Related:
Create New Tag
XR75_Flamethrower XR75_Flamethrower
11/29/2015 7:33 PM

Been wondering this for awhile :
What's with Matthes & JT$ using #industryseating ? Anyone know what they're getting at?
Maybe the overall status of industry insiders or literally the comped Industry Seating found at Supercross events? Thanks

stangkag stangkag
11/29/2015 7:40 PM

When I was in industry each weekend I found the seats to be the shittiest available they had. Thats about all I know, you usually have the starting gate and shit in your forward view and its hard to see everything from their.

It aint nothing but a little bit of this and a little bit of Braaaap!!!

jackiej jackiej
11/29/2015 7:57 PM

its being put in full sarcasticness, i can assure you that.

ML512 ML512
11/29/2015 8:08 PM

It's probably joking about how terrible industry seating is or how many people are actually in it.

Matthes and JT don't actually sit in industry seating, they're up in the Press Box. Well, at least Matthes always is, sometimes I see JT up there.

sdfog1 sdfog1
11/29/2015 8:11 PM

I'm pretty sure they're referring to JT$'s attempt at forming his own podcast. It was going to be dubbed "industry seating".

DownSouth DownSouth
11/29/2015 8:17 PM
sdfog1 wrote:

I'm pretty sure they're ...more

Yeah. Matthes has been cracking on JT$ for a while over the podcast that has never gotten off the ground.

Jt$ Jt$
11/30/2015 6:37 AM

There was a plan to have my own podcast under the Pulp umbrella at one point. Between Fly full time, Racer X, the BTO VIP program and Pulp, I just decided it was too much. RIP Industry Seating.

UpTiTe UpTiTe
11/30/2015 10:36 AM
Jt$ wrote:

There was a plan to have ...more

So what you're saying is that you can't hook me up with seats?

newmann newmann
11/30/2015 11:11 AM
Jt$ wrote:

There was a plan to have ...more

UpTiTe wrote:

So what you're saying is ...more

laughing You wouldn't like the view anyway.

I sat there once with passes through the Legends and Heroes gig. I have displayed bikes with them on numerous occasions and it's as if Feld wants to make it as difficult as possible with pit access and clearance to get the bikes down to the podium in the stadium. Goddamn shame when you have to sneak shit in that they want up on the podium for a presentation throughout the day. blink And I always offered to pay for any passes necessary, never asked for anything for free. Just fucking weird. Someone should start a #IndustryWeird
Canerat Canerat
11/30/2015 12:43 PM
stangkag wrote:

When I was in industry ...more

I agree. Every SX i went to the industry seating was shit. So shit in fact that Steve Van Zuuylen and myself hopped the fence and climbed on the rocks at A1. Security dragged us off and threw us out of the stadium. Been part of the FMF crew at the time we were smuggled back in.

But you are correct...industry seating is crap and the team would always purchase seats in the prime stands for those who did not have work to do.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken

Every honest man is deeply ashamed of his government.

-eagle- -eagle-
1/16/2020 10:25 AM

I can't find it in the app or on the site but here is what uncle google found:
Industry Seating Podcast 2020

Jt$ Jt$
1/16/2020 10:46 AM

It should be on most every podcast app now. It's been fun so far! I don't really know what I am doing but it's cool to have my own platform to ramble on.

EngIceDave EngIceDave
1/16/2020 10:54 AM

Industry seating is usually terrible....bad location and then there's never enough seats, so you have to go camp out a location long before opening

MotoTribology MotoTribology
1/16/2020 10:54 AM

I guess my standards are lower. When I was in the industry, I never had a problem with industry seating at MetLife. I thought it was a decent view, and whatever, I didn't pay a dime, so what's to complain about?

If it's got two wheels, I know just the guy to crash it.

MotoTribology.com - Motorcycle Lubrication Education

petef930 petef930
1/16/2020 10:57 AM
XR75_Flamethrower wrote:

Been wondering this for ...more

Last year I bought club level seats for Oakland sx. They ended up being in the industry section. When we went to sit down we had riders in our seats so we just grabbed other seats in the same section. I thought it was cool and so did all the kids. The teams and riders were sitting all around us. After the heats they would come sit by us.

lumpy790 lumpy790
1/16/2020 11:21 AM

Typically Industry seating is partially behind the podium back drop.

Tarz483 Tarz483
1/16/2020 11:23 AM

This is the first I have heard that it exists.
Ive had this feeling lately like I'm finding things out late.
And I follow the sport closely.
I'm pretty sure I will like it. I think JT is one of the most knowledgeable guys in the Media. And even if there are a lot of podcasts only the Better ones will stick around.

thall767 thall767
1/16/2020 11:51 AM

It's JT's new podcast and as far as a I know he plans to do them every week and they have been coming out Sunday or Monday. He goes more in depth from what happened at the races or what happens during the week. Props to him for doing it solo but he has been taking emails if you have questions.

Spudnut Spudnut
1/16/2020 11:56 AM

YEAHH! Finally!

makmcguire makmcguire
1/16/2020 12:51 PM

The only place that the industry seating isn't the worst seats in the house is Daytona, then in my opinion they are the best seats. I prefer press box if I have both press and Industry seating. Once again Daytona is the outlier because the press box is the worst to watch from.

The all time best seats though are if you can get track access.

BobbyM BobbyM
1/16/2020 1:20 PM
EngIceDave wrote:

Industry seating is ...more

Always closest to the pits as the crow flies. 😜
And I thought it was "industrie" seating... No?

MotoCoUSA MotoCoUSA
1/16/2020 2:08 PM

Ive had the industry seating the past 3 years at glendale and its fine for me. I usually just end up standing at the top of the section and watch. Get to see all sorts of team people and such and BS with them. Last year I was talking to Chiz's dad for a while, such a nice guy.

EngIceDave EngIceDave
1/16/2020 2:17 PM
makmcguire wrote:

The only place that the ...more

At Daytona, you can only see the one end or corner.

I think Daytona is the worst

lumpy790 lumpy790
1/16/2020 3:35 PM
makmcguire wrote:

The only place that the ...more

EngIceDave wrote:

At Daytona, you can only ...more

Agreed. Remember the year they had two different industry seating sections and I had to go to one and you had to go to the other?

Tarz483 Tarz483
1/16/2020 4:21 PM

Now that I know that 'Industry Seating' is the name of the podcast. (Catchy) it seems dumb that this turned into a conversation about industry seating lol.

SLOWTIME SLOWTIME
1/16/2020 5:18 PM

BLENDZALL!!!w00t

Tarz483 Tarz483
1/16/2020 6:16 PM

Ever seen this ?
I hadn't until today, pretty funny though

makmcguire makmcguire
1/17/2020 8:38 AM
Tarz483 wrote:

Ever seen this ?
I hadn't ...more

Quite possibly the greatest video I will see all week.

Zeke27G Zeke27G
1/17/2020 8:13 PM
Tarz483 wrote:

Ever seen this ?
I hadn't ...more

If only JT$ had hired legendary MX trainer Judy McCormick!

Do It In The Dirt!

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry