Is KTM in Europe doomed???

Banzai551
3/18/2018 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2018 4:59am
Mxgp of Europe was an incredible race! Both mx2 and mxgp! From watching on cbssn and seeing 2 teams (who are suppose to be 1manufacture team).They seem to hate each other! As the saying goes..."too many roosters in the hen house". Between Prado-Jonnas and Herlings-AC battles...wow. Here in the US, Rodger has KTM, running like a Swiss time piece. When BTO's hauler caught fire. KTM USA, Rockstar Husky, and Troy Lee ...all helped... I'd never imagine that happening w Claudio's team n KTM factory. We all even witnessed in 2017, every KTM partnership make sure Dungey beat Tomac for the title.
|
3/18/2018 3:37pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2018 3:38pm
they went 1-2 and 1-2 .. whats wrong with that ?? i guess Roger would want that to in both classes
Banzai551
3/18/2018 3:39pm
With AC signing another 2 year contract....I'd be really surprised if Herlings does go for bigger dollars(Euro) and jump ship.
Grenader26
3/18/2018 3:39pm
You made me spill my machiatto!
Banzai551
3/18/2018 3:42pm
Not saying anything is wrong w good results. What I saw is 2 teams in mechanic area, that looked like they hated each other. A mx2 teammate cross jump his team mate and whip his bike in his line. Doesn't look like a "Team" to me.

The Shop

Banzai551
3/18/2018 3:44pm
Too quote HIGHLANDER....."THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE". LOL
3/18/2018 3:45pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2018 3:46pm
they went 1-2 and 1-2 .. whats wrong with that ?? i guess Roger would want that to in both classes
Did you read anything past the thread title?

To the OP I've kind of wondered that as well, it's a bit of a odd situation but I guess as long as the titles and race wins stay within KTM than everything is roses.
kiwifan
3/18/2018 3:59pm
No I dont think there are any issues, if anything bosses are happy they are all competing/fighting for the wins
Drtbykr
3/18/2018 3:59pm
The only thing that would doom them is if Redbull is outlawed.

I can’t believe they are in MotoGP$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. That would be a horse choking budget!

I love KTM, but I have only seen one streetbike that was, no offence, kinda goofy (and neat), the new 390.

3/18/2018 3:59pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2018 4:01pm
Did you read anything past the thread title? To the OP I've kind of wondered that as well, it's a bit of a odd situation but...
Did you read anything past the thread title?

To the OP I've kind of wondered that as well, it's a bit of a odd situation but I guess as long as the titles and race wins stay within KTM than everything is roses.
i did , but do teammates have to be good friends ? they let them race each other like it should and i think its great , they are rivals but do respect each other ... at the end of the race its a team and for fans it doesnt get any better
make1go
3/18/2018 4:00pm
you mean in a world championship where they are racing for big stakes theres some animosity between teams?

who woulda thunk?

its a world championship
it goes in the record books people around the WORLD will read for decades.

Until we are in an alien cup
it dont get bigger

philG
3/18/2018 4:08pm
I'd say Honda are doomed... Bogers in because he bought budget , and Gajser just seems to be on a world tour planting peaks...and the 250 team is woeful . Suzuki already threw the towel in, who is next.
Banzai551
3/18/2018 4:12pm
Guys.....I agree with almost everything said..other than Prado-Pauls respecting each other, it's highly noted how much they hate each other! What I'm not understanding is.....how this is 2 teams. It's KTM. Who's the Alphadog?? N others ate asking. Did you see Paul Malin ask female KTM bigwig, who she's rooting for on mx2. She was stuttering trying to answer.
APLMAN99
3/18/2018 4:16pm
Banzai551 wrote:
Mxgp of Europe was an incredible race! Both mx2 and mxgp! From watching on cbssn and seeing 2 teams (who are suppose to be 1manufacture team).They...
Mxgp of Europe was an incredible race! Both mx2 and mxgp! From watching on cbssn and seeing 2 teams (who are suppose to be 1manufacture team).They seem to hate each other! As the saying goes..."too many roosters in the hen house". Between Prado-Jonnas and Herlings-AC battles...wow. Here in the US, Rodger has KTM, running like a Swiss time piece. When BTO's hauler caught fire. KTM USA, Rockstar Husky, and Troy Lee ...all helped... I'd never imagine that happening w Claudio's team n KTM factory. We all even witnessed in 2017, every KTM partnership make sure Dungey beat Tomac for the title.

