Is it Eli, RV, Reed, Stewart, RC or Factory Kawi??

Racer111
2/5/2018 8:57am
While Eli won a couple rounds, he stayed upright and no falls on the shoulder since the pants fell off. Could be he was nursing it and getting parked in a berm Saturday exposed it. That’s my guess.

However, the Factory Kawasaki team that’s had more championships than any other team in the last 20 years seems to run riders off or not gel with the team. RC wanted out, JS7 wanted out, Reed really wanted out, Rav was done and retired. Typically when you’re winning championships you want to keep it going. So my question is it the riders or the team or maybe even Japan? Aside from RV it seems like they win a championship with someone and they want to move to the next big thing. My guess is there wasn’t a next big thing while RV was there, soon hurry. RC left because they didn’t want to pay him and they had JS7 in the wings. Didn’t want to pay JS7 as they had RV in the wings. I just don’t know of any team that had operated like this. When you’re happy, things seem to go well. When you’re not, you crash a lot and things don’t go well. Just look at JS7 and JGR, Rockzen at Suzuki, Milsaps and Tedesco at Honda...

I have a new KX, so I’m not hating on the team, just wonder what goes on over there sometimes.
|
kb228
2/5/2018 9:04am
A lot of that is speculation. Literally every experience ive had directly with kawasaki as a company has been phenomenal. I doubt they have issues. all those riders except reed and eli grew up with kawasaki. Obviously something is GOOD at kawasaki for having so many people stay that long. Other riders not mentioned is ac and forkner. If something was wrong at kawasaki it would be obviously apparent.
jj welks
2/5/2018 9:07am
JS left b/c he wanted to continue with red bull not whatever your reasoning is
Racer111
2/5/2018 9:08am Edited Date/Time 2/5/2018 9:08am
kb228 wrote:
A lot of that is speculation. Literally every experience ive had directly with kawasaki as a company has been phenomenal. I doubt they have issues. all...
A lot of that is speculation. Literally every experience ive had directly with kawasaki as a company has been phenomenal. I doubt they have issues. all those riders except reed and eli grew up with kawasaki. Obviously something is GOOD at kawasaki for having so many people stay that long. Other riders not mentioned is ac and forkner. If something was wrong at kawasaki it would be obviously apparent.
Forkner and AC ride for Mitch, not Mike Fisher.
2/5/2018 9:08am Edited Date/Time 2/5/2018 9:09am
Eli literally just re-signed with the team under a long term contract. If he wanted out, he would be out.

The Shop

hamncheeze
2/5/2018 9:10am
No disrespect but I think you are stretching things a bit. RV retired because he was burned out from training. If he was on another brand and getting worked by Aldon he would have ended up the same. A big part of James' departure was his desire to be aligned with RedBull while the team was being bankrolled by Monster. Chad got hurt early on, then that was the same year that Andrew McFarlane died and he was in a big funk. His wife was pregnant too for the first time and I think he just got to "I'm over it" pretty fast. RC was wooed heavily by Honda, and the allure of factory Honda is pretty hard to resist for any racer when the money comes dangling.

If you listen to Matthes at all, he always says the vibe at the Kawi truck is pretty loose with the staff. Obviously they are all there to win, and Eli is getting paid to win, but it doesn't sound like everyone is running around uptight on race days. I'm a career-long fan of Tomac, but his problems are much more to do with him and not the brand/team he's on. Remember his up and down 2015 SX season on a factory Honda (with Geico decals). People want to remember the first 5 motos of outdoors that year and say "Oh he should have stayed on Honda" but I remember him crashing stupidly at A1, Atlanta 1, Indy, and Vegas that year.
Racer111
2/5/2018 9:20am
hamncheeze wrote:
No disrespect but I think you are stretching things a bit. RV retired because he was burned out from training. If he was on another brand...
No disrespect but I think you are stretching things a bit. RV retired because he was burned out from training. If he was on another brand and getting worked by Aldon he would have ended up the same. A big part of James' departure was his desire to be aligned with RedBull while the team was being bankrolled by Monster. Chad got hurt early on, then that was the same year that Andrew McFarlane died and he was in a big funk. His wife was pregnant too for the first time and I think he just got to "I'm over it" pretty fast. RC was wooed heavily by Honda, and the allure of factory Honda is pretty hard to resist for any racer when the money comes dangling.

If you listen to Matthes at all, he always says the vibe at the Kawi truck is pretty loose with the staff. Obviously they are all there to win, and Eli is getting paid to win, but it doesn't sound like everyone is running around uptight on race days. I'm a career-long fan of Tomac, but his problems are much more to do with him and not the brand/team he's on. Remember his up and down 2015 SX season on a factory Honda (with Geico decals). People want to remember the first 5 motos of outdoors that year and say "Oh he should have stayed on Honda" but I remember him crashing stupidly at A1, Atlanta 1, Indy, and Vegas that year.
I certainly don’t mean any diserespect. I was just wondering if it was something else other than Eli just happens to crash at the most inopurtune time along wit the other stuff mentioned.
make1go
2/5/2018 9:20am Edited Date/Time 2/5/2018 9:21am
You could look at all thr japanese brands and see some rather 'strange' goings on. I think the cultural gap between japan and most western countries is large, particulary with corperate and engineering decisions. Which has been confirmed by some people i know who have had high level dealings with them.
downard254
2/5/2018 9:31am
I have a speculative theory on it:

$$$$$$$$$$$$
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
2/5/2018 9:38am
Did RC leave because of his contract situation OR because he saw the 4 stroke thing coming and Stewart on a Kawi also. Kawasaki was late to the game with their 450 and Honda showed him some technology he liked?
ML512
Fantasy
36th
2/5/2018 9:50am
kb228 wrote:
A lot of that is speculation. Literally every experience ive had directly with kawasaki as a company has been phenomenal. I doubt they have issues. all...
Racer111 wrote:
Mike Fisher hasn't been at Kawasaki for around five years now...
Mit12
2/5/2018 9:56am
JS did not want out Kawasaki wanted RV instead.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2511th
2/5/2018 10:18am
Racer111 wrote:
While Eli won a couple rounds, he stayed upright and no falls on the shoulder since the pants fell off. Could be he was nursing it...
While Eli won a couple rounds, he stayed upright and no falls on the shoulder since the pants fell off. Could be he was nursing it and getting parked in a berm Saturday exposed it. That’s my guess.

However, the Factory Kawasaki team that’s had more championships than any other team in the last 20 years seems to run riders off or not gel with the team. RC wanted out, JS7 wanted out, Reed really wanted out, Rav was done and retired. Typically when you’re winning championships you want to keep it going. So my question is it the riders or the team or maybe even Japan? Aside from RV it seems like they win a championship with someone and they want to move to the next big thing. My guess is there wasn’t a next big thing while RV was there, soon hurry. RC left because they didn’t want to pay him and they had JS7 in the wings. Didn’t want to pay JS7 as they had RV in the wings. I just don’t know of any team that had operated like this. When you’re happy, things seem to go well. When you’re not, you crash a lot and things don’t go well. Just look at JS7 and JGR, Rockzen at Suzuki, Milsaps and Tedesco at Honda...

I have a new KX, so I’m not hating on the team, just wonder what goes on over there sometimes.
RC left Kawi because their 250 at the time was not as good Honda's and honda has arguably always had the best program.

JS7 i suspect he left due to his Red Bull sponsorship and also his desire to race SX only which San Manuel Yamaha offered

RV, i dont know, with him racing Snow cross i suspect he was getting interest in doing more than a commercial spot. he hated pro racing but i think deep down, after retiring and getting rid of the stress he is remembering how fun being on a bike is. Plus Kawi hired MC2 so maybe yamaha was willing to pay him more money than kawi would
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
2/5/2018 10:32am
Racer111 wrote:
And your point is? Mike Fisher hasn't been the team manager for several years now.
Racer111
2/5/2018 10:41am Edited Date/Time 2/5/2018 10:45am
Racer111 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
And your point is? Mike Fisher hasn't been the team manager for several years now.
He was the manager when RC, Stewart, Reed and RV were there.

And my point was they are 2 different teams.
280driver
2/5/2018 11:15am
How is this question related to ET re-injuring his shoulder? If he didn’t like the team or the bike he would not have resigned. Are you saying he’s laying the bike down intentionally to some how get out of something? He wrecked and injured his shoulder with Honda so not sure what your driving at.

My guess is Eli’s original shoulder injuries and long recovery was a wake-up call that showed him he was not invincible. I️ would guess that’s now always in the back of his mind and he does not want to go through again. I’ve found that you tend wreck/get hurt more often when you play sports with too much caution. He needs to get his head straight in my opinion. I️ hope he does because he’s awesome when he’s on his game and great to have in our sport.
Lucifa.
2/5/2018 12:32pm
Racer111 wrote:
While Eli won a couple rounds, he stayed upright and no falls on the shoulder since the pants fell off. Could be he was nursing it...

Where do you Vitards come up with this shit? Instead of guessing and spamming the board, give them a call and ask them.
BobbyM
2/5/2018 3:42pm
280driver wrote:
How is this question related to ET re-injuring his shoulder? If he didn’t like the team or the bike he would not have resigned. Are you...
How is this question related to ET re-injuring his shoulder? If he didn’t like the team or the bike he would not have resigned. Are you saying he’s laying the bike down intentionally to some how get out of something? He wrecked and injured his shoulder with Honda so not sure what your driving at.

My guess is Eli’s original shoulder injuries and long recovery was a wake-up call that showed him he was not invincible. I️ would guess that’s now always in the back of his mind and he does not want to go through again. I’ve found that you tend wreck/get hurt more often when you play sports with too much caution. He needs to get his head straight in my opinion. I️ hope he does because he’s awesome when he’s on his game and great to have in our sport.
If tomac stays on 2 wheels he hauls ass, when he hits dirt he's in pain... Maybe a lot.
bama205
2/5/2018 5:57pm
So you state they're the most successful in recent years then ask what their problem is?

I don't see the problem

Post a reply to: Is it Eli, RV, Reed, Stewart, RC or Factory Kawi??

The Latest