How is Webb for Daytona

Edited Date/Time 3/7/2020 8:30am
Anyone know.
Nothing on instagram or in the injury report. How he is doing will be a big factor tomorrow I think.
He could be doing well or the injury could be healing really slowly due to not enough rest.
|
3/6/2020 3:43pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2020 3:44pm
Webb will be a factor, beat-up or healthy. Like him or not, he's got that kind of grit. Kid won a championship on a broken wrist.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/6/2020 3:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2020 3:50pm
I think he rode a couple days this week...I know Wednesday for sure. I got to shoot some video of him at Aldon's, and the big part of the work for the day was a 20-lapper on the modified SX/Daytona-ish layout that they used this week.

He said he had a couple ribs out of place after last weekend's race. Now that they're back in he's breathing much easier.

The Shop

9bro9
3/6/2020 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2020 3:54pm
He held a meeting last week at the KTM rig saying how he was tired of all of the media questions regarding his injury, he's being quiet for a reason I'd suspect. The dude's race craft and grit are second to none, and I'm honestly not the biggest fan of the guy. Definitely gained my respect, I've broken my tailbone snowboarding and to see his resilience and perseverance through the injury is amazing. Wouldn't be surprised to see this championship will go down to the wire with KR94, ET3, CW2 and possibly JB51 as a wild card.

He'll be lining up, he's not going to roll over and give up without a fight.
3/6/2020 3:59pm
GuyB wrote:
I think he rode a couple days this week...I know Wednesday for sure. I got to shoot some video of him at Aldon's, and the big...
I think he rode a couple days this week...I know Wednesday for sure. I got to shoot some video of him at Aldon's, and the big part of the work for the day was a 20-lapper on the modified SX/Daytona-ish layout that they used this week.

He said he had a couple ribs out of place after last weekend's race. Now that they're back in he's breathing much easier.
Holy crap.... ribs out of place. I have no idea how he did what he did last week.

Major respect.
Racer111
3/6/2020 4:03pm
Daytona is more of an outdoor layout. If Tomac gets the start, bye bye. I don’t think he can hang with Roczen’s outdoor speed either. If Coop gets 3rd this weekend, he’s out of it. Eli and Ken are riding well this year.
BikerScars
3/6/2020 4:21pm
GuyB wrote:
I think he rode a couple days this week...I know Wednesday for sure. I got to shoot some video of him at Aldon's, and the big...

Tough dude.
3/6/2020 6:15pm
Webb will be a factor, beat-up or healthy. Like him or not, he's got that kind of grit. Kid won a championship on a broken wrist.
I agree. But there is still a difference between riding near 100% and hanging in there (Webb’s version of hanging in there beats most). Especially at Daytona.
Also understand him getting annoyed for all the interest. But that’s part of the game. If he puts a simple update out that would answer most questions. It’s not a demand. But would be nice.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/6/2020 6:17pm
dirtwalker wrote:
I agree. But there is still a difference between riding near 100% and hanging in there (Webb’s version of hanging in there beats most). Especially at...
I agree. But there is still a difference between riding near 100% and hanging in there (Webb’s version of hanging in there beats most). Especially at Daytona.
Also understand him getting annoyed for all the interest. But that’s part of the game. If he puts a simple update out that would answer most questions. It’s not a demand. But would be nice.
Pre-race video is uploading now...and he wasn't (or didn't seem to be) particularly annoyed by me asking.
logan_140
3/6/2020 6:18pm
Racer111 wrote:
Daytona is more of an outdoor layout. If Tomac gets the start, bye bye. I don’t think he can hang with Roczen’s outdoor speed either. If...
Daytona is more of an outdoor layout. If Tomac gets the start, bye bye. I don’t think he can hang with Roczen’s outdoor speed either. If Coop gets 3rd this weekend, he’s out of it. Eli and Ken are riding well this year.
He’s out of it? Lol. Look TOmac and roczen the past few years have both had horrible races. Multiple times a year.
aeffertz
3/6/2020 6:49pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2020 6:50pm
9bro9 wrote:
He held a meeting last week at the KTM rig saying how he was tired of all of the media questions regarding his injury, he's being...
He held a meeting last week at the KTM rig saying how he was tired of all of the media questions regarding his injury, he's being quiet for a reason I'd suspect. The dude's race craft and grit are second to none, and I'm honestly not the biggest fan of the guy. Definitely gained my respect, I've broken my tailbone snowboarding and to see his resilience and perseverance through the injury is amazing. Wouldn't be surprised to see this championship will go down to the wire with KR94, ET3, CW2 and possibly JB51 as a wild card.

