If one of the triple crown motos are only 10 minutes

BobbyM
Edited Date/Time 1/17/2018 6:15pm
I say there will be a first time winner of sx event. Who do you think it'll be? Brayton I think.
|
1/16/2018 8:59am
Maybe Peick could even mix it up out front. On the other hand, AP better work on starts this week if he wants to keep that red plate!
BobbyM
1/16/2018 9:00am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2018 9:01am
Maybe Peick could even mix it up out front. On the other hand, AP better work on starts this week if he wants to keep that...
Maybe Peick could even mix it up out front. On the other hand, AP better work on starts this week if he wants to keep that red plate!
Yes Weston is a great choice. Bet Lou is pretty stoked right now.
1/16/2018 9:05am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2018 9:06am
I get what people are saying about "potential winners" for these shorter mains.... but... when was the last time Peick, Brayton or any other non-typical podium rider led for the first 10 minutes of a race, only to eventually be caught by the Dungey/Marvin/Eli/Kenny's of the world?????
BobbyM
1/16/2018 9:10am
I get what people are saying about "potential winners" for these shorter mains.... but... when was the last time Peick, Brayton or any other non-typical podium...
I get what people are saying about "potential winners" for these shorter mains.... but... when was the last time Peick, Brayton or any other non-typical podium rider led for the first 10 minutes of a race, only to eventually be caught by the Dungey/Marvin/Eli/Kenny's of the world?????
The chance of bad starts and a holeshot could be a lot better. Never know...

The Shop

TDeath21
1/16/2018 9:10am
That’s a good point. Peick or Brayton could do it. I think this will help Roczen too. It’s clear his fitness isn’t back to what it was, and the shortened main events will help him.
1/16/2018 9:11am
I don't think a moto win will end up in the record book though since they won't give away any points moto by moto. And I don't think the overall winner will differ too much from a regular race. Barcia has been pretty good off the gate so I would put my money on him, if I had to put them on a "non-regular" winner.
1/16/2018 9:13am
BobbyM wrote:
The chance of bad starts and a holeshot could be a lot better. Never know...
Yea I hear ya.... Just seems that most unpredictability gets rectified much before 10 minutes. Then again, I never expected Bogle to walk away with that moto win in Outdoors last season.. so like you said, never know. I'd love to see a fresh face get the checkers - I'm just not betting on it
1/16/2018 9:14am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2018 9:15am
Poppanator wrote:
I don't think a moto win will end up in the record book though since they won't give away any points moto by moto. And I...
I don't think a moto win will end up in the record book though since they won't give away any points moto by moto. And I don't think the overall winner will differ too much from a regular race. Barcia has been pretty good off the gate so I would put my money on him, if I had to put them on a "non-regular" winner.
Actually, I believe they are counting each race as an official main event win for the record books.
kkawboy14
1/16/2018 9:20am
BobbyM wrote:
I say there will be a first time winner of sx event. Who do you think it'll be? Brayton I think.
Barcia
1/16/2018 9:22am
Poppanator wrote:
I don't think a moto win will end up in the record book though since they won't give away any points moto by moto. And I...
Actually, I believe they are counting each race as an official main event win for the record books.
Ok, I won't argue against it, but it seems strange go get a W that gave no championship points in the book.
NVA57
Fantasy
1602nd
1/16/2018 9:44am
Probably any 3 of Barcia, Roczen, Anderson will win with a holeshot. Any other rider I see get passed pretty quickly if said 3 starts up front also.
yz133rider
1/16/2018 9:45am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2018 9:47am
Poppanator wrote:
Poppanator wrote:
Ok, I won't argue against it, but it seems strange go get a W that gave no championship points in the book.
No that's false. They are using olympic scoring from the 3 races to deternine the nights main event winner.

Example
Rider A gets a 2, 2, 2 = 6
Rider B gets 1, 1, 5 = 7
A gets the overall.
APLMAN99
1/16/2018 9:45am
Poppanator wrote:
I don't think so. They score the 3 "motos" together to determine an overall winner of the event.

What I couldn't find in the rule book was if they are awarding points for each moto, like outdoors. It isn't clear, but my gut feeling is that they wouldn't make each short moto worth the same points as a regular main. That would make a weekend like this coming one worth 3 times as much as a "regular" weekend, and it'd cripple any rider hurt that weekend 3X worse.
1/16/2018 9:48am
Poppanator wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
No that's false. They are using olympic scoring from the 3 races to deternine the nights main event winner. Example Rider A gets a 2, 2...
No that's false. They are using olympic scoring from the 3 races to deternine the nights main event winner.

Example
Rider B gets 1, 1, 5 = 7
A gets the overall.
I think you didn't read the full conversation.
yz133rider
1/16/2018 9:52am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2018 9:54am
Poppanator wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
No that's false. They are using olympic scoring from the 3 races to deternine the nights main event winner. Example Rider A gets a 2, 2...

Example
Rider B gets 1, 1, 5 = 7
A gets the overall.
Poppanator wrote:
I think you didn't read the full conversation.
What exactly do you think i missed? You guys were discussing if the short mains end up in the record books. They dont. I explained how they score the nights event...

If your wondering about each shortened race scoring points, no they arent. The final results deternine your finishing positin and your points for the event.
1/16/2018 9:54am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I don't think so. They score the 3 "motos" together to determine an overall winner of the event. What I couldn't find in the rule book...
I don't think so. They score the 3 "motos" together to determine an overall winner of the event.

