How to watch SX in Canada?

Edited Date/Time 2/8/2019 4:19am
Will sx be on nbc sports gold apps? (I did buy it the last years) but Cant seem to find it? The other NBC apps isnt available in Canada
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/3/2019 7:22am
Will sx be on nbc sports gold apps? (I did buy it the last years) but Cant seem to find it? The other NBC apps isnt...
Will sx be on nbc sports gold apps? (I did buy it the last years) but Cant seem to find it? The other NBC apps isnt available in Canada
You'll have to buy the video pass on supercrosslive.tv for $130 USD because the NBC Sports Gold app pass for SX and the combined package of SX and MX was only made available to US citizens.

That said you can still buy the NBC Sports Gold app pass for MX.

You could also try buying the NBC Sports Gold app pass for the combined SX and MX package for $90 USD using a VPN but I'm not sure how well that works.

Those are your only options if you want to watch the races live. If watching the races live isn't a big deal to you, I say don't waste your money and watch them Sunday morning since you'll be able to find them online.
foreman52
Fantasy
3178th
1/3/2019 7:41am Edited Date/Time 1/3/2019 7:41am
SX pass works awesome. Close to $200 with the exchange rate but if you have a few buddies split it with them. Your account is not limited to only one user per time (it wasn’t last year anyway). I split it with two other moto buddies this year which was nice. Even if you pay full pop it works out to like $11 per race. Which isn’t bad IMO if you’re a hardcore fan and like watching live instead of waiting till the morning for Youtube.
psmb
Fantasy
373rd
1/3/2019 7:54am
I'm waiting to see how the vpn works out for guys on Saturday, I feel like I'm getting raped paying $40 usd more for only half the season fuck

The Shop

1/3/2019 9:14am
Awesome ill buy it tonight ! Im gonna split it with 4 of my moto buddies so it aint that bad ! Can we watch replays with the pass like the nbc sports gold (for mx)? For when we cant watch it live
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/3/2019 9:17am
Awesome ill buy it tonight ! Im gonna split it with 4 of my moto buddies so it aint that bad ! Can we watch replays...
Awesome ill buy it tonight ! Im gonna split it with 4 of my moto buddies so it aint that bad ! Can we watch replays with the pass like the nbc sports gold (for mx)? For when we cant watch it live
You'll be able to rewatch the races anytime you want.
1/3/2019 11:04am
Awesome ill buy it tonight ! Im gonna split it with 4 of my moto buddies so it aint that bad ! Can we watch replays...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
You'll be able to rewatch the races anytime you want.
Thanks man!
kb228
1/3/2019 11:09am
Use a vpn and buy nbcgold..
1/3/2019 2:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2019 2:01pm
psmb wrote:
I'm waiting to see how the vpn works out for guys on Saturday, I feel like I'm getting raped paying $40 usd more for only half...
I'm waiting to see how the vpn works out for guys on Saturday, I feel like I'm getting raped paying $40 usd more for only half the season fuck
I can't guarantee that using a VPN will work but I purchased the NBC Gold package for SX and using a Google Chrome plug-in called Hola Better Internet to make it think I am from the US I am able to watch the preview show that is available with the package. If I turn the plug-in off and try without it it doesn't let me access it at all. So from what I can tell it should work fine to watch the races live for us international fans.

The Hola plug-in is free and a cool feature to it is it remembers what sites you want to use a it on. So you should be able to set it and forget it for the entire season.

I'll try to remember to post about whether it works for the actual broadcast on Saturday.
psmb
Fantasy
373rd
1/3/2019 2:11pm
psmb wrote:
I'm waiting to see how the vpn works out for guys on Saturday, I feel like I'm getting raped paying $40 usd more for only half...
I can't guarantee that using a VPN will work but I purchased the NBC Gold package for SX and using a Google Chrome plug-in called Hola...
I can't guarantee that using a VPN will work but I purchased the NBC Gold package for SX and using a Google Chrome plug-in called Hola Better Internet to make it think I am from the US I am able to watch the preview show that is available with the package. If I turn the plug-in off and try without it it doesn't let me access it at all. So from what I can tell it should work fine to watch the races live for us international fans.

The Hola plug-in is free and a cool feature to it is it remembers what sites you want to use a it on. So you should be able to set it and forget it for the entire season.

I'll try to remember to post about whether it works for the actual broadcast on Saturday.
I have used it a few years ago when only us residents could watch the streams and it worked well. If you can post if its working Saturday that would be great, thanks
1/3/2019 2:14pm
what about the nbc sports channel using a android box? do you need a separate subscription for that?
diz330
1/3/2019 2:41pm
It should work on android box I used NBC sports on my android box in the summer for motocross. Program I use is called "mobdro"
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
708th
1/3/2019 2:42pm
I can't guarantee that using a VPN will work but I purchased the NBC Gold package for SX and using a Google Chrome plug-in called Hola...

