J Bone,

Edited Date/Time 10/18/2019 11:37am
Why is J Bone still at JGR, to an outsider he has under performed.
They could have had one of each title by now.
Surely his head must be on the chopping block If JGR continue?
|
wildbill
10/17/2019 11:28pm
As if it's only one.
Crush
10/17/2019 11:42pm
How has he underperformed though? Their results don't appear to be for lack of effort and a lot of other managers have gone winless/titleless since JGR has been around also.

He doesn't ride the bike. They've had shit luck with injuries and bikes. They've actually tried to be responsible with their athletes (offering training programs away from distractions etc)

The Yamaha voodoo meant they occasionally lost out on some talent (ie Wilson, Tickle etc) He's still signed some big names, who either got injured, kept crashing, or had no motivation and/or then inexplicably did better on the same bike a year later.

Judge him if people said he was a crap manager but racing is rarely about the management unless it's abhorrently bad.

Ray_MXS
10/17/2019 11:45pm
Haters are gonna hate.

I'm amazed you people are stupid enough to think it's his fault. Or anyone's fault for that matter.
10/18/2019 2:44am
You’re acting as if they ever had a rider who could actually win a Championship. Their best shot was Stewart years ago, but that first generation Yamaha was a major problem.
There was Zero chance last year with reed. Unless it’s Jbone who keeps choosing the riders, it’s not his fault.

The Shop

10/18/2019 3:09am
I am not a hater,
Wether or not he alone choses the riders, he is ultimately responsible.
If he was a coach on a ball team he would have been out a long time ago, true?
Best equipment, the best rider with Stewart, some great riders, enough money and resources, all for almost nothing.
It may be time for a change.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
10/18/2019 3:14am
Why is J Bone still at JGR, to an outsider he has under performed. They could have had one of each title by now. Surely his...
Nothing wrong with Jeremy and the his crew.

Jbone has 11 major championships as a tuner, eight AMA Mechanic of the Year awards, two LiveNation Mechanic of the Year titles and the 2006 Mechanix Wear Outstanding Achievement award.

There are many great teams chasing championships each year, most fall short. It's how it goes....

Crush
10/18/2019 3:48am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2019 3:49am
Crush, most other manufacturers have had a revolving door with managers in recent times,
But do you think any of them should or did get the arse because they weren't winning?

How they do the job is more important – and has fuck all to do with the riders winning IMO. I know what you mean about the comparison to other sports but team sports the coach can inflict will and tactics in to a system. That doesn't apply in MX. Fast enough to win is usually the rule.

MX historically has been dominated by a select few. I'd wager most of them could have done it on other teams/bikes of the time or with different managers too.

I mean, you don't hear a lot of people shitting on J-Bone. You did hear a lot of complaints about Mike Fisher. "He" won titles with RV and Stew.
10/18/2019 3:48am
Yes, he was a superstar 13 years ago,
But this is almost 2020, and like most of these other winless teams the managers come and go.

Look at team Green the last 10 years.....
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
10/18/2019 3:51am
You’re right. It’s his fault he signed hill who has insane speed and talent and shit the bed. His fault he signed Barcia and he sucked or his fault he signed stew sucked.
10/18/2019 4:04am
Sooner or later he has to put his hand up.

For example, what happened to Eli mid season when the manager " left".

I think you may all be in denial.
10/18/2019 4:08am
Even after switching team managers, how many championships has the mighty Factory Honda team won in the past 10 years? Race Team managers have very little to do with what happens on the track.
Casting
10/18/2019 4:25am
Sounds like you could use a fat ass jack and coke... maybe relax a bit with a white trash hooker.
Ray_MXS
10/18/2019 4:26am
Lets just agree to disagree, although i am right, of course!
I give you 1/10th of the budget the other team has. Now go out there and sign a couple of "championship contenders" please.

Oh and they also have to be free to sign with no current contract.

