I premix my car but have a 4 stroke dirt bike

12/19/2018 1:48pm Edited Date/Time 12/20/2018 12:28pm
? I have been tracking a 3rd Gen Mazda RX7 for almost 20 yrs now, damn I’m getting old.lol. The track car is an all out race car so it has no oil injection for the rotary engine so I premix the fuel just like a 2 stroke as that is essentially what a rotary is, love how it revs and you get that smell ? so although I only have one bike, I guess I can say I have a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke, just in an ass backwards way! Ha ha
|
Bultaco
12/19/2018 2:31pm
I thought you were going to say you were still driving the old 2-Stoke Saab. Smile
SLOWTIME
12/19/2018 4:25pm
I had a Honda Civic that ran pretty good on 40:1.
12/19/2018 5:09pm
I had a ~650hp series 3 (Gen 1) that I ran 50:1. God that thing was fun. Pants-crappingly fun.
NHtoWA421
12/19/2018 7:54pm
? I have been tracking a 3rd Gen Mazda RX7 for almost 20 yrs now, damn I’m getting old.lol. The track car is an all out...
? I have been tracking a 3rd Gen Mazda RX7 for almost 20 yrs now, damn I’m getting old.lol. The track car is an all out race car so it has no oil injection for the rotary engine so I premix the fuel just like a 2 stroke as that is essentially what a rotary is, love how it revs and you get that smell ? so although I only have one bike, I guess I can say I have a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke, just in an ass backwards way! Ha ha
Loved my turbi2 fc. premixed it at 50:1. Couldn't keep the motor together to save my life, and the single biggest money pit I have ever owned, but damn that thing was fun and smooth when it ran.

The Shop

BobPA
12/19/2018 8:14pm
? I have been tracking a 3rd Gen Mazda RX7 for almost 20 yrs now, damn I’m getting old.lol. The track car is an all out...
I've also got an RX7 that is premix. FC though, making 450 to the tire...Engine is out for a bit more port work, looking for a bit more zip...
12/19/2018 8:19pm
I knew what you were on about from the title as I think the others did here. Only rotor I pre-mixed was a 13B PP with the injection pump removed and plated off. Bel Ray H1R @ 100:1 in those days. Ran 50:50 avgas and premium unleaded for a car show once and got so many comments on how good it smelled or WTF fuel was I running? Laughing
RickyRoss519
Fantasy
2311th
12/19/2018 8:19pm
My 88 toyota 4x4 loves some honda hp2 at 32:1. At least what the ol cr doesnt takeSmile
12/19/2018 9:21pm
A few weeks ago I wasn't paying attention to my dashboard gauges and forgot I was running on fumes. Ran out on the drive way and coasted into the garage where the Mini Cooper got a little swig of VP & Super M..... the damn car didn't have a hint of smoke out anything unlike my bike.
Turbojez
12/20/2018 1:50am
SLOWTIME wrote:
I had a Honda Civic that ran pretty good on 40:1.
Don't they all run on premix? Certainly looks like it by the amount of smoke they generate Grinning
12/20/2018 4:16am
BobPA wrote:
I've also got an RX7 that is premix. FC though, making 450 to the tire...Engine is out for a bit more port work, looking for a...
I've also got an RX7 that is premix. FC though, making 450 to the tire...Engine is out for a bit more port work, looking for a bit more zip...
That sounds nice, similar rwhp as mine..a little over 400. Our club had an opportunity to run at a private track in NY called Monticello in 2010 It has a super long back straight, not dead straight as it has a little right hand bend over a gentle rise. You enter the straight in a 3rd gear corner..maybe 60 or 70..then flat out to the braking zone. Fastest I have ever gone on the track. By the second lap I had to look down at the speedo as there were bits of dust and things sort of floating around the cabin and it was so loud. It was 155!
Hardest part was where to start braking as the straight ends with an abrupt uphill left right combo..reminds me of a motocross track.. I mean who the hell gets up to those speeds to practice..I have no abs so it’s all on the driver to not lock up with could have some bad consequences ?
Car has no muffler just a straight pipe all the way..the sound is fantastic
BobPA
12/20/2018 12:27pm Edited Date/Time 12/20/2018 12:28pm
BobPA wrote:
I've also got an RX7 that is premix. FC though, making 450 to the tire...Engine is out for a bit more port work, looking for a...
That sounds nice, similar rwhp as mine..a little over 400. Our club had an opportunity to run at a private track in NY called Monticello in...
That sounds nice, similar rwhp as mine..a little over 400. Our club had an opportunity to run at a private track in NY called Monticello in 2010 It has a super long back straight, not dead straight as it has a little right hand bend over a gentle rise. You enter the straight in a 3rd gear corner..maybe 60 or 70..then flat out to the braking zone. Fastest I have ever gone on the track. By the second lap I had to look down at the speedo as there were bits of dust and things sort of floating around the cabin and it was so loud. It was 155!
Hardest part was where to start braking as the straight ends with an abrupt uphill left right combo..reminds me of a motocross track.. I mean who the hell gets up to those speeds to practice..I have no abs so it’s all on the driver to not lock up with could have some bad consequences ?
Car has no muffler just a straight pipe all the way..the sound is fantastic
That sounds like a blast. Mine also has the ABS disconnected. I had an ‘87 TII that was fairly close to stock for years, daily drove it in college. i just picked my other car up in September. Thinking of doing a few track days next year. Trying to set the power up to be not so explosive...it’s just a crowd pleaser at the moment (spins tires haha). But, the power is there.

Would love to buy an FD, but their pricing has gotten silly lately.

Post a reply to: I premix my car but have a 4 stroke dirt bike

The Latest