I just bought a VPN. I have a hunch that I will need something else to watch NBC Sports Gold because the app on my iPhone requires location services to use the app... So even though the VPN shows me in the US, my GPS location does not.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
1/3/2019 2:47pm
Let us know how it all works out guys.

I’m going to watch the race on the Feld livestream pass at a buddies and hopefully the NBC deal and VPN work great for you guys then I’ll get that.

Good luck!
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
708th
1/3/2019 2:59pm
Ramrod wrote:
Let us know how it all works out guys. I’m going to watch the race on the Feld livestream pass at a buddies and hopefully the...
Let us know how it all works out guys.

I’m going to watch the race on the Feld livestream pass at a buddies and hopefully the NBC deal and VPN work great for you guys then I’ll get that.

Good luck!
I'm curious how it works too. I haven't paid for the NBC deal yet. My parents have Direct TV so I can also just watch it there, but it would be nice to have it at my house and be able to catch the race day live stuff.
TeamGreen
1/3/2019 3:19pm
Can you set up a "remote view" app with someone in the USA?
hamncheeze
1/3/2019 3:54pm
One thing to test before splashing on the VPN/NBC Gold solution is the speed of your connection once you are routed through a VPN. For example, I have a subscription for ExpressVPN that I use a lot to watch Euro cycling races. When I'm routed through a USA location my internet speed goes from 300 Mbps down to 45 Mbps. In theory this is still plenty fast enough to stream HD quality video but there might be more interruptions in the data stream through the VPN.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
708th
1/3/2019 5:01pm
hamncheeze wrote:
One thing to test before splashing on the VPN/NBC Gold solution is the speed of your connection once you are routed through a VPN. For example...
One thing to test before splashing on the VPN/NBC Gold solution is the speed of your connection once you are routed through a VPN. For example, I have a subscription for ExpressVPN that I use a lot to watch Euro cycling races. When I'm routed through a USA location my internet speed goes from 300 Mbps down to 45 Mbps. In theory this is still plenty fast enough to stream HD quality video but there might be more interruptions in the data stream through the VPN.
Good call, just ran a test on mine and it drops from 600Mbps down to 80Mbps.

I think I'm going to give the NBC sub a try through the VPN.

bents
Fantasy
710th
1/3/2019 6:37pm
Will sx be on nbc sports gold apps? (I did buy it the last years) but Cant seem to find it? The other NBC apps isnt...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
You'll have to buy the video pass on [url=https://www.supercrosslive.tv/viewplans?utm_source=supercrosslive.com&utm_medium=house_ad&utm_campaign=supercross_video_pass&utm_term=300x250&utm_content=fullprice]supercrosslive.tv[/url] for $130 USD because the NBC Sports Gold app pass for SX and the combined package of...
You'll have to buy the video pass on supercrosslive.tv for $130 USD because the NBC Sports Gold app pass for SX and the combined package of SX and MX was only made available to US citizens.

That said you can still buy the NBC Sports Gold app pass for MX.

You could also try buying the NBC Sports Gold app pass for the combined SX and MX package for $90 USD using a VPN but I'm not sure how well that works.

Those are your only options if you want to watch the races live. If watching the races live isn't a big deal to you, I say don't waste your money and watch them Sunday morning since you'll be able to find them online.
I took the dive for NordVPN and then bought the NBC Gold Series Pass for both SX and MX at the discounted price with the confidence that a US IP address will let me watch in full glory. My connection is excellent and I have added protection to boot. I will let you all know IN ALL CAPS if it doesn't work out as planned! Can't wait for Saturday.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
708th
1/3/2019 7:08pm
bents wrote:
I took the dive for NordVPN and then bought the NBC Gold Series Pass for both SX and MX at the discounted price with the confidence...
I took the dive for NordVPN and then bought the NBC Gold Series Pass for both SX and MX at the discounted price with the confidence that a US IP address will let me watch in full glory. My connection is excellent and I have added protection to boot. I will let you all know IN ALL CAPS if it doesn't work out as planned! Can't wait for Saturday.
I just set mine up tonight too. I went with Windscribe (got a really good deal on a lifetime Pro account), and just signed up for the NBC Sports Gold Supercross and Nats.

So far I've found that I won't be able to use the app, it requires locations services to use the app then blocks you because you are in Canada (even with a VPN). Can't use Safari on my MacBook Pro because it doesn't get along with the Adobe Pass feature that NBC is using. But I was able to get the Preview Show to stream in Firefox and it looked crisp. I guess I'll just AirPlay (or HDMI) to my TV from Firefox.

