How different would times have been? (Rbsr)

p3fab
Edited Date/Time 10/22/2018 9:31pm
Loved watching the race yesterday wouldn’t change anything about it but I wonder what the times would have been compared to 4 stroke? Seems like watching you couldn’t do it any faster but I’m sure it would be. I think you could “hit the marks” easier on a 4 stroke
|
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
10/21/2018 5:09pm
If 2 strokes still ruled, RC wouldn't be the goat.
tkimb
10/21/2018 5:15pm
I think the fastest probably wouldn't be too much off, but a lot of the "slower" guys would have been quicker. Easier to hit the marks, but guys like Dungey were still hitting them flawless on the 2 stroke.
p3fab
10/21/2018 5:37pm
That’s what I was thinking. I dont know that any other options would have been open to hit a quad or something like that
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
10/21/2018 5:43pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Not sure I agree. Ricky was one of the last to switch. When it came to outdoors he had more in the tank than stewie.

The Shop

10/21/2018 6:04pm Edited Date/Time 10/21/2018 6:06pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Maybe you could elaborate on that statement. RC had a perfect MX season on the 2 stroke and on the 4 stroke. Dude was just fast on 2 wheels.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/21/2018 6:09pm
Last week I asked a championship-caliber rider, "Which sounds better? Two-stroke or four?"

"For sure two."

Then I asked, "Which one would you rather race?"

"For sure my 450."
Ewan49
10/21/2018 6:41pm
GuyB wrote:
Last week I asked a championship-caliber rider, "Which sounds better? Two-stroke or four?" "For sure two." Then I asked, "Which one would you rather race?" "For...
Last week I asked a championship-caliber rider, "Which sounds better? Two-stroke or four?"

"For sure two."

"For sure my 450."
Would be interesting to know what his exact reasons are for that last answer.
plynn41
10/21/2018 6:43pm
GuyB wrote:
Last week I asked a championship-caliber rider, "Which sounds better? Two-stroke or four?" "For sure two." Then I asked, "Which one would you rather race?" "For...

"For sure two."

"For sure my 450."
And there you have it...
I race a two stroke because I think it is more fun. If I was more serious and competitive, I'd be on a thumper.
mxb2
10/21/2018 6:44pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Nobody is beating rc. On any bike. He found a way to win.
Crush
10/21/2018 6:48pm
UpTiTe wrote:
What? He won the majority of his titles on two strokes, including the last two stroke titles against 4 strokes.
crf250pilot
10/21/2018 6:49pm
UpTiTe wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
I think Stewie would've had alot more wins if they stuck to 2-strokes.
Racer111
10/21/2018 6:50pm
A race that would have been fun to watch would have been James Stewart in 2004 race his 125 in the 250 Nationals. I guarantee he would have given RC all he wanted and then some. That’s still the most impressive thing I’ve even seen. Only 125 on the gate and winning against all the 4 strokes by over a minute.
zehn
10/21/2018 6:54pm
GuyB wrote:

"For sure two."

"For sure my 450."
Ewan49 wrote:
Because they're superior racing vehicles as the rules stand now.
Ewan49
10/21/2018 6:58pm
GuyB wrote:

"For sure two."

"For sure my 450."
Ewan49 wrote:
zehn wrote:
A championship-caliber rider wouldn't give such a shallow, non-intellect reason!
RCMXracing
10/21/2018 7:01pm
UpTiTe wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
So did Lance.
mxb2
10/21/2018 7:05pm
UpTiTe wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
RCMXracing wrote:
So did Lance.
No idea what lance you are talking about.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
10/21/2018 7:06pm
I think Stewie would've had alot more wins if they stuck to 2-strokes.
I agree with this too. RC and Stewy were really skilled on the two stroke.

I think Reed was really really good on a YZ250.
Moto96
10/21/2018 7:30pm
Not much. That track was almost too tight for that level of Pro on a 2 stroke. Lots of over jumping to flat and even onto the next faces which accounted for 95% of the mistakes made.

They underestimated the speed of those guys and how fast a 250 2 stroke can go when you twist it.. Even Carson Brown was over jumping some things on a 125. However, having to slow down kept the racing much tighter.

No complaints, just what I saw.
bodean123
Fantasy
2132nd
10/21/2018 7:34pm
GuyB wrote:

"For sure two."

"For sure my 450."
I don’t think this has ever been a debate as far as the racer goes, who goal is turn consistant fast laps.

As far as a spectator and fan, in my opinion, 2 strokes provide better racing because it is harder and to turn those consistent laps.
Moto96
10/21/2018 7:43pm
GuyB wrote:

"For sure two."

"For sure my 450."
bodean123 wrote:
I don’t think this has ever been a debate as far as the racer goes, who goal is turn consistant fast laps. As far as a...
I don’t think this has ever been a debate as far as the racer goes, who goal is turn consistant fast laps.

