How to Handle C-baggers

9/10/2017 7:14pm
I know there is rules in place for AMA class rider, but how do your local series handle C-baggers (aka C class sandbagger). We have guys who have spent a life time in the c class. Then buddy told me tonight is they made him move up to B class and he couldn't make top ten, he would quit? I told him to man up and quit being a cry baby. Anywho, shoot some ideas out there.
|
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
9/10/2017 7:49pm
Then take your own advice and man up and quit being a cry baby on vital always bitching about sand baggers.
ti473
9/10/2017 8:05pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Then take your own advice and man up and quit being a cry baby on vital always bitching about sand baggers.
what he said
mwssquad827
9/10/2017 8:27pm
Sucks dude how you gonna get all those plastic tropheys now???

the c class around here is fast but sketchy
MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
9/10/2017 8:34pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Spoken like a true sandbagger... lmao

Why don't we have 30 year old men play in little league baseball? Just tell the kids to man up, eh?

The Shop

lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
9/10/2017 8:50pm
MX Guy wrote:
Spoken like a true sandbagger... lmao Why don't we have 30 year old men play in little league baseball? Just tell the kids to man up...

Why don't we have 30 year old men play in little league baseball? Just tell the kids to man up, eh?
Spoken like a true SLOW guy. WoohooWoohoo
rmoto003
9/10/2017 8:57pm
How about you just ride faster

I mean does anyone really care about C class trophies? If youre at all a legit rider, C class is just a quick stepping stone to race B.

Let the people keep racing C class, who cares
9/10/2017 9:12pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I'm not even talking about myself. I ride the B class. I'm trying to get life long C class vets, who are as fast as me or faster, to move up. I'm normally mid pack at best and totally ok with that. I'm where I'm supposed to be, they just don't want to move up unless they are winning every moto. I'm trying to help spread out the riders. Locally we have 2-5 Vet A riders, 2-5 Vet B riders and 30 Vet C riders.
TogaSet
Fantasy
3824th
9/10/2017 9:16pm Edited Date/Time 9/11/2017 5:42am
Deleted
Myrz
9/10/2017 9:17pm
It is ridiculous! The series we follow around here has two gates, 18 riders each (36 total) in the C class, and the B class has a total of 10 riders. Some riders need to man up!
Radical
Fantasy
2321st
9/10/2017 10:03pm
There are usually a ton of riders in the Novice classes and almost zero intermediates and experts. Sometimes there's only one rider in those classes.

In BMX as a kid, the rule was "Podium 3 times, move up a class".
I'm not saying that should be the rule, but there should be rules in place that move riders up, instead of leaving it up to the rider.
It would be great to have full, competitive Beginner, Novice, Intermediate and Expert gates.

And yes, Damn it! I like racing for those plastic trophies!
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
9/10/2017 10:08pm
Best way to get faster is to ride with faster riders. Good way to not get faster is to stay in the same class and sandbag. Sounds like there's a lot of riders who don't care about getting better or they just like winning in a weaker class. To each their own I suppose.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
2109th
9/11/2017 2:52am Edited Date/Time 9/11/2017 2:54am
My local promoter has tried to address this issue by combining the B and C class and named it "intermediate" to stop the sandbaggers... Man did D class get bigger LOL!
Anyway my boy has been wanting to ride B so he would be with faster competition, but we still race C in ama so NO B races. 2nd race of the new series and he got out 3rd yesterday and held it half the race until a tip over in a corner. We can already see a slight improvement!

I hate the trophy hunters. C class professionals I call them.... If they want a $3 trophy that bad, have at it lol!
FIREfish148
9/11/2017 3:50am
There's always the d class you can drop down to. Then you would be a d-Bagger though. Sign up for the b class... you might get yarded pretty good but it will be like having an open track.
motomike137
9/11/2017 4:55am
Even motocross is not immune to the snowflake mentality. Everybody has to go home with a trophy. I know I am really getting old but I remember when you didn't want to admit to being a C rider, hell I started in the B class because I had too much pride. Now we have D classes and Sport classes and all kinds of other ridiculous break downs of rider groupings. I don't know how the hell the promoters and AMA keep track of it all to be honest. But back to the OP, keep shaming the dude!
Mx746
9/11/2017 5:08am
I'd rather be last in b than first in c. Unfortunately I'm last in c.
Indymxer
9/11/2017 5:31am
I guess I don't see the point of racing c class. $30 race fee, $10 gate fee, AMA license, transponder fee, 20 minutes of actual riding.
GangGreen
9/11/2017 5:51am
If it was controlled better by the manufacturers and promoters, ie. No C Class Contingency Money AND No C Class at Loretta Lynns, the problem would fix itself. Then the C Class would actually be a novice class as designed for guys just getting started.
Having a “novice” class National Champion is like having a 2nd day ever bowling champion? Oh yeah, shame him every chance you get, “Dude, didn’t you used to be expert", when asshats drop down for big events, or “ Dude, you need to move up a class”.
Acidreamer
9/11/2017 6:02am
I believe the way OMA handles it in ohio is if youre earning x amount of points or flat out dominating a class all the time you get bumped up.

