JS7 monster kawi deal...

jpmoney57
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2020 1:42am
Just listened to Mathes and Weige review show, seriously strong rumours that monster and kawi are working on a deal to bring JS7 back home as an ambassador role I guess? Also Steve was saying Oscar was hired based on his strong ties with Stew not only as AC9 crew chief... this will be good!
|
crowe176
1/21/2020 2:06am
Stew doesn’t strike me as the “ambassador” type of guy.

The Shop

jpmoney57
1/21/2020 3:20am
mxdude105 wrote:
Doesn't Kawi already have McGrath as their "ambassador"?
Yeah I guess. Listen to the review show. These guys are pretty certain something is happening.
tobz
1/21/2020 3:24am
Stews back baby
Momus
1/21/2020 3:33am
Reedy was gonna be racing a works KTM a month ago too...
1/21/2020 4:37am
crowe176 wrote:
While I agree, I think he's too competitive to let RV2 just take all the fun.

And just think of the money he could possibly make doing a 125 all start race this summer with RV and Chad. Or over seas.

He still has the ability to bring in money...might as well go for it.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
1/21/2020 5:00am
I know his red bull deal expired... but I don't see him promoting Monster.
Crush
1/21/2020 5:07am
I see Kawi but monster would be shocking. Wasn't that basically the reason (and maybe a bit of Fisher) he left in the first place?
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
1/21/2020 5:26am
jpmoney57 wrote:
Just listened to Mathes and Weige review show, seriously strong rumours that monster and kawi are working on a deal to bring JS7 back home as...
Just listened to Mathes and Weige review show, seriously strong rumours that monster and kawi are working on a deal to bring JS7 back home as an ambassador role I guess? Also Steve was saying Oscar was hired based on his strong ties with Stew not only as AC9 crew chief... this will be good!
The crew chief thing was clearly a joke
Mossy
1/21/2020 5:34am
I heard they were going to make James replace McGrath and have him come out to all the Supercross events and send quads with Axell Hodges that everyone else is scared of.
crowe176
1/21/2020 6:55am
crowe176 wrote:
While I agree, I think he's too competitive to let RV2 just take all the fun. And just think of the money he could possibly make...
While I agree, I think he's too competitive to let RV2 just take all the fun.

And just think of the money he could possibly make doing a 125 all start race this summer with RV and Chad. Or over seas.

He still has the ability to bring in money...might as well go for it.
Just to clarify, if he could commit, he would be the ultimate brand ambassador. Nobody has the reach as James. I just wonder if he’d be willing to do all that’s asked of what RV or MC does.

