btn
btn
1 of 2
Related:
Create New Tag
Brett_Clark Brett_Clark
9/19/2020 6:41 PM

Today goes to show why you don't give up. Adam was 42 points down and is now right back in title contention and honestly has the raw speed to bring it home. Now what I saw from tomac the last few weeks is just rides to get through the day. Doesnt seem to.have the determination or heart to fight. Today goes to show why you don't give up. He could of been right back in this title hunt after today. Its just really weird and the supercross hangover excuse is bs. I just think the 2 dnfs got him down and he said piss on it I'm done

charge charge
9/19/2020 6:45 PM
Brett_Clark wrote:

Today goes to show why you ...more

Brett, I don’t think Eli really has the drive right now for that. If I had to guess he’d prefer some time off rather than racing the remaining races

mattyhamz2 mattyhamz2
9/19/2020 6:47 PM

He finally won the SX title, he’s a 3 time outdoor champ, had 2 DNF’s at Loretta’s... he’s probably just cruising through this season safely so he can put all his effort into defending his SX title. Sure he could have been in the title hunt still, but he also could push to the point of disaster and miss the entire SX prep time and lose a chance at defending that title. He’s fine.

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

Brett_Clark Brett_Clark
9/19/2020 6:48 PM
Brett_Clark wrote:

charge wrote:

Brett, I don’t think Eli ...more

Then why race at all is my question, why go 2-1 at Iron man and take the overall and then not try. Its just weird as hell to me especially since coming into him or Adam really had a little shot at the title so.it wasn't like kawi is saying adam is closer so let's have him take a shot at it.

Brett_Clark Brett_Clark
9/19/2020 6:52 PM
mattyhamz2 wrote:

He finally won the SX ...more

I guess I look at all the elites that have titles in both years and come into outdoors 2 weeks after Vegas and go 1-1. All the way up to Dungey every so champion was ready to go come hang town barring injury of course

mattyhamz2 mattyhamz2
9/19/2020 6:54 PM
mattyhamz2 wrote:

Brett_Clark wrote:

I guess I look at all the ...more

I get what you’re saying. But this is still a really weird year that has the season going into the late part of the year. Had he not DNF’d twice, I think he still would have tried harder than he is right now. That’s just my opinion. I fully believe he is riding out the rest of the year as safe as possible so he can be ready to go for SX 2021

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

Lloydcarter Lloydcarter
9/19/2020 7:07 PM

Yeah all his hard work and championships shows he has no heart or determination

Brett_Clark Brett_Clark
9/19/2020 7:16 PM
Lloydcarter wrote:

Yeah all his hard work and ...more

Heart would be coming back and giving it 110 percent every moto. I don't see that. Sure hes a 3 time champion but tell me one rider in history on tomacs level that hasn't given their all after a sx title run in the outdoors

agn5009 agn5009
9/19/2020 7:19 PM
Brett_Clark wrote:

charge wrote:

He had lots of time off because of covid

charge charge
9/19/2020 7:21 PM
Brett_Clark wrote:

charge wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

He had lots of time off ...more

How do you know what he was or wasn’t doing during that time off?

agn5009 agn5009
9/19/2020 7:21 PM
charge wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

He had lots of time off ...more

charge wrote:

How do you know what he ...more

how do you?

TbonesPop TbonesPop
9/19/2020 8:06 PM

I think he's looking forward to some elk hunting, and quite frankly I don't blame him one bit. He could use some time off to recharge the batteries and get ready to defend the SX title. This series has just been so weird from the get go, just get through it healthy and be ready for 2021. Go win another SX title and set yourself higher in the record books.

toroP toroP
9/19/2020 8:26 PM
mattyhamz2 wrote:

Right. He’s letting other guys win.
If he wanted to win, he would. “Bike blew up, so I’ll coast home rather than compete.”

Is this really what you’re saying? This makes Tomac seem really lame.

jorgechavez jorgechavez
9/19/2020 8:57 PM
toroP wrote:

Right. He’s letting other ...more

I don’t think he is letting anyone win but I do think the bike blowing up is certainly a contributing factor to the performances we're seeing. I also think the competition has stepped up but it’s foolish to think they have stepped up to the point where the three time and defending champion is helplessly uncompetitive.

gregyou gregyou
9/19/2020 9:32 PM

Nearly every great has had time off with injury, besides tomacs shoulders he’s barely had any time off

Zycki11 Zycki11
9/19/2020 9:51 PM

Fork, meat, done.