kiwifan
3/18/2018 4:48pm
philG wrote:
I'd say Honda are doomed... Bogers in because he bought budget , and Gajser just seems to be on a world tour planting peaks...and the 250...
I'd say Honda are doomed... Bogers in because he bought budget , and Gajser just seems to be on a world tour planting peaks...and the 250 team is woeful . Suzuki already threw the towel in, who is next.
MX1 wise: Gajser is recovering from serious jaw injuries but finished a credible 9th, Bogers also injured but now back on the bike (and I think back in the next round?) and a real dark horse, MX2 wise: Hunter Lawrence just finished on the podium for the 2nd time in a row....

not sure that means they are doomed or woeful ?!?!?!?
Banzai551
3/18/2018 4:58pm
ALPMAN99. That's awesome!!!. Lol. Heres all I'm saying...you'd never see this split in the USA. You'd never see Dungey in one semi and MM25 in another, with no communication n not working as """"1"""" team..... WITH""""1"""" TEAM MANAGER!. Just surprised at the SPLIT, when KTM is suppose to be ONE FACTORY TEAM. If AC we're to say get hurt n miss a round or 2....Could you see him blocking for Herlings to win a title??? MM25, we saw what he did for the Dunge!
ruy
3/18/2018 4:59pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2018 5:04pm
I do not know what Coldenhoff does in all this, a rider who does not win anything, And it's not a promise, it's been there for years.
And in the USA, Tickle, Roger, really dude? There was no other rider with the ability to win at least qualifying or a young promise.?
Some KTM members need a relay and not only those who choose the riders,
Banzai551
3/18/2018 5:03pm
Its gonna be great to watch! Wait till the drama when one rider takes another out!!!! We saw here what happens when too many studs are on the same team. Jeremy Martin-Cooper Webb. Martin would set an "EZUP" , way away from the team semi!
philG
3/18/2018 5:05pm
philG wrote:
I'd say Honda are doomed... Bogers in because he bought budget , and Gajser just seems to be on a world tour planting peaks...and the 250...
kiwifan wrote:
MX1 wise: Gajser is recovering from serious jaw injuries but finished a credible 9th, Bogers also injured but now back on the bike (and I think...
MX1 wise: Gajser is recovering from serious jaw injuries but finished a credible 9th, Bogers also injured but now back on the bike (and I think back in the next round?) and a real dark horse, MX2 wise: Hunter Lawrence just finished on the podium for the 2nd time in a row....

not sure that means they are doomed or woeful ?!?!?!?
Gajser crashes a lot, and all Honda's eggs are in that basket. Bogers took a bunch of HSF logistics money to HRC, and the 250 rider is Vlaanderen, Lawrence is on 114 Motorsports with Vaessen and word is that team is getting very little help , apart from paying for Geico motors.

And yes, woeful rather than doomed, but they made some wierd decisions, Bogers to a full factory ride in MX1 from a private team in MX2 tells me they arent serious about winning.
Banzai551
3/18/2018 5:08pm
Ruy.....YES, YES,YES!!! That's what I'm saying! Please reread. Could you imagine, say Bradshaw n Chicken on same team...but in different semis on same team.....or is it the same team??? Who's getting the attention, factory parts, bonuses etc.
MXMattii
3/18/2018 5:10pm
They are running two teams to prevent this from happening. The Di Carli team is doing 110% for Cairoli and Prado. The Other KTM team is doing 110% for Herlings, Jonass and Coldenhoff. So using your two factory teams to split your roosters like you call it does seem like good management if you ask me.

They only problem will be is, what are they gonna do with Pauls Jonass when he needs to go to the MXGP?! Are they gonna move him to Husqvarna? Because that brand needs a rider who can fight for championships, or are they gonna try him in the USA? Because from the moment KTM outsourced their MX2/250/Lites... USA team to TLD the results aren't what they want it to be, what it needs to be. In supercross they had some flashes but in outdoors it is a total disaster. So they could also use someone who can fight for championships like Jonass. Idem by the way with Jorge Prado. But can they run two foreign riders in the TLD team, is Ping willing to do that?

