How did 4 announcers/Reporters miss Tomac crash?

TXDirt
Edited Date/Time 2/19/2019 7:02am
I saw out of the corner of the camera a green Kawasaki down. Had a good feeling it might have been Tomac. Half lap later the leader board showed Tomac down to 6th or something. This whole time not a single mention from either of the two announcers or either of the two on track reporters.

Was a huge moment in the race. I believe Blair was droning on about something during this moment. Can’t quite recall exactly. But I remember thinking when are the folks paid to call the race going to notice Tomac crashed out of second place.
|
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
2/17/2019 6:42am
Because there was a bigger story at that particular moment. Ricky’s kid uses Ken Roczen in a video game.
eGGz
2/17/2019 6:45am
TXDirt wrote:
I saw out of the corner of the camera a green Kawasaki down. Had a good feeling it might have been Tomac. Half lap later the...
I saw out of the corner of the camera a green Kawasaki down. Had a good feeling it might have been Tomac. Half lap later the leader board showed Tomac down to 6th or something. This whole time not a single mention from either of the two announcers or either of the two on track reporters.

Was a huge moment in the race. I believe Blair was droning on about something during this moment. Can’t quite recall exactly. But I remember thinking when are the folks paid to call the race going to notice Tomac crashed out of second place.
Primary function: Promoting monster energy products and paid advertiser products.
Secondary function: Calling the race.
CozMan
2/17/2019 6:50am
seriously. We can pick on the announcing all day long, but this season has been absolutely AWFUL with the production crew missing major moments of the race...while crowd goes insane...and every single person watching on tv screaming "Where is Tomac??!!" and the announcing crew saying NOTHING about it. Has happened time and again this year - it's like they've been told to talk about nothing but what is on the screen at the moment.
71Fish
2/17/2019 6:55am
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Because there was a bigger story at that particular moment. Ricky’s kid uses Ken Roczen in a video game.
I bet he switches to Webb.

The Shop

Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
2/17/2019 7:14am
Dirtydeeds wrote:
71Fish wrote:
I bet he switches to Webb.
I could see him jumping on the webb wagon. Hell, Ricky’s on both wagons.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
2/17/2019 7:17am
Yeah you would think the producer would be looking at live timing and see what's happening. Heat race Hill gaining on Kenny, but they don't show it (Hill eventually fades, but timing looked like it was close for a bit). Race crowd is going nuts, you can see a green bike down (wasn't sure if Savaety or Tomac) and then see timing Eli dropping. Nope don't cut them off from the video game story....And even when they eventually realized what was going on, like they didn't make a big deal of it, oh Eli was passed...smh
77Moto
2/17/2019 7:18am
Whenever you see Blair, he's looking at his phone.
nc97
2/17/2019 7:20am
When Ricky was talking about Roczen , That bit was prerecorded during the last practice that day, My guess is the threw that bit in there and couldn’t comment till it played through.
500guy
2/17/2019 7:30am
I don't mind the announcing I guess maybe because I'm a huge RC fan.

My wife sits there and reads while I watch the race and towards the end she casually mentioned , it wouldn't be to bad if she didn't have to listen to the announcing.
Ted722
2/17/2019 7:33am
That was definitely a major malfunction. They never miss a chance to get an iso on a Monster rider...until now.
just James
2/17/2019 7:34am
It's like they think we tune in to hear the broadcast team bestow their wisdom on us.
The race is just something going on in the background to fill the dead spots in their conversation.
greenmx5
2/17/2019 7:38am
Queue the following comments.

Be lucky we get to watch racing live

I remember the ESPN days

I remember reading results in cycle news 3 weeks later

Why don't you try it
dkg
2/17/2019 7:43am
I think they are in a location where they only see what we see on the screen. Unless I am wrong they probably didn’t know about it until getting an audio prompt in their ears immediately before they replayed his crash. Let’s give them a break on this. They have a job that requires them to comment about what is on the screen so they focus on that. If live timing isn’t on the screen they don’t have the same ability we do at home to look at it on another device. Nor do they have the time to concentrate on live timing since they are commenting on the current screen view. Yeah, they’ve missed a few things and given us a few dumb comments but basically they seem to be doing as well as it’s been over the last few years.
dancolvin633
Fantasy
2236th
2/17/2019 7:45am
TXDirt wrote:
I saw out of the corner of the camera a green Kawasaki down. Had a good feeling it might have been Tomac. Half lap later the...

Maybe since you “can’t quite recall exactly”, why don’t you replay it and find out before calling Blair out. You do realize he and Wil are trackside and only talk when it’s sent to them by Ralph. They can’t just jump in and start speaking automatically. Pretty unfair of you really.
JoePit
2/17/2019 7:49am
Tomac going down is a pretty big deal not sure why they couldn't get back to the video game story later. At the end of the day it's not a big deal the highlight of last night was definitely the race and nothing else really matters.
2/17/2019 7:49am
nc97 wrote:
When Ricky was talking about Roczen , That bit was prerecorded during the last practice that day, My guess is the threw that bit in there...
When Ricky was talking about Roczen , That bit was prerecorded during the last practice that day, My guess is the threw that bit in there and couldn’t comment till it played through.
Really?? Why would they do that
wolf918
2/17/2019 7:50am
greenmx5 wrote:
Queue the following comments. Be lucky we get to watch racing live I remember the ESPN days I remember reading results in cycle news 3 weeks...
Queue the following comments.

Be lucky we get to watch racing live

I remember the ESPN days

I remember reading results in cycle news 3 weeks later

Why don't you try it
I am appreciative to see a race live. But it’s 2019, it should be live. Tired of hearing “we should feel lucky” it’s not the 90’s.
Hank_Thrill
2/17/2019 7:51am
One quick fit would be to edit the race and air the a week later. Then Ricky and Ralph could have second takes. Every bitching thread about how poor the production is could be easily solved by this remedy.

Thoughts?
brocster
2/17/2019 7:52am
Ted722 wrote:
That was definitely a major malfunction. They never miss a chance to get an iso on a Monster rider...until now.
News flash! Please stop trying to dumb down the broadcast so a channel surfer that stops on it may get an understanding. Most people that are watching already know the basics and most new comers are WITH or around someone that knows. Quit the elementry $hit and announce the race. Nothing more, nothing less.
nc97
2/17/2019 7:52am
There mics were not live when Tomac went down. The producers were playing a conversation Ricky had during the last practice. They can’t call the race when prerecorded shit is playing. Wasn’t Ricky or Ralph’s fault .
500guy
2/17/2019 7:54am
nc97 wrote:
When Ricky was talking about Roczen , That bit was prerecorded during the last practice that day, My guess is the threw that bit in there...
Find out why they would show a clip from practice while the Main event is going on while you are at it.
Johnny Ringo
2/17/2019 7:56am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2019 8:02am
It’s the production crew that sucks. Ralph and ricky just say what comes in on the headset
just James
2/17/2019 7:56am
Imagine this happening during a F1 or nascar race.
nc97
2/17/2019 8:12am
nc97 wrote:
500guy wrote:
Find out why they would show a clip from practice while the Main event is going on while you are at it.
I guess they ( production crew) figured it would be a good time to throw that clip in, figuring nothing would happen. I was like wait a minute I’ve heard all this before. Don’t know what everyone is so upset over , Not like they didn’t go back and show Tomac going down .
Goon126
2/17/2019 8:17am
It was either Ricky closes his eyes in the midst of a story or it was a prerecorded convo. I was screaming at the TV "did Tomac just go down!?" meanwhile Ricky is talking about a game or how he is really hard on Ken which i heard about 10 times last night.
SPYGUY
Fantasy
725th
2/17/2019 8:29am
nc97 wrote:
There mics were not live when Tomac went down. The producers were playing a conversation Ricky had during the last practice. They can’t call the race...
There mics were not live when Tomac went down. The producers were playing a conversation Ricky had during the last practice. They can’t call the race when prerecorded shit is playing. Wasn’t Ricky or Ralph’s fault .
What are you even talking about? They were 100% live at that time. What you're saying doesn't even make sense.
nc97
2/17/2019 8:34am
nc97 wrote:
There mics were not live when Tomac went down. The producers were playing a conversation Ricky had during the last practice. They can’t call the race...
SPYGUY wrote:
What are you even talking about? They were 100% live at that time. What you're saying doesn't even make sense.
If I hadn’t watched practice I would have thought the same thing , but that was a clip from practice. Word for word
tek14
2/17/2019 8:34am
RC didnt see anything but Roxens RED pants that were awesome and great rider inside those pants.. maybe others dont want to cut RC when he was on fire with his Roxen story.

Post a reply to: How did 4 announcers/Reporters miss Tomac crash?

The Latest