Your buddys logic is "justin barcia is only a 10th place guy in pro motocross so he should move down to amateur and race for the loretta title". Its ass backwards thinking. He needs to get better if he wants to win or quit like the pussy he is.
billyp330
9/11/2017 6:50am Edited Date/Time 9/11/2017 6:52am
Acidreamer wrote:
I believe the way OMA handles it in ohio is if youre earning x amount of points or flat out dominating a class all the time...
I believe the way OMA handles it in ohio is if youre earning x amount of points or flat out dominating a class all the time you get bumped up.

Your buddys logic is "justin barcia is only a 10th place guy in pro motocross so he should move down to amateur and race for the loretta title". Its ass backwards thinking. He needs to get better if he wants to win or quit like the pussy he is.
I raced a couple OMA races this yr at Tv Land and I was surprised by the competition in C class. I use to race AMA district 12 on 85s and was mid pack, think my best finish was like 5th. Then I got on big bikes and only raced a couple times a yr at best in CRA and would be around the same. In 2014 I raced Daytona AM race 450 C and didn't even qualify for Main event (crashed a couple times in heat race and got like 11th in LCQ) then I raced 4 races at TV Land that yr and it was CRA, I won every moto but one and every overall, also had a race or two where we staggered with the whole 5 "B" riders and I caught and passed a few of them so my plan was to move up however i Didn't race in 2015 or 2016 then this yr I raced again and since its been awhile I raced C class in OMA at Tv Land and got 10th overall. I plan on racing the next race at Tv Land (sept 24th I believe) also in C class but hopefully I can do a lot better. One thing to keep in mind is riders like Ryan Dungey went straight from B class at LL's to full pro. I couldn't even qualify for C class main at a big race yet I dominated at my local track in same yr. I belong in C class, the riders that I caught in passed in B class didn't belong there they bumped themselves up bc of either pride or bc they knew theyd have less riders to compete with. The OMA C class riders I felt belonged where they were as my brother won both motos at that race and norm we r very similar in speed I just got horrible starts and rode like garbage. My point is see a lot of comments on here about C class riders being sandbaggers but maybe instead they rlly think hard about if they deserve to be a B rider

btw I also ride a 2009 kx450 so u have great taste except for the gsxr. Get a ninja haha
kkawboy14
9/11/2017 6:53am Edited Date/Time 9/11/2017 6:55am
Should the winner of the C Class when moved up be getting last in the B Class? I would think so!

I think that's what racers don't realize, when moved up your not gonna win the B Class, the first race.

Somebody that does not want to move up is trying to impress a girl or loves $6 plastic trophys.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
9/11/2017 6:55am
I have two friends that travel together and they race the C-Class, they have a blast. They're both top five guys whatever Races they go to, if they're having a good time I don't have a single problem with it.

In reality, the racing for plastic trophies, why not just have fun doing it. Some guys want to go faster some guys are happy just battling, let them have their fum.
Flip109
9/11/2017 7:01am
There shouldn't even be a C class. Beginner 1-2 years racing expirience. Then a intermediate and expert class. IMO. But that's not how tracks make money so anyway.

Crosscreek in Tx used to run a level system. You would take your lap times in practice and they would classify you in certain levels 1-7. If during the race you were winning and you ran a lap to fast for your level, you would get a pit board that said "bump" and would have to pull off and go to the next level moto. It wasn't perfect by any means, but it eliminated a lot of sandbagging. I liked it.
c0ncEpT
9/11/2017 7:05am
There are really fast C riders that are at the top of the class but not quite ready for B-class.

There are the C riders that are just in C-class to chase a championship at Lorettas and other national caliber races. These guys can win a local B-class race by 15 seconds on any given day.

Its the 2nd group of guys that people complain about. The rules are set up for these guy to stay in C-class as well.