Off topic about Gajser: When riders are not ready to race. Like we saw yesterday with Cooper Webb after his practice crash in the week but also with Tim Gajser today because of the heavy conditions. Then why are you letting them race? From the moment HRC saw: Snow, ice, water, deep deep deep sand, ... they should've made the decision you gonna do PR work but not race this weekend here at Valkenswaard because the track is about 10x heavier like usual. Now he crashed and crashed again and what does that mentally with a rider?
Banzai551
3/18/2018 5:22pm
MXMattii wrote:
They are running two teams to prevent this from happening. The Di Carli team is doing 110% for Cairoli and Prado. The Other KTM team is...
They are running two teams to prevent this from happening. The Di Carli team is doing 110% for Cairoli and Prado. The Other KTM team is doing 110% for Herlings, Jonass and Coldenhoff. So using your two factory teams to split your roosters like you call it does seem like good management if you ask me.

They only problem will be is, what are they gonna do with Pauls Jonass when he needs to go to the MXGP?! Are they gonna move him to Husqvarna? Because that brand needs a rider who can fight for championships, or are they gonna try him in the USA? Because from the moment KTM outsourced their MX2/250/Lites... USA team to TLD the results aren't what they want it to be, what it needs to be. In supercross they had some flashes but in outdoors it is a total disaster. So they could also use someone who can fight for championships like Jonass. Idem by the way with Jorge Prado. But can they run two foreign riders in the TLD team, is Ping willing to do that?

Off topic about Gajser: When riders are not ready to race. Like we saw yesterday with Cooper Webb after his practice crash in the week but also with Tim Gajser today because of the heavy conditions. Then why are you letting them race? From the moment HRC saw: Snow, ice, water, deep deep deep sand, ... they should've made the decision you gonna do PR work but not race this weekend here at Valkenswaard because the track is about 10x heavier like usual. Now he crashed and crashed again and what does that mentally with a rider?
Mxmatti.....YOU GET IT!! You should be there team manager! Very intelligent response. Vital RARE! I just think , as a team..you want longevity n not instant gratification. Something KTM did do with AC. But at his age n a new Alphadog in the house..instead of signing him too 2 more years of battling with your number 1 prospect. You'd move him into a consulting position, team coach, manager...a brand ICON(MCGRATH-KAW,Decoster, etc)...n mx2..wow. I'd bet anything the Prado camp n Pauls camp will be fist fighting before the half way point.
Banzai551
3/18/2018 5:30pm
Got to TRULY say....MXGP is gonna be WAY, WAY..more exciting to watch! Herlings and top 10..in frozen conditions, sloppy, super super rough...was a thing of beauty to watch! Like being able to watch Michelangelo paint the Sistine chapel or Eli Tomac attack the St. Louis supercross!
wreckitrandy
3/18/2018 5:32pm
Banzai551 wrote:
Ruy.....YES, YES,YES!!! That's what I'm saying! Please reread. Could you imagine, say Bradshaw n Chicken on same team...but in different semis on same team.....or is it...
Ruy.....YES, YES,YES!!! That's what I'm saying! Please reread. Could you imagine, say Bradshaw n Chicken on same team...but in different semis on same team.....or is it the same team??? Who's getting the attention, factory parts, bonuses etc.
If you change 'semis' for box vans, and change Bradshaw and Chicken to, Stanton & Bayle, RJ & Bailey, Glover & Hannah,,,, etc, you don't have to imagine. You don't have to like the people you work 'with'. You do have to do what you're told by the people you work 'for', assuming you want to race and get paid. The other teams wish they had KTM's problems. Especially in the GP's.
MXMattii
3/18/2018 5:38pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2018 5:40pm
Banzai551 wrote:
Mxmatti.....YOU GET IT!! You should be there team manager! Very intelligent response. Vital RARE! I just think , as a team..you want longevity n not instant...
Mxmatti.....YOU GET IT!! You should be there team manager! Very intelligent response. Vital RARE! I just think , as a team..you want longevity n not instant gratification. Something KTM did do with AC. But at his age n a new Alphadog in the house..instead of signing him too 2 more years of battling with your number 1 prospect. You'd move him into a consulting position, team coach, manager...a brand ICON(MCGRATH-KAW,Decoster, etc)...n mx2..wow. I'd bet anything the Prado camp n Pauls camp will be fist fighting before the half way point.
Him re-signing looks odd, but there is nobody besides Herlings who can beat him and if you are KTM you are probably a bit scared that the Di Carli-Cairoli tandem takes their bags and starts to work with Kawasaki or whatever brand. So re-sign Di Carli as team and Cairoli as rider is just to be sure you keep him on orange till he's not competitive anymore, till he can't beat Herlings anymore. So if Herlings fails you still have that old bugger to take the prize for the brand.

