Historic ride. JS7 would be proud.

Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
8/26/2017 4:48pm
Sodipop wrote:
Cairoli isn't faster than herlings. He may have a huge points lead but that's because herlings broke his hand
Results vary. Cairoli torched Herlings at Lombardia. (Yeah yeah, it was nasty hot; Herlings is nine years younger too.)
Sodipop wrote:
It helps that cairol starts too 3 every moto and herlings has been terrible off the line on all those one lined GP tracks. He was...
It helps that cairol starts too 3 every moto and herlings has been terrible off the line on all those one lined GP tracks. He was probably loving how open the track was today
What about the second Moto at Arco. AC was on the ground the first corner on a follow the leader track. I agree with your last statement though that's one thing AMA tracks award is speed above all else.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
8/26/2017 4:49pm
It was an impressive ride. What it really proved to me though, is that Cairoli is the FMOTP....
cali11 wrote:
Do you even know why AC has that lead???
Because he is a living legend. That is years older than his comp and still leading the way again.
Sodipop
8/26/2017 4:50pm
Results vary. Cairoli torched Herlings at Lombardia. (Yeah yeah, it was nasty hot; Herlings is nine years younger too.)
Sodipop wrote:
It helps that cairol starts too 3 every moto and herlings has been terrible off the line on all those one lined GP tracks. He was...
It helps that cairol starts too 3 every moto and herlings has been terrible off the line on all those one lined GP tracks. He was probably loving how open the track was today
Park Boys wrote:
What about the second Moto at Arco. AC was on the ground the first corner on a follow the leader track. I agree with your last...
What about the second Moto at Arco. AC was on the ground the first corner on a follow the leader track. I agree with your last statement though that's one thing AMA tracks award is speed above all else.
What above it? Are you arguing that cairoli doesn't get much better starts than herlings?
8/26/2017 4:50pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 6:05pm
Sodipop wrote:
Winning is about racecraft as well as sheer speed, starts are part of racecraft, and Cairoli's racecraft is as good as it gets. That said, I think -- given good starts by both -- Herlings and Cairoli both woulda run way from the field today and had a race between themselves.

Oh, and also, Herlings was in second by the end of the first lap in both motos at Lombardia. Cairoli just dropped him in the late laps, plain and simple.

The Shop

wreckitrandy
8/26/2017 5:46pm
It was an impressive ride. What it really proved to me though, is that Cairoli is the FMOTP....
cali11 wrote:
Do you even know why AC has that lead???
Do you even lift?
RandyS
8/26/2017 6:24pm
Today will be remembered as the day that the country of Europe took motocross back.
Yep
8/26/2017 6:36pm
"" I just think the prestige of an AMA outdoor title may take a big hit today. RandyS"
RandyS
8/26/2017 6:52pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 7:10pm
Yep wrote:
"" I just think the prestige of an AMA outdoor title may take a big hit today. RandyS"
Am I getting the footer or not? Danny, pffft.
Yep
8/26/2017 6:54pm
You had a moment of clarity, enjoy
agn5009
8/26/2017 6:58pm
Sodipop wrote:
Cairoli isn't faster than herlings. He may have a huge points lead but that's because herlings broke his hand
Yeah, and everyone forgets that this is Herlings' rookie year I'm MX1. Imagine a rookie from the 250 class moving up, such as Forkner for example, winning numerous races and finishing 2nd in the points. We'd all be talking about how amazing he is and how he's the next big thing.
TXDirt
8/26/2017 7:06pm
He's a baller. Only American who has his speed is Eli.

He carries so much speed through the corners. Even the deep corner ruts he doesn't bury it and let the bike get hooked. He some how stays above those deep rut outs and is so smooth in them.

Eli has his speed covered but had to take care of business and win a championship.

Herlings
Marvin
KRoc
Eli

Fastest riders in the world currently.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
8/26/2017 7:08pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Man I would have loved to see the real ET in that race.
Maybe next week
I hope so too!
Gandorlf wrote:
Next week ET3 will come out swinging for sure. Eli even said his ego got the better of him 1st moto. It's good to see he...
Next week ET3 will come out swinging for sure. Eli even said his ego got the better of him 1st moto. It's good to see he learned from past mistakes and did what had to be done 2nd moto.
So guess I'm a little confused as to how Eli is going to come out swinging any harder if he admitted that he was trying too hard that first moto? I get that he shouldn't have done it to clinch the championship, but him saying that is saying he came out swinging today and all it did was lead to him going down.
RandyS
8/26/2017 7:12pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 7:14pm
TXDirt wrote:
He's a baller. Only American who has his speed is Eli. He carries so much speed through the corners. Even the deep corner ruts he doesn't...

He carries so much speed through the corners. Even the deep corner ruts he doesn't bury it and let the bike get hooked. He some how stays above those deep rut outs and is so smooth in them.

Eli has his speed covered but had to take care of business and win a championship.

