Moto_Geek can't tell one rider from another

Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1666th
Edited Date/Time 4/28/2013 2:56pm
Apparently James Stewarts trainer got him using "Ronnie Mac Abs In 6 Minutes".

|
peelout
4/26/2013 9:31am
this won't end well...

but seriously, the dudes have amazing wheelie skill
imissrc
4/26/2013 9:49am
All i see is some asshole giving dirt bike riders a bad name.
Rooster
4/26/2013 10:01am
Doug Domokos is rolling in his grave.

The Shop

jayback42
4/26/2013 10:09am
So you are saying that all black dudes look the same... watch out man, the vial NAACP is coming for you!
JeepnMike
4/26/2013 10:19am
peelout wrote:
this won't end well...

Peely, I love your optimism! Grinning
smoker
4/26/2013 10:28am
peelout wrote:
this won't end well...

exactly what I was thinking. oh man OP!

but those wheelies are just plain madness.
4/26/2013 10:42am Edited Date/Time 4/26/2013 10:43am
Am I the only one around here that is really impressed with the talent of some of these kids? [edit; I guess not!]

I'm jealous of a lot of what I see in these videos. I rode consistently for thirteen years and became a decent local rider, yet I don't have anything close to the balance that some of these guys do.

When I see this stuff I just salivate over the untapped talent here. If it became "cool" for these inner city kids to rail berms, skim whoops, and scrub jumps I'm certain the complexion of this sport would change pretty rapidly.
Sandberm
4/26/2013 10:47am
TripleFive wrote:
Am I the only one around here that is really impressed with the talent of some of these kids? [edit; I guess not!] I'm jealous of...
Am I the only one around here that is really impressed with the talent of some of these kids? [edit; I guess not!]

I'm jealous of a lot of what I see in these videos. I rode consistently for thirteen years and became a decent local rider, yet I don't have anything close to the balance that some of these guys do.

When I see this stuff I just salivate over the untapped talent here. If it became "cool" for these inner city kids to rail berms, skim whoops, and scrub jumps I'm certain the complexion of this sport would change pretty rapidly.
Due to the fact that they ride on asphalt...perhaps hardpack tracks would come back in style if these guys started to ride mx.
4/26/2013 11:02am
i really dont get the one armed swinging thing these guys seem to all do
4/26/2013 11:10am
MY Fucking God That Is Awesome !!!! I SO wish I could ride a wheelie like that with TWO hands !!!!!!!
DrSweden
4/26/2013 12:16pm
Skills is to be find everywhere, this becomes more of an social deprivation issue for me...
FlaNard
4/26/2013 12:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/26/2013 12:23pm
TripleFive wrote:
Am I the only one around here that is really impressed with the talent of some of these kids? [edit; I guess not!] I'm jealous of...

You need to be looking to freestyle for the next great racers by that logic. Every freestyle rider can do the trick wheelie stuff. Hell, the fat kid on the blacked out CR at any local track will do this type of wheelie through the pits on any practice day in between his butt whips off the smallest tabletop on the track. Wheelie skills do not equate to motocross skills. I used to be able to drag my rear fender doing wheelies and could do it at a young age. That didnt equal me being the next McGrath. If all you have is flat ground to ride you will wheelie. Most people with some small amount of skill would learn to wheelie pretty well in those conditions if they rode a lot.
Panic_Rev
4/26/2013 12:26pm
imissrc wrote:
All i see is some asshole giving dirt bike riders a bad name.
I agree.
4/26/2013 12:34pm Edited Date/Time 4/26/2013 12:34pm
FlaNard wrote:
You need to be looking to freestyle for the next great racers by that logic. Every freestyle rider can do the trick wheelie stuff. Hell, the...
You need to be looking to freestyle for the next great racers by that logic. Every freestyle rider can do the trick wheelie stuff. Hell, the fat kid on the blacked out CR at any local track will do this type of wheelie through the pits on any practice day in between his butt whips off the smallest tabletop on the track. Wheelie skills do not equate to motocross skills. I used to be able to drag my rear fender doing wheelies and could do it at a young age. That didnt equal me being the next McGrath. If all you have is flat ground to ride you will wheelie. Most people with some small amount of skill would learn to wheelie pretty well in those conditions if they rode a lot.
Yeah you're right. These guys have no talent. Just because they have learned how to absolutely freaking master one aspect of riding doesn't ever make it more likely that they would be able pick up any other skill.

