Inside Motocross collection value?

Edited Date/Time 7/4/2020 9:53pm
Empty nesters moving to a new house soon so I've decided I'm going to lighten the load and finally sell and/or donate a butt load of Y2K to current magazines, movies, evennt programs etc.

I was trying to see what the going rate on Ebay was for a complete collection of AXO's Inside Motocross magazines these days but couldn't find.. or overlooked any that were listed.

Anybody have any idea what these are worth today?

For the most part in perfect condition with the exception of a small wine stain on issue 1 from when I had them displayed in a bar and had a spill.

|
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/3/2020 3:35pm
I sold all 4 issues in new condition on ebay and got $80 about two years ago, thought they would go for more but somethings sell better than others. My vintage posters sold for huge amounts but magazines and Hi flyer MX cards don't bring much. Sad
MXATC
Fantasy
2373rd
7/3/2020 3:40pm
I have all of the issues except for #4. Those were awesome!!!
gt80rider
7/4/2020 5:57am
After consulting multiple high end resources, I have determined that your collection is worth right around- tree fiddy.

The Shop

mxnick
7/4/2020 1:22pm
$50-100. Try selling them here, might be easier. They dont bring a ton of money.
7/4/2020 3:15pm
thanks for all the input guys....I'll be 100% honest....I would have a very difficult time jettisoning them ......but if I do I will bump this thread or post them in the bazaar section

I will be posting a bunch of magazines, event programs, toys and posters that I'll list here first for you guys.

I have RacerX, Transworld MX, MXRacer, Motocross Journal, Moto Playground, Dirt Rider, MXAction, Final Lap and some coffee table books. But you guys will have the first rights of refusal.

EngIceDave
7/4/2020 4:03pm
As my Dad says "It's worth what someone is willing to pay, that's all"
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/4/2020 5:03pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2020 5:41pm
thanks for all the input guys....I'll be 100% honest....I would have a very difficult time jettisoning them ......but if I do I will bump this thread...
thanks for all the input guys....I'll be 100% honest....I would have a very difficult time jettisoning them ......but if I do I will bump this thread or post them in the bazaar section

I will be posting a bunch of magazines, event programs, toys and posters that I'll list here first for you guys.

I have RacerX, Transworld MX, MXRacer, Motocross Journal, Moto Playground, Dirt Rider, MXAction, Final Lap and some coffee table books. But you guys will have the first rights of refusal.

I have had really good luck selling Dealer catalogs and one off mags from the 70s and 80s like "pro riding secrets' or 'pro motocross annual' etc and also event programs and old stickers, they all bring big bucks but magazines are a hard sell because most all of us had subscriptions etc so lots of them out there and condition and age are the key. Other things I hit paydirt on was Race tech log book and Fox rain coat.

7/4/2020 9:37pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I have had really good luck selling Dealer catalogs and one off mags from the 70s and 80s like "pro riding secrets' or 'pro motocross annual'...
I have had really good luck selling Dealer catalogs and one off mags from the 70s and 80s like "pro riding secrets' or 'pro motocross annual' etc and also event programs and old stickers, they all bring big bucks but magazines are a hard sell because most all of us had subscriptions etc so lots of them out there and condition and age are the key. Other things I hit paydirt on was Race tech log book and Fox rain coat.

Thanks for posting.... really enjoyed seeing some of those rarer items.

Thus far it looks like this die cast LBZ bike in its original packaging is going to be the most valuable single item I have although I have some vintage/rare posters, banners etc. I still have to unpack

brocster
7/4/2020 9:53pm
I have 1 and 2 definitely, possibly #3 as well. Have very first racer x and first year of trans world I believe. Paper box full of vhs as well.

Probably will turn it loose one day as well as they have made it through several moves and get a little more tattered every time.
7/4/2020 10:43pm
What’s the hard cover box set worth out of interest. Bought brand new and stored in ziplock bag. Never touched cause I got the full set in paperback to read if I want

lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/5/2020 11:09am
What’s the hard cover box set worth out of interest. Bought brand new and stored in ziplock bag. Never touched cause I got the full set...
What’s the hard cover box set worth out of interest. Bought brand new and stored in ziplock bag. Never touched cause I got the full set in paperback to read if I want

Not sure what those go for but they are hard to find so I would guess you would do pretty well if you sold them on ebay. What you can always do even though it will cost you some money if they don't sell, is put them on Ebay with a high reserve price so if bidding is not getting much action then you don't sell them to a low ball bid but you would still have to pay listing fee. You could also have make offer on the auction and could get a collector who wants them bad. You can keep watching ebay to see if anyone lists a set of them also and see what they sell for that way. Ebay has gotten expensive so I don't list near as much stuff except if I have something that I want to sell with a world wide market and not just local.

Post a reply to: Inside Motocross collection value?

The Latest