In other news...Dakar

Crush
1/6/2020 2:49pm
There is the YouTube Dakar channel and the RBTV updates.
BigBoreFan58
1/6/2020 2:50pm
Nighttrain wrote:
NBC Sports has a 30 minute recap each day. What are other ways to watch the race, please?
RedBull TV
LungButter
1/6/2020 3:18pm
Well shit, Shorty went down big today and damaged his Navigation tower it sounds like, I hope he finds a way to limp it through with a decent finish tomorrow.

Pretty cool to see the privateer take a stage win today.

Interested to see how Sunderland's strategy plays out, he seems to be the only of the KTM team "contenders" who didn't lay up big time on the first part of the Super Marathon stage.

12 hour time change to Saudi makes it hard to follow in real time at all, kind of a bummer.
Nighttrain
1/6/2020 3:27pm
LungButter wrote:
Well shit, Shorty went down big today and damaged his Navigation tower it sounds like, I hope he finds a way to limp it through with...
Well shit, Shorty went down big today and damaged his Navigation tower it sounds like, I hope he finds a way to limp it through with a decent finish tomorrow.

Pretty cool to see the privateer take a stage win today.

Interested to see how Sunderland's strategy plays out, he seems to be the only of the KTM team "contenders" who didn't lay up big time on the first part of the Super Marathon stage.

12 hour time change to Saudi makes it hard to follow in real time at all, kind of a bummer.
I think he said he had a blown fork seal or something that helped cause crash. Short had a dinger on his forehead and looked very beat up.

The Shop

wwdiii
1/6/2020 7:19pm
The guy from Chile was rockin the high speed wheelie in the first leg. I can’t wait ti try that after work tomorrow, right here in the subdivision. Soccer moms get out of my way!!!
CM_84
1/6/2020 8:41pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2020 10:02pm
philG wrote:
I will follow it on here, not going to watch... fuck the Saudi's and the Camel they rode in on.
Will you watch SX when/if they have a round there as per the rumors lately?
CM_84
1/6/2020 8:44pm
The guys on bikes in Dakar have the biggest balls in sport IMO.
Fucking wild stuff.
I love hearing Shorty talk about it in interviews. He has so much passion for it, it’s great to listen to
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
1/7/2020 2:00am
Brabec is on different level. van Beveren OUT, Short, Sunderland & Quintanilla down 20 mins so far. Walkner is nowhere to be seen on livetiming...

It sure does look good for Honda so far.
Crisp
1/7/2020 2:25am
I’ve been saying for the last 6 months to myself that Ricky will win this if Toby doesn’t. He was flying last year and he’s at it again. Honda better help him as much as possible.
1/7/2020 2:34am
CM_84 wrote:
The guys on bikes in Dakar have the biggest balls in sport IMO. Fucking wild stuff. I love hearing Shorty talk about it in interviews. He...
The guys on bikes in Dakar have the biggest balls in sport IMO.
Fucking wild stuff.
I love hearing Shorty talk about it in interviews. He has so much passion for it, it’s great to listen to
I remember the 80's when Dakar was in Africa and the bikes weren't limited to 450's... it was insane. The balls on those guys were mind numbing. So many bad accidents and fatalities though, they had to slow them down.

Still a good race, but the original was just so, so, burly... I'm sure YouTube has plenty from those days.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
1/7/2020 2:57am
Motofinne wrote:
Adrien Van Beveren crashed out hard... . @yamaharacingcom's @A_Vanbeveren has suffered a severe fall after just 3 km of the day’s special.He has not lost...
Adrien Van Beveren crashed out hard...

He sure ate shit.

Medical report says broken collarbone and bruised hip.
Crush
1/7/2020 2:59am
I can't imagine a tank slapper on one of those big bikes with all that fuel and mass at that speed is a good time!
Sully
1/7/2020 3:41am
Thanks for the reminder about the Red Bull app, gents. Totally forgot about that. Watching the Stage 1 recap, and I can’t believe how chill Price was in his stage recap interview. He didn’t even look like he broke a sweat after 700+km. Dude’s a freak.
andyyam
1/7/2020 4:32am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2020 4:36am
Great stage for Brabec , Sunderland and Price both had a bad day , Price 35 mins down and Sunderland 38 . Sam is not happy , saying there were mistakes in the road book .
flatout111
1/7/2020 4:40am
I'm pulling for Ricky cause i think he can be first American to win it and pulling for Shorty cause, well, he's Shorty but I've also become a big fan of Sam Sunderland. Really talented racer and good personality, too.
LungButter
1/7/2020 5:40am
Its looking like times are gonna be adjusted because of the Way Point issue. So the finish time will be at the way point before everyone got lost.

