Husqvarna ditches Brembo

Acidreamer
6/1/2017 11:15am
Charper732 wrote:
Aftermarket Brembo is one of the best you can get. The OEM supplied by Brembo...not so much. There is a lot of cost cutting and looser...
Aftermarket Brembo is one of the best you can get. The OEM supplied by Brembo...not so much. There is a lot of cost cutting and looser tolerances to win the "bid" to be the oem supplier. If you've ever used an aftermarket brembo system, you know exactly what im talking about. There is a reason their stuff cost a premium.
mxtech1 wrote:
LOL....are you kidding me? I understand what you are trying to explain, but that's not how it works. When an OEM is looking for a supplier...
LOL....are you kidding me?

I understand what you are trying to explain, but that's not how it works.

When an OEM is looking for a supplier, they have 2 approaches:
1) the OEM designs a braking system and asks a supplier to manufacture it according to their specs. Under this scenario, multiple suppliers will be approached to quote the work. Many times the cheapest bid does not win. It has more to do with supplier status ratings, ability to meet production needs with the lowest risk, quality history, and market trends.

2) the OEM selects a product already manufactured by the supplier that most closely matches their needs. This is the approach these days, otherwise you would see OEM stamped braking components not Brembo, Magura, Nissin, etc.

It is short sighted of you to think that Brembo is supplying lower quality products to the OEM. I can guarantee you it is the other way around - the OEM is selecting lower grade products to increase profit.
Dont try to explain manufacturing methods to the plebs
DLG94
6/1/2017 11:42am
I've heard from a reliable source that the first batch of bikes are coming with Magura and then they are reverting back to Brembo...

The Shop

mxtech1
6/1/2017 1:40pm
Charper732 wrote:
Aftermarket Brembo is one of the best you can get. The OEM supplied by Brembo...not so much. There is a lot of cost cutting and looser...
Aftermarket Brembo is one of the best you can get. The OEM supplied by Brembo...not so much. There is a lot of cost cutting and looser tolerances to win the "bid" to be the oem supplier. If you've ever used an aftermarket brembo system, you know exactly what im talking about. There is a reason their stuff cost a premium.
mxtech1 wrote:
LOL....are you kidding me? I understand what you are trying to explain, but that's not how it works. When an OEM is looking for a supplier...
LOL....are you kidding me?

I understand what you are trying to explain, but that's not how it works.

When an OEM is looking for a supplier, they have 2 approaches:
1) the OEM designs a braking system and asks a supplier to manufacture it according to their specs. Under this scenario, multiple suppliers will be approached to quote the work. Many times the cheapest bid does not win. It has more to do with supplier status ratings, ability to meet production needs with the lowest risk, quality history, and market trends.

2) the OEM selects a product already manufactured by the supplier that most closely matches their needs. This is the approach these days, otherwise you would see OEM stamped braking components not Brembo, Magura, Nissin, etc.

It is short sighted of you to think that Brembo is supplying lower quality products to the OEM. I can guarantee you it is the other way around - the OEM is selecting lower grade products to increase profit.
Acidreamer wrote:
Dont try to explain manufacturing methods to the plebs
Once again, I relapsed. 1 single f*ck was given during my post. I should have known better....trying to be logical and shit.
Charper732
6/1/2017 1:55pm
colintrax wrote:
IMO it's silly you even pointed that out. Everyone knows production stuff isn't as good as factory parts. My stock brembo brakes aren't as good as...
IMO it's silly you even pointed that out.
Everyone knows production stuff isn't as good as factory parts. My stock brembo brakes aren't as good as Dungey's just the same as my tires arent, or my suspension. Hard to expect a company to mass produce a factory level part. Loose tolerances = faster production.

Replace "brembo" with any company name, your original statement is still true.
Try reading it a little better... i said AFTERMARKET...which is production. anyone can buy it.
bvm111
6/1/2017 2:01pm
they are staying with brembo

nothing to see here.... move along
Motofinne
6/1/2017 2:09pm
colintrax wrote:
IMO it's silly you even pointed that out. Everyone knows production stuff isn't as good as factory parts. My stock brembo brakes aren't as good as...
Everyone knows production stuff isn't as good as factory parts. My stock brembo brakes aren't as good as Dungey's just the same as my tires arent, or my suspension. Hard to expect a company to mass produce a factory level part. Loose tolerances = faster production.

Charper732 wrote:
Try reading it a little better... i said AFTERMARKET...which is production. anyone can buy it.
Mate, the aftermarket Brembo brakes for KTMs are 1k each. That is 2k on only brakes.

This is like comparing kit suspension to stock suspension. Everyone knows that the SXS Brembos are better than what comes on the KTMs stock, that doesn't change that the Brembos on KTMs are comfortably the best stock brakes on the market.

You need to tighten your sprocket bolts.
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
6/1/2017 3:04pm
colintrax wrote:

Charper732 wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
Mate, the aftermarket Brembo brakes for KTMs are 1k each. That is 2k on only brakes. This is like comparing kit suspension to stock suspension. Everyone...
Mate, the aftermarket Brembo brakes for KTMs are 1k each. That is 2k on only brakes.