If they had an outlet other than the streets of Baltimore there is no reason to think they would be any better than the goons on this board. DizzyDizzy
katooom
4/26/2013 12:43pm
"James Stewart Sighting From My Car" -

good to see his wrist doesn't seem to be bothering him too much - or is that why he had to one-hand it?
VET176
4/26/2013 12:45pm
I don't understand why you guys give these asshole's so much airplay.

Skill or not, they are just crims FFS! Angry

If the bike aint stolen, then their antics are certainly illegal.
FlaNard
4/26/2013 12:47pm
FlaNard wrote:
You need to be looking to freestyle for the next great racers by that logic. Every freestyle rider can do the trick wheelie stuff. Hell, the...
TripleFive wrote:
Yeah you're right. These guys have no talent. Just because they have learned how to absolutely freaking master one aspect of riding doesn't ever make it...
Yeah you're right. These guys have no talent. Just because they have learned how to absolutely freaking master one aspect of riding doesn't ever make it more likely that they would be able pick up any other skill.

If they had an outlet other than the streets of Baltimore there is no reason to think they would be any better than the goons on this board. DizzyDizzy
Never said they didn't have talent. But if you took many of the people from this board and only gave them pavement to ride on, and they were cool with it and stuck it out and rode a lot, you don't think they could learn to do wheelie tricks? Wheelies are not very difficult, and unless you are doing it in front of cars they aren't very scary. You fall off the back and knock the wind out of yourself, get back up, rinse and repeat. Like I said, freestyle guys can do this all day. Some have decent speed like a Adams, Mason, Renner or Bartram, some don't. One skill does not equate to another.
FlaNard
4/26/2013 12:49pm
VET176 wrote:
I don't understand why you guys give these asshole's so much airplay. Skill or not, they are just crims FFS! :angry: If the bike aint stolen...
I don't understand why you guys give these asshole's so much airplay.

Skill or not, they are just crims FFS! Angry

If the bike aint stolen, then their antics are certainly illegal.
Agreed.
LowPsi
4/26/2013 12:54pm
It's just another Black Eye for Motorcycling. Angry
Ryan_Roberts
4/26/2013 1:00pm
anyone ever stop to question how these kids are getting/paying for these bikes?

stolen?

I really cant picture a swagged out kid from the streets walking into a dealership and financing a 8 thousand dollar motorcycle.
JW381
4/26/2013 1:07pm
peelout wrote:
this won't end well...

I can't help but watch the vids, I'm so envious of how easily they get it up and keep it up.
JW381
4/26/2013 1:10pm
LowPsi wrote:
It's just another Black Eye for Motorcycling. Angry
I see what you did there...
4/26/2013 1:35pm
Why does he have numbers on his number plates if he's just going to do wheelies up and down his street?
BuDz34
4/26/2013 1:47pm
i hate when people say "this is giving dirtbike riders a bad name" thats retarded and moronic. No the fuck it isnt IMISSRC, dont be dumb. What gives us a bad name is assuming people give a fuck about what "you" do.. I have never once in my life heard any bad wraps about dirtbikers so just stfu and go wash the stupid off your head!!!
4/26/2013 1:51pm
FlaNard wrote:
Never said they didn't have talent. But if you took many of the people from this board and only gave them pavement to ride on, and...
Never said they didn't have talent. But if you took many of the people from this board and only gave them pavement to ride on, and they were cool with it and stuck it out and rode a lot, you don't think they could learn to do wheelie tricks? Wheelies are not very difficult, and unless you are doing it in front of cars they aren't very scary. You fall off the back and knock the wind out of yourself, get back up, rinse and repeat. Like I said, freestyle guys can do this all day. Some have decent speed like a Adams, Mason, Renner or Bartram, some don't. One skill does not equate to another.
I guess it was unreasonable for me to think that if more inner-city minorities had access to a MX track the racial dynamics of this sport at the elite levels would change.
4/26/2013 1:52pm
JW381 wrote:
I can't help but watch the vids, I'm so envious of how easily they get it up and keep it up.
I see what you did there.

Post a reply to: Moto_Geek can't tell one rider from another

The Latest