Is Musquin gonna move?

GODZILLA
Edited Date/Time 5/11/2019 10:19pm
Being beat is not pleasant, being beat by your new teammate and having your team party for someone else must be even worse.
Should Musquin switch? Will he? Where to? Should he just leave Baker's factory? Or change nothing?
What's your take?

|
kpiper
5/9/2019 3:37pm
There is some reason he has not signed yet.
jonesaustin
5/9/2019 3:42pm
I guess this is the harshness of individual sports. he was fastest at times. only one person can win the title and the teams know that when they field a 1+ rider team. if he wants something new, why not! who would take the 2nd spot to Webb if he left?
ledger
5/9/2019 3:43pm
Hard to imagine him anywhere other than KTM, he's been with them forever. Guess we'll have to wait for the word...
5/9/2019 3:45pm
I think he goes to a different team but I'm not sure that's the best thing for him unless he can go to Husky and continue to train with Aldon. I personally just don't see a scenario where Marvin is better without Aldon. I could be completely wrong, though.

The Shop

SX-Andy
5/9/2019 3:47pm
At this point in his career and having just been beaten by another team mate its got to be time to consider throwing the dice and having a go on another team? What does he have to lose, apart from some pay possibly.
slipdog
5/9/2019 3:48pm
I'm not sure I understand why a lot of people think because Webb beat him for the SX title he automatically has to find another team.
SX-Andy
5/9/2019 3:51pm
slipdog wrote:
I'm not sure I understand why a lot of people think because Webb beat him for the SX title he automatically has to find another team.
Not automatically, but it has to raise some questions about whether he is considering it?
GODZILLA
5/9/2019 3:55pm
I'm not sure seeing Webb everyday at the factory is the nicest feeling.
Huh
motoman617
5/9/2019 3:58pm
He started the season hurt and as he healed up and he got stronger his finishes improved. What if he had come into the season healthy? He was right in there till a couple of mistakes hurt him. I think he stays right where he is. Not sure who is out there that would be a better replacement for him at KTM.
kpiper
5/9/2019 4:01pm Edited Date/Time 5/9/2019 4:03pm
You can tell he is not happy being there with Webb. Kind of biting his tongue when he talks about it. Natural to be uncomfortable when the FNG (F...ing New Guy) comes in and beats you. Not only beats you but 'beats you up' a little during the race too! Smile

One thing if he did leave is he knows the Bakers Factory system well after many years so could probably duplicate it no problem somewhere else. He has DV too!

Also, don't the riders still pay Aldon themselves? I am sure he is very expensive. Zack commented on that aspect one time. And if KTM is offering MM25 less money (which I would bet they are doing) that also may make him consider other options.
kkawboy14
5/9/2019 4:02pm
KTM is gonna get a better deal out of him for sure!
oldnwise
5/9/2019 4:05pm
Perhaps nobody else wants him. Good rides are hard to come by......
kijen
5/9/2019 4:05pm
Sure he wants to win, but makin bank and being a backup qb aint the worst job in world.
MiguelT.
5/9/2019 4:37pm
If he moves teams he will start blaming the bike
STLSharky
5/9/2019 4:41pm
GODZILLA wrote:
Being beat is not pleasant, being beat by your new teammate and having your team party for someone else must be even worse. Should Musquin switch...
Being beat is not pleasant, being beat by your new teammate and having your team party for someone else must be even worse.
Should Musquin switch? Will he? Where to? Should he just leave Baker's factory? Or change nothing?
What's your take?

F that. Nut Up and ride against his ass. The cat bird seat is the best place to be. Webb is soooooooo beatable. He really got lucky this year. Others are waaay faster just not smarter.
Buzzard167
5/9/2019 4:55pm
Marv isn't going anywhere, him leaving would be a lose/lose for him and KTM in my opinion. He wouldn't find a better factory ride and KTM couldn't replace him with a better factory rider.
kpiper
5/9/2019 5:12pm
Buzzard167 wrote:
Marv isn't going anywhere, him leaving would be a lose/lose for him and KTM in my opinion. He wouldn't find a better factory ride and KTM...
Marv isn't going anywhere, him leaving would be a lose/lose for him and KTM in my opinion. He wouldn't find a better factory ride and KTM couldn't replace him with a better factory rider.
We don't know what they offered him money-wise. There is a reason he has not signed already. Supposedly, the offer has been on the table for a while.

In the Vegas press conferance, he said he 'wanted' to stay with KTM but did not say that was 100%. I am surprised (well, not really) that the press did not ask him why he had not signed yet.
Mxracer6y
5/9/2019 5:23pm
slipdog wrote:
Right???