But I can't see them starting a third team to split Jonass-Herlings-Cairoli. Or wait a moment, would that be why the Standing Construct team came back and signed a contract with KTM as satellite team in the MXGP? To slit three roosters?

Also back to Cairoli, I don't know what his contract says. Maybe he has a option to quite after every season. Maybe he has a option to do something else for KTM like Enduro with there new Red Bull WESS championship. But I wouldn't be surprised to see that tough Sicilian being competitive till his day of his contract.

PS: Indeed luckily Prado and Jonass are pitting from different trucks, because they were racing on the edge today at Valkenswaard. Jonass was maybe even going a bit over the edge with cross-jumping sometimes to keep the Young Spanish kid behind him. I'm very curious how that will turn out on and off the track.
Banzai551
3/18/2018 5:39pm
wreckitrandy.......if you don't agree they put a chain and padlock on your bike. Please research. That's what happened to Bayle.
Banzai551
3/18/2018 5:49pm
MXMattii wrote:
Him re-signing looks odd, but there is nobody besides Herlings who can beat him and if you are KTM you are probably a bit scared that...
Him re-signing looks odd, but there is nobody besides Herlings who can beat him and if you are KTM you are probably a bit scared that the Di Carli-Cairoli tandem takes their bags and starts to work with Kawasaki or whatever brand. So re-sign Di Carli as team and Cairoli as rider is just to be sure you keep him on orange till he's not competitive anymore, till he can't beat Herlings anymore. So if Herlings fails you still have that old bugger to take the prize for the brand.

But I can't see them starting a third team to split Jonass-Herlings-Cairoli. Or wait a moment, would that be why the Standing Construct team came back and signed a contract with KTM as satellite team in the MXGP? To slit three roosters?

Also back to Cairoli, I don't know what his contract says. Maybe he has a option to quite after every season. Maybe he has a option to do something else for KTM like Enduro with there new Red Bull WESS championship. But I wouldn't be surprised to see that tough Sicilian being competitive till his day of his contract.

PS: Indeed luckily Prado and Jonass are pitting from different trucks, because they were racing on the edge today at Valkenswaard. Jonass was maybe even going a bit over the edge with cross-jumping sometimes to keep the Young Spanish kid behind him. I'm very curious how that will turn out on and off the track.
Hey brother, do you write for one of the big magazines? You have the most intelligent responses I've heard on vital. As title says...Doomed??? When does greed for championships, come back to bite ya in the behind??? Who does Pit spend more time with? From what I read, Herlings is his own agent. He knows he's the future, you don't think signing his number 1 competition to a 2 year extension, messes w his head. ....n then with Pauls coming to mxgp. 3 studs on same team???????
wreckitrandy
3/18/2018 6:11pm
Banzai551 wrote:
wreckitrandy.......if you don't agree they put a chain and padlock on your bike. Please research. That's what happened to Bayle.
No joke?.....
Banzai551
3/18/2018 6:21pm
No joke!!!!! That's why Bayle left Honda to go Roadracing. Hated. Absolutely hated Jeff Staton. N I raced 1993 500 outdoor series. Last year of the 500's. Last year I raced.
Banzai551
3/18/2018 6:23pm
In box van era, if Jeff Staton could legally shoot Bayle, he would have! The man, was sooooo smooth, he looked like he wasn't even trying.
TeamGreen
3/18/2018 7:25pm
Banzai551 wrote:
ALPMAN99. That's awesome!!!. Lol. Heres all I'm saying...you'd never see this split in the USA. You'd never see Dungey in one semi and MM25 in another...
ALPMAN99. That's awesome!!!. Lol. Heres all I'm saying...you'd never see this split in the USA. You'd never see Dungey in one semi and MM25 in another, with no communication n not working as """"1"""" team..... WITH""""1"""" TEAM MANAGER!. Just surprised at the SPLIT, when KTM is suppose to be ONE FACTORY TEAM. If AC we're to say get hurt n miss a round or 2....Could you see him blocking for Herlings to win a title??? MM25, we saw what he did for the Dunge!
When Ryan and Marvin were racing 450s together, they had sepreate rigs.

Post a reply to: Is KTM in Europe doomed???

The Latest