I imagine Brabec still won the stage but probably not as big of a gap to the others as it initially looked like.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
1/7/2020 12:24pm
Toby Price going to start charging...
The whole map/navigation issue was a massive setback.
philG
1/7/2020 1:11pm
CM_84 wrote:
Nope. Fuck em.

Who wants to watch a supercross in an empty stadium? MotoGP in Qatar pulls in 15000 people over the weekend.

MXGP there was in the high hundreds.

World athletics they were paying people to turn up.

Bramlett321
1/7/2020 2:01pm
I just saw the first Gas Gas on Red Bull TV during the replay of stage two. Not an up close look but definitely a Gas-KTM
CM_84
1/7/2020 2:11pm
CM_84 wrote:
philG wrote:
Nope. Fuck em. Who wants to watch a supercross in an empty stadium? MotoGP in Qatar pulls in 15000 people over the weekend. MXGP there was...
Nope. Fuck em.

Who wants to watch a supercross in an empty stadium? MotoGP in Qatar pulls in 15000 people over the weekend.

MXGP there was in the high hundreds.

World athletics they were paying people to turn up.

I agree that it sucks having the empty stands.
But I’m still watching.

I just hope Feld passes some of the financial benefit on to riders/teams....but I am sure they will just do the bare minimum to stop a mutiny.
kiwifan
1/7/2020 2:38pm
Motofinne wrote:
Adrien Van Beveren crashed out hard... . @yamaharacingcom's @A_Vanbeveren has suffered a severe fall after just 3 km of the day’s special.He has not lost...
Adrien Van Beveren crashed out hard...

nasty!!!
philG
1/7/2020 2:44pm
CM_84 wrote:
I agree that it sucks having the empty stands. But I’m still watching. I just hope Feld passes some of the financial benefit on to riders/teams....but...
I agree that it sucks having the empty stands.
But I’m still watching.

I just hope Feld passes some of the financial benefit on to riders/teams....but I am sure they will just do the bare minimum to stop a mutiny.
The older I get , the less inclined I am to put up with stuff . I don't go to France any more cos I am sick of their shit as well LOL..

You take Supercross to Paris, or Berlin, or Sydney. Except you wont because their is no money to do it, and funnily enough, anyone who is interested enough , already watches on TV. Its worldwide audience is what it is.

Feld wont give you the steam off their shit.

Last week's Pulp Show had a long segment with 2 Industry Agents who represent Kenny and AC amongst other . Its a bit of a wade , but very candid about the real state of the sport and its athletes.. I reckon its about 3 hours in .
LungButter
1/7/2020 3:55pm
Toby Price going to start charging...
The whole map/navigation issue was a massive setback.
None of the stage counted after the "bad way point" so the times reflect what happened up to that point and Ricky still handily won the stage.

Don't forget that Brabec is a National Hare and Hound champ, that is a series where they race in high speed and very rocky terrain on a course they've never seen before. He is very adept at that style of racing and it is transferring well to Dakar especially with the terrain this year.

Not to take anything away from Toby, I'm a big fan of him as well...but I think the assumption that he just has more outright speed than Brabec is kinda disrespectful to Ricky.
wwdiii
1/7/2020 8:11pm
Which Yamaha was the French guy on that ate it. I know little about those type bikes but I want one. I’m a Yamaha guy. With that said after Watching Ricky B. Ring that Honda out I’m buying Red! But I better ask my wife before I buy another to set in the garage and collect dust.
LungButter
1/7/2020 10:27pm
wwdiii wrote:
Which Yamaha was the French guy on that ate it. I know little about those type bikes but I want one. I’m a Yamaha guy. With...
Which Yamaha was the French guy on that ate it. I know little about those type bikes but I want one. I’m a Yamaha guy. With that said after Watching Ricky B. Ring that Honda out I’m buying Red! But I better ask my wife before I buy another to set in the garage and collect dust.
The Honda is a full works bike, purpose built from the ground up.

The Yamaha is based off the WR platform I believe, but most the trick stuff is probably not available to the public.
rangot
1/8/2020 12:58am
LungButter wrote:
None of the stage counted after the "bad way point" so the times reflect what happened up to that point and Ricky still handily won the...
None of the stage counted after the "bad way point" so the times reflect what happened up to that point and Ricky still handily won the stage.

Don't forget that Brabec is a National Hare and Hound champ, that is a series where they race in high speed and very rocky terrain on a course they've never seen before. He is very adept at that style of racing and it is transferring well to Dakar especially with the terrain this year.

Not to take anything away from Toby, I'm a big fan of him as well...but I think the assumption that he just has more outright speed than Brabec is kinda disrespectful to Ricky.
The top guys are all pretty good riders, but it almost doesn't matter. Navigation, good decisions, stategy decide of the race, especially this year. Walkner is a MX world champion, Short is.. well, Shorty, Price is fast anywhere... There's a lot more than speed involved.

Post a reply to: In other news...Dakar

The Latest