Herlings
Marvin
KRoc
Eli

Herlings
Cairolli
Marvin
Eli
3-10 in MX1

Add Roczen and Bagett to that when fully healed.
PjotrrB
8/26/2017 7:30pm
TXDirt wrote:
He's a baller. Only American who has his speed is Eli. He carries so much speed through the corners. Even the deep corner ruts he doesn't...

Herlings
Marvin
KRoc
Eli

RandyS wrote:

Herlings
Cairolli
Marvin
Eli
3-10 in MX1

You omitted a few there:
Cairoli
Herlings
Roczen
Gajser
Tomac
Musquin
Paulin
Bagget
Febre

More or less in that order

Peter
RandyS
8/26/2017 8:11pm
TXDirt wrote:

Herlings
Marvin
KRoc
Eli

RandyS wrote:

Herlings
Cairolli
Marvin
Eli
3-10 in MX1

PjotrrB wrote:
You omitted a few there:
Cairoli
Herlings
Roczen
Gajser
Tomac
Musquin
Paulin
Bagget
Febre

More or less in that order

Peter
No, I called them 3-10. I was being lazy.
USMCMXer
8/26/2017 8:19pm
TXDirt wrote:

Herlings
Marvin
KRoc
Eli

Not exactly "currently" in the case of KROC...
TXDirt
8/26/2017 8:29pm
TXDirt wrote:

Herlings
Marvin
KRoc
Eli

RandyS wrote:

Herlings
Cairolli
Marvin
Eli
3-10 in MX1

I meant to add Tony as well.
olds cool
8/26/2017 8:34pm
I thought this thread was going to be about JS7 being proud that somebody scored enough points in just one race to keep their number next year. Oh, never mind..
MX-LIFE.
8/26/2017 9:09pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Why would JS7 be proud ?
tickleme20 wrote:
Charging thru the pack from practically dead last to a win, like JS7 did in 03 at Budds Creek
bobby397 wrote:
Except the leader didn't crash. That said, Herlings flat out killed it today
I assume that in 03 James Stewart didn't crash or did crash and still won?
line-up
8/26/2017 9:15pm
tickleme20 wrote:
Charging thru the pack from practically dead last to a win, like JS7 did in 03 at Budds Creek
bobby397 wrote:
Except the leader didn't crash. That said, Herlings flat out killed it today
MX-LIFE. wrote:
I assume that in 03 James Stewart didn't crash or did crash and still won?
But motos were longer....
wreckitrandy
8/26/2017 9:47pm
Sodipop wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Yeah, and everyone forgets that this is Herlings' rookie year I'm MX1. Imagine a rookie from the 250 class moving up, such as Forkner for example...
Yeah, and everyone forgets that this is Herlings' rookie year I'm MX1. Imagine a rookie from the 250 class moving up, such as Forkner for example, winning numerous races and finishing 2nd in the points. We'd all be talking about how amazing he is and how he's the next big thing.
Yeah, and Cairoli will be 32 in less than a month. Herlings may be a rookie in the big boy class but, he's 23 years old. He rode amazingly well today. Full props to him and all his klingons. He certainly looks as you say, like the next big thing. But if you want to be the man, you've got to beat the man. Maybe next year!
tek14
8/27/2017 12:00am
So could JH drop 84 from his number for next year?
8/27/2017 12:33am
Are you sure about the number thing ? :laugh: Pretty sure i've seen Herlings ride with 84 ever since he was on Suzuki 85's in the...
Are you sure about the number thing ? Laughing Pretty sure i've seen Herlings ride with 84 ever since he was on Suzuki 85's in the dutch national series. Maybye Coldenhoff ? He still rides 259

--

Anyway awesome day! Legendary preformance by Herlings. Really wish we'd see guys from both series compete versus eachother more often the hype for this stuff is awesome.
mxjon454
8/27/2017 12:38am
Sodipop wrote:
Hasnt Cairoli gotten the better of Herlings in more races this year?
8/27/2017 1:03am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2017 1:07am
mxjon454 wrote:
Hasnt Cairoli gotten the better of Herlings in more races this year?
if you leave the first 5 races out of it because of Herlings injury they are pretty close in points ... up to Sweden the difference was only 4 points or so , Cairoli being the far better starter with 13 or 14 holeshot against top 5 and mostly top 10 starts. ... at the end of the day , Tony was by far the best and most consistant this year so he is the new champ ..
Next year i see Herlings knocking that title door when healthy and fit a whole season and the experience of a 450 season
TimR
8/27/2017 1:14am
Motofinne wrote:
That was a display that i wont forget. Huge thanks to Herlings for racing this race!
Yep it was beautiful! Im glad I got to see him live in Sweden.

Noone could stay with him and not crash today.
TimR
8/27/2017 1:19am
TXDirt wrote:

Herlings
Marvin
KRoc
Eli

Eli has him covered? He crashed trying to stay with him. He rode over his head, even Grant Langston said so.

Post a reply to: Historic ride. JS7 would be proud.

The Latest