We have a kid in D14 that is stupid fast and goes to Lorettas every year in C-Class. He will show up to local races and start the 1st moto, DNF, and then DNS the 2nd moto and go home just to lower his rider score so he doesn't point out of C-class to make another run at Lorettas the next year.

kkawboy14
9/11/2017 7:05am
UpTiTe wrote:
I have two friends that travel together and they race the C-Class, they have a blast. They're both top five guys whatever Races they go to...
I have two friends that travel together and they race the C-Class, they have a blast. They're both top five guys whatever Races they go to, if they're having a good time I don't have a single problem with it.

In reality, the racing for plastic trophies, why not just have fun doing it. Some guys want to go faster some guys are happy just battling, let them have their fum.
If your not winning the C class regularly, to me a guy shouldn't have to move up.
The guy that is factory looking, rolls in with a crew and dominates the. C class, that's the guy who should get bumped.
MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
9/11/2017 7:18am
MX Guy wrote:
Spoken like a true sandbagger... lmao Why don't we have 30 year old men play in little league baseball? Just tell the kids to man up...

lostboy819 wrote:
Spoken like a true SLOW guy. WoohooWoohoo
Not to toot my own horn but I bet you'd be surprised

I used to race a lot more in my mini days, eventually I realized I was accidentally racing the pro class.
billyp330
9/11/2017 7:19am
c0ncEpT wrote:
There are really fast C riders that are at the top of the class but not quite ready for B-class. There are the C riders that...
There are really fast C riders that are at the top of the class but not quite ready for B-class.

There are the C riders that are just in C-class to chase a championship at Lorettas and other national caliber races. These guys can win a local B-class race by 15 seconds on any given day.

Its the 2nd group of guys that people complain about. The rules are set up for these guy to stay in C-class as well.

We have a kid in D14 that is stupid fast and goes to Lorettas every year in C-Class. He will show up to local races and start the 1st moto, DNF, and then DNS the 2nd moto and go home just to lower his rider score so he doesn't point out of C-class to make another run at Lorettas the next year.

the fact that he nvr actually made it to lorettas proves he belongs in C class IMO. I don't agree with purposely DNF and DNSing motos to keep from pointing out but if he cant qualify for LL's in C class then he definitely doesn't belong in B class
9/11/2017 8:16am
Loretta's having a C class has a lot to do with the sandbagging and riders not bumping up when they should.
c0ncEpT
9/11/2017 8:36am
billyp330 wrote:
the fact that he nvr actually made it to lorettas proves he belongs in C class IMO. I don't agree with purposely DNF and DNSing motos...
the fact that he nvr actually made it to lorettas proves he belongs in C class IMO. I don't agree with purposely DNF and DNSing motos to keep from pointing out but if he cant qualify for LL's in C class then he definitely doesn't belong in B class
Who said he's never made it?
Johnny Depp
9/11/2017 8:37am
Flip109 wrote:
There shouldn't even be a C class. Beginner 1-2 years racing expirience. Then a intermediate and expert class. IMO. But that's not how tracks make money...
There shouldn't even be a C class. Beginner 1-2 years racing expirience. Then a intermediate and expert class. IMO. But that's not how tracks make money so anyway.

Crosscreek in Tx used to run a level system. You would take your lap times in practice and they would classify you in certain levels 1-7. If during the race you were winning and you ran a lap to fast for your level, you would get a pit board that said "bump" and would have to pull off and go to the next level moto. It wasn't perfect by any means, but it eliminated a lot of sandbagging. I liked it.
Cross Creek was way ahead of their time. The "level" system (bad name) is the answer to growing the sport, but promoters don't get rider's entering 3 classes just to get enough seat time.
billyp330
9/11/2017 8:37am
Loretta's having a C class has a lot to do with the sandbagging and riders not bumping up when they should.
you guys r still looking at this wrong imo. LL has a C class as they should. u got 3 levels Expert (A class) Intermediate (B class) and Novice (C Class). Experts are for the guys who are pro racers, intermediate are for the guys who are on their way to being pro and novice is for guys who either r just racing for fun (are not good enough to make it pro) or in very early stages of making their way to pro. Beginners either do not race or race local D class stuff. Its not a problem of sandbagging its a problem with these guys who think they r B riders just bc they have raced for a long time or bc they just think they r too good for C class but doesn't mean they actually r. If you cant qualify for Lorretta's then u still belong in C class period. Once u make it to LL's you should race B class bc u earned the right too. If you cant get top 5 in local C races and you want to whine and cry and blame sandbaggers then you should quit racing and just ride for fun or get better.

Post a reply to: How to Handle C-baggers

The Latest