Too much hate speech?
|
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
3/1/2019 8:10am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2019 8:11am
friday10 wrote:
Too much hate speech?
I'm guessing oldblood deleted it himself. Didn't like where it was headed.
akillerwombat
3/1/2019 8:15am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2019 8:15am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
What did I miss Thad?
A bunch of people got mad because people are interested in Izzi's recovery... and instead of just letting those interested in how he is doing talk amongst themselves the "he's a fucking drug addict idiot" crowd went full retard.
friday10
3/1/2019 8:17am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
What did I miss Thad?
A bunch of people got mad because people are interested in Izzi's recovery... and instead of just letting those interested in how he is doing talk...
A bunch of people got mad because people are interested in Izzi's recovery... and instead of just letting those interested in how he is doing talk amongst themselves the "he's a fucking drug addict idiot" crowd went full retard.
/\ /\ This!

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
3/1/2019 8:17am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
What did I miss Thad?
A bunch of people got mad because people are interested in Izzi's recovery... and instead of just letting those interested in how he is doing talk...
Ahh gotcha. Same Izzi thread, different day. Don't get why people can't wish him well and move on.
.kyle
3/1/2019 8:18am
It seems like people care about train wreck Izzi yet it's forbidden to talk about JLaw. Strange place this one.
friday10
3/1/2019 8:21am
It's funny how some people reveal themselves on the internet.
yak651
Fantasy
168th
3/1/2019 8:28am
.kyle wrote:
It seems like people care about train wreck Izzi yet it's forbidden to talk about JLaw. Strange place this one.
Probably because more people have been burned trying to help Izzi where as Jlaw keeps to himself, does his own thing and doesn't ask for hand outs.
Forty
3/1/2019 8:33am
.kyle wrote:
yak651 wrote:
Probably because more people have been burned trying to help Izzi where as Jlaw keeps to himself, does his own thing and doesn't ask for hand...
Probably because more people have been burned trying to help Izzi where as Jlaw keeps to himself, does his own thing and doesn't ask for hand outs.
Is that it?
3/1/2019 8:39am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2019 8:55am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
What did I miss Thad?
Yep. Apparently, Nico doesn’t deserve to get better and recover.
akillerwombat
3/1/2019 9:24am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2019 9:32am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
What did I miss Thad?
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Ahh gotcha. Same Izzi thread, different day. Don't get why people can't wish him well and move on.
I don't blame them.

For something that seems as simple as "wishing someone well" the fact of the matter is... it isn't.

We place roles on athletes; highlighting the best to teach our kids, IE. "strive to be like Dungey". But the other side of that coin is, "DON'T BE LIKE NICO". And at this point, with his endless list of fuck ups, Nico doesn't just represent Nico anymore... he represents all of the drug addicted alcoholic disappointing drop out didn't live up to their potential fuck ups in our lives and everyone, and I mean everyone, has direct experience with one of those fuck ups. Point in case, my sibling is an on and off again drug addict (kicks it, goes back, kicks it, goes back, etc.) and it's impossible for me to see another "Izzi got in trouble again" headline and not displace my frustration with my sibling on Izzi knowing the pain he has caused those around him much like my sibling has to their spouse, their kid, their siblings, our dad, mom, etc.

Now take the weight of being a representative of all the fuck ups in our lives and combine that with a guy who had more talent in his big toe than 99% of the rest of us and it brings in the "dude fucked up and threw everything away... fucking idiot" crowd. Those are the people that annoy me. You don't think Nico realizes how badly he fucked up? He literally went from the top of the top to the absolute fucking bottom. I can't even begin to imagine what it would feel like to battle drug addiction, of which the purpose is to get clean enough so you can realize you threw away more than most everyone will ever have. And if he doesn't realize how badly he fucked up – then his brain is clearly broken beyond repair; who shits on a dude with brain damage? Aside from a slight blip in the positive affirmation that "thank god I'm not as big as a fuck up as Nico" what do people actually gain from shitting on a guy like that via the internet? Aside from the fact that it's easier for me to call Nico a "fuck up" or an "idiot" than it is my sibling... I can't think of a single thing.