seventeen
1/21/2020 7:45am
davis224 wrote:
Why not?
Moto520
1/21/2020 8:03am
That would be pretty cool. Maybe he will hit up a couple 125 races and just have fun
Adam43
1/21/2020 8:08am
It makes all the sense in the world, IF James is committed to it.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
1/21/2020 8:14am
Who thought he would have made it this far with his Supercross analysis? Anything is possible! Also who knows what his lifestyle costs are? He may be financially motivated.
Dtat720
1/21/2020 8:47am
motoxxx599 wrote:
Who thought he would have made it this far with his Supercross analysis? Anything is possible! Also who knows what his lifestyle costs are? He may...
Who thought he would have made it this far with his Supercross analysis? Anything is possible! Also who knows what his lifestyle costs are? He may be financially motivated.
Big James was smart in investing early on with the compound. Its built within orange groves. Their income was never reliant completely on racing. Probably a safe bet, the groves bring in more than racing did
rileymx
1/21/2020 8:50am
i dont get this ambassador shit these days, mc with kawasaki, rv with yamaha......isnt this sport about racing dirtbikes ??? shoulndnt the brands be spending their money on bikes and racers ??? shouldnt the fans be pissed to see lots of money been wasted away from the race track ???? shouldnt that money be spent on the young kids on the brand programe and get more of them to the pros, or on putting more suport on private teams that ride your brand ???
supporting the expensive livestyle of old stars who will promote whatever and dont even have the honor and pride to be loyal to the brands that got them to be stars is not good for the sport, not in my view !!!!!!
davis224
Fantasy
165th
1/21/2020 8:56am
davis224 wrote:
seventeen wrote:
Why not?
He was pretty damn loyal to them, left Kawi because of the Monster deal. Not saying it's impossible, but I'd be more surprised than when RV became a Yamaha ambassador.
OR Racer46
Fantasy
876th
1/21/2020 8:58am
motoxxx599 wrote:
Who thought he would have made it this far with his Supercross analysis? Anything is possible! Also who knows what his lifestyle costs are? He may...
Dtat720 wrote:
Big James was smart in investing early on with the compound. Its built within orange groves. Their income was never reliant completely on racing. Probably a...
Big James was smart in investing early on with the compound. Its built within orange groves. Their income was never reliant completely on racing. Probably a safe bet, the groves bring in more than racing did
Pretty sure Fox is who bought the property
RonJon
1/21/2020 9:02am
davis224 wrote:
seventeen wrote:
Why not?
davis224 wrote:
He was pretty damn loyal to them, left Kawi because of the Monster deal. Not saying it's impossible, but I'd be more surprised than when RV...
He was pretty damn loyal to them, left Kawi because of the Monster deal. Not saying it's impossible, but I'd be more surprised than when RV became a Yamaha ambassador.
He left because Kawi didn't want to pay him and Monster wasn't willing to pay what Red Bull was paying. If they had kicked in the cash he would have stayed. He was pulling in almost 10 mil a year between his deal with L&M Yamaha and Red Bull. They pretty much built that team around Chad and then Himself to maximize endorsements.
Panic_Rev
1/21/2020 9:07am
rileymx wrote:
i dont get this ambassador shit these days, mc with kawasaki, rv with yamaha......isnt this sport about racing dirtbikes ??? shoulndnt the brands be spending their...
i dont get this ambassador shit these days, mc with kawasaki, rv with yamaha......isnt this sport about racing dirtbikes ??? shoulndnt the brands be spending their money on bikes and racers ??? shouldnt the fans be pissed to see lots of money been wasted away from the race track ???? shouldnt that money be spent on the young kids on the brand programe and get more of them to the pros, or on putting more suport on private teams that ride your brand ???
supporting the expensive livestyle of old stars who will promote whatever and dont even have the honor and pride to be loyal to the brands that got them to be stars is not good for the sport, not in my view !!!!!!
It's about selling product and making money. Between RV2 and AP7 I wonder who has added more to the bottom line for Yamaha.
fatpurplepanda
Fantasy
2816th
1/21/2020 9:26am
motoxxx599 wrote:
Dtat720 wrote:
Big James was smart in investing early on with the compound. Its built within orange groves. Their income was never reliant completely on racing. Probably a...
OR Racer46 wrote:
...for James as his payment rather than a big salary
ProKawi24
1/21/2020 10:03am
I think the itch is finally needing a scratch. Even though he's talked about being totally burnt out and exhausted from the serious racing, he's obviously been watching the races all this time. I think his love for riding is still there, he just needed time away to completely decompress and feel comfortable in his decision to walk away. Plus it's been long enough now he won't feel pressure from people wanting him to do some comeback tour. Maybe he does do some sort of deal with Monster/Kawi to do an ambassador type of role and enter some 125 dream races. He won't take any risks but I would totally understand if he wanted to go bang bars with RV for fun. How awesome would that be to see RV and James having a beer together after a 125 race while watching the mains?
Dtat720
1/21/2020 10:44am
motoxxx599 wrote:
Dtat720 wrote:
OR Racer46 wrote:
Right, and orange groves are still there, producing. Thats big James work. Insuring an income outside on sx/mx. Fox didnt do that. They simply provided land in lieu of cash.
davistld01
1/21/2020 10:47am
I’d rather see/hear James as an announcer than see him as a brand ambassador.
1/21/2020 10:52am
davistld01 wrote:
I’d rather see/hear James as an announcer than see him as a brand ambassador.
Well right now we get him on youtube and MC talking about random shit no one cares about during broadcasts. Perhaps him becoming an ambassador would have him on instead of MC, which is a good start
1/21/2020 11:07am
davis224 wrote:
He was pretty damn loyal to them, left Kawi because of the Monster deal. Not saying it's impossible, but I'd be more surprised than when RV...
I could see the Monster deal happening. I would assume part of the loyalty to Red Bull was their loyalty to him. Obviously they no longer work together which I would assume is a Red Bull decision so he has no one to really be loyal to now. Who knows though, just my opinion on things.

Post a reply to: JS7 monster kawi deal...

The Latest