Go!
JJO741
Fantasy
3035th
10/18/2019 4:27am
Even after switching team managers, how many championships has the mighty Factory Honda team won in the past 10 years? Race Team managers have very little...
Even after switching team managers, how many championships has the mighty Factory Honda team won in the past 10 years? Race Team managers have very little to do with what happens on the track.
Was just about to say, Honda hasn’t produced a 450 champion yet either. JBone can’t be blamed for the short coming of his riders. JGR fields the best they can and their equipment is still of the best in the industry. The sport is always dominated by a few names and unless you have one of them, it’s difficult to be a contender.

It would be a damn shame if JGR/Suzuki went away. I hated seeing zero Suzuki’s in the 250 class for years and it would honestly suck seeing no Suzuki reputation in American supercross/motocross.
10/18/2019 5:04am
Even after switching team managers, how many championships has the mighty Factory Honda team won in the past 10 years? Race Team managers have very little...
JJO741 wrote:
Was just about to say, Honda hasn’t produced a 450 champion yet either. JBone can’t be blamed for the short coming of his riders. JGR fields...
Was just about to say, Honda hasn’t produced a 450 champion yet either. JBone can’t be blamed for the short coming of his riders. JGR fields the best they can and their equipment is still of the best in the industry. The sport is always dominated by a few names and unless you have one of them, it’s difficult to be a contender.

It would be a damn shame if JGR/Suzuki went away. I hated seeing zero Suzuki’s in the 250 class for years and it would honestly suck seeing no Suzuki reputation in American supercross/motocross.
Yes it would be a shame for JGR to disappear, thats why they could do with some new blood.

Look what KTM was before RD,
RMTV before Burner,
Geico before Larocco,
Star racing before who ever.

Blah blah and fucking blah.
Johnny Ringo
10/18/2019 5:12am
His biggest mistake was not re upping with Yamaha to go to a brand that has no interest in staying in the sport
10/18/2019 5:17am
Lol, what exactly has he underperformed at? I don't recall their equipment imploding on a regular basis. He can only bring in the riders Coy approves and is willing to pay. Which, by the way, was once "the FMOTP". Blame the riders and possibly Coy, but I don't see J Bone as the problem. I'm not in their shop though. So obviously, I could be wrong.
KHI Guy
10/18/2019 5:39am
It's kind of hard to win titles when there are only a couple of people capable of winning one, and none of them will ever be on your bike. Even when Stew was there, he was mentally checked out and wasn't going to win one at that point.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
10/18/2019 6:00am
Who is JBone again?
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
10/18/2019 6:10am
Ray_MXS wrote:
I give you 1/10th of the budget the other team has. Now go out there and sign a couple of "championship contenders" please. Oh and they...
I give you 1/10th of the budget the other team has. Now go out there and sign a couple of "championship contenders" please.

Oh and they also have to be free to sign with no current contract.

Go!
bingo.
mikec265
10/18/2019 6:43am
This whole thread is stupid. Some ignant mofos in here. Unless I here something from a riders mouth, this is just a bunch of bologna to me.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
10/18/2019 7:00am
Why is J Bone still at JGR, to an outsider he has under performed. They could have had one of each title by now. Surely his...
Management is only as good as what the ownership will let them be.

J bone is probably the best thing that Team has
fatpurplepanda
Fantasy
2816th
10/18/2019 7:10am
Casting wrote:
Sounds like you could use a fat ass jack and coke... maybe relax a bit with a white trash hooker.
Throw in some commas and we're in business.

I'd love some fat ass, jack, and coke Smile
adjentleman
Fantasy
958th
10/18/2019 8:06am
I am not a hater, Wether or not he alone choses the riders, he is ultimately responsible. If he was a coach on a ball team...
I am not a hater,
Wether or not he alone choses the riders, he is ultimately responsible.
If he was a coach on a ball team he would have been out a long time ago, true?
Best equipment, the best rider with Stewart, some great riders, enough money and resources, all for almost nothing.
It may be time for a change.
So I guess Erik Kehoe and everyone at Honda should be fired too because they havent won a supercross championship since 2003 with Carmichael. If it were so easy to throw someone like Stewart on a bike and win, wouldnt Stewart have more than 2 supercross titles to his name?
CivBars
10/18/2019 8:07am
burn1986 wrote:
Who is JBone again?
Thought this thread was going to be about Alex Ray's dog..

Post a reply to: J Bone,

The Latest