Nico is a fuck up, Jlaw was a fuck up, we all have friends that are fuck ups, we're all related to fuck ups... but at the end of the day they're our fuck ups.
Buzzard167
3/1/2019 9:32am
sooooo........ is there an interview or something somewhere?
Titan1
3/1/2019 9:32am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I don't blame them. For something that seems as simple as "wishing someone well" the fact of the matter is... it isn't. We place roles on...
I don't blame them.

For something that seems as simple as "wishing someone well" the fact of the matter is... it isn't.

We place roles on athletes; highlighting the best to teach our kids, IE. "strive to be like Dungey". But the other side of that coin is, "DON'T BE LIKE NICO". And at this point, with his endless list of fuck ups, Nico doesn't just represent Nico anymore... he represents all of the drug addicted alcoholic disappointing drop out didn't live up to their potential fuck ups in our lives and everyone, and I mean everyone, has direct experience with one of those fuck ups. Point in case, my sibling is an on and off again drug addict (kicks it, goes back, kicks it, goes back, etc.) and it's impossible for me to see another "Izzi got in trouble again" headline and not displace my frustration with my sibling on Izzi knowing the pain he has caused those around him much like my sibling has to their spouse, their kid, their siblings, our dad, mom, etc.

Now take the weight of being a representative of all the fuck ups in our lives and combine that with a guy who had more talent in his big toe than 99% of the rest of us and it brings in the "dude fucked up and threw everything away... fucking idiot" crowd. Those are the people that annoy me. You don't think Nico realizes how badly he fucked up? He literally went from the top of the top to the absolute fucking bottom. I can't even begin to imagine what it would feel like to battle drug addiction, of which the purpose is to get clean enough so you can realize you threw away more than most everyone will ever have. And if he doesn't realize how badly he fucked up – then his brain is clearly broken beyond repair; who shits on a dude with brain damage? Aside from a slight blip in the positive affirmation that "thank god I'm not as big as a fuck up as Nico" what do people actually gain from shitting on a guy like that via the internet? Aside from the fact that it's easier for me to call Nico a "fuck up" or an "idiot" than it is my sibling... I can't think of a single thing.

Nico is a fuck up, Jlaw was a fuck up, we all have friends that are fuck ups, we're all related to fuck ups... but at the end of the day they're our fuck ups.
Thanks for the psychoanalyses.
akillerwombat
3/1/2019 9:34am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2019 9:35am
Titan1 wrote:

(sorry for the long post... my sibling has been royally fucking up the last few weeks and apparently I just needed to vent)
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
3/1/2019 9:37am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2019 9:46am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I don't blame them. For something that seems as simple as "wishing someone well" the fact of the matter is... it isn't. We place roles on...
I don't blame them.

The difference between Izzi and the rest of the moto "fuck ups" is he used the name equity he built in the sport to repeatedly lie, cheat and steal from regular moto folks that looked up to him. I don't jump on the Izzi dog pile, but I can see why some treat him no differently than a bike thief and don't care what hole he's rotting in today.

JBecker 72
3/1/2019 9:38am
Buzzard167 wrote:
https://player.fm/series/talking-sobriety/ep-7-nico-izzi-interview-from…

I listened to it. My take away from it is that he knows he fucked up, and is prepared to face the consequences, but he still has the mentality that he doesn’t belong in jail.
TJ 755
3/1/2019 9:47am
Buzzard167 wrote:
JBecker 72 wrote:
https://player.fm/series/talking-sobriety/ep-7-nico-izzi-interview-from-prison I listened to it. My take away from it is that he knows he fucked up, and is prepared to face the consequences, but he...

I listened to it. My take away from it is that he knows he fucked up, and is prepared to face the consequences, but he still has the mentality that he doesn’t belong in jail.
Thanks for posting the link. I just emailed it to myself so I can listen later tonight.
I am dealing with an addiction issue with my very own 16yo son and it is frankly the toughest most frightening thing I have ever experienced in my life. Times have been very trying lately.