I played around with a few different servers and have got up to 200Mbps through the VPN. So far it seems like it should work ok! Guess we'll see on Saturday.

Oh, and I also had to pay with PayPal because with a credit card I had to have a US billing address. They really don't want us to watch it up here!
bents
Fantasy
710th
1/3/2019 8:06pm
bents wrote:
I took the dive for NordVPN and then bought the NBC Gold Series Pass for both SX and MX at the discounted price with the confidence...
shiftmx_22 wrote:
I just set mine up tonight too. I went with Windscribe (got a really good deal on a lifetime Pro account), and just signed up for...
I just set mine up tonight too. I went with Windscribe (got a really good deal on a lifetime Pro account), and just signed up for the NBC Sports Gold Supercross and Nats.

So far I've found that I won't be able to use the app, it requires locations services to use the app then blocks you because you are in Canada (even with a VPN). Can't use Safari on my MacBook Pro because it doesn't get along with the Adobe Pass feature that NBC is using. But I was able to get the Preview Show to stream in Firefox and it looked crisp. I guess I'll just AirPlay (or HDMI) to my TV from Firefox.

I played around with a few different servers and have got up to 200Mbps through the VPN. So far it seems like it should work ok! Guess we'll see on Saturday.

Oh, and I also had to pay with PayPal because with a credit card I had to have a US billing address. They really don't want us to watch it up here!
Good info-I had no problem with payment and as a previous NBC Gold account holder with a Cdn billing address it went right through, although I had a US VPN when I paid. I go right to the NBC Gold Website to access the races from there. I don't use the app itself. I guess we can compare notes on Saturday! I will stream it from Chrome on my macbook pro through apple TV.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
708th
1/3/2019 8:29pm
bents wrote:
Good info-I had no problem with payment and as a previous NBC Gold account holder with a Cdn billing address it went right through, although I...
Good info-I had no problem with payment and as a previous NBC Gold account holder with a Cdn billing address it went right through, although I had a US VPN when I paid. I go right to the NBC Gold Website to access the races from there. I don't use the app itself. I guess we can compare notes on Saturday! I will stream it from Chrome on my macbook pro through apple TV.
That’s weird. I previously had Sports Gold for outdoors as well. I had the VPN on and it still didn’t like the credit card because it wasn’t a US billing address. PayPal worked no prob.
1/4/2019 9:01am Edited Date/Time 1/4/2019 9:10am
Use promo code 30off for 30% discount, I just used it and it works, brings the total down to $99.99 USD. This is for supercrosslivetv.
nickm
1/5/2019 10:11am
Just about to buy my pass, with the 30 off coupon it ends up being the same price as nbc app + VPN. Anyone have feedback or experience on the supercrosslive.tv stream?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/5/2019 10:22am
nickm wrote:
Just about to buy my pass, with the 30 off coupon it ends up being the same price as nbc app + VPN. Anyone have feedback...
Just about to buy my pass, with the 30 off coupon it ends up being the same price as nbc app + VPN. Anyone have feedback or experience on the supercrosslive.tv stream?
It's a new company taking care of the stream this season. No longer Cleeng. Some guys on here said it worked great for Monster Cup.

Personally, I'm not buying it.
Drtbykr
1/5/2019 11:07am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2019 11:08am
Only 3 hours until some qualifiers go down. Paid the $119 for Video Pass. 340Can.$

Promo code are like a big f u to people who pay full price. Just make it a damn price.

Kinda worry about the streaming, on the archived stuff it is great, and you can cast it. Love that
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/5/2019 11:33am
Drtbykr wrote:
Only 3 hours until some qualifiers go down. Paid the $119 for Video Pass. 340Can.$ Promo code are like a big f u to people who...
Only 3 hours until some qualifiers go down. Paid the $119 for Video Pass. 340Can.$

Promo code are like a big f u to people who pay full price. Just make it a damn price.

Kinda worry about the streaming, on the archived stuff it is great, and you can cast it. Love that
$340 CAD? I think I'd would be closer to $240 CAD

That's why I'm personally not buying the streaming package from Feld. NBC Sports Gold is offering the SX and MX streaming service for $75 USD each or combined for $90 USD. Unfortunately the SX and the SX/MX packages are only available to US residents.

It makes no sense to pay $55 extra for no additional content. There's absolutely nothing that justifies the price increase.
drt410
1/5/2019 11:35am
How to watch SX in Canada. Move to US. Watch SX.
1/5/2019 1:14pm
So far the Hola chrome plug in is working fine to watch Race Day Live on the NBC Gold app, I'll let you guys know if anything changes and how it goes for the actual broadcast tonight.

Might not be the best option but seems to work well.

Post a reply to: How to watch SX in Canada?

The Latest