International Supercross growth

drt410
I had shared another article before about how SX has rapidly grown to its highest point ever in its history with the addition of streaming. This article on the front page now seems like sx may take the NFL route and do a couple international sx events per year within its schedule vs the off season. I think this would be great what do you guys think?

Sx is the “world championship” of Supercross right now, as its an American invention, I think eventually it would be great if it moved closer to the GP model with the US as its strategic center. The mxgp’s are a european centered series... because Europe the continent is still smaller than the us, it makes sense for it to be a world championship throughout different countries with a European focus. They go to many different countries but it is a euro centric series since Europe has many countries in close proximity. I think this would be great if sx did something similar with a US centric model. Geneva, Paris, Toronto...already run sx races and could be fairly easily integrated. The major difference is that the US is on the other side of the world so travel is tough. What do u guys think?

https://m.vitalmx.com/features/Cooksey-Straight-To-The-Point-My-Story-W…
|
cameron96
2/6/2019 6:22am
I’m from Canada. Since SPEED left it’s been hard to watch

The edition of the streaming package is great for us. While expansive it works and I know lots who have purchased it.

The archives are awesome too! Tons of content to watch!

MXGP has a large market of viewers that know of. But don’t watch SX. They should be targeted

MXGP attracts American viewers from the 2015-2017 USGPs and mXON. I never bought a Mxgp race until Charlotte 2016 to see how Coop did against that Herlings guy. Not I’ve bought every season since..
drt410
2/6/2019 7:32am
Agreed streaming has been the best thing that could possibly happen for the sport with regards to exposure. I know a lot of casual fans who got sick of the crazy timing. I think its interesting to see this possible NFL approach of 1 or 2 international rounds per year. That would be incredible and open up the sport to even more people. It could be tough on the riders but they could have the off week before or after.
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
2/6/2019 7:46am
1 or 2 international rounds per year is a great idea.
CPR
2/6/2019 6:04pm
Cooksey may be 'straight to the point' but he missed the point that the NBC app is only available in the US and therefore has done absolutely nothing to grow supercross internationally.

The Shop

2/6/2019 6:49pm
CPR wrote:
Cooksey may be 'straight to the point' but he missed the point that the NBC app is only available in the US and therefore has done...
Cooksey may be 'straight to the point' but he missed the point that the NBC app is only available in the US and therefore has done absolutely nothing to grow supercross internationally.
Streaming internationally might be under a different service, but viewership is up. Feld has approached the manufacturers about expansion and I know they want to go global. Guessing the lime has any possible expansion talks frozen. If international viewership increases it’s inevitable.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
2/6/2019 7:15pm
The last time they tried to go outside North America it did not get that much support from the us teams , be interesting to see if they would support it this time , I think Ktm would , but the other teams get most their money from their usa distributors budgets so that may Be why they don’t care about going to Europe
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
2/6/2019 7:17pm
The last time they tried to go outside North America it did not get that much support from the us teams , be interesting to see if they would support it this time , I think Ktm would , but the other teams get most their money from their usa distributors budgets so that may Be why they don’t care about going to Europe

Post a reply to: International Supercross growth

The Latest