How did Anderson not get docked

brimx153
Edited Date/Time 6/17/2017 8:06am
He went off the track ,on the smooth part outside track markers , then passed Tickle because of it .I dont know how that not gaining an advantage
|
6/4/2017 1:19pm
He did it multiple laps and had other smooth sections outside the markers... the way RV did it was pretty legit but Anderson was blatant kinda lost a little respect for him... Can't deny his will to win though.
huckabuck
6/12/2017 11:15am
Should have been docked for sure. Lame they didn't do anything about it. I thought this would have been a bigger deal. Guess not.
DC
6/12/2017 11:30am
Date: June 9, 2017

To: ALL AMA PRO RACING MOTOCROSS LICENSE HOLDERS

Re: COMPETITION BULLETIN 2017-4

Thunder Valley 450 Moto 2

Following a review of this past weekend's race at Thunder Valley, MX Sports Pro Racing has made the determination that both Justin Barcia and Jason Anderson were in violation of section 2.11.a, On Track Regulations, of the 2017 AMA Pro Racing Rules for Motocross Competition.

a. Riders must remain on the marked course. The course will be marked by track markers, boundary markers, hay bales, tuff blocks, dirt mounds, etc.. If the marking devices are knocked down, the rider must stay on the original marked course.

Jason Anderson has also been found in violation of section 2.11.b, On Track Regulations, of the 2017 AMA Pro Racing Rules for Motocross Competition.

b. A rider leaving the course may continue the race by properly re-entering the course at the closest point to where the rider left the course, without gaining an advantage. If a rider leaves the course for any reason, the rider must immediately slow down to a safe speed so as not to endanger life or limb of other riders, crew members, officials, or the public. It will be the responsibility of the Race Director or his designee to determine whether the rider gained an advantage upon re-entry or failed to slow down after leaving the course. A rider may be determined to have gained an advantage without gaining a position.

Both riders have received Official Warnings as a result of these violations. Jason Anderson has further been fined $2,500 for his excessive speed while off the marked course. This fine has been suspended, pending no further violations.
6/12/2017 11:49am
DC wrote:
Date: June 9, 2017 To: ALL AMA PRO RACING MOTOCROSS LICENSE HOLDERS From: MX SPORTS PRO RACING Re: COMPETITION BULLETIN 2017-4 Thunder Valley 450 Moto 2...

Following a review of this past weekend's race at Thunder Valley, MX Sports Pro Racing has made the determination that both Justin Barcia and Jason Anderson were in violation of section 2.11.a, On Track Regulations, of the 2017 AMA Pro Racing Rules for Motocross Competition.

a. Riders must remain on the marked course. The course will be marked by track markers, boundary markers, hay bales, tuff blocks, dirt mounds, etc.. If the marking devices are knocked down, the rider must stay on the original marked course.

Jason Anderson has also been found in violation of section 2.11.b, On Track Regulations, of the 2017 AMA Pro Racing Rules for Motocross Competition.

b. A rider leaving the course may continue the race by properly re-entering the course at the closest point to where the rider left the course, without gaining an advantage. If a rider leaves the course for any reason, the rider must immediately slow down to a safe speed so as not to endanger life or limb of other riders, crew members, officials, or the public. It will be the responsibility of the Race Director or his designee to determine whether the rider gained an advantage upon re-entry or failed to slow down after leaving the course. A rider may be determined to have gained an advantage without gaining a position.

Both riders have received Official Warnings as a result of these violations. Jason Anderson has further been fined $2,500 for his excessive speed while off the marked course. This fine has been suspended, pending no further violations.
SX should take note, this is how penalties should be addressed. Publicly, and with explanation.

The Shop

TXDirt
6/12/2017 12:03pm
It was repeated violations during the race. Amazing no points and position penalty. Looks like you get one round to continue to ride/race outside the boundaries with impunity. If I'm a rider I just save that till the last round and hopefully the championship points are close. Then just make your way around the track however you see fit.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
6/12/2017 12:09pm
TXDirt wrote:
It was repeated violations during the race. Amazing no points and position penalty. Looks like you get one round to continue to ride/race outside the boundaries...
It was repeated violations during the race. Amazing no points and position penalty. Looks like you get one round to continue to ride/race outside the boundaries with impunity. If I'm a rider I just save that till the last round and hopefully the championship points are close. Then just make your way around the track however you see fit.
Come on...
6/12/2017 12:10pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2017 12:11pm
Not the first time Anderson's had some creative lines off the track, I think it was Budds Creek in his 250 days he was making up big time by low lining a jump and almost going around it altogether.

As for what Barcia did it's not the first time we've seen that happen in a similar section, I think it was 2013 RV went off the track where Baggett passed Tomac and he definitely did not slow down lol he had a full slide going dust flying everywhere.
Juice_Mann
6/12/2017 1:14pm
If someone told me before the race that two riders were going to try and cheat these are the first two guys I would have guessed.
F.B
6/12/2017 1:20pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
If someone told me before the race that two riders were going to try and cheat these are the first two guys I would have guessed.
Haha, I was going to post the exact same thing.
Johnny Depp
6/12/2017 2:28pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2017 2:31pm
Toothless Tiger. This very rule was addressed in a thread regarding Hangtown and Forkner with DC.

The fans deserve better. I have to assume that everyone saw this on Live TV? How about real time penalties with a black flag time out. If you cheat you should pay the price, that will stop it. If you wait until after the race there are far too many political things that can go wrong.
TeamGreen
6/12/2017 2:41pm
DC wrote:
Date: June 9, 2017 To: ALL AMA PRO RACING MOTOCROSS LICENSE HOLDERS From: MX SPORTS PRO RACING Re: COMPETITION BULLETIN 2017-4 Thunder Valley 450 Moto 2...

TripleFive wrote:
SX should take note, this is how penalties should be addressed. Publicly, and with explanation.
Nicely noted; and, for the social media Bitchers and Whiners....

This HAS BEEN RECOGNIZED AND ADDRESSED...so, feel free to move on to your next bitch-fest.
DonM
6/12/2017 2:44pm
Toothless Tiger. This very rule was addressed in a thread regarding Hangtown and Forkner with DC. The fans deserve better. I have to assume that everyone...
Toothless Tiger. This very rule was addressed in a thread regarding Hangtown and Forkner with DC.

The fans deserve better. I have to assume that everyone saw this on Live TV? How about real time penalties with a black flag time out. If you cheat you should pay the price, that will stop it. If you wait until after the race there are far too many political things that can go wrong.
Yeah it has worked for SX....might as well just hire Gallagher for the outdoors too....just to keep things consistent...Laughing
Johnny Depp
6/12/2017 3:28pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2017 8:09pm
Toothless Tiger. This very rule was addressed in a thread regarding Hangtown and Forkner with DC. The fans deserve better. I have to assume that everyone...

DonM wrote:
Yeah it has worked for SX....might as well just hire Gallagher for the outdoors too....just to keep things consistent...Laughing
There is a referee at every event. They need to do something. I am not advocating kicking them out of the race, but being held in the pits for a period of time, maybe 1/2 a lap?
DonM
6/12/2017 4:06pm

DonM wrote:
There is a referee at every event. They need to do something. I am not advocating kicking them out of the race, but being held in...
There is a referee at every event. They need to do something. I am not advocating kicking them out of the race, but being held in the pits for a period of time, maybe 1/2 a lap?
How you describe it is exactly what we have in SX a single person that make decisions on the spot (sometime emotional) without looking at any other criteria...and that has been an absolute inconsistent joke...MXSports takes the time to look at the situation after the fact with more evidence...or lack thereof...and makes their decision based on that...you may not agree with it but at least they have been consistent....and you can't say that about SX and the FIM with Gallagher
Johnny Depp
6/12/2017 4:11pm
Umm, so far no one has been penalized. Yep, that's consistent alright.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
6/12/2017 4:25pm
DC wrote:

TripleFive wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Nicely noted; and, for the social media Bitchers and Whiners....

This HAS BEEN RECOGNIZED AND ADDRESSED...so, feel free to move on to your next bitch-fest.
Laughing
mxridr
6/12/2017 4:43pm
It has been addressed perfectly IMO. They were notified that they were pushing the rules and they are now on notice and being watched. I wouldn't consider either one of them as "cheating" in the last race. Pushing the limit, sure. Cheating? No.
ga_pike
6/12/2017 4:50pm
Go back to wooden stakes with those triangle shaped banners... that'll fix it.

aeffertz
6/12/2017 4:54pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
F.B wrote:
Haha, I was going to post the exact same thing.
Which 250 riders would you expect to be "cheating" like this? Because I have video of a handful of guys doing the same thing.
Rockinar
6/12/2017 5:02pm
$2500 for fine guys risking their life to win $500. LOL
olds cool
6/12/2017 5:57pm
Professional competitors should know the rules before entering a professional event. If you get caught cheating, you should be docked championship points. Pretty simple really. I understand that without radio communication directly to the rider it may be difficult to enforce some kind of stop and go penalty during a moto but after a proper post race review, penalties should be handed out. No double secret probation schtuff.
DonM
6/12/2017 6:35pm
Too many "rule" makers on here and not enough racers...jeez what a bunch of friggin cry babies...the people who made the rules went by their rules....
Zycki11
6/12/2017 6:53pm
I may be in the minority here, but wtf happened to rules that were upheld? If you cut the track, if you run outside the track markers. You should get fined, and you should lose a few points. If the rules are upheld, those same guys would think twice. Chicken crap I tell ya.
TeamGreen
6/12/2017 7:07pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
Dr. Dre and Snoop addressed dudes like you on the album "2001".

Truth.

You're welcome.
Juice_Mann
6/12/2017 7:30pm
Why would a fine even be a punishment in a situation like this? As stated earlier in the thread most racers aren't making enough money to afford a fine. They should either be docked positions/points or disqualified depending on the severity of the situation.
Juice_Mann
6/12/2017 7:33pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:

Truth.

You're welcome.
Forgive my ignorance but which song are we talking about? I've never purchased a Snoop Dogg album.
TeamGreen
6/12/2017 7:40pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:

Truth.

You're welcome.
Juice_Mann wrote:
Forgive my ignorance but which song are we talking about? I've never purchased a Snoop Dogg album.
It's a Dre album, Snoop jus' contributed to the theme.

That's all.

You'll have to figure me; but, I like to leave all the racing on the track and actually get involved in the REAL rules, enforcement & regulation; so, I'm not too tolerant of all this "Monday Morning" internet pitch-fork ranting bull shit.
Sargent Rock
6/12/2017 8:03pm
DC wrote:

Where is your boy "Duke Finch" at the time of violation? Anyone paying attention?

Post a reply to: How did Anderson not get docked

The Latest