What I couldn't find in the rule book was if they are awarding points for each moto, like outdoors. It isn't clear, but my gut feeling is that they wouldn't make each short moto worth the same points as a regular main. That would make a weekend like this coming one worth 3 times as much as a "regular" weekend, and it'd cripple any rider hurt that weekend 3X worse.
We weren't talking points, merley if a moto win ends up in the record book as a W or not. My conclusion is that it seems strange to get an official (moto)W in the book when that moto itself gave no actual championship points. But I haven't managed to find a conclusive answer to that question yet.
1/16/2018 10:18am
yz133rider wrote:
What exactly do you think i missed? You guys were discussing if the short mains end up in the record books. They dont. I explained how...
What exactly do you think i missed? You guys were discussing if the short mains end up in the record books. They dont. I explained how they score the nights event...

If your wondering about each shortened race scoring points, no they arent. The final results deternine your finishing positin and your points for the event.
Yes, and that was what I said in my first post, and then F150Motocrosser wrote:

Upon which I replied [...] it seems strange go get a W that gave no championship points in the book.

And after having read the rulebook, although this isn't explicitly mentioned therein, I lean toward disagreeing with F150Motocrosser. So you and I are right about this Laughing
yz133rider
1/16/2018 10:20am
Poppanator wrote:
Yes, and that was what I said in my first post, and then F150Motocrosser wrote: [i]Actually, I believe they are counting each race as an official...
Yes, and that was what I said in my first post, and then F150Motocrosser wrote:

Upon which I replied [...] it seems strange go get a W that gave no championship points in the book.

And after having read the rulebook, although this isn't explicitly mentioned therein, I lean toward disagreeing with F150Motocrosser. So you and I are right about this Laughing
Lol i hate when it feels like your arguing but your actually agreeing. Who wins!?

I think the triple crown races will be better honestly.
mauidex
1/16/2018 10:30am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2018 10:32am
there are no points paid for each main, only points toward the OA, low score wins1 for 1st, 10 for tenth, etc............my complaint.......there should be championship points each event and maybe points for OA as well, now THAT would shake things up!!

and Mike Alessi is really pissed off right now!!!
MikeyB35
1/16/2018 10:34am
Poppanator wrote:
Wrong. Record book will show overall winner only.
1/16/2018 10:43am
Poppanator wrote:
We weren't talking points, merley if a moto win ends up in the record book as a W or not. My conclusion is that it seems...
We weren't talking points, merley if a moto win ends up in the record book as a W or not. My conclusion is that it seems strange to get an official (moto)W in the book when that moto itself gave no actual championship points. But I haven't managed to find a conclusive answer to that question yet.
He understands. It won't be in the record books. There is only one winner. Simple.
Johnny Depp
1/16/2018 10:57am
As we saw in the interview, Mookie is excited about his chances (as he joked tongue in cheek about his lack of endurance).
Freise used to be a good starter. He'd be lucky to hang onto a podium even with a holeshot and the whole pack crashing behind him in a heap. I'll take this opportunity to mention that he has become a quiet, smooth, consistent top 10 threat that still lives with the stigma of his bam bam style of years past.

10 minutes plus 1 lap means a 2 second lap time deficit can be eaten up in half a race. It will take someone who runs within 1 second of the fastest to pull off an upset.
crockett
1/16/2018 10:59am
Maybe someone Could tally up all the main event leaders at 10 minutes into the race. I do t think it would be as varied as we like to think
crockett
1/16/2018 10:59am
Maybe someone Could tally up all the main event leaders at 10 minutes into the race from the last few years. I dont think it would be as varied as we like to think
MelonFan123
1/16/2018 11:03am
here's how I understand it:

- Olympic style scoring for each moto: 1pt = 1st, 2pt = 2nd, and so on..
- Lowest cumulative points is "Winner" in the record books.

Potentially we could have someone with a 2-3-2 score in the three mains be the lowest score and go down in the record books as a SX Main Event winner... without actually winning a race.
Samuel
1/16/2018 11:21am
Panic_Rev wrote:
Barcia!
Barcia won a race in his rookie year on the 450. I think Phoenix 2013? He had a lot of upside and was riding the Honda really well. I think he has a few wins in the 450 class. Not since moving to Yamaha.
kkawboy14
1/16/2018 11:25am
crockett wrote:
Maybe someone Could tally up all the main event leaders at 10 minutes into the race from the last few years. I dont think it would...
Maybe someone Could tally up all the main event leaders at 10 minutes into the race from the last few years. I dont think it would be as varied as we like to think
Yes but all those guys in those events knew they were gonna have to ride 20 some minutes, in these events they will know to.....sprint baby sprint!
Firefly47
1/16/2018 11:30am
If Mike Alessi comes back, he could rip a start and run up front for 5 or 6 laps before fading into mediocrity like normal.
mauidex
1/16/2018 11:32am
here's how I understand it: - Olympic style scoring for each moto: 1pt = 1st, 2pt = 2nd, and so on.. - Lowest cumulative points is...
here's how I understand it:

- Olympic style scoring for each moto: 1pt = 1st, 2pt = 2nd, and so on..
- Lowest cumulative points is "Winner" in the record books.

Potentially we could have someone with a 2-3-2 score in the three mains be the lowest score and go down in the record books as a SX Main Event winner... without actually winning a race.
EXACTLY!!??

Post a reply to: If one of the triple crown motos are only 10 minutes

The Latest