This is like comparing kit suspension to stock suspension. Everyone knows that the SXS Brembos are better than what comes on the KTMs stock, that doesn't change that the Brembos on KTMs are comfortably the best stock brakes on the market.

You need to tighten your sprocket bolts.
Yep. A few things that are hard to beat production wise, that is brembo brakes, hydraulic clutch and KYB SSS forks.
bh84
Fantasy
1853rd
6/1/2017 3:21pm
When I rode quads for KTM they had Magura brakes on them, still by far the best braking I've ever ridden with, if they work anywhere near as good as those ones they'll be fine.

However, on Saturday I got the ride the new Z1000R with the Brembo brakes straight off the H2R. That thing stopped on a frigging DIME with very little input, best brakes I've ever ridden on pavement by a laaaarge margin
CrashMaster
6/1/2017 3:24pm
It's just like the so called Excell rims that come on the bikes, they aren't the Excells you buy aftermarket. Massed produced bid.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
6/1/2017 3:31pm
Anyone suggesting that the OEM Brembos that come on KTM/Husky are not very good have never tried them. They are better than anything else out there. I don't even know why anyone pays the money for the SXS calipers that are even better.
TeamGreen
6/1/2017 5:09pm
seth505 wrote:
Anyone suggesting that the OEM Brembos that come on KTM/Husky are not very good have never tried them. They are better than anything else out there...
Anyone suggesting that the OEM Brembos that come on KTM/Husky are not very good have never tried them. They are better than anything else out there. I don't even know why anyone pays the money for the SXS calipers that are even better.
There it is
TeamGreen
6/1/2017 5:25pm
What?
nytsmaC wrote:
HE SAID, THIS THREAD IS VERY ENTERTAINING!
how?
I'm reading the brain-trust as they opine on braking systems that're excellent and seem to stop plenty of FAST pro's...

So, uh...yeah. This shit is funny. I've been testing a new Brembo automotive product and I'm getting better feel and chassis balance in a car the the cool-dudes run 6 piston fronts...I'm running 4 piston fronts.
In a convertible...&...Beating the hell outta the chase car with the "cool guy brakes" and the blown 650 hp engine pkg...& it's a "hard-top"(I'm running 460-480hp depending on which calibration I select...again...in a convertible). GT type road driving on the central-coast. Lots of flowing 40-60 mph "bends" & curbes including lots of hi-crown transition and more than a few off-camber hard-braking approaches. The 4 piston is perfect. 6 piston for the wouldbe race guys.

This compares EXACTLY like Jo-Blo getting SXS stuff.

You can tighten up the stock stuff on ANY current MX bike with good fluid, correct pad/rotor combo...maybe fresh (read: better) lines...

I run a 260 Galfer wave on KTM/Husky scoots: works FINE.

Btw, whyTF do I -always a find myself agreeing with that "505" guy?

Laughing
Highsider
6/1/2017 5:30pm
Motocross Action shared a link.6/1/17

"Husky planned to equip their 2018 motocross bikes with Magura brakes (note the Magura logo on the rear caliper), but they will stick with Brembo instead.

Although it was announced that the 2018 Husqvarna motocross models would come with Magura brakes, Husqvarna has announced the “Following a sudden change in supplier’s availability, Husqvarna Motorcycles announces that their recently launched 2018 Motocross models TC125, TC250, FC250, FC350 and FC450 models will be equipped with the Brembo braking system instead of the previously announced Magura system. This includes a change to front and rear calipers, master cylinders, brake lines and brake pads. The brake discs remain unchanged.”
kiwifan
6/1/2017 6:30pm
Highsider wrote:
Motocross Action shared a link.6/1/17 "Husky planned to equip their 2018 motocross bikes with Magura brakes (note the Magura logo on the rear caliper), but they...
Motocross Action shared a link.6/1/17

"Husky planned to equip their 2018 motocross bikes with Magura brakes (note the Magura logo on the rear caliper), but they will stick with Brembo instead.

Although it was announced that the 2018 Husqvarna motocross models would come with Magura brakes, Husqvarna has announced the “Following a sudden change in supplier’s availability, Husqvarna Motorcycles announces that their recently launched 2018 Motocross models TC125, TC250, FC250, FC350 and FC450 models will be equipped with the Brembo braking system instead of the previously announced Magura system. This includes a change to front and rear calipers, master cylinders, brake lines and brake pads. The brake discs remain unchanged.”
I wonder why they thought they needed to change the brakes, as many have said here (and I can attest to that myself), the Husky brakes are top notch already.....
6/2/2017 2:31am
Are some knuckleheads in here seriously comparing a 2 piston to a 30mm 4 piston caliper?
Johnny Depp
6/3/2017 11:04am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2017 11:06am
They haven't changed the website yet...

Magura braking system

New for MY18 is a Magura front and rear braking system. The system features a similar layout to the previous design with improved sensitivity for a more modulated feel while still retaining the highest level of performance. 260mm disc front and 220mm rear.

Pretty sure they said "Johnny Depp busted us on Vital, change it back quick"

Post a reply to: Husqvarna ditches Brembo

The Latest