As far as a spectator and fan, in my opinion, 2 strokes provide better racing because it is harder and to turn those consistent laps.
They race what they get paid to race, not what they like. Unfortunately.
10/21/2018 8:04pm Edited Date/Time 10/21/2018 8:04pm
The modern 250fs would have been faster if raced heads up in open class

OldYZRider1
10/21/2018 8:10pm
bodean123 wrote:
I don’t think this has ever been a debate as far as the racer goes, who goal is turn consistant fast laps. As far as a...

Unfortunately the spectators are the one with least influence into the nature of the racing that they "pay" to see under the Feld/AMA/MX Sports formats.

I like what Red Bull presented and kudos to whomever got the two stroke concept rolling. KTM put in a factory effort with Dungey. TLD let their current riders compete. Yamaha let RV compete. We even saw the lessor known brands of TM and Beta in the mix. Maybe Feld needs to talk to Red Bull about how to make their series more inclusive of the fans interests.
Ewan49
10/21/2018 8:15pm Edited Date/Time 10/21/2018 8:15pm
The modern 250fs would have been faster if raced heads up in open class

Hey Derek, just wondering, if you were entering that actual event for no other reason than to just try and win it, which bike would you choose out of the 250f and 450? And why?
zehn
10/21/2018 8:16pm Edited Date/Time 10/21/2018 8:18pm
Ewan49 wrote:
zehn wrote:
Ewan49 wrote:
A championship-caliber rider wouldn't give such a shallow, non-intellect reason!
Don’t know what to tell you. More torque, more power, better traction, better suspension, easier to ride consistently, less physically demanding to ride fast, more modern ergonomics, FI mapping...

As a racing vehicle, 4 strokes are superior. I don’t really see how that’s even a debate. That doesn’t mean they’re better for the “sport” (however you define that term) or more fun to ride/maintain/etc. They’re just better race bikes.
newmann
10/21/2018 8:23pm
GuyB wrote:

"For sure two."

"For sure my 450."
Race against what?
Ewan49
10/21/2018 8:30pm
zehn wrote:
Ewan49 wrote:
zehn wrote:
Don’t know what to tell you. More torque, more power, better traction, better suspension, easier to ride consistently, less physically demanding to ride fast, more modern...
Don’t know what to tell you. More torque, more power, better traction, better suspension, easier to ride consistently, less physically demanding to ride fast, more modern ergonomics, FI mapping...

As a racing vehicle, 4 strokes are superior. I don’t really see how that’s even a debate. That doesn’t mean they’re better for the “sport” (however you define that term) or more fun to ride/maintain/etc. They’re just better race bikes.
You aren't telling me anything that I didn't know already!
And I certainly was never debating as to whether 4 strokes are superior or not! I was just wondering what a championship-caliber's reasons were as to why he would rather race his 450. I think you, I and everybody else for that matter may be a little surprised by his answer.
I was hoping that GuyB was actually given reasons why the rider said it and that GuyB would elaborate on here.
10/21/2018 9:43pm
GuyB wrote:

"For sure two."

"For sure my 450."
Didn't Reed say the same thing a year or two ago when asked a similar question? Four strokes are easier to ride especially for older riders.
NorCal 50+
10/21/2018 9:59pm
Moto96 wrote:
Not much. That track was almost too tight for that level of Pro on a 2 stroke. Lots of over jumping to flat and even onto...
Not much. That track was almost too tight for that level of Pro on a 2 stroke. Lots of over jumping to flat and even onto the next faces which accounted for 95% of the mistakes made.

They underestimated the speed of those guys and how fast a 250 2 stroke can go when you twist it.. Even Carson Brown was over jumping some things on a 125. However, having to slow down kept the racing much tighter.

When they interviewed Sipes in the pre-show he said exactly that: the transitions were a lot tighter. I was wondering why they changed it, but it must have been in anticipation that two-strokes wouldn't jump as far. But those bikes were flying. After watching Soubreyas I will never again feel like my RM250 is holding me back.
Moto96
10/21/2018 10:08pm
Moto96 wrote:
Not much. That track was almost too tight for that level of Pro on a 2 stroke. Lots of over jumping to flat and even onto...

NorCal 50+ wrote:
When they interviewed Sipes in the pre-show he said exactly that: the transitions were a lot tighter. I was wondering why they changed it, but it...
When they interviewed Sipes in the pre-show he said exactly that: the transitions were a lot tighter. I was wondering why they changed it, but it must have been in anticipation that two-strokes wouldn't jump as far. But those bikes were flying. After watching Soubreyas I will never again feel like my RM250 is holding me back.
His Suzuki sounded awesome. Really awesome.

Post a reply to: How different would times have been? (Rbsr)

The Latest