"He held a meeting last week at the KTM rig saying how he was tired of all of the media questions regarding his injury"

lol wat

"So you are all probably wondering why I've gathered you all here today..."
3/6/2020 6:58pm
Dude hits concrete then the following week makes a last lap pass for a podium. Assuming your question is based upon fantasy supercross rather than legitimate altruism - I'd say it's your move, Chief. FYI - Coop hopes you doubt him Wink
9bro9
3/6/2020 8:46pm
9bro9 wrote:
He held a meeting last week at the KTM rig saying how he was tired of all of the media questions regarding his injury, he's being...

aeffertz wrote:
"He held a meeting last week at the KTM rig saying how he was tired of all of the media questions regarding his injury" lol wat...
"He held a meeting last week at the KTM rig saying how he was tired of all of the media questions regarding his injury"

lol wat

"So you are all probably wondering why I've gathered you all here today..."
They had mentioned it on the broadcast. Moran
Momus
3/6/2020 8:47pm
GuyB wrote:

BikerScars wrote:
Tough dude.
His injury was far less than made out. It was a Dr Racecraft psychological ploy for the most part. No photos of lurid bruising, hematomas being drained in a hospital etc.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/6/2020 8:55pm
GuyB wrote:

BikerScars wrote:
Tough dude.
Momus wrote:
His injury was far less than made out. It was a Dr Racecraft psychological ploy for the most part. No photos of lurid bruising, hematomas being...
His injury was far less than made out. It was a Dr Racecraft psychological ploy for the most part. No photos of lurid bruising, hematomas being drained in a hospital etc.
3/6/2020 10:24pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2020 10:26pm
Dude hits concrete then the following week makes a last lap pass for a podium. Assuming your question is based upon fantasy supercross rather than legitimate...
Dude hits concrete then the following week makes a last lap pass for a podium. Assuming your question is based upon fantasy supercross rather than legitimate altruism - I'd say it's your move, Chief. FYI - Coop hopes you doubt him Wink
I am not in fantasy. 100% about racing and the battle for the title. And fully respect Cooper for the ride last weekend.

I hope he can be in the mix at Daytona and especially that riding through the injury has not taken a toll. I have raced a week or so after some big injuries and sometimes you can be more worn down by the injury in the middle of healing than early on.

It won’t be over if Cooper loses a few more points on the leaders, but it getting pretty critical. I don’t care much for Barcia, but would love to see Cooper a bit closer to Ken and Eli for the home stretch of the season.

Edit:if me doubting Cooper helps him ride better I might let him know on Instagram so he does better Smile
3/6/2020 11:55pm
GuyB wrote:

BikerScars wrote:
Tough dude.
Momus wrote:
His injury was far less than made out. It was a Dr Racecraft psychological ploy for the most part. No photos of lurid bruising, hematomas being...
You just lost any credibility you might have previously had.....
motomike137
3/7/2020 4:31am
GuyB wrote:

BikerScars wrote:
Tough dude.
Momus wrote:
Dude you need to just stop.
CPR
3/7/2020 4:37am
GuyB wrote:

Holy crap.... ribs out of place. I have no idea how he did what he did last week.

Major respect.
Meanwhile some old dude lined up at more than a few of the rounds with broken ribs and raced for fun.
But did he receive praise for being tough? No got bagged for being slow.
Gotta love vital.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/7/2020 5:17am
Dude you need to just stop.
No, let him keep stepping closer to the edge... Evil
NvHermit
Fantasy
4303rd
3/7/2020 6:06am
Cooper can race with severe pain that no others can because he's lucky
Momus
3/7/2020 7:11am Edited Date/Time 3/7/2020 7:17am
GuyB wrote:

Major respect.
CPR wrote:
Meanwhile some old dude lined up at more than a few of the rounds with broken ribs and raced for fun. But did he receive praise...
Meanwhile some old dude lined up at more than a few of the rounds with broken ribs and raced for fun.
But did he receive praise for being tough? No got bagged for being slow.
Gotta love vital.
Reedy at the Millville Chadapault is how you do a big smash it lf you want to become legendary.

Webb waited a week to remount, then sets fastest race lap and comes of as disingenuous and a poseur.

That's just my opinion though..
Kyle978
3/7/2020 7:20am
Momus wrote:
Reedy at the Millville Chadapault is how you do a big smash it lf you want to become legendary. Webb waited a week to remount, then...
Reedy at the Millville Chadapault is how you do a big smash it lf you want to become legendary.

Webb waited a week to remount, then sets fastest race lap and comes of as disingenuous and a poseur.

I have no idea how you can be this dumb.
Momus
3/7/2020 7:29am
Kyle978 wrote:
I have no idea how you can be this dumb.
You the dude who picked Alta as the next big thing?
Spudnut
3/7/2020 7:32am
He’ll be fine considering it’s been two weeks now that dude is tough as hell
gt80rider
3/7/2020 8:27am
Momus wrote:
11 downvotes, but he's right.. we have all been legit hurt before.... When you are legit hurt, you simply can not bust out normal lap times... No amount of gritting it out will help....

So either 1- not that bad of an injury... Or 2- he got shots to not feel a thing in the affected areas... it is that simple...
3/7/2020 8:30am
Momus wrote:
Reedy at the Millville Chadapault is how you do a big smash it lf you want to become legendary. Webb waited a week to remount, then...

Some opinions are better left unsaid.

Post a reply to: How is Webb for Daytona

The Latest