I used to be one of those guys that said "oh fuck him he's a dope head idiot with no self control blah blah blah"
Until it truly touches your life and you spend a year or more learning about and working on the issue at a VERY personal level you will never understand.
Titan1
3/1/2019 9:58am
Titan1 wrote:
[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/arresteddevelopment/images/e/e3/3x03_Forget-Me-Now_%2812%29.png[/img] ([i]sorry for the long post... my sibling has been royally fucking up the last few weeks and apparently I just needed to vent[/i])

(sorry for the long post... my sibling has been royally fucking up the last few weeks and apparently I just needed to vent)
My sister and bro-in-law have been doing the drug thing (pills, then heroin, then meth) for the past 10 or 12 years...destroyed their family, ruined a very very successful business, and destroyed their marriage. I feel your pain...I really do.
mister2dt
3/1/2019 10:02am
Buzzard167 wrote:
JBecker 72 wrote:
https://player.fm/series/talking-sobriety/ep-7-nico-izzi-interview-from-prison I listened to it. My take away from it is that he knows he fucked up, and is prepared to face the consequences, but he...

TJ 755 wrote:
Thanks for posting the link. I just emailed it to myself so I can listen later tonight. I am dealing with an addiction issue with my...
Thanks for posting the link. I just emailed it to myself so I can listen later tonight.
I am dealing with an addiction issue with my very own 16yo son and it is frankly the toughest most frightening thing I have ever experienced in my life. Times have been very trying lately.

I used to be one of those guys that said "oh fuck him he's a dope head idiot with no self control blah blah blah"
Until it truly touches your life and you spend a year or more learning about and working on the issue at a VERY personal level you will never understand.
My best friend in college tried cocaine for the very first time the night he got his credentials for passing his boards, he was officially a doctor. One bump, heart stopped, instantly killed. He was 24. I watched it from 5 feet away, no idea who brought the coke, but thats irrelevant.

Fast forward a few years, my sons 18 months old, i find out im broke, i was in sales all the time and gone, wife handled everything. She was burning cash for coke and pills. Hes 19 now, we put her in rehab 7 times. She stolen over 100k from her family via checks and credit cards. She lives in a motel now turning tricks for meth, i got custody of my son when he was 7.

My little brother was a PBR and XBR professional bull rider. Also a meth dealer, user, and a runner for the gulf cartel bringing in tons of meth and coke a year all while travelling from rodeo to rodeo, he learned about meth from other professional bull riders. He is in prison now. His 7th stint, hes 38.

At some point you have to empathize and/or love from a distance. Izzi has done many wrongs, but perspective changes how you view cases like his
byke
3/1/2019 10:23am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
What did I miss Thad?
Yep. Apparently, Nico doesn’t deserve to get better and recover.
He totally does, but which time? The first time, the tenth time, or the hundredth time? The only positivity that matters doesn't even look like positivity. It comes in the form of tough love from whomever is working at the facility he may or may not ever leave successfully. Everything else is enabling, because rock bottom doesn't come from a bunch of smiles and best wishes. Smiles and best wishes look like an opportunity for manipulation to addicts.
milliebays
3/1/2019 10:35am
JBecker 72 wrote:

TJ 755 wrote:
Thanks for posting the link. I just emailed it to myself so I can listen later tonight. I am dealing with an addiction issue with my...

mister2dt wrote:
My best friend in college tried cocaine for the very first time the night he got his credentials for passing his boards, he was officially a...
My best friend in college tried cocaine for the very first time the night he got his credentials for passing his boards, he was officially a doctor. One bump, heart stopped, instantly killed. He was 24. I watched it from 5 feet away, no idea who brought the coke, but thats irrelevant.

Fast forward a few years, my sons 18 months old, i find out im broke, i was in sales all the time and gone, wife handled everything. She was burning cash for coke and pills. Hes 19 now, we put her in rehab 7 times. She stolen over 100k from her family via checks and credit cards. She lives in a motel now turning tricks for meth, i got custody of my son when he was 7.