For this series

kpiper kpiper
9/19/2020 10:07 PM

His performance today is hard to explain.

All the other motos except LL #1 something has happened or he rode very well.

Today was different.

CrashMaster01 CrashMaster01
9/19/2020 10:25 PM
Brett_Clark wrote:

charge wrote:

Brett_Clark wrote:

Then why race at all is my ...more

My greatest guess is Eli is basically looking at it like this since he’s pretty much out of the championship. If he can snag a holeshot than he’ll go for the win, basically if he has good starts or starts close to the front he’ll go for it but if he get terrible starts what’s the point save yourself for your title defense in supercross.

JamesReed JamesReed
9/19/2020 10:47 PM

ET3 is probably taking it easy and mentally preparing for SX. He knows that his main competiton Webb and K-Roc are resting and recouping to be 100 for SX. SX pays a lot better than MX, know he knows why Webb didn't give a $heet outdoors last year.

jemcee jemcee
9/19/2020 11:26 PM

I wonder if his team is giving 100% to help him succeed
I wonder if his mechanic is workin 40+hrs a week to help him succeed, starting Sunday morning
Actually no I don't I don't wonder about that..

I'm not saying he's a bad person for just 'getting through the weekends' (If he even is) It's just not something I'll ever be a fan of.. Take the time off if you need it

And yes I know no one asked me

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

JamesReed JamesReed
9/19/2020 11:37 PM
jemcee wrote:

I wonder if his team is ...more

He's contracted to run the series unless he has an injury or other serious health problem. Top 5 in points in any major racing series is nothing to snivel at. Whether it's a result of his riding technique or not, the number of mechanicals he has had outdoors on the Kawi would be unsettling to anyone.

jemcee jemcee
9/19/2020 11:48 PM
jemcee wrote:

I wonder if his team is ...more

JamesReed wrote:

He's contracted to run the ...more

I now see why noobs used to get hased back in the day..
I don't need you comin in here, makin me feel a bit silly with ya facts and shit alright?
So you know STFU and GTFO

I stand by everything else I said though haha

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

Mugeneco Mugeneco
9/20/2020 1:26 AM

Finally got that SX title after like 7 years ? must have been a very tough one mentally as he looks done for the season
shit happens , maybe next season .

mx 219 mx 219
9/20/2020 4:58 AM
mattyhamz2 wrote:

Brett_Clark wrote:

I guess I look at all the ...more

Dungey never won Hangtown overall. Ever.

But I get what you are saying. I personally think he has a minor injury or something. We ve never known Eli to be "over it" during the season so Im not sure why he would be now, even after the DNFs. He does still have records to chase, that should be enough motivation.

The possible excuse that hes ready for a break doesn't make sense either, he had a break during covid. If he isnt hurt then Im really wondering whats up.

Ozy Ozy
9/20/2020 9:25 AM

Just my personal opinion - I think Eli settles for where ever he finishes if his body feels tight or he just isn't feeling it on the bike. My guess it this stems from past injuries happening when he's outside the comfort zone. I believe this is the case the past two national races.

I would look for ET3 to finish on the podium the last 3 rounds. Considering the insane bad luck Eli had in Tennessee, he's not in all that bad of a position points wise.

Brapasaurus Rex

Suicidal_Tendencies Suicidal_Tendencies
9/20/2020 12:33 PM

Who knows what is going on, but I wouldn't be too judgmental of Eli. He does have a new family, and just like Roczen, I'm sure his focused has shifted a bit for the time being. You get a little older, and have a family, and realize there are more important things than winning titles. He'll be back!

WCRider WCRider
9/20/2020 12:43 PM

Very sensitive and psycho guy. His routine is fucked up.

tek14 tek14
9/20/2020 1:07 PM

450 Standings
1. Zach Osborne 235
2. Adam Cianciarulo 220
3. Marvin Musquin 215
4. Eli Tomac 196
5. Justin Barcia 194
6. Blake Baggett 190
7. Chase Sexton 173

Just add those 35 points he lost because bike went bang two times are Loretta2 for Tomac?
I think that was huge miss for Kawasaki.

GeorgiePorgie GeorgiePorgie
9/20/2020 1:10 PM

Dudes never been consistent. But somehow always threads it close enough to always be in contention. Season isn’t over yet.

GP740
Since 1987

kpiper kpiper
9/20/2020 1:11 PM

Looks like AC9 is going to do what we all thought Tomac might...win out.

btn
btn
1 of 2

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry