In the market for...

MZ193
A new handlebar.
I’m on a 22mm Renthal K971 which i like. But it’s time to upgrade to a 28mm handlebar.
My question is:
What is a Protaper Fuzion? In which way is it adjustable? Anyone with experiences with this handlebar?
What is a Protaper Evo Magnesium?
What’s the difference to a common aluminium handlebar?

I’m also considering a Renthal Fatbar:
I like medium to low bars... i really like my k971 and i also like the Twinwall 999.
What bends do you recommend me?
|
MZ193
4/5/2020 7:58am
Cant go wrong with 996.
Is there a Fatbar with 996 bend? Also what is the stock bar of a 2016 rmz 250?
HackMan162
4/5/2020 10:31am
MZ193 wrote:
A new handlebar. I’m on a 22mm Renthal K971 which i like. But it’s time to upgrade to a 28mm handlebar. My question is: What is...
A new handlebar.
I’m on a 22mm Renthal K971 which i like. But it’s time to upgrade to a 28mm handlebar.
My question is:
What is a Protaper Fuzion? In which way is it adjustable? Anyone with experiences with this handlebar?
What is a Protaper Evo Magnesium?
What’s the difference to a common aluminium handlebar?

I’m also considering a Renthal Fatbar:
I like medium to low bars... i really like my k971 and i also like the Twinwall 999.
What bends do you recommend me?
ProTaper Fusion is essentially a ProTaper Contour with a crossbar that locks and unlocks Unlocked, the bar will flex like the Contour. This bar is 5mm thick aluminum, I believe.
ProTaper Evo is a 4mm thick aluminum bar. It's flex characteristics are a little bit better, IMO. I wish they would make a Fusion with the Evo bar as it's base.
4/5/2020 3:03pm
Cant go wrong with 996.
MZ193 wrote:
Is there a Fatbar with 996 bend? Also what is the stock bar of a 2016 rmz 250?
I'm not sure to be honest as I run the Twinwalls. You would have to look the specs but I do believe there is.

The Shop

4/5/2020 6:09pm
Of course Bars are all “personal preference”. I purchased some Fusion bars this past fall. I did install Them but yet to use, I can say the bar pad is not clearing the Clamp bolt heads and is a complete PITA to Velcro up.
I actually bought two pairs. I also have two EVO bars also.
If I’m being honest that “CHINA” logo has turned me off to the brand all together.
With options like Reikon, Renthal and Neken I’m ok with not buying PT products.
Food for thought is that the Renthal chart and a Pro Taper chart will be slightly off from one another.
For example I use 996/997/999 in Renthal.
I then used the PT chart to get a similar bend to the Renthal bars mentioned and it was pretty off of what I wanted.
Good luck!

Ghost
Motofinne
4/6/2020 12:45am Edited Date/Time 4/6/2020 6:01am
The Pro Taper EVO bar is supposed to the one of, if not the most flexing and forgiving bar on the market. The Renthal Twinwall is on the other spectra, very stiff. Neken bars are also supposed to be on the stiffer side.

I use the EVO bar at the moment and i'm happy with it.
spimx
4/6/2020 5:58am
Of course Bars are all “personal preference”. I purchased some Fusion bars this past fall. I did install Them but yet to use, I can say...
Of course Bars are all “personal preference”. I purchased some Fusion bars this past fall. I did install Them but yet to use, I can say the bar pad is not clearing the Clamp bolt heads and is a complete PITA to Velcro up.
I actually bought two pairs. I also have two EVO bars also.
If I’m being honest that “CHINA” logo has turned me off to the brand all together.
With options like Reikon, Renthal and Neken I’m ok with not buying PT products.
Food for thought is that the Renthal chart and a Pro Taper chart will be slightly off from one another.
For example I use 996/997/999 in Renthal.
I then used the PT chart to get a similar bend to the Renthal bars mentioned and it was pretty off of what I wanted.
Good luck!

Ghost
Pro-Taper bars are made in China?

Post a reply to: In the market for...

The Latest