral track. Top 5 from each class in both series go head...

Population is not really a factor but riders per capita would be the correct way to look at it...

Post a reply to: Herlings to train with Aldon baker and saying Tomac is Gnarly

The Latest