He is 100% not going anywhere. He will without a doubt finish out his career at KTM.
Mxracer6y
5/9/2019 5:26pm
kijen wrote:
Sure he wants to win, but makin bank and being a backup qb aint the worst job in world.
easy there bud, slow down. Maybe want to see how he does outdoors before you go labeling him a backup??
Buzzard167
5/9/2019 5:42pm
Buzzard167 wrote:
Marv isn't going anywhere, him leaving would be a lose/lose for him and KTM in my opinion. He wouldn't find a better factory ride and KTM...
kpiper wrote:
We don't know what they offered him money-wise. There is a reason he has not signed already. Supposedly, the offer has been on the table for...
We don't know what they offered him money-wise. There is a reason he has not signed already. Supposedly, the offer has been on the table for a while.

In the Vegas press conferance, he said he 'wanted' to stay with KTM but did not say that was 100%. I am surprised (well, not really) that the press did not ask him why he had not signed yet.
It would be interesting to see where he would go but I hope he stays with KTM.
5/9/2019 5:42pm Edited Date/Time 5/9/2019 5:44pm
aeffertz wrote:
Y'all are so dramatic. Sheesh
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Marvin can take care of himself and if he got beat he got beat. He knows only he can do something about it. I mean really, what more motivation would a guy need?

He is probably delaying signing his contract over base salary or bonuses.

Edit: “money”to “base salary”
kpiper
5/9/2019 5:46pm Edited Date/Time 5/9/2019 5:51pm
The only way MM beats Webb outdoors is if Webb gets hurt. Don't think for one minute the young kid won't punt the old man.

Webb is going to be even stronger this summer than he was at SX. He won the big title. He got his confidence back. He will feel invincible. He is young and really has nothing to risk since he already won at SX. Just go for it.

Sure, Eli may beat him because Eli can be so unreal fast but MM is a totally different story. Does anyone think for one second that Webb does not 'know' he can beat Marvin?

For all you racers out there, when you 'know' you can beat someone you just do it. No matter what.

If he is still working on KTM over money then they must not have offered him what he wanted.
jonesaustin
5/9/2019 5:51pm
Team fields two racers, only one can win the championship. Being the second guy isn't a bad thing when you're as good as MM. If he wants something new, fine, but his season was great.
ga_pike
5/9/2019 6:05pm Edited Date/Time 5/9/2019 6:05pm
I don't see why he needs to go anywhere. There have always been successful teams with multiple title contenders... RJ and Bailey, Stanton and Bayle, Ward and Lechien, Dowd and Keidrowski, Roczen and Musquin, Dungey and Musquin... It actually seems that when you have 2 top notch guys on the same team, that team seems to excel.
Ranman68
5/9/2019 6:07pm
He's either gonna beat Webb next year or he won't. He's got it in him to come in stronger next year or the year after and get a title or he doesn't. Switching to a different brand isn't gonna change that reality or make him like Webb any more. Trying to switch/adjust to a new team, bike, trainer, etc at this point in his career won't do anything but put the final nail in the career coffin for him.
On top of all that, he will come across as the "I didn't get to be the main guy and you wasn't nice and you beat me and I'm upset so I'm leaving" guy. It won't look good. Odds of him doing better right away on another bike/team are slim to none. He's 29. His only choice is to stay at KTM and redeem himself if he can. if he loses again next year, at least he hung in there and tried. He didn't just quit and run somewhere else. He should go hard like a MF, get aggressive, and try to do a Cooper Webb on Cooper Webb. If he can get ugly and pull that off, he's the man!! I'm not a Marv fan (not a hater either), but if Marv pulled that off, I wouldn't be able to stop myself from being a Marv fan. And that's with me being a solid Webb fan now for years. I'd still be one, but I'd be a Marv fan too if he pulled that off. That's his only shot at glory at this point, and he's only got a season or two to do it in. If Marvin could.just find his inner MEAN MOTHERFUCKER for one year, I think he might just put it to everybody. He's a good person and an elite, accomplished athlete though, so I like the guy and respect him.
ledger
5/9/2019 6:14pm
He'll be smiling wherever he goes......
and with Matilda right by his side...that lucky bast##d, lol !!
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
5/9/2019 6:30pm
I cant see Him leaving but if He Does its gonna be because he was offered a Large amount of Money, because imo thats what it would take.

Post a reply to: Is Musquin gonna move?

The Latest