My little brother was a PBR and XBR professional bull rider. Also a meth dealer, user, and a runner for the gulf cartel bringing in tons of meth and coke a year all while travelling from rodeo to rodeo, he learned about meth from other professional bull riders. He is in prison now. His 7th stint, hes 38.

At some point you have to empathize and/or love from a distance. Izzi has done many wrongs, but perspective changes how you view cases like his
damn. wow. thx for sharing. powerful anecdotes. hope things are going better.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
3/1/2019 10:49am
JBecker 72 wrote:

TJ 755 wrote:

mister2dt wrote:
My best friend in college tried cocaine for the very first time the night he got his credentials for passing his boards, he was officially a...

Damn man. I'm so sorry to hear that.
MXD
3/1/2019 11:49am
TJ 755 wrote:

I can offer you no advice or anything of value to help your situation. I just wanted to say that I wish you and your son the best.
oldblood
3/3/2019 5:16pm
I ran across this podcast a few weeks ago, and found it interesting. How often is there an interview from jail with a pro mxer, and it shed some light on the whole deal. I thought Colin did a good job. I was going to post a link then but I figured it would turn into a shit show, so I didn't. Later I decided it could help someone, so I (made the mistake and) posted it.
The reason I hope Nico can turn it around is that I lost a good friend to similar circumstances, and he left behind a daughter. I'm hoping he can turn it around.
Our sport is an injury sport, with many pain meds.
I found myself in the ICU getting pumped with meds and was prescribed meds, and like many here I didn't have a problem getting off them. But obviously by the epidemic in our country, not everyone gets off that easily. Like my friend. So rather than hope for the worst, I am hoping for something good. These days, we need all the good news we can get.
IWreckALot
3/3/2019 5:26pm
Titan1 wrote:
[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/arresteddevelopment/images/e/e3/3x03_Forget-Me-Now_%2812%29.png[/img] ([i]sorry for the long post... my sibling has been royally fucking up the last few weeks and apparently I just needed to vent[/i])

Wow that’s hilarious. I’m literally watching arrested development as I’m reading.

Analrapist. Greatness.
davistld01
3/3/2019 6:04pm
Maybe Nico needs to reassess who he needs to get clean for. I’m coming in as a former addict/alcoholic whose (by the grace of God) been clean over 20-years...but after trying to sober up for family, fiancé or career...I couldn’t do it. I know this a racing forum & he has tons if talent...but seriously SCREW RACING! Nico needs to be 100% selfish & get clean for himself & for himself only. If he can, and he can find out about himself...maybe the stuff he loves (like racing) will work out.
TXDirt
3/3/2019 8:34pm
I have a brother who’s a drug addict. Multiple DUIs. Steals from family members. Has spent most of his adult life in and out of jail.

I stopped critizing him and ragging on him.

The best thing I can do is to pray for him and when I see him at family functions I pray with him.
jeffro503
3/3/2019 9:03pm
I've lost quite a few friends from drugs over the years. They either make a life choice and become clean , or back in jail , or dead. I have quite a few old friends in which I distanced myself from them because I don't want anything to do with people abusing drugs. I tried for years ( decades even with some! ). Most made it out and lead good lives. Other's did not.

I've gotten to a point in my life , where I only worry about my family , my close friends and myself. I figure that if a person reaches his 30's , 40's , 50's or later , and you haven't figured it out yet , I won't spend the energy trying to help you any more. A person who continually fucks up over and over and over , i tend to wash my hands of them. I wasn't put on this earth to babysit my adult friend's. I will help as much as I can at first , but after 5 , 10 , 20 fucking years and you won't change......fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

This topic has kind of hit a nerve with me tonight , manly because we have a riding buddy that refuses to grow up. And even after many years in prison , he still doesn't get it , and it pisses me off. I literally just found out some bad shit just this week.
mxmaniac
3/4/2019 2:22am
Buzzard167 wrote:
JBecker 72 wrote:

TJ 755 wrote:

Sending love from Australia... All the best TJ

Post a reply to: Izzi interview

The Latest